• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Doncamatic said:
Everyone should buy this game and have a good time. I'm still sad that I wont get to see an Alpha Protocol 2.

I bought it at full price but wasn't really able to get into it.
Will have to try again soon but backlog is overwhelming and im only adding to it.

ps. if anyone is buy darkspore or the first templar i would be interested in chipping into the package deals. also wondering if anyone has opinions on them. cheers

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
PSN still down for me:(
It seems so far that it has been up in Australia from 5-6AM, 8-9AM and 11-11:15AM. They are saying they are getting too many password resets coming in all at once, swamping the servers...

Deeku

Clipper said:
It seems so far that it has been up in Australia from 5-6AM, 8-9AM and 11-11:15AM. They are saying they are getting too many password resets coming in all at once, swamping the servers...
I have no idea how I'm going to recover my JPN and HK accounts. I never use the emails for those accounts and when I tried to reactivate one, it wouldn't let me....

You can still create new different region accounts right?

Jintor said:
Awesome, getting a new debug PS3. Just gotta figure out how to transfer my NMH saves.
Is that port any good? I remember hearing the Japanese version was a steaming pile of crap. I remember someone saying that when you installed the game to hdd, it took longer to load.

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
I have no idea how I'm going to recover my JPN and HK accounts. I never use the emails for those accounts and when I tried to reactivate one, it wouldn't let me....

You can still create new different region accounts right?
You don't need an e-mail to change your password if you are doing it on the same PS3 that you created the account on.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
You don't need an e-mail to change your password if you are doing it on the same PS3 that you created the account on.

well im fucked

i dont have access to the email i originally registered with and i had to get a new ps3 as the original died

good fucking job sony

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
Is that port any good? I remember hearing the Japanese version was a steaming pile of crap. I remember someone saying that when you installed the game to hdd, it took longer to load.

's alright, but if you've already played No More Heroes, well, you've already played No More Heroes. Load times seem to be a little excessive but whatever, the still-frustrating controls are still the biggest weakness.

Can't wait for next Saturday to watch the new Doctor Who with my bro. I don't think he's read anything Gaiman-tier in his life.

Deeku

Choc said:
well im fucked

i dont have access to the email i originally registered with and i had to get a new ps3 as the original died

good fucking job sony
Basically yeah lol.

No big deal though since I can recover my main AU and US accounts.

Jintor said:
Can't wait for next Saturday to watch the new Doctor Who with my bro. I don't think he's read anything Gaiman-tier in his life.
It was pretty good. Had a couple of bits that I don't think fit well in the established Who universe, but otherwise it was definitely Gaiman-esque. I knew his one was airing this season but couldn't remember when it was being aired, but I knew almost as soon as it started that it was his.

Mar

Choc said:
well im fucked

good fucking job sony

Yeah, when I heard this was how they were dealing with passwords I figured there'd be quite a few people (millions) that are going to have large issues. I guess there will be a manual process involved (phone calls etc).

Choc

Banned
they seriously better have a way for me to get my account back

i read that if you had bought something on the new system, and downloaded it it would have updated your PS3 id with PSN and you can still get the account without an email?

i've done that so hopefully that is right

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I suck at buying shoes, These are super tight although i was told they should be to provide the correct support? My feet suck, My shoes suck. I'm going barefoot from now on.

Jintor said:
I know right? The ridiculous tense-challenged dialogue especially. So good.
There were plenty of great parts. I know Gaiman wrote a script about 2-3 times as long as the usual ones turned in and had to cut plenty down. This definitely felt like there was way more interesting story waiting in the wings (
Amy running in the corridors while Rory waited, yet again, and went mad was brilliant
and I'd love to have seen that theme fleshed out more). It would've made a good two-parter I think.

evlcookie said:
I suck at buying shoes, These are super tight although i was told they should be to provide the correct support? My feet suck, My shoes suck. I'm going barefoot from now on.
I'm considering dropping $400 on a pair of shoes to get married in and every shoe store I go to, they're way too narrow. The guys working the shops are always telling me that shoes of that level of quality have to be broken in.

