• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum said:
Hey did you buy Weinhandler?

I'm about to get Puzzle Strike, which if you've played Yomi and Dominion, should be totally fucking rad.

Don't play Dominion with Agyar btw. He's a Torturer-spamming asshat. It's basically a sanctioned form of cheating.

Haven't bought Weinhandler yet, had a last minute change of heart when I noticed it was 3-5 players. Most of my board gaming at the moment is done with only 2 players so I thought I should probably buy something else more suitable.

So I'm looking at getting 1960: Making of a President and probably Citadels on my next Milsims order. Both are "in stock" at the moment, but you never know with them.

Let me know how you go with Puzzle Strike, looks good. Haven't played Yomi but I love Dominion.

Also - Fuck Torturers. I can imagine hows frustrating that is, my gf's only strategy lately seems to be Witch spamming :(

Bernbaum

Marshmellow said:
Just googled them Bern.
Can you give me a quick rundown on puzzle strike?

Had a read of the info, do i have to buy the game and then buy "boosters" aswell?

also link to where u got it from would be apprecaited.
Got no idea mate - haven't played it but it comes on the recommendation of some experienced board game players. Plus it's made by the guy who made Yomi, which I think has different character decks that can be bought separately.

Puzzle Strike has been described to me as a chip-cased game based on a deck-building game that doesn't exist based on a puzzle game that doesn't exist based on an arcade fighting game that doesn't exist (or something to that measure). If it's deck-building and like Dominion, I'm there.

It looks fun and I like fun things.

Bernbaum said:
Got no idea mate - haven't played it but it comes on the recommendation of some experienced board game players. Plus it's made by the guy who made Yomi, which I think has different character decks that can be bought separately.

Puzzle Strike has been described to me as a chip-cased game based on a deck-building game that doesn't exist based on a puzzle game that doesn't exist based on an arcade fighting game that doesn't exist (or something to that measure). If it's deck-building and like Dominion, I'm there.

It looks fun and I like fun things.

Excellent, i am also an enjoyer of fun things.

Where abouts did u purchase from. Ive got pricings of $34 and $60 atm....

Ydahs said:
Still looking for that invite into the AusGAF Steam group >_>

Add Darkares01 and consider it done

Clipper

Ydahs said:
Still looking for that invite into the AusGAF Steam group >_>
Just join. It's open, I think.

Edit: I see you did join, but then you left immediately. Stick around a bit and chat and you will be added to the main list when one of the guys that can add people sees you.

Clipper

Fredescu said:
It's not. It was locked because a scammer joined and sent dodgy URLs to everyone.
Oh, I see. Yet another reason why Steam Chat is crap. Man, I wish somebody would just make a client to join an IRC room to the Steam Chat room. It'd make things so much easier...

Rahk

Should still be able to just join chat and ask in there. Should still be joinable for non-members. More likely to get an instant invite.

Omikron

Clipper said:
Oh, I see. Yet another reason why Steam Chat is crap. Man, I wish somebody would just make a client to join an IRC room to the Steam Chat room. It'd make things so much easier...

oz.org if possible due to the fact I already idle on 2 channels on there. :p

Ydahs

Marshmellow said:
Add Darkares01 and consider it done
Sent you the Steam ID via PM before I saw the edit. I'll add you too.

Do any of you still play TF2? Just did a complete stat reset to start over from scratch, considering I haven't played it in months.

Goodbye time count :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:

IRC then would pose so many other security problems.

Anyone else like Samboy chips, particularly Atomic Tomato? I don't normally eat unhealthy food, but I have a craving, might go grab a bag.

What's AusGAF's chip of choice?

jambo

I wish there was an AusGAF IRC. I have IRC open almost every day at work, but no Steam.

I should just create an AusGAF channel on GameSurge...

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Don't play Dominion with Agyar btw. He's a Torturer-spamming asshat. It's basically a sanctioned form of cheating.

The best part was where you'd barely finished dealing with the torturers my brother dished out and I was already playing them.

In a deck with curse-giving cards and Chapel, there's two strategies you can employ. Buy your own curse-giving action cards to evenly distribute the curses or buy a Chapel to trash the curses. Preferably do both, like I did.

Omikron

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else like Samboy chips, particularly Atomic Tomato? I don't normally eat unhealthy food, but I have a craving, might go grab a bag.

Grainwaves.

Shaneus

Sutton Dagger said:

Big Red is far better.

But to answer your question, probably plain Ruffles (when they were around). And whilst technically not fitting into your question, Burger Rings.
Fredescu said:
McCain Sweet Potato Super Fries: Crinkle Cut.
Oh yes. It's weird how much I prefer the crinkle cut over the regular one.
Omi said:
Grainwaves.
You had me at "hello". You complete me.

MrSerrels

jambo said:
I wish there was an AusGAF IRC. I have IRC open almost every day at work, but no Steam.

I should just create an AusGAF channel on GameSurge...

Cheese and Onion Discos if I'm in the UK.

With a can of Irn Bru.

BOSS.

jambo

AusGAF IRC is up, just hop on to GameSurge and join #AusGAF. Getting it registered too, hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Sutton Dagger said:

Ooh that's a tough one. Probably Doritos Cheese Supreme with salsa, so good.

Also these. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the chips for amazing results. :)

Aust-RedRock-LimePepp.jpg

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Who wants to sing Idle Thumbs songs with me

I feel the neeeeeeeed
Me! I'm just listening to the last episode (not counting the PAX panel and grenades) at the moment.

I vote for Space Asshole, given that it was the song that piqued my interest in IT.

PS. Lime and black pepper FTW as well. Delish.

MrSerrels

Sutton Dagger said:

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Aust-RedRock-LimePepp.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

No - the red one of these - the RED ONE!

Salazar

So, if I phone MS and tell them that I want to install Windows on my new PC - and to use it only on that computer - are they at all likely to give me another activation key ?

Their site doesn't seem at all to suggest that they would.

Danoss

They should, as being the retail pack, you can move it around, but only have it installed on one PC at a time. At least that's what I've been led to believe.

Fredescu

Install it first. Once you're in, bring up the activation wizard and choose "activate by phone". The wizard will give you a bunch of numbers that you dial in on the phone, and then the automated phone thing gives you a bunch more numbers to type in response.

Edit: clarified

Jintor

Shaneus said:
Me! I'm just listening to the last episode (not counting the PAX panel and grenades) at the moment.

I vote for Space Asshole, given that it was the song that piqued my interest in IT.

PS. Lime and black pepper FTW as well. Delish.

Their entire site has been nuked archive-wise :< Sadface. How will I operate without Reeeemooooooo

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Their entire site has been nuked archive-wise :< Sadface. How will I operate without Reeeemooooooo
How do you mean... front page articles? Yeah, they don't go back too far. But you can still get all the MP3s (both casts and songs) from there.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
jambo said:
AusGAF IRC is up, just hop on to GameSurge and join #AusGAF. Getting it registered too, hopefully I'll hear back soon.

We've had an IRC channel before, It didn't work.

Good luck!

Danoss

Jintor said:
What is this terrible news? I was going to go back and listen from the beginning at some point also. Super sadface.

jambo

For people without IRC clients, here's a web link to the #AusGAF channel

http://webchat.gamesurge.net/?channels=AusGAF

Shaneus

Danoss said:
What is this terrible news? I was going to go back and listen from the beginning at some point also. Super sadface.
They're definitely on iTunes and as of a month or two ago, you could get them from their website.

Deeku

Sutton Dagger said:

Aust-RedRock-LimePepp.jpg
I need to try this. Love those chips.

The mustard ones are also good. Screw the red ones lol.

Top Bottom