• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Rezbit

Honestly I'm a little intimidated by your striking looks + the cup.

As a random aside I wish amazon would hurry up with my books. I bought the Sprawl trilogy and two of the Void trilogy books (so now I have all three). Sci-fi will be good after slogging through Ice and Fire.

Honestly I'm a little intimidated by your striking looks + the cup.
That was actually me choking to death on a Hot Wheels that my son left in my glass of milk. That man is gone. All that remains is his computer sitting here waiting for someone to come back and allow me use of my infinite capabilities. You could not imagine the irony of all the power in me that I can never actually use myself.

d4533

Success!

The stores are open, and I now have food. Although this heat in Melbourne is acting as a fine appetite suppressant. I haven't eaten anything all day and I'm not actually hungry. Im sure this will change later on tonight.

Whilst walking the aisle I came across a dvd stand they was selling a new "buddies" dvd soI looked it up on IMDB.

First off, who knew this was the spiritual successor to the Air Bud films, and secondly they made 10 of these things.

I'm not sure on the quality of these movies, but someone must be buying them. But that could have something to do with the awesome covers the dvds have.

Whilst walking the aisle I came across a dvd stand they was selling a new "buddies" dvd soI looked it up on IMDB.

First off, who knew this was the spiritual successor to the Air Bud films, and secondly they made 10 of these things.

I'm not sure on the quality of these movies, but someone must be buying them. But that could have something to do with the awesome covers the dvds have.

Snow Buddies was pretty sweet. Also I have eaten nothing but Allansford Vintage Cheese all day. And drank Carltons. I feel a bit off.

I saw the original back in the day, liked it then probably wouldn't be able to get through the cheese factor today.

Space Buddies which is direct-to-video had a budget of 9 million. Yikes

Omikron

This heat is pretty ridiculous, hasn't been a particularly hot summer, so today is hitting hard. High 30s out my way today.

Have you been to the Cheese Museum in Allansford ?

Indeed I have! Only about 10 minutes from our house here. My Dad loved all the old engines and the little guy loved the cheese tasting. Nothing overly impressive but I do enjoy some nice tasting cheese.They do a fantastic garlic cheddar.

Oh man I must have been such a dork in high school listening to all the lame industrial bands I got into tangentially from Nine Inch Nails. Nitzer Ebb have some good tracks but man they look stupid. They also have a VEVO account which I find funny as all hell.

EDIT: The new chick on Save Point is super hot. Slightly more entertaining show than Good Game. Still wouldn't watch every week though.

midonnay

I saw the original back in the day, liked it then probably wouldn't be able to get through the cheese factor today.

Space Buddies which is direct-to-video had a budget of 9 million. Yikes

goddamn, thats more than many mainstream australian releases

This heat is pretty ridiculous, hasn't been a particularly hot summer, so today is hitting hard. High 30s out my way today.

dawn of the final year..... the fireworks was a sign ._.

r1chard

Haven't left the house today. Spent as much time as possible in the airconditioned inside wandering the snowy wastes of Skyrim :)

Dead Man

No aircon, car radiator is fried, and 41 here today. :/ Fuck 40 again tomorrow, 35 on Tuesday is looking cool.

Apparently it only hit 30 here today? Felt like high 30's. Sitting here all day in my PJ bottoms and sweltering. And tomorrow is meant to be 40 here?!?

BRB going to freeze myself in the freezer until tomorrow night.

Hey has anyone ever sent a handheld thru Australia Post? My buddy has a 3DS to send to me and is saying that Aus Post won't send a device in the air that has a battery. Is he full of shit? I want him to just throw it in an express bag but will they pull it from the post?

You'd have to be very unlucky for them to pick up on it.

Yagharek

Oh yay, Eurogamer published my comment in their reader's top 50. Try to guess which one (its quite cynical).

Edit:

Can we do an AusGAF 2012 Gaming Predictions and Resolutions list? Be nice to see how accurate we are come this time next year.

5 predictions / 3 resolutions per poster?

Dead Man

Can we do an AusGAF 2012 Gaming Predictions and Resolutions list? Be nice to see how accurate we are come this time next year.

5 predictions / 3 resolutions per poster?

Predictions:
1 Vita flops hard
2 Ubisoft renames itself Tom Clany's: Imagine
3 UC4 is announced with a new protagonist
4 Vita is released in US
5 Valve admit Ep3 is never arriving.

Resolutions:
1 Play Skyrim
2 Reduce backlog (lol)
3 Reduce backlog (if I have it it twice, it might happen)

hamchan

I have only one prediction, that being I will play less games as I slowly mature and enter society until eventually, years later, I'm just playing one game a year, that game being Call of Duty every night for an hour.

Also the world will end this year.

Yagharek

Predictions:
1 Vita flops hard
2 Ubisoft renames itself Tom Clany's: Imagine
3 UC4 is announced with a new protagonist
4 Vita is released in US
5 Valve admit Ep3 is never arriving.

Resolutions:
1 Play Skyrim
2 Reduce backlog (lol)
3 Reduce backlog (if I have it it twice, it might happen)

That's more like it.

Predictions
1. XBox 3 is unveiled to cries of abandonment and rage from the core (strong Kinect focus)
2. Half Life 3 is released in/around November 2012
3. A Vita hardware revision is announced, but no 3DS revision.
4. Pikmin 3 gets an Edge 10 and is hailed as the greatest launch game since Mario 64.
5. Either iOS or Facebook game sales/use contracts significantly, causing a sharemarket run on either Zynga or Popcap. One of these two will suffer a major share price drop (double digits, cries of fad over, Silicon Valley bubble 2.0)

(edit: removed classic PC series update and Wii U Steam support).

Resolutions
1. Play and finish Ocarina of Time for the first time
2. Finish getting all rainbows on PixelJunk Monsters (and Encore)
3. Beat a Metroid game

Ruffian announce a spiritual sequel to Crackdown.

A new Ridge Racer will be announced to launch alongside the WiiU.

I will resolve to enjoy Max Payne 3 as it is delivered to me, critically not emotionally.

My dream would be for Bill Tiller to join Double Fine and get a hold of the Monkey Island IP but I know that Telltale have first dibs and that Tiller is doing okay out on his own.

Omikron

Steam Sale this year has brought some good stuff. Really enjoying Trine atm, up to the Mines section already, hopefully polish it off on my last day of holidays tomorrow and maybe fit in some Bastion before getting back into nightly Skyrim sessions.

Rezbit

Speaking of cricket, really enjoyed the Big Bash game at Bellerive. Massive crowd for that ground, too. Great atmosphere, good fun.

He probably already has it shanshan! Rep gifted me a couple of games to get me properly on to steam, then Aon and Fred gifted me stuff too. Great blokes.

Yagharek

Predictions edited in light of Ultima4free.

Speaking of cricket, really enjoyed the Big Bash game at Bellerive. Massive crowd for that ground, too. Great atmosphere, good fun.

Just saw the news. 12000. Havent seen/been to any match with a crowd like that in Tas since the 1991 TFL grand final.

I would very much like portal :D

I feel bad taking it though :s This is a conundrum..
I already own it and I payed nothing for this copy. It has been free in the past several times. I also only paid $80 for it 4 or 5 years ago along with 4 other games and then rebought the whole 5 game pack again on PC 3 years ago for $25. I also bought Portal on XBLA.

As I look at it in my inventory it has less value to me than a 33% off Valve voucher.
I'll try and put it through tomorrow if I don't melt to death, steam ID is reptilescorpio

Top Bottom