• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss

A further continuation of The Witcher 2 saga, because of Namco Bandai's greed, the price of the game on GOG has also been jacked. GOG have tried to be as generous as possible by offering $26 store credit to compensate for this. They are also honouring the previous pre-order prices of $45.

ilnOsy.jpg

OzGameShop is definitely the way to go if you want the game on/shortly after release and haven't pre-ordered pre-jacking with GOG. I think I might order with OzGameShop at $47 as perhaps buying the game at the original pre-order price may actually be hurting GOG.

Salazar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I jumped back into Darksiders last night and I have to say that the FPS bit is... questionable at best. The combat in this game is OK, I guess, but there's waaaay too much of it, so it very quickly stops being fun.

The voice acting is still cheesy as hell, but it's growing on me.

The updated engine is being used for Space Marine.

This interview got me so hyped. I like the idea of straining against learned behaviour.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68369/interview-space-marine-director-raphael

reptilescorpio said:
Because you keep talking about this Lajoie guy I have decided to give watching The League a shot after reading its wiki page. Nice work, now I have to watch Chuck, The League AND play through The Witcher while trying to do an assignment by next Sunday. Nice.
Shaneus said:
That's not the first time I've mentioned him? Holy shit.

Side note: I'm going to give The League a go today as well. Had no idea he was in a TV show.

The League is awesome. Very funny.

justin.au

I'd forgotten how hard Quake makes me rage. Hadn't played an arena game competitively for 7-8 years and I installed Quake Live. Very bad idea.

Danoss said:
A further continuation of The Witcher 2 saga, because of Namco Bandai's greed, the price of the game on GOG has also been jacked. GOG have tried to be as generous as possible by offering $26 store credit to compensate for this. They are also honouring the previous pre-order prices of $45.

ilnOsy.jpg

OzGameShop is definitely the way to go if you want the game on/shortly after release and haven't pre-ordered pre-jacking with GOG. I think I might order with OzGameShop at $47 as perhaps buying the game at the original pre-order price may actually be hurting GOG.
Yup when the Steam price change went into effect GOG told everyone to get in quick before their price went up too. The joys of retail partnerships. Glad I already had my pre-order in long ago. No need to feel bad about using the original price as GOG are giving you the money back in store credit. Doesn't hurt them at all, just means you get some extra games because of the stupidity of matching retail prices. GOG still get $45 USD from TW2 and the credit will be shared with whoever you buy games from.

Dead Man

Danoss said:

ilnOsy.jpg

Ugh. Bastards. Nice move by GOG though, they keep finding ways to make me love them.

Clipper

Man, I just realised I missed last night's Doctor Who...

Very glad to see that ABC iView still works on the PS3 despite the whole PSN thing, though. Now to watch...

markot said:
You still get the censored version on GOG though, so is that credit worth SEXXXXXXXXXX?!
You still get sex. You just don't get told it is for finishing a quest. You get to have sex afterwards on your own accord.

Jintor

Does that stealthily imply that wogs and schoolkids were a group of people that comedians are able to make fun of?

Grow some thick skin, suburbanites

legend166

I only made it a few minutes into The Bolt Report until I rage quit. I weathered his smugness until he described the Malayasia refugee deal as "For every one of ours, they'll give us 5 of theirs". Refuges are objects now! You heard it here first on The Bolt Report. Then he had a graph contrasting the success of refugee policies under Howard and those under Rudd. The Howard one went right down to the bottom and then once the policies under Rudd started, the line skyrocketed and went completely off the screen. lol

Salazar

roosters93 said:
I only made it a few minutes into The Bolt Report until I rage quit.

lol. Watching now on Youtube.

Hilarious that Latham thinks Gillard has "squandered" the respect commonly attached to the office of PM. You pompous flame-out knobhead.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
to ausgaf that saw me ranting before in steam

so i'm going over now smh. ugh. I wrote a letter explaining how i feel to :( if i have a shit time im leaving it there then going home.

HolyCheck said:

so i'm going over now smh. ugh. I wrote a letter explaining how i feel to :( if i have a shit time im leaving it there then going home.

I probably would do the same thing. Good luck man.

HolyCheck said:

Hey if it really is the last time you see her then it won't matter anyway. One shit night can be forgotten in a new, awesome stomping ground. Make sure you get shit off your chest and say your piece. Feels a lot better to get that stuff out in the open. And if everything goes poorly take a dump in her letterbox before you go.

Aon said:
Do not do this.

