• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fucking hell that is ridiculous. Being more like North Korea, Afghanistan and Iran is exactly what we should be aiming for as a country. I normally ignore arsehole's who post chains like that, but if I see it I'm going to tell them they are racist cunts.

X-Com TBS by firaxis yes yes yes yes yes

Holy shit. My life will be complete

Jintor

GTA 3 vs GTA 4 script

gta3_gta4_scripts1.jpg

But where's GTA Harbour City?

A MORBIDLY obese man who fell through his loungeroom floor sued the Department of Housing and claimed discrimination on the grounds the property was unable to support his 250kg frame.
I don't agree to the "discrimination claim" but I'd like to think there is validity in expecting any house to be able to take 250kg.

Shaneus

Git 'im, Gaz!

A MORBIDLY obese man who fell through his loungeroom floor sued the Department of Housing and claimed discrimination on the grounds the property was unable to support his 250kg frame.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/wan...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1226237848060#ixzz1icw9BS7O
Ahahahahahahaha. That deserves a thread. Possibly a Germany/Australia/Floreda? one.

I don't agree to the "discrimination claim" but I'd like to think there is validity in expecting any house to be able to take 250kg.
Yeah, you'd think so... but maybe it's 250kg in addition to what's already a hefty mass of empty pizza boxes, rags on sticks, recording equipment and dial-up restaurant pamphlets.

I wonder if that 250kg also includes his medical alert bracelet? The one that has to be 30cm long to fit around his wrist and says "What the fuck do you think?!?"

Damn, I'm unnecessarily scathing about this dude. But if you get to that size, you've only yourself to blame.

Edit: He's dropped down to 125kg so that's better, I guess. But none of the stuff he said in the article rhymed. Some "rapper".

X-Com TBS by firaxis yes yes yes yes yes
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Admittedly, I'm not a connoisseur of a decent schnitz/parmy so on the scale of things they could well be shit, but they're here if you want to give them a crack. They also have blackcurrant Bulmers in a bottle. So, so, so good.
DOW is tempting but NO I WILL NOT SPEND MORE MONEY ON GAMES I WILL NEVER PLAY.

Is that place down next to the PAC and the higher level Cop Shop? Strange spot.

Great news!

we have food stamps in Australia dontchaknow
Really? Never heard of them, even through DoH. Most people just get money in their accounts.

This is the kind of shit I have to deal with every day.

GTA 3 vs GTA 4 script
GTA3 WAS BETTER

250kg? In public housing? So every inch of the house needs to be re-purposed at the tax payers expense for him? I would lay some blame at the housing worker who was stupid enough to put him in that house in the first place. We had a job not that long ago for an obese man and we spent $10,000 widening doorways and replacing the flooring for this very reason. Also replaced a fantastic looking bathroom just so he could have an open shower. There are plenty of other houses that would have been more suitable but that is the one that the tenant demanded and the housing officer bent over backwards to avoid causing a stink (although most tenants will cause a stink regardless by the looks of it).

All good though since all the money for this comes from taxpayers! Oh, also a lot of these tenants pay less than $200 a week for 3 bedroom house that range from old and rundown shitholes that should be bulldozed to palaces. Some places if rented out privately would bring in $500-600 a week they are that nice.

Also defending the case will come out of tax payer dollars too. Very nice.

Choc

Banned
ham swtor going down AGAIN tonight

3 nights in a row

fuckin bioware, wtf stop making patches that break rthings and then requiring a new patch every 24 hours

Rezbit

ham swtor going down AGAIN tonight

3 nights in a row

fuckin bioware, wtf stop making patches that break rthings and then requiring a new patch every 24 hours

As soon as I get tempted to play it I hear stuff like this and it puts me off all over again.

Fredescu

Choc said:
what if there was a 250, a 100 and a 120?

i dunno what a house is supposed to hold

should it hold a ton?
I don't know the answers to any of those questions, but it strikes me that a reasonable number of people totalling 250kg could be on the same floorboard and cause the same problem. Discrimination doesn't seem like the right angle.

Deeku

I don't know the answers to any of those questions, but it strikes me that a reasonable number of people totalling 250kg could be on the same floorboard and cause the same problem. Discrimination doesn't seem like the right angle.
Yeah probably more negligence than discrimination.

Dude fell through the floor. It's reasonable to expect every inch of the house to be able to handle 3 x 80kg people, no?

when a carer moved a lounge so Mr Douglas could sweep the floor, he fell through to the ground below
So the floor could support the weight of the couch as well as his 250kg weight but him standing on it suddenly decided to give way? Seems like something else in play, most likely termites as had been found in the house elsewhere. In that case it would be on the dude who did the termite check. Even then I am not sure how legally binding a statement on that would be since it would be impossible to know if the termites came back unless the tenant reported it.

The fact the case was thrown out makes me think it was just a desperate attempt for cash to fast track his OG rapping career.

The court found Mr Douglas was free to refuse the property and apply for alternative residential tenancies.
It also found Mr Douglas had imposed conditions on where he lived, having asked the department to find him a home in the Macquarie Fields area.
he could have applied for another house but is STILL living there.

Big Daddy Douglas said:
"You might remember me, I was on Today Tonight, they said I was too fat to be a dad.
"I am still in the house, it is still shit."
Doesn't even rhyme :(

ajim

OK..SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years… for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the Australian Border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt... RE-POST if you agree
Wow.

Finally. Thought the master was going to bat all day. Clarke doing it himself. Deflected off Haddin? If Huss didn't grab it I would have been calling for Haddin to have a stick shoved up his arse and paraded down the streets of Sydney tonight.

I started Infamous: Blood Whatever last night, so fucking good. Over the top and just perfect, so much fun. Best DLC I have played on PSN by far.

EDIT: BOOM ANOTHER WICKET. Nice work Ham. Danger men are out. Will Dohni go the tonk again or play out the next 2 days? I'm sure the SCG would love to sell some tickets tomorrow so hopefully they will still be in the hunt at the end of the day.

Speaking of X-COM....

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/964/

Complete pack for $5

</reptilescorpio>

Do I already have it? I am sure I would have grabbed it in a Steam Sale before, it has been that price a few times. Maybe I didn't? I have all the games in super old grandpa CD (and floppy) format so maybe when they popped up on Steam I thought the best of grabbing them again. I don't know what to think.

ANYWAY no better time for a replay! Hopefully the guaranteed 5/5 Firaxis version comes out next week. That would certainly make my week.

Claaaaaaaaaarke.

You guys have no idea how smug I am right now.
Quite chubbed are we again? :)

Rezbit

Lol Legend with the smug so thick it's polluting the air.

I'm glad you were wrong about Hilf though! Imagine if Bollinger was in the team...lol.

legend166

Lol Legend with the smug so thick it's polluting the air.

I'm glad you were wrong about Hilf though! Imagine if Bollinger was in the team...lol.

So am I!

I'm always glad to be proven wrong when a player performs. We were all wrong about Ponting too, and it's fantastic.

Choc

Banned
Aircraft engineers have called for Airbus and airlines including Qantas to inspect their fleets of A380s as a matter of priority after tiny cracks were discovered in the wings of five superjumbos worldwide.

Airbus has confirmed that the cracks were found in various parts in the feet of the wing-rib attachments of five superjumbos – one belonging to Qantas, two to Singapore Airlines, one to Emirates and one of Airbus's development aircraft.

will prompt more of this

stickernogo.jpg

Top Bottom