• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

legend166

I was never going to watch it anyone, but the song Channel 9 put on the ads for 'Come Fly With Me' means I will now actively avoid it.

LALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALA

sjt333

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else like Samboy chips, particularly Atomic Tomato? I don't normally eat unhealthy food, but I have a craving, might go grab a bag.

What's AusGAF's chip of choice?
The Samboy chips with the extra flavour packet were the best.

Fredescu

scMEw.jpg

Cohsae

Jintor said:
TF2 still awesome even with a tonne of hats
TF2 at its best was easily the most enjoyable online multiplayer experience I've had. I had so many amazing moments playing that game, mostly due to the fact that Valve are so good at creating games that can make completely random people want to work together as a team.
You could argue that they just brute force you into teamwork but whatever it works.
One of these days I'll dive back in and I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for ever leaving.

Anyone want to buy Brother in Arms: Hells Highway on 360 from me for $10 posted?
Dang it, eb wouldn't give me my copy of TW2 tonight, have to wait until 9am tomorrow. Sucks because I only have tomorrow off, would have loved to pull an all nighter.

codswallop said:
I don't have a problem with it. Anyone who's dumb enough to do it seven stories up deserves whatever happens to them, but doing something silly in a more safe environment? Go for it.
Agree whole heartedly.

Gazunta said:
The lesson is clear, guys. Someone should do something about being able to spread ideas over the Internet.
I've been saying this for years now, COMMUNISM WORKS
IN THEORY

Jintor said:
Awesome, getting a new debug PS3. Just gotta figure out how to transfer my NMH saves.
Well aren't you fancy Mr Jintor. Enjoy your fancy debug PS3 unit. I'll keep slumming it over here with my peasant PS3 unit.

commanderdeek said:
The two that died were 60gbs with full bc:( They only lasted a year each...
Damn! A mate of mine had YLOD but haven't heard of any other problems with the people I know. Everyone has had at least one 360 go belly up though.

Worthintendo said:
That said I do have to put up with the constant mocking for wearing said Crocs.
With good reason, how is the tadpole hunt going?

Rez said:
ain't no thang as meaningless sex, uh indee
Agreed, meaningless sex should actually be characterised as super fun time sex. Certainly not functional sex or romantic sex. Also I now want some chicken wings.

evlcookie said:
It's either I convince a friend to hook me up with someone they know or it's forever alone.
Most people I know (myself included) meet their loved ones through friendship groups. Like I met my fiance through getting absolutely wasted one day while my mate had come back from South Korea for a few weeks so our group all went to the footy in Geelong and got maggoted all day long. Ended up going to another friends place for night time drinking as she wanted to catch up with him, Kim was her best friend from another town and was visiting at the time so the two groups of friends mingled/got smashed together and we ended up getting along great. Don't know anyone personally who found a partner through online dating, a mate of mine did sign up to hook up with chicks though. Ended up more hassle than it was worth apparently.

VOOK said:
It's an hilarious insight in current state of my age group. The majority of people my age are real real dumb fucks. There is no simpler way to put it.
I would say that most people in general are real dumb fucks. The stupid guy at work is back from holidays so I went out on a mail pickup with him and he almost ran someone over and then put on the windscreen wipers when trying to put the indicators on for a turn. This is a guy who has worked in the mailroom for over 25 years. Sometimes it is best to just take enjoyment out of other people ineptitude. Otherwise I would be crying myself to sleep every night.

Sutton Dagger said:
000Red_Rock_Deli_Chips_Sweet_Chilli_Sour_Cream_200g.jpg
red%20rock%20deli%20chip%20sea%20salt%20%26%20balsamic%20vineger%2090gm.jpg
000Red_Rock_Deli_Chips_Dijon_Mustard_Honey_200g.jpg
tasty_toobs.jpg

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Don't know anyone personally who found a partner through online dating

Girl in Adelaide I was crazy about for a while is currently trying it.

Drives me insane - to the point that I actually want to be in Adelaide.

legend166

Salazar said:

So will you commit yourself or do you want me to do it for you?

reptilescorpio said:
put on the windscreen wipers when trying to put the indicators on for a turn
I do this shit all the time. My wife has a car with European console and mine is "regular". Instead of refitting the European one properly to our market, they just flipped it over meaning the indicators and wipers are "reversed" (wipers on right, indicator on left) to my car. I often switch cars and forget which I'm supposed to use.

Salazar

legend166 said:
So will you commit yourself or do you want me to do it for you?

Eh, I have the consolation that she keeps barring the dudes she meets through the site.

