• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
commanderdeek said:
So the girlfriend you took to see your parents was an online dating thing? If so, that's pretty cool.

Yeah, well we went 'official' before she met my parents obviously. Though I met hers first before that because she had a birthday party. That was fun.

evlcookie said:
Is that how you met your current partner? I was hoping you would spill some basic details about it all!

It is. Well there's a lot to go into so I might put it all in a big blog, but happy to answer questions.

Jintor said:
It's "let's pressure vooks about his personal life" time again! Yay!

I'm happy to share the wonders of online dating with the world.

Danoss

Choc said:
how can you not pick Idris?
He's fat, slow and rubbish.

He should never have been picked for Australia to begin with, he belongs nowhere near rep footy. Bulldogs fans should be rejoicing that the Titans bought him so they can put their money to better use elsewhere.

I think that better choices could have been made in the forward pack and they could have picked anyone except Brett Morris on the wing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
VOOK said:

I'm surprised you went online dating, What made you decide to give it a shot? How many crazy chicks did you meet before this one? Did you fake any of your profile?

I think i'm way too embarrassed to try online dating even though, I would have thought these days it's perfectly normal. It's either I convince a friend to hook me up with someone they know or it's forever alone.

Omikron

VOOK said:
Yeah, well we went 'official' before she met my parents obviously. Though I met hers first before that because she had a birthday party. That was fun.

It is. Well there's a lot to go into so I might put it all in a big blog, but happy to answer questions.

Online dating / meeting people online has some very distinct upsides.

Speaking from knowing my now wife since '99/'00 via online methods.

legend166

It has the major upside of you knowing that any person you contact is actually looking for someone. Even if you're not that someone, I imagine that's a comforting thought.

Still... The greed is welling up and I'm trying hard to find a reason not to grab one of those HDDs. Hell, if they could be removed from the enclosure I'd buy five for that price.

jambo

Pretty sure it's just a standard HDD sitting in the enclosure. I'm going to rip it out and chuck it inside my PC to replace my 500GB music drive, which is almost out of space!

Deeku

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I always imagined online dating to be a little like AusGAF meetups, but with more awkward conversations and less chloroform.
That's my main problem with the whole online thing. You could have an awesome time chatting to someone online, but when it come to meeting in real life, it would probably be awkward as fuck.

commanderdeek said:
That's probably my main problem with the whole online thing. You could probably have an awesome time chatting to someone online, but when it come to meeting in real life, it would probably awkward as fuck.
The thing that I expect really makes forum meetups awkward at first is the sure knowledge that you've used memes in front of these people. That's only a step above being caught masturbating.

Jintor

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I always imagined online dating to be a little like AusGAF meetups, but with more awkward conversations and less chloroform.

Who was in charge of the cloroform back at the SydGaf meetup?

Stackboy said:
An old housemate met his wife on online dating. I tried it for about 4 months, but found it to be quite shallow.

I'm sure it just depends on the type of people you meet. Just like real life!

Shaneus

Here's how that eBay thing is going to work... it's not a mistake, it's clearly a scam. What guy would have 200 (at last count) of those drives with 112 feedback?

Shaneus said:
Here's how that eBay thing is going to work... it's not a mistake, it's clearly a scam. What guy would have 200 (at last count) of those drives with 112 feedback?
Probably, but 1) it's only $20 (and since he's sold 200 he's already $4000 up), 2) shouldn't PayPal or eBay refund if it proves to be dodgy?

I'd say they're more likely to be thumbdrives with weights or stolen.

Marshmellow said:
I totally paypald it so i will ask for refund if it is fake.
Otherwise my good mate sutton has me covered i think :p

LOL it's up to 200 sold now... It's either fake or stolen goods :)

When it arrives, don't sign for it until you check it, that way you can claim 'not delivered' and get your money back easier.

Come on AusGaf, it's only $20, have a bet.

codswallop said:
Probably, but 1) it's only $20 (and since he's sold 200 he's already $4000 up), 2) shouldn't PayPal or eBay refund if it proves to be dodgy?

I'd say they're more likely to be thumbdrives with weights or stolen.

That would be worth the $20 just for the laugh.

... or a box with bricks or other weights, or a USB stick programmed to read a size different to its actual capacity, or simply an empty box, or maybe it doesn't work, or maybe a photo of a guy laughing on his way to the bank.

I'm intrigued and want to know more. I bet Sutton Dagger is the one who actually posted it on eBay. Enjoy my money!

Bernbaum

One of the happiest couples I know met via online dating. Both parties were pretty damn attractive too (I can say that because I'm superheterosexual).

Got married, had a kid blablabla vomit, happy ending.

codswallop said:
... or a box with bricks or other weights, or a USB stick programmed to read a size different to its actual capacity, or simply an empty box, or maybe it doesn't work, or maybe a photo of a guy laughing on his way to the bank.

I'm intrigued and want to know more. I bet Sutton Dagger is the one who actually posted it on eBay. Enjoy my money!

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Bernbaum

BanShunsaku said:
Is this one of those scams like on Get This when some dude sold people computers and shipped boxes of sand?
Hey did you buy Weinhandler?

I'm about to get Puzzle Strike, which if you've played Yomi and Dominion, should be totally fucking rad.

Don't play Dominion with Agyar btw. He's a Torturer-spamming asshat. It's basically a sanctioned form of cheating.

Rahk said:
I'm over brick external hard drives even if it is only $20. Portable all the way.
I only ever use large external drives like this for backup purposes so rarely even use them. I make sure I update my backups monthly and do it rigorously.

jambo

Rahk said:
If they're not going to overhaul the Source engine, is it possible to get rid of loading screens? They seemed out of place in Portal 2 in this day and age.

They want to move away from BSP so hopefully they'll put something in place that allows streaming.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Erik Wolpaw is on the record mentioning that they're "working on it".

Bernbaum said:
Hey did you buy Weinhandler?

I'm about to get Puzzle Strike, which if you've played Yomi and Dominion, should be totally fucking rad.

Don't play Dominion with Agyar btw. He's a Torturer-spamming asshat. It's basically a sanctioned form of cheating.

Just googled them Bern.
Can you give me a quick rundown on puzzle strike?

Had a read of the info, do i have to buy the game and then buy "boosters" aswell?

also link to where u got it from would be apprecaited.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
evlcookie said:
I'm surprised you went online dating, What made you decide to give it a shot? How many crazy chicks did you meet before this one? Did you fake any of your profile?

I think i'm way too embarrassed to try online dating even though, I would have thought these days it's perfectly normal. It's either I convince a friend to hook me up with someone they know or it's forever alone.

I joined up just after Xmas, I thought I might as well give it a shot. I did it because well it wasn't working the normal way was it? None of my profile was fake, I'm not ashamed of who I am or what I do.

Willing to give anything a shot.

Really the only people these days who think online dating is wrong are older people (because teh internetz are the devil) and guys/girls who get laid every weekend and enjoy having meaningless sex with strangers each weekend. Even then they're using sites like Oasis to hook up.

Omi said:
Online dating / meeting people online has some very distinct upsides.

Speaking from knowing my now wife since '99/'00 via online methods.

Good show, must have been a huge 'taboo' back then online dating?

commanderdeek said:
That's my main problem with the whole online thing. You could have an awesome time chatting to someone online, but when it come to meeting in real life, it would probably be awkward as fuck.

If it happens you just move on and consider her/him another friend, there's tons of people out there.

Top Bottom