• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Madrical

Banned
codswallop said:
Yeah, I'll probably put it down and come back to it later. I've been enjoying the game but not finding any compelling reason to continue. The shooting and plasmid mechanic is enjoyable but not enthralling.

One to revisit in quieter times.
The combat wasn't the strong point of BioShock, the story was, which is why IMO BioShock 2 wasn't very good.. because the story wasn't. There were no interesting characters and the basic plot was kinda dull. I really wish they had used the story of the father discovering Rapture after his daughter was taken by the Big Sister. Could have been interesting.

In other news, screw Geelong.

Bernbaum

Watched season one of The League.

It's funny, although it's like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in that it's a low-budget dialogue-driven sitcom written by a bunch of mates. It's at it's funniest when the characters jump out of their established single dimensions. I hope the second season with its 13 episodes is a bit more adventurous than the first and the premise doesn't wear thin.

Bernbaum said:
I hope the second season with its 13 episodes is a bit more adventurous than the first and the premise doesn't wear thin.
It starts out a bit weak but ramps up really well, Kevin the second to last episode is fantastic. The football stuff is better in the second season but a few of the tangents didn't hit home for me. Ghost Monkey was pure gold.

Edit: Also Pete looks a lot like a mate of mine who funnily enough broke up with his long time girlfriend and spends most of his time focused on fantasy footy stuff.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
I hope I'm not the only one watching Eurovision.

Tuned in and got my snacks! being half an hour behind however I am about to start hiding from the internet

Moldova ftw.

legend166

HolyCheck said:
Tuned in and got my snacks! being half an hour behind however I am about to start hiding from the internet

Moldova ftw.

Half an hour behind? Noooo.

I need more people in Steam chat to make jokes with.

Cohsae

Does Terry Wogan still do the commentary? He was outstanding. Loved how he could pick who would/wouldn't vote for who based on historical European hatreds.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Cohsae said:
Does Terry Wogan still do the commentary? He was outstanding. Loved how he could pick who would/wouldn't vote for who based on historical European hatreds.

nah he retired!

it's not that hard to pick: P

eurovisionvotingjv8.jpg

Fredescu

I wouldn't recommend a GTX580 to anyone that needed to ask for a recommendation. I don't mean to sound elitist or anything, but I don't think you would appreciate the $300 worth of difference. Save that for when you've manually overclocked everything and you're running third party utilities to force supersampling and other effects in your games and you've got the performance bug and you feel like you need more. A $600 GPU is really only for the super enthusiast.

Salazar

Cool.

I just got an offer of a few more hundred bucks, and I figured if there was a performance push worth making, I'd ask about it.

Salazar said:
Cool.

I just got an offer of a few more hundred bucks, and I figured if there was a performance push worth making, I'd ask about it.
Better off putting that money into a SSD or some nice headphones. Or some LED fans.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Better off putting that money into a SSD or some nice headphones.

I did this a few weeks ago. They are badass. They leak too much sound to use on the train or in the uni library, which is a bit of a bummer.

Salazar said:
I did this a few weeks ago. They are badass. They leak too much sound to use on the train or in the uni library, which is a bit of a bummer.
How about a nice office chair to sit in? Or a nice desk? Or are you going comfy couch? Just spitballing. You could always put that money towards a wired 360 controller or a bigger HDD.

Danoss

Better yet, get a shit-hot sound card for those headphones (if not an SSD). The Asus Xonar Essence ST/STX is bloody incredible.

legend166 said:
I hope I'm not the only one watching Eurovision.
It's all I've been watching all weekend! Much better with booze and much less booze tonight.

legend166 said:
I need more people in Steam chat to make jokes with.
The #eurovision hashtag on Twitter has seen some gold commentary. And a spoiler on who wins... dammit.

Clipper

Tntnnbltn said:
Huh? Are you saying it's working, or lamenting that it isn't yet? If working, then where are you? It's not up for me, and I would think they'd start with NSW if they are going to do it regionally...

Edit: So if I'm reading the thread right, it was up briefly in Australia while we were mostly all asleep, but then the network went down for everyone sometime before 6:30am EST. It's back up in the US, but Australia is yet to be back up. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for it to return.

Clipper

Tntnnbltn said:
I logged in as soon as it was up, and it never kicked me off.
Well, don't log out or you won't be able to get back in. Apparently we had between 5AM AEST and 6AM AEST to log in. This is madness.

Edit: It's up again, yay!

Omikron

Salazar said:
I was a Spurs fan for two years before my Aunt brought me into the MUFC fold.

My respect level for you dropped to an all time low. And that is pretty low considering you started life as a Spud.

Fredescu said:
He'll be a Chelsea fan before he's 10.

Just as long as the wife doesn't convert him to Collingwood.

legend166

I think I have the right to support Man Utd because that's where my Dad was born.

Too bad the team is full of annoying wankers like Wayne Rooney.

Also, the email server at work is down for like the third day in a row. Yay.

Clipper

So, I'm not at home to test PSN status any more. Is anybody free today to let us know? :p

I find it pretty dodgy that it was up from 5AM-6AM and 8AM-9AM. Last time I tested was just before 10, so perhaps it is up again now...

I've been apologetic towards Sony throughout this whole thing, mostly, but this pulsing of the uptime is seriously stupid.

Clipper said:
So, I'm not at home to test PSN status any more. Is anybody free today to let us know? :p

I find it pretty dodgy that it was up from 5AM-6AM and 8AM-9AM. Last time I tested was just before 10, so perhaps it is up again now...

I've been apologetic towards Sony throughout this whole thing, mostly, but this pulsing of the uptime is seriously stupid.

I have psp at work. ill test around lunch time.

So if my calculations are correct, my GOG copy of The Witcher 2 will be unlocking at 4:59PM tomorrow afternoon, right when I get home from work.

Work on Wednesday should be... interesting.

Marshmellow said:
FFS this angers me. I hate the internet for this type of thing.
Its honestly just stupid, who in their right mind decided/follows that laying on your stomache is a new craze.
I don't have a problem with it. Anyone who's dumb enough to do it seven stories up deserves whatever happens to them, but doing something silly in a more safe environment? Go for it.

Top Bottom