• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss

Salazar said:
I've just bought the monitor I linked to ($260 or something). I have about 1,400 to spend on the rest - Fred's build accounts for 1,250 of that. $150 is left for things like a wireless adaptor, I suppose.
*GASP*

You paid $260 for that BenQ monitor? If I'm reading that right, either refund it, because it can be found cheaper and buy it at the cheaper price or; refund it and buy the Dell U2311H that Fred and I recommended from Dell with the discount code Fred provided or from Harris Technology for even cheaper again (like $232). You will be better off.

Shaneus

Shit, how many of us have/will hit 30 within the space of a year? Mine was August last year.

PS. SO looking forward to coming home to my creme eggs and strawberry non-frosted pop tarts. Pretty sure I'm making (another) trip to Geelong Confectionery tomorrow for their AWESOME milk bottles, too. Just a little bit goopy on the inside and the consistency of a banana lolly on the outside.

Also have Gary Numan/Severed Heads gig tomorrow night. Only thing that could make this weekend better is MK.

senahorse

Agyar said:
"Middle class welfare" is alive and well until they bin the baby bonus, get rid of negative gearing and increase capital gains tax to match income tax.

Not surprising to see The Australian reassuring households earning 150k+ that they aren't rich and are justified in expecting the government to subsidise their lifestyle. After all, Howard told them they were battlers.

In further expected news, Abbott yet again demands the government call an election because the Liberals weren't voted in last time and not governing for two more years is boring.

It would be nice to see a government get rid of negative gearing but I am not holding my breath. At the very least they should change the rules to something like "From this date only new houses (not established ones) can take advantage of negative gearing", though this won't happen, it means too many votes.

Regarding Abbott, he doesn't do himself any favours, especially when tasked with providing an alternative budget he actually spends more time bashing the opposition and calling for an early election. What really made me laugh is when part of the reasoning for the early election was to make an 'Honest Politician' out of Gillard, which in my opinion is an oxymoron.

markot said:
You dont need private schools anymore, Chaplains have officially made all schools religious in nature!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/13/3216156.htm

Thank god we dont have any of that crap in the ACT >_<

Because who is more qualified to talk to kids, then priests!

I'm personally looking forward to being involved in the rollout of ethics classes for those students who don't go to scripture. The current model of not going to scripture involves the children colouring in for 40min... Hopefully O'Farrell doesn't do another backflip.

jambo

Speaking of amazing chocolate, bought some Haighs on the way back to the office.

Also there is a new challenge in my life, Wendy's girl!

Shaneus said:
Shit, how many of us have/will hit 30 within the space of a year? Mine was August last year.

I'll be 29 in June, which is scary enough. :|

What is this trendy new chocolate that all the hip kids are eating? I'll be heading past the shops on the way home so I might have to pick some up.

My latest discovery in the chocolate world is that Cadbury have changed the recipe for their hazelnut chocolate, so instead of whole nuts or big chunks of nuts in the chocolate the nuts are crushed down. Makes for a better distribution of nuts and a better taste, IMO.

markot

Banned
The new Cadbury Hazelnut and Roast Almonds are awful... because they crush them more and you dont get the big bursts of nuttiness...

I'm trying to find out the same thing, all I can remember is mousse something

In all that confusion I read codswallops's response as "Choc's milk chocolate", which is something else entirely and also quite disturbing.

MrSerrels

They've just changed the Steam price on that Brink package.

This is hilarious for showing up this whole price fixing thing for what it really is.

MrSerrels said:
They've just changed the Steam price on that Brink package.

This is hilarious for showing up this whole price fixing thing for what it really is.

Lol up to $105 now. what a joke, thats just stupid.

God....Friday afternoon. So lazy cannot be bothered to do anything at all.
Going to go see "your highness" the movie tonight, should be a good time, have been looking forward to this one.

markot said:
>_<? It was always 89, well for along time. And the 105 inclucdes the PRIMA STRATAGY GUIDE!!!!!!!!! Value!

Not sure if u missed earlier today or if ur attempting sarcasm.

The bundle with prima guide has been sitting at $59 USD for most of the day

jambo

A few of my mates grabbed Brink for the cheaper price, so lucky!

If I do get it I'll go via OzGamesShop, can't go wrong with $39.

Echoplx

Hello Ausgaf! Never posted in here before but I shall join you all. Currently living in Birsbane doing nothing until I start studying in July.

3chopl0x said:
Hello Ausgaf! Never posted in here before but I shall join you all. Currently living in Birsbane doing nothing until I start studying in July.

Welcome good sir.

1. what do u do?
2. what do u game on?
3. wtf is ur avatar i can't quite tell
4. Brisbane is where it's at!

Echoplx

Marshmellow said:
Welcome good sir.

1. what do u do?
2. what do u game on?
3. wtf is ur avatar i can't quite tell
4. Brisbane is where it's at!

1. Nothing really, I've been described as a cave troll by my friends. I will be studying IT (Diploma/networking).
2. PC, I added my Steam ID to the spreadsheet.
3. It's Geralt from The Witcher being awesome.
4. It certainly is!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Cohsae said:
Pfft Newcastle-GAF is best GAF am I right guys? Who's with me? Guys?
t634hf.jpg

Stackboy said:
Have a rad weekend Ausgaf. That's right, 29 and still using rad. Aww yeah.

Welcome new guy. BrisGaf unite.

Everytime someone says radelaide to me instead of adelaide i buy another game on steam. i figured this would be a good alternative to downing kittens or something but it hasnt worked out so great.....for the wallet.

Figured it was Geralt.
im 22 aswell legend. we should start a 22's club.

Add Darkares01 to your steam chop

Dead Man

Marshmellow said:
Everytime someone says radelaide to me instead of adelaide i buy another game on steam. i figured this would be a good alternative to downing kittens or something but it hasnt worked out so great.....for the wallet.

Figured it was Geralt.
im 22 aswell legend. we should start a 22's club.

Add Darkares01 to your steam chop
Radelaide is best elaide.

Top Bottom