• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

So what's everyone's plans this weekend?

For me it's trying not to lose my balance which is why, like always, I will be seated in a chair! I've got 10 episode of homeland to watch tomorrow. The first ep sucked me in and it's getting praise on gaf and from a few ausgaffers.

Then it's battlefield 3 back to kark and some tf2 since its Christmas I guess. Hopefully there's a few ausgaffers floating around for some terrible battle log party group bf3.

Homeland has grown on me, I'm hooked.

Also shall be going for a surf tomorrow.

Yagharek

Rightyo, so now having finished Skyward Sword comes the time to take the disc out of the drive and find the next game to play.

Three choices come to mind:
Ocarina of Time
Xenoblade
Metroid Prime

Of course I have to pack up and move house in mid/late January, so I dont know how long I have for any of them. It took me 3.5 weeks to knock over SS.

I'm thinking I might forego all 3 and play Oddworld Stranger again (out next week and much shorter). Then get stuck right into Xenoblade.

I was extremely happy to finish my Teacher Research Project only a few hours ago. Now I come home to the news that one of the greatest public intellectuals of our time, Christopher Hitchens, has passed away. His writings have had a profound impact on my life in recent years, it's such a terrible way to go.

Yagharek

I was extremely happy to finish my Teacher Research Project only a few hours ago. Now I come home to the news that one of the greatest public intellectuals of our time, Christopher Hitchens, has passed away. His writings have had a profound impact on my life in recent years, it's such a terrible way to go.

I'm listening to that radio interview you posted in the Hitchens thread. Amazing so far.

Omikron

Rightyo, so now having finished Skyward Sword comes the time to take the disc out of the drive and find the next game to play.

Three choices come to mind:
Ocarina of Time
Xenoblade
Metroid Prime

Of course I have to pack up and move house in mid/late January, so I dont know how long I have for any of them. It took me 3.5 weeks to knock over SS.

I'm thinking I might forego all 3 and play Oddworld Stranger again (out next week and much shorter). Then get stuck right into Xenoblade.

Skyrim.

Yagharek

In all honesty, it's a time and lack of interest thing. I generally have very little free time for games, so I am extremely picky about what I play. Developer reputation and past experiences play a big role in discriminating games, and skyrim fails on both counts on my standard.

Personally, I also have the medieval fantasy world itch being scratched by ASOIAF books right now too. So whilst Im sure the world of TESV is absorbing and fun to explore, I'm not likely to be interrupted by pages freezing and locking up, and having to put the book down for 5 minutes every hour to reset the words.

Rezbit

Damn Stuart Macgill looks so OLD

T20 Big Bash about to get started. Feel nothing toward it but hope the competition is entertaining.

Salazar

Season 1 of Entourage.

This had better be ok. I remember some of you telling me it was good.

Edit: Yeah, this shit is funny already.

Fogz

Really want to play that but I'll wait till those jokers get around to doing something with the PC version which I bought day 1 like a chump

Echoplx

u4L83.png

I Christmasified your avatar if you want it Vince

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I remember when someone wanted to create an ausgaf doodles website with whatever the heck we draw when bored / on the phone.

This is essentially what i do. Just strange lines for some random fucking reason, I have NO idea why but it's always similar. http://i.imgur.com/oRSnk.jpg

I never try to draw people and if i do i usually just branch off into more straight lines that randomly connect
KuGsj.gif

shanshan

::knockknockknock:::

shanshan

shanshan

shanshan

shanshan

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zeldas too fucking hard.

took me 50 minutes to get INTO the first temple... then the first skutulla took me 10 + :( I give up

Ydahs

Creating a platforming engine from scratch is very time consuming. I'm enjoying it, but it's like trying to re-invent the wheel and know what you're doing now is actually going to work once it's finally complete.
zeldas too fucking hard.

took me 50 minutes to get INTO the first temple... then the first skutulla took me 10 + :( I give up

You mean 50 minutes from the start of the game to the first temple? That took me over 3 hours...

HolyCheck

aah, with the
pink crystal things you had to shoot?
Yeah that took me a bit to figure out too.

Yup... I spent a good chunk of time shooting my slingshot at the sun.. and flying my bird towards the sun.. and landing on small islands and shooting at the sun..

Unless I'm reading it in her English voice :p

Yup... I spent a good chunk of time shooting my slingshot at the sun.. and flying my bird towards the sun.. and landing on small islands and shooting at the sun..

This is one of the best things about playing with someone. If my boyfriend wasn't around I think I would have given up. I'm not so great at figuring these kind of things out on my own -_-

HolyCheck

Unless I'm reading it in her English voice :p

This is one of the best things about playing with someone. If my boyfriend wasn't around I think I would have given up. I'm not so great at figuring these kind of things out on my own -_-

I just clicked that english voice link too.. omfg.

Shaneus

So, caught up with reptile, he's a stand-up dude. Though I'm a little curious as to why, when someone else at Fed Square was calling out "Jase" to their mate... he flinched. I think I'm onto something.

HolyCheck

So, caught up with reptile, he's a stand-up dude. Though I'm a little curious as to why, when someone else at Fed Square was calling out "Jase" to their mate... he flinched. I think I'm onto something.

You're just whoring yourself out to meet us all now aren't you! ADMIT IT!

lololol

Salazar

Watching Hitchens videos. It's not that I refuse on emotional grounds to believe that he is dead. It is just, as an impression, as a fact, difficult to receive when you watch and hear him.

Gazunta

Man, being the only sober person in the room at the work Christmas party makes for a loooong night.

One week left of work and then two weeks off! I'm toying with the idea of not drawing comics for one of those weeks and just working on the website and books instead.

Or maybe play video games! What are good ones?

Jintor

So yesterday I spent most of the day dicking around in Reach Firefight (which is still, seriously, amazing fun) and also in four-player Rayman Origins. I played through a fair amount co-op with my brother, but I have to say: that game is four-player MADNESS. We hadn't played Super Mario Bros co-op before, but given what I've seen on GB, that seemed about right. It was so much crazy fun.

Metroid Fusion continues to be as good as I remember, although there is a lot of 'well, these things will activate when you bomb them, but there's no indication as to that' and that's kind of annoying.

I wasn't expecting the industry drinks night to be so great, but I spent most of it chatting with Tracey and Serrels and James, so it turned out pretty good. Disney karaoke was promised, but unfortunately not delivered.

Shaneus

And it only gets better, then slightly worse.
And then significantly worse.

Trying to get some sleep after a night of
sober, semi-[
raving is proving to be a struggle when, at 9 fucking o'clock, one of the neighbours is mowing lawns and whipper-snippering. Fucking seriously. I'm on about 4 hours sleep since Thursday and I think I'm going to cry :(

Top Bottom