• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Kritz

Banned
GJZQvl.jpg

dat view

dat headache :<

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
LA Noire is only $12.50. Fuck.

Yea pretty much what i'm thinking. It's locked at 30fps though and there is a mod to fix the black bars if you want to run it at 1920x1200.

For 12.50 ... It might be worth giving at shot. Would prefer if it was $5 though :D

Kritz

Banned
aaand alternate picture

ZfNiyl.jpg

I am no expert but that was a lot of beer. I think I have sweat / pissed out most of it already. Was a great night. Dnd wrapped up surprisingly well, despite the GM at one point being literally unable to operate his ipad to get to rules / storylines / the game board.

It is so much easier to roleplay in the flesh. Most of us even got super into character voices and stuff. Lots of fun.

Kritz

Banned
fuuuuuck I need to play some live D&D

what's up witches, last night was totally sweet. Live fireworks are live.

Paly: Oh yeah we should totally go into the mystical enchanted forest at night time, good idea guys.
Cleric: I roll to detect sarcasm!
*rolls a 1*
Ranger (me): SOUNDS LEGIT GUYS, LET'S GO!
Halfling Ranger: no time to lose!

*party takes single step into enchanted forest, the entire area gets blocked off by magical vines, combat encounter with five level 9 dryads, they have combat advantage*

Paly: are you guys for real

DM: Just for that, there is now a sixth dryad.

Jintor

lol just noticed that I cut one of my toes

my current theory is that part of my toenails broke off and embedded in my foot

eeeew... That sounds horribly painful...

So I'm off to woodford today, but I did end up taking some cup photos last night in between playing the back to the future game with the bf :p

hNtBY.png

or

me looking 12

YI4ev.png

Jintor

The second one makes you look like someone I know. Also, it does not make it look like a cup-eye monster is devouring your face.

2012. Every year I get antsy about having parties go on around me (when I'm at home) and every year it's as quiet as the grave (ahhh bliss)

Stayed home and watched Shakespeare in Love and North By Northwest blurays with the missus and the cat. Going to my parents for a BBQ this arvo hoping to get the coin in the orange cake (don't ask, it's tradition)

I can't bring myself to buy Skyrim since I know 24 hours after I order it, I will get an email from Zavvi or the Hut saying it's $20. Cheapest PC ATM is about $45 with however the fuck it takes to turn up from thehut

remz

Fucking neighbour mowing his lawn at 7:30 this morning FUUUUUUUUU

it's tragic enough he was doing it that early ona s unday morning, but the facts it's new years day should like, make it totally illegal man

I feel pretty good considering the amount of beer I drank. Woowoo.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Alice Madness Returns finished! First game to finish in 2012 and a game off my backlog.

Fuck i enjoyed it. It certainly wasn't perfect but what a fun and twisted fucking game. I think what i really enjoyed was the pacing of combat and exploration. It never sat there throwing enemies at you for 20 minutes straight like other games. 5 guys, maybe 7 max and that was it for 10 + minutes, Then it was back to exploring and platforming.

Plus Alice was hot. Yea! 3D polygon hotness.

It only took me 12 hours? Damn it felt like a lot longer than that.

Working on New Years is balls. Especially when its at a newspaper and nothing is happening. I think everyone in this whole town is too hungover to do anything news worthy.

Sounds like you're backing out of the challenge. That's a shame because what I was prepared to do would have amounted a massive legal bill.

Jintor

By the way, I'm not sure if the SecondApp MobileGaf site access is a drug enabler or a convenient way to keep in touch with Ausgaf

Jintor

Just splashed out on a website. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat am I doooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Jintor

I have a few k-pop adherents on my tumblr feed, it would seem

tumblr_lx3nflpxuH1qdcel5o1_500.gif

Anyway, looks like I have to wait for the domain name to propagate before I can start editing in earnest. So... Skyward Sword, I guess. Or I might just read all of this Azumanga Daioh...

d4533

Just splashed out on a website. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat am I doooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

I must have missed something over the last couple of pages. What kind of website are you setting up? Also, once it becomes popular and well read will you disappear like Mar?

