• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
:lol

Here:
CBpBo.jpg

ty <3

Deeku

If there's anything I've learnt from the MvC3 threads (and largely from the internet in general, but it kind of feels more diverse in the FCG threads) it's that it doesn't matter who you are or what you look like: on the internet, I only give two shits about the contributions you can make to a decent conversation.
True, I just find it strange. Most posters you would be like "oh yeah, he/she looks like how I imagined him/her to be". But then when they don't, it blows my mind!

Shaneus

So, AusGAF. Where have I been the last few hours?

* Hanging with my folks out in Murgheboluc while they help organise (as they do every year) a blues music New Year's thing. Awesome weather was awesome and even being out only 30mins or so from Geelong made the air seem so much fresher. Aside from the joints that were being passed around, that is.
* Buying Nerf guns. Ended up buying two. One manual (the one Fusebox mentioned) and the next step up, a battery operated one.
* Modifying Nerf gun A. After fuck knows how much testing and modifying and retesting, I finally have the manual-load bugger shooting optimally. 5c coin mod (putting coins in where the main spring is for increased chamber pressure), air restrictor removal (for more powah) and working out how to reduce the gap between the chamber and the turret. If anyone feels like they want to do just tinker with something (I've been jonesing for it for a while) but not with anything incredibly expensive, head down to Kmart or Big W and grab the Nerf Maverick for no more than $10. You can tinker with it and modify it to your heart's content and spend as much as you want while you do it. Everything I did today (which seems to give it around 50% more distance) cost absolutely nothing, but if you so choose you can create double-barrel ones (I think) and paint and do all sorts of stupid shit.

Oh, is Serrels' appearance on national TV today anywhere to be found online? I must've missed it by 10 seconds :(

AusGAF needs to get on this Real Pic January! idea. Will help future AusGAF meetups get rid of the uncertain hello.
It is done. Early, too! Old pic though, infinitely better looking a year later than in that one (bahahaha).

Jintor

gamesvideogames is a great name for a tumblr site and a slightly less good name for an actual website, mainly because it's been taken by domain squatters and also because it's kind of long. Considering paying for a domain name, hosting and a custom wordpress theme just to have a fancy portfolio/blog site... but I need a good name...

maladroid

AusGAF needs to get on this Real Pic January! idea. Will help future AusGAF meetups get rid of the uncertain hello.
It's nice to see so many AusGAFians participating. Almost got me tempted to join in myself, but when I look for pics, I realise I'm not very photogenic. :S This never fails to get a chuckle out of me when I visit that thread, though.

highasfuck-1.png

Perfect combo.

Hope y'all have a great NYE (and a merry new year in advance)!

No free game cheevo today Valve? Nice. Anyone got a copy of Day Of Defeat Source they don't want? You still got all those Valve games Omi?

Also I got burnt at the beach. As always. Applied sunscreen AT the beach rather than before we left. My shoulders. My poor shoulders. So much for having the kid up on them tonight at the miniature railway news years fair. Parenting fail.

Most people in here have either posted photos in this thread or have posted in the 2011 pics thread. Which is why I am hit with a pang of disappointment every time I read a Salazar post as I know he is indeed not his avatar.

My dad does have a beard, but I don't. fml
It will get there young grasshopper. I barely had any facial hair in high school and now I can't get rid of the damn stuff.

So the anti-new-gambling-legislation campaign is kind of hilarious.
Pfft! I don't want no Octogenarians flying no planes! That is stupidly dangerous! Doesn't anyone watch South Park? He also looks pretty damn spritely for someone over 80.

If I do the jan photo thing I'll have to take a new pic, what with the beard and all.
Yep my current holiday beard is looking quite nice and deserves a spot in the photo.

Considering paying for a domain name, hosting and a custom wordpress theme just to have a fancy portfolio/blog site... but I need a good name...
gamesgamesgames
gamesgamesvideogames
petermollyneux'sseveredego

EDIT: Spent an hour last night trying to get the cheevo in Binding of Isaac and couldn't ever get the bugger to appear in the bonus room. Check the cheevo list site today at it turns out if you change the last 63 in the serial.txt file of the game folder to 64 it just GIVES you the cheevo... >_<

Great game though at least!

