• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

IdDBE.jpg

Spent the morning at the beach and then after lunch at the park on the other side of the road from the beach. Not to packed but plenty to look at, sun was out early and the surf was choppy and fun. Little guy loved the hell out of it, no fear in him for the water. I will be a bronzed god tomorrow.

Do i want this?
YES. If you enjoyed either Infamous at all you will love the spin off apparently. They throw out the notion of reality and just have fun with it. Kind of like the shift from Saints Row 1 to 2 (or 3). Plus it is standalone so you don't even need the earlier games. For $8 it is a steal.

Surprised you haven't seen this before reptile! Their other video has more views than Friday.
Had seen it but the gf brought it to my attention again this morning (I assume it was on one of the morning programs) and didn't remember it popping up here.

Mainly brought it up because I love the 4 chord genre, like a warm hug on a bleak day of reality. Ball Park Music and Foster The People have really brightened up this year for me.

http://www.wastedonsteam.com/usd/id/reptilescorpio Doesn't seem to account for some games I played? Plus I only started using this account since The Orange Box. Cost/hour is a bit of a moot point since it uses current prices not what you paid. Had no idea I spent 7.5 hours on Metro before throwing in the towel! Nice to see OpForce up there with 7.7 hours. So damn good. I want more Gearbox/Valve!

So for all the games on your list that have 0.1 hours playtime, have you actually booted up all those games for a couple of minutes or is that just a reporting error on the site.
Steam Sale cheevos! Install, insert savegame from internet, win!
Joking Jambo, you good people

Choc

Banned
how have we not discussed stratfor yet

that shit is HUGE

they are a security consulting company (one arm is) and they just got hacked to pieces.

and many rich peoples cc's are flying about.

Choc

Banned
Stratfor Global Intelligence is an Austin, Tex.-based security “think tank” that releases a daily newsletter concerning security and intelligence matters all over the world. The company’s clients include the Defense Department, Lockheed Martin and Bank of America

An independent analysis by data loss and identity theft prevention service Identity Finder says that, so far, 9,651 active credit cards, 47,680 unique e-mail addresses, 25,680 unique phone numbers and 44,188 encrypted passwords were hacked from the A through M name list

Stratfor looks especially bad in this instance because the credit card data was not encrypted

Therefore Stratfor is not PCI compliant in the storage of CC data and they will be liable for losses not MC, AMEX and VISA

how have we not discussed stratfor yet

that shit is HUGE

they are a security consulting company (one arm is) and they just got hacked to pieces.

and many rich peoples cc's are flying about.

Crikey. That is a big scalp. Less than 10,000 cc numbers taken though which is less than I expected. Bad news though.

Choc

Banned
They didn't encrypt the credit card data? What the fuck?

and are a security company

in other crazy news, ASUS is being sued by Hasbro because of its Transformer Prime tablet name

smh, companies need to get the fuck over it. IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A TRANSFORMER TOY

d4533

For those of you playing SWTOR, what server are you playing on and are you having any issues with queues? I was looking at the server status page and the two unofficial Australian severs seemed to be listed as Full at all times. Is anyone playing on the gaf sever? That seemed like it would be better during Aus prime times.

Choc

Banned
For those of you playing SWTOR, what server are you playing on and are you having any issues with queues? I was looking at the server status page and the two unofficial Australian severs seemed to be listed as Full at all times. Is anyone playing on the gaf sever? That seemed like it would be better during Aus prime times.

gaf server has queues during the day but ok at night. Kellers void btw

also some network guy just laid the fucking smack on bioware on the official forums for not using virtualization for their server farm.

he's right you know....

Should I buy Shogun 2 and add it to my collection of never being played unless my family disowns me and move to Paraguay?

Wish those Serious Sam 3 codes were back up, that is one game I would definitely play.

but the cc's they stole probably have 50k limits not some peasant psn users :p
Much more likely that any fraudulent transactions will be picked up on then as those higher limit cards would be watched like a hawk.

also some network guy just laid the fucking smack on bioware on the official forums for not using virtualization for their server farm.

he's right you know....
Gotta think about those profit margins dude.

Choc

Banned
Should I buy Shogun 2 and add it to my collection of never being played unless my family disowns me and move to Paraguay?

Wish those Serious Sam 3 codes were back up, that is one game I would definitely play.

Much more likely that any fraudulent transactions will be picked up on then as those higher limit cards would be watched like a hawk.

Gotta think about those profit margins dude.

its actually cheaper to virtualize because it takes less floor space to run the same amount of servers.

and it also provides better redundancy. A server shat itself last night and looks like it needed a manual reboot. With VSphere they could have had it up again in 5 seconds (a backup server monitoring the IP address and when it fails, kicks in)

Shaneus

in other crazy news, ASUS is being sued by Hasbro because of its Transformer Prime tablet name

smh, companies need to get the fuck over it. IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A TRANSFORMER TOY
Fuck, now I want to buy one just to put an Autobot sticker on there.

Edit: Also, my brother bought a manual-loading Nerf gun just for shits and giggles. For shits and giggles, I'm buying this one. Had no idea Nerf guns were so cheap!