Also, seems I've made a horrible misjudgement and I have no food in the house. The shops are open on New Years day right?

Hey has anyone ever sent a handheld thru Australia Post? My buddy has a 3DS to send to me and is saying that Aus Post won't send a device in the air that has a battery. Is he full of shit? I want him to just throw it in an express bag but will they pull it from the post?

Deeku

Hey has anyone ever sent a handheld thru Australia Post? My buddy has a 3DS to send to me and is saying that Aus Post won't send a device in the air that has a battery. Is he full of shit? I want him to just throw it in an express bag but will they pull it from the post?
http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/customer-guidelines-for-lithium-batteries.pdf

Also, seems I've made a horrible misjudgement and I have no food in the house. The shops are open on New Years day right?
They're open in Sydney apparently, tomorrow as well.

I must have missed something over the last couple of pages. What kind of website are you setting up? Also, once it becomes popular and well read will you disappear like Mar?

Mar :/
What's his website again? I don't recall anything about it anymore heh.

Dead Man

I have a few k-pop adherents on my tumblr feed, it would seem

tumblr_lx3nflpxuH1qdcel5o1_500.gif

Anyway, looks like I have to wait for the domain name to propagate before I can start editing in earnest. So... Skyward Sword, I guess. Or I might just read all of this Azumanga Daioh...

Never have arseless girls looked so good ;)

I so do love Bit Trip Beat but I so do suck at it.

EDIT: RPS has fallen off my 8 most visted sites tab in Chrome. I haven't enjoyed John Walker for a while now, just seems salty and bitter about everything lately. The new guy is fantastic though.

LA Noire is only $12.50. Fuck.

Don't do it, broken port apparently. Runs like shit and looks like shit (well, looks a lot worse than it should on the PC). Also the game isn't very good. A lot of half ideas and things that weren't executed properly. Even the flaunted facial capture stuff gets creepy after the first hour or so. Kinda like Drake touching the walls in UC3. Mediocre game.

Plus a USB so it is even BETTER times all round!

So I'm off to woodford today, but I did end up taking some cup photos last night in between playing the back to the future game with the bf :p

hNtBY.png

Winner, gotta continue the 'cover the face with cup' trend.

Also did you still want Portal or what?

Plus Alice was hot. Yea! 3D polygon hotness.

It only took me 12 hours? Damn it felt like a lot longer than that.
Loved it. Loved the art direction and the general feel of the game, much more of an adventure game than anything else. Also 12 hours is the perfect length for a game like that in my opinion, plenty of games that run for 8 hours that disappoint because they don't make the most of their mechanics to get another high quality 1/3 out of the game.

Someone recommend me a keyboard + mouse for <$80.
I was rocking the Logitech MK710 combo until I got a new mouse and it was fantastic. Still using the keyboard until I can find a mechanical one I like. I think I paid $70 from LogitechShop back in the day, might be able to find it on clearance at Harvey Norman or something.

Omikron

I think I am done with Steam achievements, any that I could get, I can't really be bothered with, the Magicka one broke my soul trying to get to grips with the combo nature of it and the grindiness of the achievement.

Adventure Gamers Top 100 (and more!) Graphic Adventures. This shit made me rage. Hard. They rate the pretty cool but not an adventure game at all Stacking at 37? And LA Noire at 33?
&#9531;&#9473;&#9531; &#65077;&#9584;(°&#9633;°)&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;
Not to mention some silly choices like the Myst and Gabriel Knight games in the wrong order. My opinion is the only one that is correct.

I think I am done with Steam achievements, any that I could get, I can't really be bothered with, the Magicka one broke my soul trying to get to grips with the combo nature of it and the grindiness of the achievement.
Did you get it in the end?

Top Bottom