I say for $400, those shoes not only should instantly mould themselves to the contours of my feet, have air circulation to warm/cool my toes as needed and frikken give me foot massages when I'm sitting down. It's a bloody ripoff! >:-(

I didn't spend that much on my PS3!

codswallop said:
It was pretty good. Had a couple of bits that I don't think fit well in the established Who universe, but otherwise it was definitely Gaiman-esque. I knew his one was airing this season but couldn't remember when it was being aired, but I knew almost as soon as it started that it was his.
You know it was without a doubt one of the best episodes of Doctor Who I've ever seen. Easily in my top 5 of all time episodes. People who havent seen it yet are in for a treat next week when its on down here.

evlcookie said:
Man I wish that was an option for me in my life. I have size 15/16 flat feet and I hate looking for shoes cause its soo god damn hard to find something that fits, feels good and doesn't cost too much. For pretty much my whole adult life I've just worn Converse Skate shoes, but now days I pretty much just wear crocs whenever I'm not at work if only cause they actually feel good and don't cost an arm and a leg. That said I do have to put up with the constant mocking for wearing said Crocs.

legend166

Just started Clash of Kings in my lunch break.

A Game of Thrones took me 3 days to finish (with some sick days off work in there (I was actually sick)). Let's see how long this one takes.

Danoss

Looks like my GRRM 4 book box-set has just cleared customs. Should hopefully be reading A Game of Thrones this time tomorrow if all goes well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm considering dropping $400 on a pair of shoes to get married in and every shoe store I go to, they're way too narrow. The guys working the shops are always telling me that shoes of that level of quality have to be broken in.

I say for $400, those shoes not only should instantly mould themselves to the contours of my feet, have air circulation to warm/cool my toes as needed and frikken give me foot massages when I'm sitting down. It's a bloody ripoff! >:-(

I didn't spend that much on my PS3!

I honestly would expect the same. These at the moment seem ok but my little right toe is being crushed or something, So it's a nice painful experience. Hopefully they stretch over the next week otherwise i need a larger size for that extra bit of room.

Stackboy

Wear 2 pairs of socks guys. That helps to stretch shoes out a bunch. I wear size 12 shoes, switched from Adidas to Pumas and they killed my feet. 2 pairs of socks for a week and bam, back to comfy feet business.

Deeku

PSN Au is up for me now. Didn't need any email verification for AU or US account even though this is my 3rd PS3.

Yay!

Kritz

Banned
I have never not gotten a good pair of shoes from athlete's foot. $200 is expensive, but they always feel good.

Though I hear mainland athlete's foot sucks.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
they seriously better have a way for me to get my account back

i read that if you had bought something on the new system, and downloaded it it would have updated your PS3 id with PSN and you can still get the account without an email?

i've done that so hopefully that is right

I kinda hope you can't get your account back just so I can see what happens.

I also slow down for car wrecks.

Danoss

I've been looking at some new shoes and it seems we're better off importing them also.

I was going to grab a pair of Asics trainers that are $170 over here and $65 in the US. Shipping is around $30, making them $95. If I take the opportunity to order a couple of pairs at the same time, the savings should be better again.

Sizing is the problem of course, but now it's time to abuse the retailers. Wander in, try them on, walk out and order online.

Choc

Banned
Ricky Stuart clearly is moronic

the game 1 team is pathetic

how can you not pick Idris?

Like the newspaper editorials are saying in Sydney, how can someone be picked for Australia and not NSW

Deeku

Omi said:
Warranty?
First one was under warranty so Sony sent me a refurb for free.

The refurb died a month after the 1 year warranty expired. Sony didn't have any more 60gbs so instead of paying them for a 80gb refurb, I got some guy to fix the 60gb so I could sell it on ebay. Good thing I sold it too because the guy that bought it emailed me 3 weeks later saying it died lol.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
After trying online dating for 5 months, I feel I should write a blog about it.

It's an hilarious insight in current state of my age group. The majority of people my age are real real dumb fucks.

There is no simpler way to put it.

Deeku

VOOK said:

It's an hilarious insight in current state of my age group. The majority of people my age are real real dumb fucks.

So the girlfriend you took to see your parents was an online dating thing? If so, that's pretty cool.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
VOOK said:

Is that how you met your current partner? I was hoping you would spill some basic details about it all!

Fredescu

Choc said:
Ricky Stuart clearly is moronic

the game 1 team is pathetic

how can you not pick Idris?

Like the newspaper editorials are saying in Sydney, how can someone be picked for Australia and not NSW
Well, his reasonnig is sort of right. He wants to pick players for the position that they have been playing in week in week out. A failing of the NSW team over recent years was just to pick a bunch of in form backs and play them out of position. Gasnier is probably technically in better form than Idris. I'm not sure that Josh Dugan's club form is all that good though. He's mostly basing it on City/Country and the Indigenous game.

Top Bottom