Yeah she might not notice that till tomorrow when she checks her mail, which will be in the afternoon. Instead you should take a dump on her bed or on her doorstep, that way she will notice it sooner. Trust me, I'm a professional.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
reptilescorpio said:
Hey if it really is the last time you see her then it won't matter anyway. One shit night can be forgotten in a new, awesome stomping ground. Make sure you get shit off your chest and say your piece. Feels a lot better to get that stuff out in the open. And if everything goes poorly take a dump in her letterbox before you go.

Yeh it went shit. I was there for like 1 hour. she was high so not saying shit just sitting there all weird. so i just drank a lot on my own in silence then said bye and walked out leaving the letter in her room. theres other shit but shouldnt post it due to legaligy lol.

Omikron

I didn't manage to catch The Bolt Report Sunday morning, but watched that evening on Chan 10 website.... oh...my.

I love how Kroger/Bolt/Latham basically saying, fuck those people, we don't want the refugees here spoiling our lives! They are on welfare! Why are we giving them money!

What is wrong with treating human beings like human beings these days?

Oh and Bolt's constant 'gotcha' question about how much will the Carbon Tax reduce the worlds temperatures is a load of shit. I am sick of hearing him use it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
She has a partner, Not 100% sure if she is married but she is certainly taken. Has a soft sweet voice too, what a shame.

But anyway, My train is always late to work so it looks like i might grab the one before it. New girl train, I never talk to, adventures await or something.

I also got off my ass last night and installed the iPod manager with foobar2000. Thank fuck I won't have to use iTunes to sync my music again. I was able to add a single album to it without any issues, woo hoo.

Happy Monday morning AUSGaf.

I was feeling a chilled gaming day Sunday. So i ended up sitting down with my very casual house mate and playing some GoW2 and other random stuff.
We both wanted something new though, so i took a gander around the marketplace.

I have not touched my 360 for a while and i was surprised at the quality and quantity of the games on there now, both in the arcade and games on demand sections.

> When did this happen? i've obviously been out of the loop for a while.
> Also can anyone suggest some good games for chilling out. (currently enjoying Geometry wars 2/castle crashers)

Also somehow got roped into buying Nerf Guns from toyworld.......then proceeded to have a shootout in the house. good times.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
She has a partner, Not 100% sure if she is married but she is certainly taken. Has a soft sweet voice too, what a shame.
Won't know 100% unless you ask her! If she was talking to someone on the phone and that's what gave you the impression, it might've been a family member. And seriously, this:
creepy.png

Don't give up hope, but please... do something. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.

Edit: It also seems that I can pull off watching the F1 on a Sunday and managing to get to work. Fucking tired now, but it was all worth it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
Edit: It also seems that I can pull off watching the F1 on a Sunday and managing to get to work. Fucking tired now, but it was all worth it.

I went to bed at like 10:30 which is normal, So i missed most of the F1. Although i've found the F1 puts me to sleep, I'm not too sure what causes it :D

Good to see webber get second but vettel is going to be unstoppable this season, World champion again for sure.

legend166

I saw up to lap 40 and then fell asleep. The result was pretty predictable. Good race though. A ton of overtaking, Schumacher getting owned by everyone.

Omikron

Shaneus said:

Soft as they come. I managed to watch both West Ham (and Robbie Keane...) shame themselves on Saturday night and then the F1 on Sunday night. At work by 8.30am.

I suggest a baby, it is wonderfully motivating to not sleep. ;)

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
I saw up to lap 40 and then fell asleep. The result was pretty predictable. Good race though. A ton of overtaking, Schumacher getting owned by everyone.

Mercedes KERS and DRS seemed to fail

seems liek if you dont have those two things you are screwed this year.

You missed webber overtaking Alonso and almost creaming each other Legend! :)

vanty

F1 rated 320k last night, peaked at over 500k. ONE was the top digital-only channel as well, F1 was top digital-only show. Another 120k watched on Ten's 30 minute delay.

Aon

Just turned in my final copy for this RRR thing. Starting to practice in studio now, going live in like an hour. Got a decent interview with some bugger up at ANU for the Egypt story, although the grab I wanted was a tad long so its come out kinda weird.

Still, tune into 102.7 FM at midday if you want to hear me accidentally say OBAMA BIN LADEON on air. Love the newsroom dynamic, so unbearably hectic.

Bernbaum

Possibly the most unexpected question on a form I've had to fill out:

C) Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 and 1945 were you involved, in any way, in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany or its allies? *

Top Bottom