Anyone not got a copy of Portal want one? It is just sitting there, mocking me with how little it is needed by anyone.

don't type in the dark... sigh I cant even remember what I was meant to say

something about SS

I took it as apologising for the late delivery of something Secret Santa related?

Shaneus

Shit. I was kinda waiting for Driver to go cheap but if it's still $25 as a daily even on the US store, I'll pass. Shouldn't it have bomba'd by now?!?

New Idle Thumbs archives looks great. Also easy to find Remo's songs! Now in mp3 format!

Man I could go for some bacon right now.

Also Day of Defeat crashes when I die. Going in the Crap pile once I am done with the cheevo.

Jintor

So far the only domain name idea I've had which I like and that hasn't been taken is GigaGaia or GigaGaea. It's a pity it doesn't really mean anything, but I guess most sites don't.

Fine. Let's do this Real Avatar thing.

Playing games. Really want to finish up Arkham City and only have the Riddler Puzzles to go, of which I've done about 75%. It's getting monotonous just flapping about and solving riddles so I spent some time last night with the combat rooms. Early on in those things I felt like a bad ass. If the games chucks 20 people at me I'm a ass kicking machine set to maximum kickassery. As soon as it add knife, stun baton, shield and padded foes my world crumbles around me. I know what I need to do, my fingers and non Batman uber brain just can't cope.

Hopefully I can finish off the riddles today and then blast through a New Game+. That will end my time with Arkham City. Enjoyable but possibly too much and too unfocused to be truly better than it's predecessor.

Jintor

Jintor

The main reason I liked Citizen Game was... well, obviously, it was a great Citizen Kane pun. now you're just replacing movie words with game :<

Sorry Legend, I have no idea who that is. I just reposted a tumblr gif.

I quite like gigagaia actually...

The main reason I liked Citizen Game was... well, obviously, it was a great Citizen Kane pun. now you're just replacing movie words with game :<
Grim Fandango man! One of the best games of all time!

In the current age of gaming a site called Downloadable Content would be catchy.

guidop

Itsagamingblog? Soyouthinkyougotvideogame? Asianmencantvideogamejournalist? kritz.net? thingsaboutgames? megamegood? ohwhataman? writing/games/me? itsonmysite? zeldahalomario? *yourname*ongames? writingsofgreatsuccess? with the accronym wogs gamecaravans? interactivethoughts? gameingage? startyourgames? startyoursavefile? bethesdatester? backinmyconsole? loadingthoughts? epicepicgamingblog? motioncon? microton? badboychristoforo? insertidea? dowloadcommencing? darkroomtiredeyes? trustmeimanexpert(tmiae)? verifiedneogafaccount? gamesgloriousgames? quotemenow? droppingthembombs? aerithdies? isthatright? idbuythatonsteam? neverbeenonabc24? idoresearch? onthe7thgame? yearlyeditions? fanboydelusions? hidefjournalism? portingthoughts? fantraslatedteachings? notcomingtoamerica? eviloreismyhomeboy? timetoupgrade? newconsolecycle? callofdignity? eatakeovertarget? buymyscore? dayoneunlock? criticalhitting? plagarisedbykotaku? haventplayit? prereleasehype?

There! Half n' hour of creative thought, most are pretty dumb but I quite like backinmyconsole

legend166

Sorry Legend, I have no idea who that is. I just reposted a tumblr gif.

I quite like gigagaia actually...

Wait are you talking to me?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hey ausGAF im sure there are some UFC fans in here...how do you guys get your UFC fix, i usualy just go to a my closest sportsbar but today im too lazy to actually go there.(Saving energy for NYE)

Any websites that deliver stable UFC streams?
When i was in the US yahoo sport had a stream and it was nice and fast, i dont know how fast it will be when trying to connect from Australia.(If anyone uses Yahoo Sports can comment excellent)

Top Bottom