• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss

In-ear phones won't come out while running. The downsides are you will be able to enjoy hearing the cord rubbing against your body and your feet thudding against the ground along with the music.

Aon

I think chords rubbing against zips was one part of what drove me to wireless headphones. How much I don't miss that :D

My next class will consist of me writing a Trollbait blog post about some media thing for 10% of the subject's grade. Does anyone, (in particular Choc) have any media things that have just enraged them in the past couple of days?

Rahk

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So the insulation on my iPhone headphones has worn away completely and as a result, they have started to electrocute my ears. It hurts and I'm worried that my head will catch fire.

Can anyone recommend a replacement seat of earphones (NOT headphones) that also has:

- Volume control
- Microphone
- Good sound
- Good mechanical construction (they need to be able to take a beating)
Take a look here:

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/iphone-compatible-headsets.html

The Klipsch S4i and the Audeos are probably the best sounding ones for the price. Not sure about build quality, but there's warranty for that.

Not sure if you can get them locally, but I've had good experience with earphone solutions and they'd be cheaper there anyway.

Agyar

Aon said:
I think chords rubbing against zips was one part of what drove me to wireless headphones. How much I don't miss that :D

My next class will consist of me writing a Trollbait blog post about some media thing for 10% of the subject's grade. Does anyone, (in particular Choc) have any media things that have just enraged them in the past couple of days?

The existence of media outrages Choc on a daily basis.

Personally I am outraged by News Limited's complete lack of subtlety in their political biases, particularly when it comes to their editorially-proclaimed wish for the Greens to be "destroyed".

Aon said:

This is what I want to do for my next pair. Is there much loss in the audio quality? Will the bass suck like shit? I'm very accustomed to my awesome bass.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
Protesting apparently according to Sunrise. Hope you enjoy your Friday! Friday! Which seat will you take?
Ah ok. Train announcer said they were threatening self harm.

Danoss

Megadrive said:
This is what I want to do for my next pair. Is there much loss in the audio quality? Will the bass suck like shit? I'm very accustomed to my awesome bass.
I think any wireless head/earphone is a waste of time. That's not to say they don't have their conveniences, but if I was looking for quality, I wouldn't go near them.

Fredescu

Aon said:
Do you mean enraged because the content was good, or because it was bad? Matt Taibbi wrote an excellent article about the case against Goldman Sachs the other day: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-people-vs-goldman-sachs-20110511?print=true

The subject matter is pretty rage enducing.

Aon

What a horrible dilemma! Potentially scandalous assignment content balanced against the fact I'll be in a room with randoms until after I have to have finished!

Bernbaum

Went window shopping for the phones Agyar recommended to VKS. Couldn't see them but picked up these bad boys instead. $70 marked down from $90.

2rr3uzd.jpg

Ideally, I'd like iPod controls on the think, but I think I'll manage. I picked up an iPod nano just for the gym that's only 8 GB and will make a few gym-only mixes considering I won't get my complete library on there. I have a limited range of music I listen to when working out, and if I desperately need to listen to Yann Tiersen's soundtrack to Goodbye Lenin whilst hitting the weights, I can always grab my iPhone, which was what I was using at the gym for a while anyway.

Never had a pair of phones like that. Hopefully the sound quality is good.

Oh, and here's the top 5 albums I've been listening to recently:

Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Sarah Blasko - As Day Follows Night
Tron Legacy: Reconfigured
yOya - Nothing to Die
Four Tet - There is Love in You

evlcookie, it is impossible to listen to 'The Last Baron' and not feel like the goddamn Batman. Put that track on whenever you need to muster up End-game Boss levels of courage. Say for example, when you're about to board public transport. WINK WINK.

MrSerrels

Vooks, you clever bastard.

I get this email this morning.

'Hope you have a Warm and Fuzzy Birthday, hope you won't be dead tired after work for it. '

;)

Then later this afternoon these movies arrive at the office.

photo.jpg

Amazing. Thanks so much you handsome bastard!

(And sorry it took me so long to work out it was from you!)

Edit: Kirby102 also sent me this...

photo3.jpg

You guys...!

senahorse

BanShunsaku said:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ome-hard-choices/story-fn8gf1nz-1226053616581

This enraged me somewhat. A family earning more than $200K complaining about how expensive childcare is and how they might have to hire a nanny.

