• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Cohsae

roosters93 said:
She's got vaginal hubris!
Andre: I went down on a girl in that car.
Pete: That wasn't a girl.
Andre: Yes. Turner's Syndrome. X-X-Y. Don't worry about that.
Except I'm pretty sure XXY is actually Klinefelter's but whatever he's not even a real Dr. so he wouldn't know that

Cohsae said:
Andre: I went down on a girl in that car.
Pete: That wasn't a girl.
Andre: Yes. Turner's Syndrome. X-X-Y. Don't worry about that.
Except I'm pretty sure XXY is actually Klinefelter's but whatever he's not even a real Dr. so he wouldn't know that
I thought it was the Shawshank Redemption!

evlcookie said:
Where the heck can I buy a bag from, finding a good one is hard. I thought I had found one but the strap is a little short :/
What is the purpose of the bag? How full will it be? How long will you be carrying it for?

Jintor said:
yeah, she`s freelancing writing, so no secure income. think she might be going back for teaching jobs, since that`s what she`s traned in. as to what she was doing to miss appointments... didn`t ask.
My girlfriend missed appointments for the work for the dole last year or something because she was sick. They didn't have a car and she was that sick she couldn't walk to the doctors. They still cut her off. Twice. In different months. For the same incident.

Centrelink suck.

Salazar said:
Inching towards the PC promised land, one component at a time.
If you can run TW2 on Ultra at 60FPS you will feel a rush of energy wash over your body, energising muscles that you didn't even know existed. That, right there, is the gaming nirvana.

Shaneus

Damn. Was really hoping to spend most of today playing MK. Guess I'll go get a massage at one of those Asian joints in the CBD or something.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
If you can run TW2 on Ultra at 60FPS you will feel a rush of energy wash over your body, energising muscles that you didn't even know existed. That, right there, is the gaming nirvana.

I grabbed Anno 1404 and the Venice expansion this morning.

Salazar

Dinner involves chilli.

The house is full of it. My throat and nose are fucked. It's like the opening scene of The Rock. I need an injection to the heart.

Cohsae

Salazar said:
Dinner involves chilli.

The house is full of it. My throat and nose are fucked. It's like the opening scene of The Rock. I need an injection to the heart.
I am jealous of your chili, my sinuses are clogged up like nobody's business. I definitely need some chili up in here.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
What is the purpose of the bag? How full will it be? How long will you be carrying it for?

To carry my crap to work and back. Which is a water bottle, a container of food and another container of fruit and maybe a small umbrella. With maybe some space for a book and a few small odds and ends.

I currently use a crumpler laptop bag but i don't like the laptop section, Would prefer it to be more open.

Marshmellow said:
Training it home from race day. Utterly fked. Lost $10 on bets but paid $65 for 6 hours of unlimited drinks.
Anytime I get one of those unlimited drinks tickets it ALWAYS takes half an hour to get a drink. New Years on the Waterfront was the worst. Everyone ended up just hanging out in the line because by the time you finished your drink it took an hour to get another one. Probably my bad luck going to overpopulated events.

evlcookie said:
To carry my crap to work and back. Which is a water bottle, a container of food and another container of fruit and maybe a small umbrella. With maybe some space for a book and a few small odds and ends.
I use a little satchel bag that I got from our student union for free, works great for the small stuff. Probably wouldn't take a laptop in it but it suits the purpose great and is nice and light. Something like a messenger bag would be great for you.

evlcookie said:
I currently use a crumpler laptop bag but i don't like the laptop section, Would prefer it to be more open.
I use something like a Barney Rustle (can't remember the one, but it looks like that, though it is plain black with an orange print inside, it's definitely a Crumpler). It has only one compartment and is fine for a laptop if you're not riding to work or anything.

