• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rahk said:
Some dickhead threatening to commit suicide on the habour bridge so police aren't letting trains or cars through.
Protesting apparently according to Sunrise. Hope you enjoy your Friday! Friday! Which seat will you take?

Gazunta said:
Someone at work got those games on his newly created GOG account and asked me "what the fuck is this shit?"

Nearly slapped the bastard >_<

tell them there were games without birds in them, once. also- spin their heads by loading up the original Team Fortress.

SO- I would like to play LA Noire, but I will need to import from somewhere reasonably fast as well as cheaper than local. any ideas? obviously Zavvi is not fast enough

also do we know 360 region free status yet?

Clipper

ClivePwned said:
tell them there were games without birds in them, once. also- spin their heads by loading up the original Team Fortress.

SO- I would like to play LA Noire, but I will need to import from somewhere reasonably fast as well as cheaper than local. any ideas? obviously Zavvi is not fast enough

also do we know 360 region free status yet?
I can't speak on the 360 status, but Amazon US is a choice for cheapish fast shipping. You get a $15 voucher for your net purchase (of anything, not just video games) and the courier shipping (2-5 days) cost US$25, so it is essentially shipping of $10. Other stuff you buy in the same order is only US$3 per additional item, so you might even get it at an effective price of less than retail (which is what I'm doing).

Another choice is Play-Asia. The game will be US$65 instead of US$60, but their shipping is fairly cheap. It ramps up a bit quickly for the faster options, though.

Oh, and I should add that you get the Broderick Detective Suit if you go with Amazon, too (for pre-order). I guess that doesn't count if you only have a 360 though, due to the whole region thing.

Kritz

Banned
Did Brink go back down in price or something? It's $60 usd. I thought it was at like $80 or $90.

It's still $10 cheaper on the US store, but I coulda sworn it was more before it launched.

Shaneus

Kritz said:
Did Brink go back down in price or something? It's $60 usd. I thought it was at like $80 or $90.

It's still $10 cheaper on the US store, but I coulda sworn it was more before it launched.
Last night it was definitely $90. I remember idling about it in AusGAF Steam chat.

BanShunsaku said:
Congratulations! May your first child be a masculine child.
Shut up, we haven't even started the meeting yet.

Saw A Day To Remember last night in Melbourne. So fucking good. I can't hear out my left ear so good though. Ah well!

Kritz

Banned
Shaneus said:
Last night it was definitely $90. I remember idling about it in AusGAF Steam chat.

Fucking sucks to the idiots who bought it at $90 only to have the game become $30 cheaper the day they could actually play the thing. I mean, what? People who preordered the game paid $30 more for the privilege? Fuck is this.

Kritz said:
Fucking sucks to the idiots who bought it at $90 only to have the game become $30 cheaper the day they could actually play the thing. I mean, what? People who preordered the game paid $30 more for the privilege? Fuck is this.

Yea its definately 60 on steam now....wtf this is a joke.
Anyone who bought at 90 should be refunded their 30 from steam otherwise this isnt going to look good for them.

Omikron

Kritz said:

I am seriously trying to work out the logic.

Stackboy said:
Jintor, who do you work for?
Who does number 2 work for?
austin-powers.jpg

Jintor

It works as a Friday thing. I might be insane from sleep deprivation by 7 tonight.

Human Revolution is [MESSAGE REDACTED]

Fredescu

Kritz said:
It looks like the regular version is still $90, but they added a new package with the PRIMA guide and forgot to price jack it, so it's still $60. You can buy the guide separately for $35. Bargain if you ask me.

Shaneus

jambo said:
Stupid is as stupid does.
Rich, actually. More money than sense, I guess!

Oh, my brother received (I get my stuff shipped to his work, it's easier) my Catch order and my webcam. So it's either my copy of MK or Kinect are waiting at the post office! Yay! Wish I knew which one it was, though :/

Agyar

I keep thinking about ordering MK but then I remember I played MvC3 for about three minutes and I really should play that more before buying another fightan game.

Fredescu

Stackboy said:
I don't understand buying gameguides when we have the internet to help us through tough times.
Buying a digital game guide from the internet is even worse. At least a book looks nice on a shelf.

Shaneus

Agyar said:
I keep thinking about ordering MK but then I remember I played MvC3 for about three minutes and I really should play that more before buying another fightan game.
Completely different games. I get the impression that MK has far more depth than MvC.