I am seen so much of this over the last few days. I think it's one of the few good things that happened with this budget. 'Middle class welfare' is a joke and should be abolished. For one it's their choice to have 2 kids and consider a third, and, seriously, if you can't make ends meet on $200K/year it's time to have a good look at yourself in the mirror.

legend166

Looks great, Salazar.

I have become addicted to the song 'Caravan' by Van Morrison. Specifically, the version he sings on The Last Waltz with The Band. I keep listening to it on repeat.

Bernbaum

MrSerrels said:
Vooks, you clever bastard.

I get this email this morning.

Then later this afternoon these movies arrive at the office.

http://media.kotaku.com.au/wp//2011/05/photo.jpg[IMG]

Amazing. Thanks so much you handsome bastard!

(And sorry it took me so long to work out it was from you!)

Edit: Kirby102 also sent me this...

[IMG]http://media.kotaku.com.au/wp//2011/05/photo3.jpg[IMG]

You guys...![/QUOTE]
I made you that avatar because, um, I totally knew your birthday was coming up.

Happy Birthday Serrels.

Cohsae

legend166 said:
Looks great, Salazar.

I have become addicted to the song 'Caravan' by Van Morrison. Specifically, the version he sings on The Last Waltz with The Band. I keep listening to it on repeat.
DO IT ONE MORE TIME!

Just a tip in case anyone is thinking of picking up Brink for PC. Currently on Steam the price for the game+the strategy guide bundle is $59 which is significantly less than the price of the game by itself (89). Still more than importing it from the UK but better than before on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8080/

Fixed. Now costs 105.

Choc

Banned
correct me if i am wrong but the AFL match Geelong vs Collingwood is not live in Sydney tonight not even on Foxtel

so people in Sydney, where the AFL want to expand can't watch the biggest match of the season so far live?

they need to get their priorities right. I can understand FTA to an extent (although they should put it on FTA) but not having it on foxtel, wtf?

Choabac

BanShunsaku said:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ome-hard-choices/story-fn8gf1nz-1226053616581

This enraged me somewhat. A family earning more than $200K complaining about how expensive childcare is and how they might have to hire a nanny.

So according to them, they pay $3000 per month in tax and $2000 per month in childcare. That adds up to $60k per year, leaving them with $140k in their pocket. If Government changed the $7500 childcare rebate, that would still leave them 132.5K per year.

Why are they crying poor?

Stackboy said:
Happy 30th Serrels. Let me know what 30's like, I'm there in 6 months.
It's just like 29. Except you are OK with going to bed early on weekends and bits of your body start breaking and don't heal.

Choabac said:
Yeah, when I looked at the numbers, they'll have nearly $12k a month after tax and childcare. Even with a mortgage of $6000 a month they'll have $1500 a week for food and bills. I think that'll cover it.

Choc

Banned
Choabac said:
So according to them, they pay $3000 per month in tax and $2000 per month in childcare. That adds up to $60k per year, leaving them with $140k in their pocket. If Government changed the $7500 childcare rebate, that would still leave them 132.5K per year.

This is what John Howard created with his middle class welfare

the expectations of people in this country is insane.

Clipper

Man, it's been a bad day today.

I've started to come down with a cold, I forgot to bring my laptop with me, Thunderbird on my work PC went and forgot my e-mail account for no apparent reason and I had to set it up again, I needed to sneeze while chewing lunch and didn't have a napkin nor tissue (I was a little lucky here that I managed to swallow most of it just in time)...

I guess I did get a good mix of dogs and was able to clear out a few rooms of my second run through Find Mii on the 3DS, though, so that's one good thing.

Man, I wish I was superstitious so I could just blame this on it being Friday the 13th...

legend166

Choabac said:

Can almost guarantee their kids go to a private school.

Private schooling seems to almost be viewed as a right these days by people.

No way I'm sending my kids to a private school.

legend166 said:
Do you hate your kids? I suppose you send them to their room when they're naughty rather than having a conference where everyone airs their grievances.

legend166

Choc said:
correct me if i am wrong but the AFL match Geelong vs Collingwood is not live in Sydney tonight not even on Foxtel

so people in Sydney, where the AFL want to expand can't watch the biggest match of the season so far live?

they need to get their priorities right. I can understand FTA to an extent (although they should put it on FTA) but not having it on foxtel, wtf?

