• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Jintor said:
Preview code, so who knows?
Bah of course, the game is still months away. Not sure why I thought it would be the final copy. Hope it is shaping up well with the extra time in the oven.

legend166 said:
Why have Rockstar become such bitches that refuse to release PC ports?
Red Dead would have benefited from it massively.
I think it was most likely the troubled development cycles. Maybe the endeavour is a bit more complicated than expected with the RAGE engine and the improvements they had been making with RDR development. Also it seems like they have all their studios firing on all cylinders to get projects out the door so they don't have the leftover manpower needed to make it a worthwhile port.

ClivePwned said:
what is it with Thursdays and unwanted callers? Today is the turn of the Jehovah's Fucking witnesses. But then, any moron who can't take "not interested" for an answer can go and get fucked.
This is how I feel about electricity salespeople. "I don't care. Stop talking and just go."

Aon said:
Yeah, between this, Heavy Rain and telltale's Jurassic park game it's pretty easy to see a future where the adventure genre no longer resembles anything Lucasarts ever made.
I enjoyed Heavy Rain but I would hate for us to never get another classic point and click adventure. There are a few decent indie efforts around $10-20 but none have been of the same quality as the Lucasarts golden years. My dream is for Bill Tiller to move into the Double Fine offices and get cracking on some CMI style games. His art is still fantastic but the team at Autumn Moon have been disappointing so far.

evlcookie said:
Any reason you moved to canada and not the united states of america? Are you unpatriotic and hate freedom?!
I've been here in the gold ole US of A ever since our courageous son Obama smote that Osama fella from Gods green earth. Big ups Barack.

Bernbaum said:
First-time users of the Zinio app on iPad are entitled to a trial 2-3 week subscription to a shortlist of magazines. For reasons that escape me now, I chose Cosmopolitan.
Bathroom time?

Jintor said:
It just occured to me that the DXHR preview code is on the computer I'm currently subediting on. Be right back...
Have I ever told you how much I love you?

VOOK said:
Girlfriend is meeting the parents tonight, this will be humorous.
Always gone surprisingly well for me in the past. Just don't get shitfaced. Actually that could go either way.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
reptilescorpio said:
Always gone surprisingly well for me in the past. Just don't get shitfaced. Actually that could go either way.

I don't drink, so there's that.

Jintor

Okay, so DX:HR gets through about 5 minutes and crashes on this machine. Damn.

I don't know how much I can say, but I am fucking pumped for a working version of this game.

Megadrive said:
Fuck rain.
rain-ninja-assassin2.jpg

Jintor said:
I don't know how much I can say, but I am fucking pumped for a working version of this game.
Only 3 more months to go! :(

Gazunta

If someone can call Microsoft and get them to enable voice commands on my Australian Kinect before I get home tonight that would be awesome, ta.

Fucks sake, Microsoft :(

MrSerrels

Gazunta said:
If someone can call Microsoft and get them to enable voice commands on my Australian Kinect before I get home tonight that would be awesome, ta.

Fucks sake, Microsoft :(

You have no idea how many emails I've sent over there.

They're point blank refusing to talk about it.

MrSerrels said:
You have no idea how many emails I've sent over there.
They're point blank refusing to talk about it.
They have their top men working on cracking the Aussie accent. J Allard has watched Crocodile Dundee in LA three times.

I stepped into this thread and it is like trying to study law in Zanzibar. I only ever played a bit of SP Starcraft but this glorious language makes me want to take a 101 in Starcraft.

Enjoyed this take on Hydrophobia by RPS,
This is an Impressions, rather than a Wot I Think, because I’m my own editor, and there’s no one in enough authority to force me to carry on past the first four or so hours.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
They have their top men working on cracking the Aussie accent. J Allard has watched Crocodile Dundee in LA three times.
As if they're not training Kinect the Australian dialect with that video of Leonard Nimoy as an... Australian(?).

And I've come home to an Aus Post drop thingy. Is it my fixed Kinect? Is it my Catch order with pop tarts and creme eggs? Is it MK? The anticipation is killing me!

VOOK

markot said:
Do you make her dress like Peach >_<?!

She probably would if I wanted her to. *shrug*

Jintor said:
Damnit vooks your afro-reggie avatar keeps throwing off my perception of what you actually look like

Yeah not black, but the afro is getting there.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
VOOK said:
She probably would if I wanted her to. *shrug*

Yeah not black, but the afro is getting there.

she pulls off an alright storm trooper costume tho.

edit: we actually have a friend in common so stalking you just became fun.

VOOK

She doesn't have a picture anyway guys. I don't care what you find out about me.

Kritz

Banned
Yey, my bad Portal 2 map is... well, as done as I'll make it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=64WXPPMB

You simply need to get to the room with the drawing on the ground. There's a few ways to do it, although one doesn't work as I expected it to (needed to make the roof higher I think) and the other is kind of cheesy, but works.