Agyar

Jintor said:
I love MvC3 dearly, but I really wish it had a goddamn singleplayer mode like MK apparently does

Fighting game single player is spending hours in the training room so that when friends come over you can demolish them like it's no big thing.

So the insulation on my iPhone headphones has worn away completely and as a result, they have started to electrocute my ears. It hurts and I'm worried that my head will catch fire.

Can anyone recommend a replacement seat of earphones (NOT headphones) that also has:

- Volume control
- Microphone
- Good sound
- Good mechanical construction (they need to be able to take a beating)

Agyar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So the insulation on my iPhone headphones has worn away completely and as a result, they have started to electrocute my ears. It hurts and I'm worried that my head will catch fire.

Can anyone recommend a replacement seat of earphones (NOT headphones) that also has:

- Volume control
- Microphone
- Good sound

www.headphones.com.au

If you want in-ear/canalphones, grab a set of the new Ultimate Ears (Logitech branded). You can get the 200vi set (with volume/call control) for about $60 (from Dick Smith) and they're quite good for the price. I have an older set of Ultimate Ears 200v (as available on headphones.com.au) and I believe they're pretty similar.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.

- Volume control
- Microphone
- Good sound

Sennheiser MM 50 iPhone is what I got. Sounds great, good headset... but doesn't have volume. :(

Gazunta

I truly suck at MvC 3 online, but it's always been a 'hit buttons like a 2 year old banging a table and watch pretty things happen on the screen LOL" game.

How the hell do I do air combos?

Aon

The standard air combo, which is the team air combo is S(Launcher) while hitting up, which will auto jump you into the air along side the dude you launched then Light-Medium-Heavy-Launcher again. You hit either left or right as you hit the launcher, which will call the next team member where you can then light medium heavy again.

Really, at scrub tier the go to combo for any character is light medium heavy launcher. Just rotate your finger around the face buttons :D

Bernbaum

- Volume control
- Microphone
- Good sound
Apple's overpriced earphones are fine out of the box, but their life is limited and it's a gradual decline in quality as the thing slowly breaks apart over, say, the six months they survive before being unusable.

The pair that finally got binned this week would auto-skip songs, pause at random moments, and force the volume down to zero. Pure torture when going for a run. I'd get into a track, and then BAM, song skips. One of the few pros about Apple headphones is that the bastards stay in when you're exercising.

I have some Sennheiser MX760's I scored off Catch of the Day. Sound quality is fine, but the fuckers just don't stay in and are pointless for taking to the gym. I saw some adidas-branded ones designed for jogging, but the fucking things cost $100 - the extra coinage no doubt going into the strap and not the electronics.

At home I wear a big fuckoff pair of Senheiser cans when cleaning the house and listening to the Bombcast.

If someone can guide me to a good set of buds that will stay in my ear whilst running, that'd be superb.

Jintor

Aon said:
The standard air combo, which is the team air combo is S(Launcher) while hitting up, which will auto jump you into the air along side the dude you launched then Light-Medium-Heavy-Launcher again. You hit either left or right as you hit the launcher, which will call the next team member where you can then light medium heavy again.

Really, at scrub tier the go to combo for any character is light medium heavy launcher. Just rotate your finger around the face buttons :D

Good ol' dial-a-combo

Bernbaum said:
Apple's overpriced earphones are fine out of the box, but their life is limited and it's a gradual decline in quality as the thing slowly breaks apart over, say, the six months they survive before being unusable.

The pair that finally got binned this week would auto-skip songs, pause at random moments, and force the volume down to zero. Pure torture when going for a run. I'd get into a track, and then BAM, song skips. One of the few pros about Apple headphones is that the bastards stay in when you're exercising.

I have some Sennheiser MX760's I scored off Catch of the Day. Sound quality is fine, but the fuckers just don't stay in and are pointless for taking to the gym. I saw some adidas-branded ones designed for jogging, but the fucking things cost $100 - the extra coinage no doubt going into the strap and not the electronics.

At home I wear a big fuckoff pair of Senheiser cans when cleaning the house and listening to the Bombcast.

If someone can guide me to a good set of buds that will stay in my ear whilst running, that'd be superb.
Oh God, are they ever overpriced. $48 for a replacement for your the out-of-the-box set. Ugh.

Earphones that stay in while exercising would be relevant to my interests also, but I have these deep, strong-grip ears, apparently, so I've never had this problem.

Top Bottom