Mine looks like this one, but with a cow and UFO print inside: https://www.backcountry.com/crumpler-the-hoax-messenger-bag

Dead Man

ClivePwned said:
Outstanding!!

evlcookie said:

What is your budget? As Rahk suggested, RushFaster has a good selection: http://rushfaster.com.au/BUY_MESSENGER_BAGS/MESSENGER_BAG.html

Edit: I use a messenger bag I bought from Oxfam years ago, it has held up great. They don't have the one I use on the website, but this one looks similar if you are after something a bit different: http://www.oxfamshop.org.au/products/5560296/2214451
2214465.jpg

reptilescorpio said:
Anytime I get one of those unlimited drinks tickets it ALWAYS takes half an hour to get a drink. New Years on the Waterfront was the worst. Everyone ended up just hanging out in the line because by the time you finished your drink it took an hour to get another one. Probably my bad luck going to overpopulated events.

I use a little satchel bag that I got from our student union for free, works great for the small stuff. Probably wouldn't take a laptop in it but it suits the purpose great and is nice and light. Something like a messenger bag would be great for you.

Yea well i was in a corporate box with 20 people there so i asked the staff to bring me a drink and then i had drink. =D

Jintor

It's still too fucking cold. And after all the fires this morning in Sydney caused by heaters I'm probably just going to rug up instead of bloody turning on the gas.

Salazar

Jintor said:
It's still too fucking cold. And after all the fires this morning in Sydney caused by heaters I'm probably just going to rug up instead of bloody turning on the gas.

Eh. It was cold enough for me to switch from thongs to shoes.

Trading a stack of 360 and PS3 games tomorrow.

Echoplx

God damn asshole room mates.

Long story but basically he's been fucking me over for nearly a month now by taking money from a friend who is currently crashing with us (while he finds a new place to live) and not giving me shit out of it :/

THRILLH0

Banned
Hey guys I've been on gaf just over 3 months but only just found this thread!

Not sure if this is the right place but if any 360 owners want a new friend, you can add me: AShep5

I just started playing Black Ops so I'm terrible. Im also playing AssCreesBro, nba2k11, Halo Reach and Forza 3 online at the moment.

Cheers!

Edit: just found the spreadsheet on the first page so I'll add myself there

Salazar

Not every Creme Egg is a winner, though.

Sometimes the sugary white yolk is a bit too granular. I don't know what it is - perhaps exposure to heat.

I mean, you still eat the damn thing, but I can't claim they are as universally and infallibly splendid as a Lindt ball.

Grabbing Crysis and Anno 1404 (the original, as I bought the Venice expansion today) tomorrow.

Gazunta said:
More importantly what's your opinion on Ricki Lee or Ella Morton

Both are ok. Would choose former over latter, even though latter would probably be excitingly filthier.

Salazar said:
I mean, you still eat the damn thing, but I can't claim they are as universally and infallibly splendid as a Lindt ball.
Oh god the lindt balls with chocolate on the outside and white chocolate in the middle. Soooooooo good.

Also everyone loves Ricki Lee. It is part of being Australian. She would never look twice at a scrub like me though. :(

Jintor

Don't give a shit about her marriage credentials

No More Heroes is so damn good. I love boss rush games. I just wish there was less grind before bosses, but whatever.

Ventron said:
EDIT: Oh, not a proposal, just that he "wants to marry her".
http://www.couriermail.com.au/tim-m...pm-julia-gillard/story-e6frfkvr-1226055957833
Wuss.
Even picking out the quotes it doesn't look like he is going to ask any time soon. Just people trying to make a story.
"At the moment I'm really quite happy with our relationship the way it is. Like Julia, I don't think we need to be cemented in any other way. We're just happy with the way we are, but I would hope if I did ask her that, of course, she would say yes."

Jintor

I've got to stop playing this DX preview code :T

My colleague says the online embargo has lifted and RPS has a piece up, so I guess I can answer a few questions.

