• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

I have a question for all of AusGAF. I need some buck's night activities. We've got strippers and waitresses, but I feel like something needs to happen during the night beyond just us getting plastered and messing with the groom.

The only buck's night I've been to before started at a pub a mate managed and never ended up leaving. We had such big plans too.....
Pay some people to stage kidnapping of the groom. Hilarious. At least it was when we played an April Fools prank at uni.

Jintor

Spotted by a friend at Cockatoo island...

386087_10151012230550332_769065331_21759944_1001420606_n.jpg

Choc

Banned
he is suppose dto end up in his undies (or naked if you really are arseholes) handcuffed to a powerpole

until daylight

Yagharek

5under1and? :p

I did actually enjoy seeing them win last week vs Citeh.

Not going to drag that in here. Local rivalry really only applies for locals. Ive followed Newcastle since 97 courtesy of a family friend, but thats only ever been a long distance relationship.

pilonv1

Grill'd is pretty good. Burgerlicious is probably my other favourite.

There's a place in Crows Nest that lets you make your own burger called The Counter, it's really good.

edit: <--- hopeless Spurs fan since I can remember watching football as a child.

Rahk

I wonder how 24 hour Kmarts make money during evenings? Is there much demand for toasters or whatever at 3AM?

Grill'd is pretty good. Burgerlicious is probably my other favourite.

There's a place in Crows Nest that lets you make your own burger called The Counter, it's really good.

edit: <--- hopeless Spurs fan since I can remember watching football as a child.
Bro fist for the Spurs since my best mate got me onto them through Foxtel. Geronimo!

Also Back To The Future is free on PSN+ which is about the right price for it. Didn't sit well for me but hey, free trophy playthrough I can't complain.

Salazar

Also, this might be the first time I've ever seen Newcastle beat Man Utd outside of a flashback show.

Season is crazy. Spurs last won the league when it was shown in black and white. If United continue to get battered like this, they could well overtake us.

I wonder how 24 hour Kmarts make money during evenings? Is there much demand for toasters or whatever at 3AM?
Our microwave burnt out at 9pm when our son was 2 months old and needed bottles all the time. $50 later and a short drive later and we were good to go. Still works great after replacing a hella old hand-me-down.

Yagharek

Season is crazy. Spurs last won the league when it was shown in black and white. If United continue to get battered like this, they could well overtake us.

Anyone but Man City winning it would be fine. Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal are most likely after Utd.

Also, this is funny:

lgZ4i.gif

I'm saving that one.

You may not know/remember, but about 10 years ago all Kmarts (at least in Vic) were open 24/7... It didn't last long.

There is still one near me. Whenever I've gone late at night (usually when on the way home from somewhere) it's always busy. Always.

Shaneus

None here or in Geelong either! Bullshit. Burger Edge was pretty good when my mate worked there.

Fuck I could go a Parma right now from the good ole Wharf Shed.
You should totes give the parma a crack at the Bush Inn. Pretty damn good. Also, a friend helps manage there.

Spotted by a friend at Cockatoo island...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/386087_10151012230550332_769065331_21759944_1001420606_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What's the deal with that... looks like graffiti, but also a promo thing for the game?

Jintor

Probably someone just wanted to paint cookie monster on a wall

Dark Souls is pretty bloody infuriating, only half in a good way. When my lock-on autotargeted a firebomber three miles away instead of the sword dude in front of me and I turned around 90 degrees and fell of a cliff, losing 2000 souls since I was on a corpse run, I threw my hands in the air and walked.

You may not know/remember, but about 10 years ago all Kmarts (at least in Vic) were open 24/7... It didn't last long.

There is still one near me. Whenever I've gone late at night (usually when on the way home from somewhere) it's always busy. Always.

well yeah what the fuck else is there to do at 4 in the morning.

SmokinDan

Real pic away! All sweaty because of perth weather.

Also, my parents bought the microwave I have at the moment about 30 years ago.

