• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Marshmellow said:
sutton where ma $20 at?

ahahaha. oh well. i think the only appropriate thing to say here would be >

obvious scam was obvious.

Shite :(

What do I have to do to get my $20 back, that could buy like 3 steam games with these sales :)

Edit: I owe everyone who bought the HDD a beer at the next AusGaf meet-up. Sorry.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sutton Dagger said:
AusGaf, my new iMac arrived...I'm so happy.

Even though it isn't a gaming machine, I think these are my first baby steps towards PCGaf :)

Can't wait to try out some games on this thing, I have NEVER played PC games before so I'm kind of excited.

Who knows, in a couple of years I may even build my own gaming PC.

My iMac is a couple years old and still plays all the good stuff (at high, not at native rez though). New one should be the bomb! Get Windows on it too and play everything.

Salazar

Sutton Dagger said:
Who knows, in a couple of years I may even build my own gaming PC.

Awww yeah.

I managed to accumulate two imacs, a Macbook, and a Macbook Pro. Now my PC is ALMOST MINE. I CAN TASTE IT.

VOOK said:
My iMac is a couple years old and still plays all the good stuff (at high, not at native rez though). New one should be the bomb! Get Windows on it too and play everything.

Awesome. I got the BTO i7 with 6970m 2Gb, it should look better than 360/PS3 right?

Should I wait for the Steam Deals to get some games? I want to get:

Crysis 1 & 2
Orange box (never played HL2 or episodes)
Witcher 1 (then 2 later on)
Civ 5

Fredescu

Sutton Dagger said:
Crysis 1 & 2
Civ 5
With the Witcher 1, buy it on GoG for $5 http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher
Civ 5 buy at Ozgameshop for $22 - http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/sid-meiers-civilization-v-5-game-pc

Civ 5 is Steamworks so it will add to Steam if you buy at retail. Witcher 1 won't, but you should get familiar with GoG anyway since they have some cool stuff.

The other two I would wait for sales.

Fredescu said:
With the Witcher 1, buy it on GoG for $5 http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/the_witcher
Civ 5 buy at Ozgameshop for $22 - http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/sid-meiers-civilization-v-5-game-pc

Civ 5 is Steamworks so it will add to Steam. Witcher 1 won't, but you should get familiar with GoG anyway since they have some cool stuff.

The other two I would wait for sales.

Cheers mate. So some games can be bought from retail and added to steam? I would like it if all my games load through Steam, it seems like the easiest method, especially since I don't know anything about PC gaming.

I'm so excited, it's a whole new platform that I have never experienced. With these Steam sales, I can't get over how much cheaper it is than console gaming. I predict my 360/PS3/Wii are going to be collecting dust from now on. :)

So how do I get added to AusGaf's Steam group, I don't have any PC gaming friends. :(

Cohsae

Jintor said:
I can't stop whistling the No More Heroes theme under my breath. This has been going on for the last few days.
It's all about the Bad Girl theme. Or at least it's all about those few seconds where it goes all crazy electro style.

Agyar

Marshmellow said:
God dammit. Hard drive was indeed scam.

Ebay auction has been removed as far as i can tell.
Paypal dispute submitted. sigh, lol

Wait, people in here were actually buying them? I thought you idiots were being ironic.

I was expecting it to be something like this but obviously it wasn't even that awesome.

Frawdder said:
Also, will pick up Wipeout HD/Fury even though I already own Wipeout HD
Heh, same here. Love Wipeout HD even though I suck at it so I would love to have the Fury expansion.

Omi said:
No invert mouse option in Witcher 2 could be fun. Heh. Hoping it isn't true.
Just edit the .ini until they patch the option in. The OT already has the details on how to do it. Along with dozens of hilarious posts outraged at CD Projekt RED for not catering to their every self-important needs. I would have thought with the massive PSN outage that gamers would understand that companies can't just click their fingers and make everyone happy at day negative zero. Also the game is fuck off awesome.

Marshmellow said:
God dammit. Hard drive was indeed scam.
LULZ. Did he at least leave positive feedback for you guys?

Salazar said:
Wanted to pick up Dawn of War II at the same time, but my wallet power was weak.
Dawn of War 2 and both expansions $32, DoW 2 and First Expansion $17

Salazar said:
I'd better see about a Steam account, I guess.
Some retail games allow for redemption on Steam too, all the steamworks titles will along with some old ones. Also Steam just moved from weekly deals to daily deals. Stupidly cheap games every day. Painful on the wallet and painful on the backlog.

