• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kind of regretting cancelling my Witcher 2 mega edition preorder... Though with the money I saved by getting it on GOG I can buy a copy of LA Noire, which is good I guess.

jambo

Clipper said:
PSN freebies have been announced.

PS3 Europe (thus AU):
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation

Sweet, been wanting those 2 games.

Choc said:
whats the QR code for
Its just on the paper slip outside the container, put in for the rating and such. The QR gives you a link to the trailer. Not sure why they bothered since ebgames only had 80 of them left as a final shipment available online 2 weeks ago, won't be seeing any of these bad boys in stores.

Danoss said:
What's the skillet doing in the background? Are you planning on eating Geralt's head before playing?
My son is currently chewing on it. :) Sculpture isn't quite as high quality as I had hoped. The goodies are fantastic though.

evlcookie said:
Fuck you reptile, I now want that even though i've purchased the GoG edition.
I knew it would happen to me too so I traded a bunch of games I got cheap into eb for it. Only paid $50 aside from trades. I've also still got 9gb of TW2 sitting on my desktop waiting for GOG to unlock it. :)

ClivePwned said:
it's looking like LA Noire will be the first game I buy locally at full price (well JB's price) since Halo Reach last year.
Reach was only $46 on OzGameShop at launch so I grabbed a copy. Noire is still $60 there so I'll give it a few weeks, or even until we find out how to have all the content in one copy.

Omikron

article-1387527-0C15338200000578-186_634x286.jpg

Always knew he was suss.

Clipper said:
PSP:
LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
ModNation Racers
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation
Oh well guessing ModNation Racers and Killzone Liberation for me. I would like it if they offered other games, sucks when I already have half the games up for offer.

Edit:
Just remember I had registered my old housemates Ps3 on my PSN, I'll have to get some PS3 games for them next time I over at his place.

Choc

Banned
Worthintendo said:
Oh well guessing ModNation Racers and Killzone Liberation for me. I would like it if they offered other games, sucks when I already have half the games up for offer.

good question. What if you own them all already? (not out of the realms of possibility)

Choc

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
I was a PS+ member while PSN was done. It ran out on the 5th of May. Does that mean I get 60 days free since I couldn't access my PS+ during the downtime?

i believe that to be the case yes

Even the retail edition of TW2 requires 28mb of data to be downloaded and installed after the lengthy installation. Was a little annoyed with the ebgames employee who I had to ask to get me the retailer DLC rather than be given it with the game. Any future pre-orders will be made at the main Geelong store rather than the one closer to work.

Bernbaum

I'll be taking Wipeout and R&C. Wipeout will be a game I get just to see how good it looks. InFamuoS or whatever would be orright too I guess but LA Noire will scratch the sandbox itch.

I loved all the R&C games on PS2 and even played the first PSP game.

As for my 2 free PSP games, I really couldn't be fucked. I have LBP and Shitzone: Liberation and downloading the other two will achieve nothing more than chewing up my internet quota.

Brisbane very much wants me to buy LA Noire. There's ads fucking everywhere.

Bernbaum said:
I'll be taking Wipeout and R&C. Wipeout will be a game I get just to see how good it looks. InFamuoS or whatever would be orright too I guess but LA Noire will scratch the sandbox itch.

I loved all the R&C games on PS2 and even played the first PSP game.

As for my 2 free PSP games, I really couldn't be fucked. I have LBP and Shitzone: Liberation and downloading the other two will achieve nothing more than chewing up my internet quota.

I'm getting harassed by house-mate to buy it as well. Also reviews are looking really sturdy.

Don't think i have enough interest in it though. Love the facial animation stuff though

Stackboy

I don't understand why anything has a numbered rating these days. 5 is not an average score, 7 is.

$60 for LA Noire from ozgameshop is tempting.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:

It's a tempting purchase, however I am committed to finishing at least Dragon Age 2 before I order it.

I'd really like to go back and get a copy of Dead Space 2 as well, which I similarly committed to not buying until I'd played some of the crap I already own.

Deeku

Going to get Wipeout. I had it at one point with the gamesharing thing but the mofo on the other end decided to deactivate me.

It sucks that I have the other games already...

abc.net.au said:
British American Tobacco Australia

What kind of a name is that. Can't the government just reply with "No". Then they increase the tax on cigarettes even further, if the companies insist on reducing their prices?

fappenmeister said:
Yep, the Lime and Chilli tastes horrible in comparison to the original. The only chips I'd go out of my way to buy were Chilli Kettle.

Yep, im hoping that their sales dry up so they will bring them back. They have lost me and a few people i know as customers.

It just seems silly to just throw away all their old flavours. The best part is they reduced the amount of grams per pack in the process :D.

Doncamatic said:
What kind of a name is that. Can't the government just reply with "No". Then they increase the tax on cigarettes even further, if the companies insist on reducing their prices?
That's pretty much what they will do, if there ever comes a time that cigarette companies lower their prices. The temptation is too great.

Marshmellow said:
Adventure/Novel/Investiagtion. but with plenty of shooting involved.
Damn it :|

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor said:
Vooks, do you have a copy of Iwata's 2011 GDC keynote lying around? I need some notes.

They had a video of it up somewhere.... but I there's also my recap.

Since LA Noire looks like a one-playthrough game to me, and 20 hours at that, I'm going to wait until it hits at least $40.

Edit: It's already $56 at The Hut, so shouldn't be long...

Fredescu

markot said:
Soooooooo...... Whys rockstar hate PC >_<!
It was originally a PS3 exclusive, and a very very expensive project. Adding 360 would be a no brainer, but a PC version is extra risk that the project didn't need.

As for RDR, they hate the PC I guess. I wonder if GTA4 PC soured them on it completely.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Well someone, said we should watch this space for a PC announcement. So i'm going to say we should never see it.

I'm tempted to pick it up but i will continue to wait. I'm in no rush to play it at this point in time.

Choc

Banned
you said that about SSFIV cookie and u look silly now ;)

Guys

LA Noire is not a rockstar game. It's rockstar published and yes influenced, but Team Bondi had its own ideas and structures in the game well before Rockstar came along

Fredescu

Choc said:
LA Noire is not a rockstar game. It's rockstar published and yes influenced, but Team Bondi had its own ideas and structures in the game well before Rockstar came along
Before Rockstar came along, it was PS3 exclusive right? It's probably safe to say that if Rockstar/Take Two wanted a PC version, they would have got one. Knowing what we do about the project I find the lack of a PC version fairly reasonable. I guess it's easy to say that because I'm not very interested in the game.

Choc

Banned
an idiot abroad got 278k nationally in ratings

highest on the 'new' digital channels (Go,Gem, ONE etc) by a mile last night.

Omikron

Choc said:
an idiot abroad got 278k nationally in ratings

highest on the 'new' digital channels (Go,Gem, ONE etc) by a mile last night.

Surprise, amusing comedy that is worth watching actually gets watched.

Top Bottom