• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum

This is, perhaps, overdoing it just a tad-

In their reviews, AbsolutePunk.net assign a decimal score, to two places, to the various elements of an album.

izublv.jpg

To break down the album on such arbitrary terms and then grade them separately and using a total score from the culminative values misses the point of music appreciation entirely. Why not grade the clarity of the snare drum while they're at it?

I thought Pitchfork was bad enough.

Doncamatic said:
Eh 8.25 lyrics. I've got an 8.37 lyrics minimum so will have to pass.
To be fair to Oli the lyrics were never going to live up to the fantastic work he did on Suicide Season. There Is A Hell is a very artsy album compared to those before. Still recommended though. Also yes Absolute Punk is very arbitrary with their reviews. They aren't quite as sporadic as Pitchfork though as the reviewers tend to be those rated best by the websites community. Also checkout Hollow Grave by Architects if you like BMTH. Their new album is poop though.

Ydahs

TF2 keeps on crashing whenever I change to resolution to 1920x1080 :(

Checked the CPU usage and free memory, both seem reasonable enough so that's not the issue. Didn't work last night, didn't work this morning. Worked this afternoon for two hours. Now I'm back for some more TF2 and once again it's not working...

Have no idea what to do from here... other than playing it on a sub-1080 resolution. It works on every resolution other than that so that's the issue at the moment.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kick Ass, the week I have booked off:3DS update, E3 AND Duke Nukem Forever it out. I'm not leaving the house. I may not even shower.

Echoplx

VOOK said:
Kick Ass, the week I have booked off:3DS update, E3 AND Duke Nukem Forever it out. I'm not leaving the house. I may not even shower.

You forgot the most awesome event happening this week, The Witcher 2 is coming out.

remz

Bernbaum said:
This is, perhaps, overdoing it just a tad-

In their reviews, AbsolutePunk.net assign a decimal score, to two places, to the various elements of an album.

izublv.jpg

To break down the album on such arbitrary terms and then grade them separately and using a total score from the culminative values misses the point of music appreciation entirely. Why not grade the clarity of the snare drum while they're at it?

I thought Pitchfork was bad enough.
The weirdest thing about that is most AP.net reviews seem to be either "THIS IS AWESOME" or "THIS IS CRAP" so I don't know why they even bother with the goddamn decimals, and not move to an out of 5 or star system.

AdventureRacing said:
They changed the flavours, now they have lime chilli and it tastes like shit. They were my favourite chips now i don't like any of them.

Yep, the Lime and Chilli tastes horrible in comparison to the original. The only chips I'd go out of my way to buy were Chilli Kettle.

Clipper

PSN freebies have been announced. Long story short, you select two free PS3 games and/or two free PSP games from lists depending on what systems you owned. You also get 30 days of free Playstation Plus or 60 days if you already had it.

Known Game Lists so far are:

PS3 US:
Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury

PS3 Europe (thus AU):
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation

PSP:
LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
ModNation Racers
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation

I'm probably going to get Ratchet and LBP for my AU account, and Dead Nation and Super Stardust for the US. I already own LBP on disc, but I wouldn't mind a downloadable version. I own Infamous on disc too, but there's not much point to having it downloadable. I've got Wipeout HD via Playstation Plus already, so that pretty much forces my purchases.

Still, I think it's a pretty good deal all told.

Did anyone catch ACA last night? Pure gold... Had an interview with some guy who reckons he is Jesus Christ, and lives with some bird who thinks she is Mary Magdalene, in a weatherboard shack near Bundaberg. He has a growing group of followers who are buying up land near them just to be close to him.

Quote of the interview:

ACA douche (to one of JC's followers): So what evidence do you have that he is really Jesus Christ?

(Crazy Cultist pauses, ponders for a minute...)

Cultist: Well, we don't have any evidence that he isn't.

Also, Jesus claims to be mates with Elvis.

Also, Mary Magdalene looks alright for a 2000 year old prostitute.

Aon

Do you really reckon we'll be getting games based on accounts rather than PS3s clipper?

Or do you have two machines?

Clipper

Aon said:
Do you really reckon we'll be getting games based on accounts rather than PS3s clipper?

Or do you have two machines?
Perhaps it will be per-account and per-machine, but I doubt it. It'd be hard to implement that way. The conditions say it is valid for all accounts that were around on April 20, so it would be violating those not to offer it on a purely per-account basis. We'll find out soon enough, I guess. If it is machine limited, I guess I'll take Ratchet and Dead Nation on the Aus account, provided I still get my 60 day extension to my US PS Plus...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The only 2 games i don't own are wipeout and dead nation. I can't see myself ever playing dead nation but i may as well grab it for free.

Maybe we can have a wipeout HD MP night on the weekend? Or sometime in the near future.

Aon

Not one day after I make a thread complaining about the lack of Stereo 3D in the Disc Version of Wipeout HD and Fury, Sony decides to give me the game :D

It's not like I went online with my PS3 anyways ;D

Choc

Banned
the games are shit, sony needs to do more to fix its fuckup

socom 4 will do. It would also encourage tons of people to play on psn as that game really does require it

Stackboy

LA Noire is sounding good, but I think I'll wait until it's much cheaper. I've got DNF soon, as well as new Red Faction and inFamous 2. Too much happy. Plus I still love CODBLOPS and Halo: Reach. And MK.

LOOK AT ALL THE GOOD GAMES GUYS!

Shaneus

Danoss

Well, my delivery arrived this morning. Now installing this "Game of Thrones"... sorry, really bad joke.

On a related Karl Pilkington thing, thanks to those who put me onto The Ricky Gervais Show. I listened to The Ricky Gervais Guide To... season 1 and now on The Ricky Gervais Show season 1 (though A Game of Thrones will put it on hold for a bit). Great stuff.

Top Bottom