Edit: At least that's what she tells me.

codswallop said:
I do this shit all the time. My wife has a car with European console and mine is "regular". Instead of refitting the European one properly to our market, they just flipped it over meaning the indicators and wipers are "reversed" (wipers on right, indicator on left) to my car. I often switch cars and forget which I'm supposed to use.
All the work vans are exactly the same though. And he drives one 4 out of 5 days a week. And I am sure he does it at least 5 times a day. This is the guy who filled up a jerry can with fuel and didn't put the built-in funnel back down when he put it in the van. STILL stinks of fuel in there 3 months later. It is rumoured that the uni gets some kind of kick-back for employing him.

Salazar said:
Eh, I have the consolation that she keeps barring the dudes she meets through the site. Edit: At least that's what she tells me.
Lulz. Why would she tell you she is meeting tons of hot guys that she bones every night? I'm sure it isn't quite that bad though. If she had a guy on the go she probably wouldn't tell you.

Bernbaum

codswallop said:
Haha!

The car I bought last year is a Euro model. Grabbed the keys off the guy at the dealership who wished me an enjoyable ride and I rip out of the yard with a big smile on my face and come to an intersection, go to indicate to pull into traffic, and then fucking wipers and water and shit start going bananas and the salesman was probably like 'This guy's an idiot - easy sale!'

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I would say that most people in general are real dumb fucks. The stupid guy at work is back from holidays so I went out on a mail pickup with him and he almost ran someone over and then put on the windscreen wipers when trying to put the indicators on for a turn. This is a guy who has worked in the mailroom for over 25 years. Sometimes it is best to just take enjoyment out of other people ineptitude. Otherwise I would be crying myself to sleep every night.
I'm pretty sure that's the case. Most of the people I work with (both in my business and the IT industry in general) are pretty switched on, but I get the impression that those who work in non-stimulating (most tradie jobs and those in retail) industries (after finishing school... during school/uni is fine, obv) are absolute clueless deadshits. I think it's getting worse, too. A look at the people I see when out on a Saturday night or the status updates of my "friends" (well, people in my age group whom I occasionally run into) proves this.

Gah, I just hate stupid people. All I see is Idiocracy in our future and I don't like it.

Deeku

Haha I do the windscreen wiper thing too when switching between cars.

Even more hilarious was when my dad took his car for service recently and they gave him a four wheel drive as a courtesy car. For some reason, they decided to put the transmission shifter thing on the right of the wheel where you'd normally have the indicator or wiper thing. So since my dad is kinda old and has trouble adjusting to new shit, instead of indicating before a turn, he would accidentally shift to neutral when approaching a turn which made the car go apeshit.

Funny, but kinda dangerous!

Omikron

* You were kicked from #AusGAF by Kritz (OmiWork)
-
#AusGAF unable to join channel (address is banned)

Well. I guess it at least keeps my old IRC cred intact by being banned. :D

Fascist scum Kritz.

Jintor said:
Come now, it's the office debug. :p
Any man who gets to play Deus Ex 3 before me is a man who is on my list.
homersrevengelist_thumb.png

Shaneus said:
Gah, I just hate stupid people. All I see is Idiocracy in our future and I don't like it.
Agreed.

Omi said:
Fascist scum Kritz.
People on IRC probably don't like being called fascists and whatever other vilification you were hurling around in there.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Salazar said:

point me in her direction? if one ausgaffer cant have her.. share the love! lol

Sutton Dagger said:
I've actually grown quite fond of those new Cheese Grainwaives chips.

Also love the Sweet Chili Grainwaives with sour cream to dip them in. Tastes amazing.

Pretty much any really cheesy chips will win me over end of the day.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Why would she tell you she is meeting tons of hot guys that she bones every night?

She's told me much more than I wanted to hear quite a few times in that respect - but the news on her online dating experience has been all bad.

Kritz

Banned
Omi said:
Well. I guess it at least keeps my old IRC cred intact by being banned. :D

Fascist scum Kritz.

So I may have accidentally banned everyone and set the channel to invite only.

Um, whoops.

Shaneus

Worthintendo said:
I've actually grown quite fond of those new Cheese Grainwaives chips.

Also love the Sweet Chili Grainwaives with sour cream to dip them in. Tastes amazing.
Shit, that sour cream/SCG combo sounds epic. Next time I'm being a lardarse I'm getting a massive bag of the chips and some sour cream.

Clipper

Yeah, I checked the ban list just after making the post. Turns out the only one banned was me, but at my work IP as opposed to my home one.

Nice sabotage, mate.

Shaneus

Just decided to fire up Midnight Club LA fro the first time in yonks. Not really post-worthy, but someone had to break the uncharacteristic (for AusGAF) silence...

trinest

Continuing with the theme of that picture, it goes to say that all Sydney'rs belive if its not in Sydney- well its not important/part of Australia. Aka people saying "x" random country town is "part of sydney?"

Top Bottom