Shaneus

Epic night. Severed Heads/Gary Numan followed by going out in G-town for a bit and seeing a ridiculous amount of people I knew. Female talent that was out blew my mind, too... shame they were all (probably) buzzed off some kind of substance. Me? Stone-cold sober :/

Good night, though.

Darklord

Banned
wtf is this shit. I canceled my PRE-ORDER of The Witcher 2 at Zavvi. After hearing you can get the uncut version from GOG I decided to buy it there. So I cancel the game and get an e-mail telling me I can't. It's not even released yet, or dispatched. And apparently, my card doesn't get charged until dispatch too. So it's just sitting there at a fuckin warehouse or something, unpaid for but no, I'm forced to buy it.

Darklord said:
wtf is this shit. I canceled my PRE-ORDER of The Witcher 2 at Zavvi. After hearing you can get the uncut version from GOG I decided to buy it there. So I cancel the game and get an e-mail telling me I can't. It's not even released yet, or dispatched. And apparently, my card doesn't get charged until dispatch too. So it's just sitting there at a fuckin warehouse or something, unpaid for but no, I'm forced to buy it.
That is fucked. I was going to say that must be illegal, but they are based in the channel islands, they can do whatever the fuck they want to!

But seriously though, you might be able to block the transaction with your bank or something, maybe have a look into that side of things. If they can't get your money they're not going to send you the game!

Clipper

BanShunsaku said:
Darklord said:
That is fucked. I was going to say that must be illegal, but they are based in the channel islands, they can do whatever the fuck they want to!

But seriously though, you might be able to block the transaction with your bank or something, maybe have a look into that side of things. If they can't get your money they're not going to send you the game!
According to AusGAF Steam Chat, they are sending out e-mails saying they shipped it today. Thus the label would have already been printed and waiting to be collected and it was too late to cancel. They're just shipping earlier than the release date as they know it will arrive after. I don't see any issue with that, but it is unlucky timing, I guess...

Clipper said:
According to AusGAF Steam Chat, they are sending out e-mails saying they shipped it today. Thus the label would have already been printed and waiting to be collected and it was too late to cancel. They're just shipping earlier than the release date as they know it will arrive after. I don't see any issue with that, but it is unlucky timing, I guess...

Yeh just sounds like unlucky timing.

I still think it is weird that they would prepare an order all the way through to packing and labelling before they actually charge you for it though.

I kind of want to finish another playthrough of The Witcher I have going before Tuesday, however I'm only on chapter 3. Has anyone played it recently and remembers about how much longer I have to go?

BanShunsaku said:
I kind of want to finish another playthrough of The Witcher I have going before Tuesday, however I'm only on chapter 3. Has anyone played it recently and remembers about how much longer I have to go?
Lots. I'm in the Swamp at the moment and I'm hoping I can get this assignment banged out quickly today so I can focus on putting about 30 hours into TW1 to get that end of game save. Need more free time. :(

Aon

You could go from chapter 3 to the end in 15 hours, for sure. If you can find 15 hours of course ><

I wonder if the GOG Witcher will have all the language packs in it? I'd kinda like to play this one through in German like I did the first game.

I found my old folder of Witcher saves I hope to import, would I be able to email them over to someone so they can check these are end game saves and I don't have to try to rush through a playthrough?

Aon said:
You could go from chapter 3 to the end in 15 hours, for sure. If you can find 15 hours of course ><

I wonder if the GOG Witcher will have all the language packs in it? I'd kinda like to play this one through in German like I did the first game.

I found my old folder of Witcher saves I hope to import, would I be able to email them over to someone so they can check these are end game saves and I don't have to try to rush through a playthrough?
What languages will The Witcher 2 be localized in?
The Witcher 2 Digital Premium Edition on GOG.com will contain full localization in English, French and German, plus cinematic and text localization in Italian and Spanish. If you register the game, you'll be able to download the fully localized Polish version as well, courtesy of CDP RED.
If you meant the first Witcher on GOG then yes it has German audio too.

I can check them out if you want.

Top Bottom