• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Choc

Banned
thats because pensioners have analogue tv's, and like yelling at clouds according to the government

the digital uptake in Australia is shite

Choc said:
an idiot abroad got 278k nationally in ratings
highest on the 'new' digital channels (Go,Gem, ONE etc) by a mile last night.
Maybe society isn't as bad as I thought it was. Although it can never make up for the fact that Arrested Development got cancelled.

Also in gaming related new TW2 is super duper awesome. Alt Tabbed right now. Going back in for more gloriousness before we head out for celebration drinks.
A friend got a new job, not just celebrating TW2

Mar

Choc said:
thats because pensioners have analogue tv's, and like yelling at clouds according to the government

the digital uptake in Australia is shite

Good. The less people watching TV in this country the better I say.

Re: Today Tonight and ACA.

Why do the slow days at work always happen when I am waiting to go home and play something new and awesome?

Can't wait to get home and get stuck into TW2!

Gazunta

Kotaku posted a story about a game being made by one of my co-workers in his spare time. He has not stopped bragging.

In other news, instead of playing witches and noirs I will be playing more Sega Racing All Stars. I like it when the cars beep when you press the beep button. The game is fun and silly.

Clipper

My L.A. Noire is just about to ship from Amazon for essentially $45US + shipping taking into account the $15 coupon you get. Courier shipping is only about $10 more considering I'm buying some other stuff. Those are some really good local prices some of you are getting, though.

Danoss

Omi said:
Surprise, amusing comedy that is worth watching actually gets watched.
Fredescu said:
Almost nine times as many people watched either Today Tonight or A Current Affair.
Although Today Tonight and A Current Affair are comedies (it's like calling Two and a Half Men news), I agree they are not worth watching.

So I'm starting to get interested in L.A Noire. (I do like me some noir stuff)
Kind of wishing I had a PS3 at this point, 3 discs is going to suck if I buy it.

roosters93 said:
So I'm starting to get interested in L.A Noire. (I do like me some noir stuff)
Kind of wishing I had a PS3 at this point, 3 discs is going to suck if I buy it.
So buy a PS3 and quit complaining. Easy fix. Plus you will get free games and PS+! (maybe, does it count for new owners too?)

legend166

Choc said:
an idiot abroad got 278k nationally in ratings

highest on the 'new' digital channels (Go,Gem, ONE etc) by a mile last night.

What.

31 Neighbours Eleven 387,000 70,000 163,000 72,000 40,000 42,000
34 Jonathan Creek 7TWO 331,000 114,000 79,000 54,000 33,000 51,000
36 Heartbeat (R) 7TWO 311,000 77,000 83,000 61,000 49,000 42,000

They all beat An Idiot Abroad.

Damn old people love their 7Two.

reptilescorpio said:
So buy a PS3 and quit complaining. Easy fix. Plus you will get free games and PS+! (maybe, does it count for new owners too?)
Heh, it's hard for me to justify buying a new console for just one game. Especially when I'm trying to save my money to go to Europe.
I think I'd get more out of building a PC than buying a PS3 anyway.

roosters93 said:
Heh, it's hard for me to justify buying a new console for just one game. Especially when I'm trying to save my money to go to Europe.
I think I'd get more out of building a PC than buying a PS3 anyway.
PS3 is great for blu rays and exclusives. Really enjoy the Move titles. Plus the lineup of exclusives made it worth buying for me. Killzone, Uncharted, Infamous, Wipeout, Motorstorm, Demons Souls, Yakuza, Ratchet & Clank and Valkyria Chronicles all make me very happy to own one.
Better to build a solid PC though.

Stackboy

Marshmellow said:
BrisGAF. Requesting your suggestions for places to go for chillout and/or adventure times.

3 Monkeys cafe in West End is really nice for chill times. Good coffee too. Have you been to GoMA yet?

Stackboy said:
3 Monkeys cafe in West End is really nice for chill times. Good coffee too. Have you been to GoMA yet?

I was actually at three monkies sunday night. for the 1st time mind you. not bad

no idea what GoMA is by that abbreviation so ill say no. please explain?