Unless something has changed, it will be on Channel 518 (aka Main Event) in Sydney like every other Friday night game over the last 4 years.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Unless something has changed, it will be on Channel 518 (aka Main Event) in Sydney like every other Friday night game over the last 4 years.

main event is not showing it in its guide legend

Salazar

legend166 said:
Can almost guarantee their kids go to a private school.

Private schooling seems to almost be viewed as a right these days by people.

I have a robust contempt for my high school. It is so concertedly a money-making enterprise, and the money (stupendous amounts of it) goes into more and more fucking unnecessary buildings: gyms, theatres, computer labs. I can tell that they are irritated that the school isn't situated by a river, because they'd love nothing more than to funnel millions into rowing.

If I have kids, they'll go public. That said, I will find the best goddamn public school there is.

Bernbaum

The only good thing about private school is that it creates an option for families to choose to pay for their children's education, hence lightening the burden on funding for public schooling. Because of private schools, there's more funding for public schools.

12 years of Jesus is a lot of Jesus.

Agyar

x3n05 said:
I am seen so much of this over the last few days. I think it's one of the few good things that happened with this budget. 'Middle class welfare' is a joke and should be abolished. For one it's their choice to have 2 kids and consider a third, and, seriously, if you can't make ends meet on $200K/year it's time to have a good look at yourself in the mirror.

"Middle class welfare" is alive and well until they bin the baby bonus, get rid of negative gearing and increase capital gains tax to match income tax.

Not surprising to see The Australian reassuring households earning 150k+ that they aren't rich and are justified in expecting the government to subsidise their lifestyle. After all, Howard told them they were battlers.

In further expected news, Abbott yet again demands the government call an election because the Liberals weren't voted in last time and not governing for two more years is boring.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
My brother got told in a lecture yesterday at Uni that 'The pain of rape brings you closer to god. It's a good thing'.

Agyar

VOOK said:
My brother got told in a lecture yesterday at Uni that 'The pain of rape brings you closer to god. It's a good thing'.

Surely that shit doesn't fly in any educational forum. Who was reasonable for that gem?

Kritz

Banned
markot said:
Well, God didnt ask Mary did he >.>

It's not rape if she didn't say no.

(This is probably the worst thing I've ever said on these forums, and is totally a joke, but not a joke that trivialises rape, which is a serious thing. It trivialises god, which is a pretend thing who pretend raped a person. This is different to like, ... re...

god damn it, markot, and...

god damn it)

Gazunta

Deadline beaten like a red-headed stepchild. Early beer o'clock, right?

I live in the capital of Bogan Australia. Damn straight I'll be sending my kids to private school. It's the only hope they have of not turning into a ute driving, Triple M listening asshole with a mullet and five kids by the time they're 20.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
evlcookie, it is impossible to listen to 'The Last Baron' and not feel like the goddamn Batman. Put that track on whenever you need to muster up End-game Boss levels of courage. Say for example, when you're about to board public transport. WINK WINK.

It's an outstanding album, One of those rare albums where you just have to listen from start to finish.

@ Salazar - What's your budget? I'm thinking it looks fine here. Fred knows his shit so anything he recommends would be good.

Salazar

evlcookie said:
@ Salazar - What's your budget? I'm thinking it looks fine here. Fred knows his shit so anything he recommends would be good.

I've just bought the monitor I linked to ($260 or something). I have about 1,400 to spend on the rest - Fred's build accounts for 1,250 of that. $150 is left for things like a wireless adaptor, I suppose.

Kritz

Banned
Gazunta said:
Deadline beaten like a red-headed stepchild. Early beer o'clock, right?

I live in the capital of Bogan Australia. Damn straight I'll be sending my kids to private school. It's the only hope they have of not turning into a ute driving, Triple M listening asshole with a mullet and five kids by the time they're 20.

I went to a private school and I turned out fine. Socially oblivious, pretentious, self absorbed, relatively talentless (but enough so to acknowledge it... in a self-absorbed kinda way) and just that little bit racist. But, still, fine. I don't drive, don't like music, have a sweet fat white-man afro, and have no long term child bearing goals!

Bernbaum

I'm pretty sure that by 'kids' Gaz means his cats. I fully expect him to demand the school make custom formal uniforms and blazers.

A sitcom starring his cats in private school and all the crazy antics™ that would ensue would make for television gold.

Top Bottom