Fusebox

Banned
Edit: Also, my brother bought a manual-loading Nerf gun just for shits and giggles. For shits and giggles, I'm buying this one. Had no idea Nerf guns were so cheap!

I bought the Maverick pistol from Big W for $9 and took it to work, it's fantastic! Great range and power for a toy. Wish they had shit like that around when I was a kid.

Jintor

I did. If those $12 codes aren't up by the end of the Christmas sale I'm going to pick up SS3 off Steam anyway when the flashback deals go out.

its actually cheaper to virtualize because it takes less floor space to run the same amount of servers.
Need to pay for someone capable of doing that though ;)

I did. If those $12 codes aren't up by the end of the Christmas sale I'm going to pick up SS3 off Steam anyway when the flashback deals go out.
You talked me into it. But now I have to download 15Gb? Lame.

Virtualising servers isn't exactly a niche skill.
I was making a joke of the abilities/choices of the current staff members more than making a point. Bioware irritate me at the moment so I take the time to make fun if possible. Bethesda are worse though.

Shaneus

I bought the Maverick pistol from Big W for $9 and took it to work, it's fantastic! Great range and power for a toy. Wish they had shit like that around when I was a kid.
Yeah, that's the one my brother bought. I was thinking that one was pretty cool, but one that runs on batteries and can be modded is even better (and not that much more expensive).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I need to stop looking at /r/battlestations and the 2012 setup pic thread in gaming. It makes me want a place of my own even more, Building a projector, setting up a giant screen. Touch screen controls for the HTPC, an actual HTPC!

Without a doubt I need to score a awesome paying job.

I think robbing a bank might just be easier.

The X3 cheevo is the Chime cheevo of this sale. Made me hate an otherwise incredible game. Got my piece of coal though!

I think robbing a bank might just be easier.
ccatpreview2.gif

Just suck up to some old people. Have a couple of houses in a few years easily. My boss was a cop and one of his partners used to make a dozen stops a day to old grannies who he paid attention to so he could get written into the will as they didn't have anyone else in their life and he and his wife ended up flipping quite a few.

Just suck up to some old people. Have a couple of houses in a few years easily. My boss was a cop and one of his partners used to make a dozen stops a day to old grannies who he paid attention to so he could get written into the will as they didn't have anyone else in their life and he and his wife ended up flipping quite a few.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Did he do this with the express purpose of getting into their wills? I want to dislike this but it seems like it is mutually beneficial to both parties: cop gets some dollars and the granny gets a friend she wouldn't have otherwise who she sees regularly.

Omikron

Go see tintin, it is amazing.

Fantastic action sequences, fun adventure, epic nostalgia for me in particular. The animation was also super impressive, loved the style.

I've given up on even trying to get a proper one here.
Hey you had the chance to have a fantastic specimen here in Warrnambool! Would have knocked your socks off.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Did he do this with the express purpose of getting into their wills? I want to dislike this but it seems like it is mutually beneficial to both parties: cop gets some dollars and the granny gets a friend she wouldn't have otherwise who she sees regularly.
He did it all for the money. Not like they were going to give their houses to anyone deserving any way. A hell of a lot go to the Catholic church who then flip them no different to what he was doing, aside from the fact that they don't' have to pay anywhere near as many fees so they make an insane profit from them.

He ended up getting quietly booted off into retirement when he got busted digging up a box full of drug money that he had buried a few years earlier. Went to dig it up at 3am and an amateur photographer wondered what the hell was going on and got a snap of him. He said that he had gotten an "anonymous tip that there was drug money buried there". No evidence of the call of course. He already had plenty from the houses and the cars too. Back in the 80's if a car was found abandoned they had to wait 3 months before putting out a notice for people to claim the car, he used to sign his wife's maiden name and they would get some cash for it down at the wreckers. Police force cottoned onto it eventually which is why you have to give evidence that it is yours nowadays.

Work gives me lots of great stories about the Melbourne police force in the 80's. Best one is when my boss went undercover in gay bars to stop a series of bashings. Entertaining.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey you had the chance to have a fantastic specimen here in Warrnambool! Would have knocked your socks off.

He did it all for the money. Not like they were going to give their houses to anyone deserving any way. A hell of a lot go to the Catholic church who then flip them no different to what he was doing, aside from the fact that they don't' have to pay anywhere near as many fees so they make an insane profit from them.

He ended up getting quietly booted off into retirement when he got busted digging up a box full of drug money that he had buried a few years earlier. Went to dig it up at 3am and an amateur photographer wondered what the hell was going on and got a snap of him. He said that he had gotten an "anonymous tip that there was drug money buried there". No evidence of the call of course. He already had plenty from the houses and the cars too. Back in the 80's if a car was found abandoned they had to wait 3 months before putting out a notice for people to claim the car, he used to sign his wife's maiden name and they would get some cash for it down at the wreckers. Police force cottoned onto it eventually which is why you have to give evidence that it is yours nowadays.

Work gives me lots of great stories about the Melbourne police force in the 80's. Best one is when my boss went undercover in gay bars to stop a series of bashings. Entertaining.

my last great hope are the country towns :) so I will try it one day

Yagharek

In the future, no products will be made. Companies will simply make money by licensing and suing others for tenuous cases of unauthorised name association.

Top Bottom