^^^^^^

Gallery of Modern Art.

Stackboy said:
Yes.

You really can't go wrong in West End, honestly.

EDIT:

Also, Verve on Edward St and if you're feeling rich, the Jade Buddha are pretty chill.

Frawdder

Speaking of ONE. Formula 1 qualy on at 12:30 over here in SA and at random times across the country, 3 hours after it is on. All because they want to show football, football, football, football, football and then some football. I wish football would get the fuck off ONE, it's screwing up everything else and is already on Ten, no need to show it again and again and again.

Also, will pick up Wipeout HD/Fury even though I already own Wipeout HD and probably LBP for free and not play that either. Woo!

And will wait for PC version (come on Rockstar, you know you want to) of LA Noire or for a $30-40 special and avoid anything about that game like the plague.

reptilescorpio said:
PS3 is great for blu rays and exclusives. Really enjoy the Move titles. Plus the lineup of exclusives made it worth buying for me. Killzone, Uncharted, Infamous, Wipeout, Motorstorm, Demons Souls, Yakuza, Ratchet & Clank and Valkyria Chronicles all make me very happy to own one.
Better to build a solid PC though.

This would probably push me over the edge if we didn't already get a blu-ray player when we bought our first HDTV a few years ago. (and i love them)

I am a very casual gamer so exclusives don't sway me much. You could probably sum up 90% of my gaming with sports and big franchises like COD and Halo which are all multi-platform. Anything else I am ok with missing out on. Hopefully one day soon I can build a PC and expand my gaming habits.

markot said:
Cant believe more people watched the Bolt Report than insiders >_<

I was curious about this. Sad news. :/

Choc

Banned
Frawd F1 qualifying is on 9:50pm in Sydney

i believe thats live?

if it is, they will stream it live on ONEHD.com.au as they have been

Dead Man

Frawdder said:
Speaking of ONE. Formula 1 qualy on at 12:30 over here in SA and at random times across the country, 3 hours after it is on. All because they want to show football, football, football, football, football and then some football. I wish football would get the fuck off ONE, it's screwing up everything else and is already on Ten, no need to show it again and again and again.

Also, will pick up Wipeout HD/Fury even though I already own Wipeout HD and probably LBP for free and not play that either. Woo!

And will wait for PC version (come on Rockstar, you know you want to) of LA Noire or for a $30-40 special and avoid anything about that game like the plague.
Yeah, agreed on the F1, so much. I have no problem with the footy being on, but if the same game is being shown on another channel, don't duplicate the shit.

Choc said:

i believe thats live?

That's nice for Sydney. Why should SA have a bloody Essendon/Richmond game on 2 channels instead of F1? If it was a local team I could understand it, but not for bloody Essendon or Richmond. According to my guide the AFL isn't live anyway, so just delay one chanel to show the F1. It's rubbish

/chocrant

Bernbaum

Marshmellow said:
BrisGAF. Requesting your suggestions for places to go for chillout and/or adventure times.
I've read almost the entirety of Fables in either of Brisbane's two very wonderful libraries.

Southbank is close, but out of the way, yet hauling arse over there just to read some comics is its own reward. Having such a nice building publicly available is a real treat.

Frawdder

Choc said:

i believe thats live?

Yeah, Sydney seems to the be the only major city that is getting it live. But screw watching the ONEHD stream when I can watch the superior BBC stream.

jambo

Qkvj3.png

Mar

HolyCheck said:

I love my town.

Marshmellow said:
God dammit. Hard drive was indeed scam.

Ebay auction has been removed as far as i can tell.
Paypal dispute submitted. sigh, lol

This couldn't have been more obvious in my opinion. Imagine the money the guy ran away with...

AusGaf, my new iMac arrived...I'm so happy.

Even though it isn't a gaming machine, I think these are my first baby steps towards PCGaf :)

Can't wait to try out some games on this thing, I have NEVER played PC games before so I'm kind of excited.

Who knows, in a couple of years I may even build my own gaming PC.

Top Bottom