Still going strong.

I like purple and I want this mouse. More of an Optimus kid though.

You should totes give the parma a crack at the Bush Inn. Pretty damn good. Also, a friend helps manage there.
Never heard of it, where is it setup?

I hate it when a microwave goes. Horrible sound, sometimes a horrible smell.
The stench was quite bad. Also big black mark inside the microwave was enough for me to quickly grab my keys before the boy got cranky.

Also, my parents bought the microwave I have at the moment about 30 years ago.
Yeah it was from the in-laws and looked ancient. Still worked fine and heated things almost as well as the current one before giving up the ghost. Massive behemoth though.

So many premier league posers in this thread.
No you are. I don't have the energy or time to watch any more. Used to enjoy heading up to the common room when I was living on residence and catch up with all the Zim guys while playing pool and watching the matches. Being a pizza bum meant my mate and I could watch all the Soccer, Basketball, NFL and Max that we could be channelled by Foxtel when we were living together. Good times.

Omikron

No you are. I don't have the energy or time to watch any more. Used to enjoy heading up to the common room when I was living on residence and catch up with all the Zim guys while playing pool and watching the matches. Being a pizza bum meant my mate and I could watch all the Soccer, Basketball, NFL and Max that we could be channelled by Foxtel when we were living together. Good times.

I am more a lower league guy. Plus the A-league 8)

Salazar

http://www.smh.com.au/national/tert...ts-using-private-database-20120105-1pmz5.html

Wow, that's pretty fucked up.

Last month, almost the entire department called for Professor Redmond's resignation. In a letter of protest they said his actions were taken in spite of their clear advice. "This regrettable incident is symptomatic for an autocratic management approach that flaunts [sic] the university's own directives and routinely ignores the advice of faculty executive academics and professional staff in the faculty.''

It's a shame that there is a solecism in a letter drafted by a collection of academics on an important issue.

Omikron

You know Australia day is coming when.

OK..SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years… for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the Australian Border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt... RE-POST if you agree

Gets posted on Facebook.

Shaneus

I like purple and I want this mouse. More of an Optimus kid though.
Um... shit. Would look good next to a purple key-setup with the G510. But I don't need it. Don't need it. Don't need it...
But gold-plated (any kind, let alone) USB connectors are a feature? Christ. But if that's a deep purple IR beam that emits from the bottom... damn.

Never heard of it, where is it setup?
Admittedly, I'm not a connoisseur of a decent schnitz/parmy so on the scale of things they could well be shit, but they're here if you want to give them a crack. They also have blackcurrant Bulmers in a bottle. So, so, so good.

Oh. DoW Retribution has been dropped to $7.50 on GMG. Fucking ridiculous. I still have Chaos Rising and vanilla DoW2 that I need to put time into (actually played CR for a bit and enjoyed what I saw) but man, $7.50. GMG have found that itch that didn't need to be scratched during the Steam (our) Summer sale. Bastards.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
M4 Users

BSOD Crucial M4
01-05-201202:49 PM
M4 customers,

We are aware of an issue that is currently affecting a small number of users whereby their m4 causes their system to require a restart. This issue occurs after approximately 5,000 hours of actual “on time” use. Following the initial reboot, the system then requires subsequent restarts after each additional hour of use. However, the data on the SSD is unaffected and will not be lost due to this condition.

Through our investigation, we have determined the root cause of the problem and will be releasing a firmware update that rectifies the situation. We are currently running through our validation and compatibility process. Once this process is complete, the firmware will be made available to our customers. Although we understand the desire of some people to start using unreleased firmware now, we want to ensure that our solution works across multiple chipsets, systems, and operating systems before publishing the release code. We are currently targeting the week of January 16th, 2012 to publicly release the new firmware update.

We understand the impact that this is having on some users right now and apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your continued support, feedback, and patience as we finalize code and resolve this issue.

Dude, Crucial Employee, US

Top Bottom