• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Jintor

My main bother is that I have to like, add and remove the remote every time I start up Dolphin. Probably won't be a problem once I get into longer play sessions, but at the moment when I'm tweaking it's pissing me off.

What settings are you using to get a stable framerate, Rakh?

/edit OH MAN I unchecked one box and now it's smooth as fuck. Fuck yes this game is going to be amazing.

Jintor

I think I'm in love with this videogame.

And I haven't even played any game yet.

There goes my carefully constructed 'videogames are systems' argument.

Salazar

American politics is so ludicrously terrifying.

Newt saying he will ignore Supreme Court judgements, impeach justices he doesn't like, and abolish courts that annoy him.

What the fuck. Seriously. The only people that fucking insane in Australian politics live in bunkers taking apart and reassembling guns.

guidop

American politics is so ludicrously terrifying.

Newt saying he will ignore Supreme Court judgements, impeach justices he doesn't like, and abolish courts that annoy him.

What the fuck. Seriously. The only people that fucking insane in Australian politics live in bunkers taking apart and reassembling guns.

That wasn't the most troubling thing though it was the rawkus applause he got after he said it

@Shaneus I see your Ben Lee - Cigarettes Will Kill You and raise you Killing Heidi - Weir. Actually heard that Killing Heidi song in the gym the other day got crazy flashbacks to year 7 crazy times.

Shaneus

Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich
Bless you.

My apologies. I've never know exactly when the appropriate (?) time to launch into yo momma jokes is.
I do. See? Easy!

@Shaneus I see your Ben Lee - Cigarettes Will Kill You and raise you Killing Heidi - Weir. Actually heard that Killing Heidi song in the gym the other day got crazy flashbacks to year 7 crazy times.
Nice. I was heartbroken when I saw footage of them live a few years after that track and Ella had dyed her hair (or let it go natural back to) blonde. Brunette > blonde in all cases. All. Cases.

I asked yesterday but didn't see any answer. Is the JB two for $40 in-store, and if so is it still on? There's nothing on the website about it except on the online store.

Oh dear, with my current manager leaving my new manager has been announced and it's the manager no one really wants (and who micromanages the crap out of everyone, which is totally the opposite of how I prefer to be managed), and this position will be seen (by him) as a demotion. Next year is going to be interesting.

What did they play? Heritage or random shit? What time did it finish?

Heritage and a few tunes off Still Life, Watershed and MAYH. They played Slither and Folklore which made my night. No growls at all this time. Some dude was thrilled I was wearing a Genesis tshirt. Their performance was flawless which was surprising, I'd only seen them once before in 2004 but I was too blind to remember a thing.

It was over by around 11:30 or so, early night.

i spent all weekend playing old republic

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

game is fuckin awesome.

Indeed it is Choc, got about two mates into it now too. Which server are you on?

I dropped my 360S off at the Post Office Last tuesday morning. I've sent it back to MS to get repaired using the Australia Post option. After one week, this is my status according to the online status checker

Screenshot2011-12-19at103831AM.png

I'm hoping the apparent lack of movement is down to Australia Post not necessarily scanning mail the way couriers do.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I haven't really gotten into the TF2 stuff this christmas yet. I played it for maybe 1hr over the weekend and idled overnight for items.

I will look into it a little later on tonight and see if it's been fully updated.

There's also a ton of steam christmas achievements for games, I wonder what those will be for this year.

All this TOR talk is making me want to play WoW again. Simply because i never liked starwars and it's just WoW with a different skin. Must resist.

Gazunta

Morning all. Are we all in holiday mode yet? I'm not :/

I went to a local Christmas carols last night. They had some video footage to go with some of the songs, and all of it was shot outside the Krome offices. I thought I was hallucinating. I WILL NEVER ESCAPE THAT BUILDING, EVER

I miss that place sometimes

In other news, I now own an Xbox. I don't know why. I figure it'll be an emulation machine for the man cage next year. Are there any easy guides for this?

hamchan

I'm reading that TOR is Star Wars WoW yet still feels like Kotor somehow. Looking forward to it if it is Kotor 3, though I already read the Revan and Jedi Exile spoilers on the Star Wars wiki oops lol.

I'm reading that TOR is Star Wars WoW yet still feels like Kotor somehow.
I only played during the stress test, but outside of main story missions (e.g. when travelling, buying stuff or crappy fetch quests), it felt like generic MMORPG #46, but during interesting story missions, felt like KOTOR lite.

Morning all. Are we all in holiday mode yet? I'm not :/

I went to a local Christmas carols last night. They had some video footage to go with some of the songs, and all of it was shot outside the Krome offices. I thought I was hallucinating. I WILL NEVER ESCAPE THAT BUILDING, EVER

what fucking depressing hipster carols did you go to?

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF Dungeons And Dragons - Night 3
When: Tonight! 5PM is unofficial pre-setup as usual, with the game actually starting at 7PM. We will play until around 11PM (give or take).

Who:
Aon - GM
---
Kritz - Dwarf Cleric
Banana - Tiefling Wizard
Clipper - Human Pali
Rahk - Drow Rouge
Don - Minotaur Fighter
Marshmellow - Longtooth Shifter
Orbi - Gnome Bard
Jintor - Something something

also Jambo and someone else maybe? edit: HolyCheck, I think.

Let us know who's actually attending. We maaay have to miss a few people depending on numbers, as with six people, rounds are already going for a real long time and generally DnD isn't a game designed for parties of more than 4-5 people.

Jintor

I'm in. I'll send clipper my char sheet once I'm done with this article. It's not actually all that different from the original.

=

Talking about games in our 100 000th post. Disappoint.

i was like 1 second from having that.
curse you donc.

I dropped my 360S off at the Post Office Last tuesday morning. I've sent it back to MS to get repaired using the Australia Post option. After one week, this is my status according to the online status checker

Screenshot2011-12-19at103831AM.png

I'm hoping the apparent lack of movement is down to Australia Post not necessarily scanning mail the way couriers do.
by the looks of it they stole your 360 and gave you a wii instead. i hope its not one of these new ones with no ports or BC. :S

Kritz

Banned
OTHER DND STUFF

So depending on how many people we get who want to play DND tonight, we probably will have to start cutting people. So far the most likely people to be playing are

Me, Banana, Clipper, Don, Rahk, Jintor.

We can maybe add one or two more people on there, but the experience isn't going to be as good as you'd want with a party of 8 players. What's been suggested is splitting the party and have two separate, inter-connected campaigns. Aon will be hosting the regulars, and I'll DM the other group.

We won't be able to do it on the same night as Aon's game, as I'll still be a character in Aon's game. There could be the possibility of, during the games, both parties intersecting and swapping out members into eachother's games and such. Note that I've only GMed once, and when I did, it wasn't very good because I kept trying to kill the party. >_>

If Holy, Marshmellow, Jambo, Orbi (who doesn't read ausgaf) and anyone else not in the main game like this idea, let me know and we can try to arrange another game.

You can still come and listen on the mumble and be a spectator to the game tonight if we can't actually get your character in.

My timetable this week is pretty decent, save for Thursday and the weekend because Christmas. Note that in January I will be guest-DMing Aon's game for two weeks while he's in Vietnam. So I'll try and make a campaign for that, too.

Basically, this DnD thing might be, as Aon put it, a victim of its own success. Woo.

Top Bottom