Have fun anyone brave enough to test it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I broke the floor in the map, and that the orange gel doesn't paint itself on anything (but still totally works)

Jintor

The Witcher 2 has lead me to creating a GOG account :T

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I guess I'll just shortcut everything onto Steam anyway

/edit Holy fuck I get Lure of the Temptress, Tyrian 2000, and Beneath A Steel Sky just for joining? I know they're all freeware but fuck it, GOG is awesome

Jintor

Fuck yes. Planescape Torment and Last Express picked up with part of the $26 store credit with the Witcher 2 purchase. Fuckin' win.

Gazunta

Someone at work got those games on his newly created GOG account and asked me "what the fuck is this shit?"

Nearly slapped the bastard >_<

Gazunta said:
Someone at work got those games on his newly created GOG account and asked me "what the fuck is this shit?"

Nearly slapped the bastard >_<
Should have taken control of his credit card and shown him how to spend his free time.

Jintor

Fuckin NMH just crapped out on me halfway through a chapter.

/edit whoever decided that blocking can only be done while locked on can suck a dick. Pistol-wielding enemies who should be nothing more than annoyances can slaughter you with impunity because it's near-impossible to chase them without accidentally locking onto the crowd of katana-wielding mooks following you instead. And trying to bash the katana mooks just lets the goddamn pistol idiots chip you to death mid-combo.

Kritz

Banned
Kritz said:
Yey, my bad Portal 2 map is... well, as done as I'll make it.

Also:

I fixed it so now the gel works, the floor isn't an infinite void, the map has (really dark) lighting, and once you reach the end room (a 2x2 box barely big enough to fit yourself) the map will fade out and quit.

:D

Jintor

I don't fucking believe this shit.

Say you head towards three guys with pistols. They run in three seperate directions. Running after one of them, you relax your guard for a second and get hit, pinning you on your back. As soon as you get up, for some reason the game decides you don't want to be blocked/locked on the right target anymore, meaning you get hit again. This happens an infinite number of times until you've been chipped to death by morons with handguns. Not to mention that their bullet trajectories aren't being calculated so you can't hide behind pillars or some shit. Even if they're on the other side of the map, their aim is fucking dead on, so all you can do is block with the sword, only you can't block while mid-combo so they ALWAYS INTERRUPT YOUR COMBOS. It doesn't help every fucking swordwanker is actually really tough right now. Jesus god NMH.

Deeku

Rahk said:
Plastic surgery is huge in South Korea. Chances are if they are on TV they've had some form of surgery done.
Yeah. I half jokingly asked a korean friend whether she had a nose job and she said she did. While her answer didn't surprise me (it was really obvious), her honesty blew me away since most people would never admit it.

Also, my parents live next to a korean plastic surgeon who has a large garage of supercars so yeah...korean plastic surgery is serious business!

Salazar

Kirby102 said:
My korean friend said that SNSD has gone through major plastic surgery, so yeah... He also showed be what they looked like before... And it wasn't pretty I must say.. D:

Eh, there are a few collages of 'ugly' SNSD pics. A bunch of the photos are just bad photos. Some of them are from when the girls were basically in primary school. Of course they look different and of course puberty did some weird stuff.

Yes, I am a complete SNSD die-hard, but what I am saying is legit.

It's also the case that they have some of the most goddamn talented make-up artists and professional trainers exclusively dedicated to making them look good. In that situation, by no means do you need major surgery to look ridiculously hotter than you did before.

And at least, if they have had work, it hasn't resulted in a Hollywood face-freeze.

Poona

codswallop said:
According to a Canadian colleague, it's because you aren't allowed to sell cheese curd in Australia.

I think the reason Lord of the Fries doesn't use curds with their 'French Canadian' sauce is because they were unable to get curds without animal sourced rennet, and being that Lord of the Fries uses ingredients suitable for vegetarians, they wouldn't do it.

At least I read something like that once on the Facebook page for LOTF when someone asked.

hamchan

Anyone here used to play Glider PRO as a kid, or is it just me?

Anyways here's a flash based version of it: http://www.ridiculopathy.com/games.php?gamename=glider

Jintor

So I realised two facts:

A) Human Revolution preview code was on the office press account.

B) You could go offline with the press account.

So... yeah.

...heh.

Heh-eh.

MuahahahahahAHHAHAHHhAHAhahAhAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!

Deeku

Salazar said:
Eh, there are a few collages of 'ugly' SNSD pics. A bunch of the photos are just bad photos. Some of them are from when the girls were basically in primary school. Of course they look different and of course puberty did some weird stuff.
Yeah, people tend to forget that girls in particular can look pretty different between say 16 to 21+. Though I doubt noses will suddenly become narrower with age.

Rahk

Some dickhead threatening to commit suicide on the habour bridge so police aren't letting trains or cars through.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rahk said:
Some dickhead threatening to commit suicide on the habour bridge so police aren't letting trains or cars through.

Poor bloke

But why haven't you played brink yet? Where's the impressions!

Top Bottom