• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

legend166

So I hate New Years Eve. Partially because I'm a non-drinking shut in, and partially because I think fireworks are zzzzzzzzZZZZzzzZZz. Except now my brother is making me go to Sirius Cove Point with him, his fiancée, and some of her friends). Apparently you can't even see the bridge from that place. What's the point? Might as well walk outside my front door and look up.

It's not going to top last years NYE, which was spent by me in my room alone having a Mad Men marathon. Best NYE ever.

Darklord

Banned
So I hate New Years Eve. Partially because I'm a non-drinking shut in, and partially because I think fireworks are zzzzzzzzZZZZzzzZZz. Except now my brother is making me go to Sirius Cove Point with him, his fiancée, and some of her friends). Apparently you can't even see the bridge from that place. What's the point? Might as well walk outside my front door and look up.

It's not going to top last years NYE, which was spent by me in my room alone having a Mad Men marathon. Best NYE ever.

I also hate NYE because nothing ever happens for me. I've never had a good NYE in my life. I've either got work or am sick or just don't go out. This year? Not going out. Sucks not having friends in the same state as you. :[

Deeku

Last NYE I had a little party with friends and watched the fireworks. Most of them are overseas at the moment so it's more of a family thing this year. I'll be bumming around at my parent's house watching Kohaku (Jpop nye music show) and then walking down to the beach with everyone for the midnight fireworks.

Sal, if you're around during the night, you should watch Kohaku. Snsd and Kara will be performing thanks to the "korean boom" in Japan now. I'm sure someone will be streaming it somewhere online. Starts in 2 hours!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Last NYE I had a little party with friends and watched the fireworks. Most of them are overseas at the moment so it's more of a family thing this year. I'll be bumming around at my parent's house watching Kohaku (Jpop nye music show) and then walking down to the beach with everyone for the midnight fireworks.

Sal, if you're around during the night, you should watch Kohaku. Snsd and Kara will be performing thanks to the "korean boom" in Japan now. I'm sure someone will be streaming it somewhere online. Starts in 2 hours!

I'm sadly keen, post a link if you get one :p

I also hate NYE because nothing ever happens for me. I've never had a good NYE in my life. I've either got work or am sick or just don't go out. This year? Not going out. Sucks not having friends in the same state as you. :[

Yeah, this is the second year in a row my parents have guilted me into babysitting -_- Boyfriend gets off at 9 though, so there is hope yet. Most years my friends and I would have a game night, but this year they've all been invited to a party hosted by someone I don't know very well, thus the lack of invite :(

Cup photos are going terribly, but I'll get something eventually.

HolyCheck

Yeah, this is the second year in a row my parents have guilted me into babysitting -_- Boyfriend gets off at 9 though, so there is hope yet. Most years my friends and I would have a game night, but this year they've all been invited to a party hosted by someone I don't know very well, thus the lack of invite :(

Cup photos are going terribly, but I'll get something eventually.

shanshan you're needed in the steam chat

Kritz

Banned
40 bottles of beer and a DnD campaign. This night's going to go well.

XJVjfl.jpg

Guys im going on holiday. ill pop in to steam a few times maybe for sales. I will miss dnd though so im sure your all excited about that. Ill admit Im a little jealous of kritzs nye. I will be spending mine probably playing batman aa.
See you in a week.
Ciao

r1chard

NYE is good. I got together with my wife NYE 98-99. Tonight we're living it up with some good food and ... Jewel of the Nile. Oh yeah.

(stupid local council isn't putting on fireworks this year)

Deeku

damn it i meant deek! I got confused, kpop was involved!
Hah, I was just in the middle of making a post! It's actually not on yet, I forgot the time difference was 2 hours instead of 1:/ So yeah, the show starts in 15 minutes.

BUT, Kara and snsd aren't on until the second half according to the program guide, so unless you want to watch Jpop singers (like my avatar who is the 3rd act:D) do their thing, maybe check back in two hours.

Googling found me this, not sure if it will work though, but it does say they will stream it. There are a bunch of links on the side to click so check those when the time comes:

http://soshified.com/pages/videostreaming

I'm sure someone will stream it on justintv jp though so check there as well.

I'm actually watching it downstairs in the living room since my parents have nhk, so I might come back and post when it's almost kpop time and find some links for you if you're desperate to watch lol.

Cobden is not a place for my child. Not until he goes on the dole and gets some tattoos and fathers 7 skanks children and rests empty shot glasses on their head while throwing darts.

Salazar

Googling found me this, not sure if it will work though, but it does say they will stream it. There are a bunch of links on the side to click so check those when the time comes:

Yeah, I was planning to flip to the Soshified stream - it looks like it'll only kick in for Kohaku when Soshi are on.

I assume SNSD must have prerecorded their Gayo thing. I'm happy to just wake up to an avalanche of videos and gifs, though - and there is a bit of football to watch tonight.

Deeku

Yeah, I was planning to flip to the Soshified stream - it looks like it'll only kick in for Kohaku when Soshi are on.

I assume SNSD must have prerecorded their Gayo thing. I'm happy to just wake up to an avalanche of videos and gifs, though - and there is a bit of football to watch tonight.
That would suck, I thought everything would be live apart from the reported lady gaga appearance.

Probably the last post of the year then. Happy New Year AusGAF! See y'all in 2012!

HolyCheck

Hah, I was just in the middle of making a post! It's actually not on yet, I forgot the time difference was 2 hours instead of 1:/ So yeah, the show starts in 15 minutes.

BUT, Kara and snsd aren't on until the second half according to the program guide, so unless you want to watch Jpop singers (like my avatar who is the 3rd act:D) do their thing, maybe check back in two hours.

I'm sure someone will stream it on justintv jp though so check there as well.

I'm actually watching it downstairs in the living room since my parents have nhk, so I might come back and post when it's almost kpop time and find some links for you if you're desperate to watch lol.

yeah only want to see the kpop : ) will check back then if im concious

Clipper

How about pictures of other people?

iplRXl.jpg

When you posted the other pic, I was going to ask if the person in the background of the picture was that guy that dressed up as a girl for your gaming nights... Now I don't need to ask.

Also, I can guarantee to the rest of AusGAF that Kritz is not in that pic :p.

Phone tethering didnt work. Who wants to buy my steam games for the.next 2 days :( no council fireworks here either but locals picked up the.slack.

Happy New Year AusGAF! Sitting on the balcony waiting for the fireworks with a beer in hand along with 5 kinds of cheese and crackers. Fuck yes.

Here is a sneak peak of my article on the Cobden Miniature Railway Faire & Fireworks Extravaganza from tonight. That is their title, not mine.

20111231_200157ftoum.jpg

This was before he cracked the poops at not being allowed to play on all the Carnies equipment. Also before 5 hours of refusing to fall asleep until the car ride home at 10:30pm

Took a photo to whack up as an avatar and realise I need both a haircut and a shave of some sort. Man what a fucking slob :D
Nah everybody loves the half-hobo look these days! Don't even get told by my boss to shave which is great. While my hair gradually pisses off on me I will be enjoying the light beard approach. One day when the top is cleared I shall cosplay as the Judge from Ace Attorney.

God damn at the Roots, undun.
If you have ever enjoyed a hiphop album, you need this. Amazing.
Missed this post but it is certainly correct. Been playing the 360 album a lot too.

How about pictures of other people?
DAT VIEW! Your place or you got some Moneybags McDuck on your D&D team? Or is that just how Tasmanians roll like South Australian's living in caves underground?

Top Bottom