Salazar said:
That's ludicrously cheaper. Grazie. I can run these fine, yeah ?
Check this site, make sure you pass RECOMMENDED not just minimum. Also once you get used to remembering your CPU and graphics card just check the wiki page for the game. Basically if you have a quad core and recent graphics card you can play anything on decent settings.

legend166

reptilescorpio said:
Heh, same here. Love Wipeout HD even though I suck at it so I would love to have the Fury expansion.

Just edit the .ini until they patch the option in. The OT already has the details on how to do it. Along with dozens of hilarious posts outraged at CD Projekt RED for not catering to their every self-important needs. I would have thought with the massive PSN outage that gamers would understand that companies can't just click their fingers and make everyone happy at day negative zero. Also the game is fuck off awesome.

LULZ. Did he at least leave positive feedback for you guys?

Dawn of War 2 and both expansions $32, DoW 2 and First Expansion $17

Top class marks, would scam again A++++++++++++

legend166

Salazar said:
HNNNNNGGGGGGGG.

That's ludicrously cheaper. Grazie. I can run these fine, yeah ?

I'd better see about a Steam account, I guess.

You really won't need to ask that question for another two years. Unless you decide to buy a new monitor and want to start running things higher than 1080p. You're set.

Salazar

DOWII Gold bought.

Feels strange not to be paying large sums for games I really want.

Delta Goodrem & a Jonas brother makes me mad.

Madrical

Banned
Has anyone bought Terraria? Thinking about buying a 4 pack but I'd like some impressions first. For $10 it doesn't have to be amazing heh.

Danoss said:
May need network card drivers. Put your OSX disc in and you can install all necessary drivers and such from there.

Fuck me, I put the wrong disk in :( I put the iLife disk in. How do i eject it in Windows, the mouse isn't working cause the drivers aren't installed. Key board Nav is really hard.

Danoss

Sutton Dagger said:
Back on track. Thanks for the advice, it's installing the bootcamp drivers now.
No probs :)

DualShadow said:
Steam is saying 16,206.3MB
I believe Steam downloads the completed install and the GOG version is the compressed install files. Both should be ~16GB once downloaded and installed.

Madrical said:
Has anyone bought Terraria? Thinking about buying a 4 pack but I'd like some impressions first. For $10 it doesn't have to be amazing heh.

A bunch of my friends bought it and they have been playing it for like 10 hours straight now. I might have to check it out.

Jintor

Sutton Dagger said:
Shite :(

What do I have to do to get my $20 back, that could buy like 3 steam games with these sales :)

Edit: I owe everyone who bought the HDD a beer at the next AusGaf meet-up. Sorry.

I'll take that offer!

Anyway, open a dispute with paypal, and then if that doesn't stick escalate the bugger.

Rahk

Sutton Dagger said:
Awesome. I got the BTO i7 with 6970m 2Gb, it should look better than 360/PS3 right?

Should I wait for the Steam Deals to get some games? I want to get:

Crysis 1 & 2
Civ 5
I can probably hook you up with some games as I still have some spare gift copies to give away, so don't buy Orange Box just yet. On one condition! You join Steam chat and/or IRC somewhat regularly.

I won't be on Steam until probably Friday though so it will have to wait till then.

Mar

Gazunta said:
Kotaku posted a story about a game being made by one of my co-workers in his spare time. He has not stopped bragging.

You jelly?...

But yeah. I said it before his first job in the industry and I'll say it again. If there's anyone that belongs there it's him. He's very dedicated to his work.

Rahk said:
I can probably hook you up with some games as I still have some spare gift copies to give away, so don't buy Orange Box just yet. On one condition! You join Steam chat and/or IRC somewhat regularly.

I won't be on Steam until probably Friday though so it will have to wait till then.

Dude, I couldn't do that. I would pay you for it.

I will definitely try to join Steam chat whenever I can, have Uni most days so it is a little on and off atm. I just tried to join Steam Chat just then, but apparently I need to have a game first :)

markot

Banned
fyi

20110504043616_jb6.jpg

Crysis 1 and warhead, batman AA and Farcry 2(?) for $40 bucks is a pretty nice deal >.>!

Madrical

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
A bunch of my friends bought it and they have been playing it for like 10 hours straight now. I might have to check it out.
We should look into getting an AusGAF server running. I read you can have up to 8 players on the one server. Not sure what it'd involve though.

Fredescu

Mega, you get a free game if you buy two, so they're $12.66 each. Also Crysis is the maximum edition, making it $12.66 retail vs $30 on Steam.

Top Bottom