• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Kritz

Banned
SERIOUS SAM 3 - We're probably going to play some SS3 tonight again and finish off the game. Or get close to finishing it.

Myself, Aon, Rahk, Clipper, Evl, Jintor, Fogz? Let me know who can't be and who can be on tonight.

Game supports upto 16 players coop.

Settings:

Infinite Respawns
Infinite ammo
Extra Monters that scale per user
200% monster health
Friendly fire

Start at around like, 7:30? Maybe 8. We'll all be on Mumble as usual.

Jintor

SERIOUS SAM 3 - We're probably going to play some SS3 tonight again and finish off the game. Or get close to finishing it.

Myself, Aon, Rahk, Clipper, Evl, Jintor, Fogz? Let me know who can't be and who can be on tonight.

Settings:

Infinite Respawns
Infinite ammo
200% monster health
Friendly fire

Might join in if I get too frustrating with trying to navigate this fucking site building thingy. It's not that hard to use but I keep inputting shit wrong and managed to inadvertantly IP ban myself for attempting to brute force the server apparently.

Choc

Banned
china thinks its so fucking special.

Chinese airlines will not pay European Union carbon emissions charges that came into force on January 1, a national aviation industry group says.
The EU launched the Emissions Trading System (ETS) in 2005 in a bid to reduce carbon emissions of power stations and industrial plants, and extended the scheme to airlines from Sunday.
The move means airlines have to buy emissions permits to fly in Europe under a cap-and-trade scheme that has angered the US and Chinese governments and airlines worldwide.
Advertisement: Story continues below
"China, of course, will not cooperate with the European Union on the ETS," said Chai Haibo, deputy secretary-general of the China Air Transport Association (CATA).
"The CATA, on behalf of Chinese airlines, is strongly against the EU's improper practice of unilaterally forcing international airlines into its ETS," Chai said.
He said the Chinese government was considering "counter-measures" against the European Union, but gave no details.
State media has previously warned the EU scheme "infringes on national sovereignty, violates international aviation treaties and will lead to a trade war" in the sector.
It came into force on January 1 after the European Union's highest court rejected a challenge brought by US carriers last month.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...ions-charge-20120106-1pnpm.html#ixzz1ieZ6qMSl

how about fuck off out of european airspace then because you will be banned. Play by the rules or fuck off

Every other airline is paying it. And what a fucking joke. China charges taxes for international airlines to fly into shanghai

pot.kettle.black

bout fucking time like Obama said they get with the globalised world, float their currency and stop acting like pompous fucks thinking they can tell everyone what to do.

I'd laugh so hard if ATC just start turning planes back out of EU space.

Rahk

Settings:

Infinite Respawns
Infinite ammo
200% monster health
Friendly fire

I can probably play.

Rezbit

also victory sacked durakovic and replaced him with muscat

:|

I know jack and shit about soccer, but isn't he the guy who deliberately set out to injure other players with slide tackles?

Why would anyone want him involved with anything?

Salazar

I know jack and shit about soccer, but isn't he the guy who deliberately set out to injure other players with slide tackles?

Never mind sliding. Kevin would straight up fucking jump into you.

And never forget

tumblr_lk7d4znr0a1qcdujo8j.gif

He's only a caretaker though, thank christ.

Jintor

The internet is dropping like every 5 minutes. Just for a minute, but fuck. It's even more infuriating than not having it available at all. I want to reach out and strangle someone.

Shaneus

The internet is dropping like every 5 minutes. Just for a minute, but fuck. It's even more infuriating than not having it available at all. I want to reach out and strangle someone.
It's not a router issue, is it? It may be completely irrelevant, but my subnote was cracking the shits and dropping pings(!!) when trying to connect to my NAS, turns out my crappy TP-Link gigabit routery-switch thing needed a power cycle. Might be worth a crack? Assuming you haven't already, of course.

Jintor

It's likely to be a combination of line filtering and like a month of rain issues. I've got a new filter coming in tonight, hopefully that should fix the main problem of the net dying everytime someone picks up the phone.

The drops have stopped for now. Might have been a loose cable near the router.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey ghuyz.

I signed up for xbox live gold last month. I've just lent my xbox to a friend for a few monbths. She has no net, so no need for gold. How so I cancel gold!? I always hear its quite hard.

Tyia

ZOMG that is the best video ever! Piss off these morons in power at the moment and bring back the big Hawk! Youse bosses are all bums for not letting us have today off for the cricket!

Last time that happened to me it was a bum router, if the new filter doesn't work maybe try borrowing a router from work/friend and give it a burl.

Yagharek

I went out and bought Source Code today. I liked Moon quite a lot, so I'm not sure why I didnt buy/see this straight away. From memory I think I recall someone told me it was a big letdown but then this same person also talked up avatar, tree of life, skyrim and likes orson scott card. So I'm going to assume Source Code is an excellent film.

Once you buy Gold you can't get your money back for it Holy. It is really easy to turn off Auto-renew though on the website which is fantastic. You can also take off your Credit Card details and use PayPal (but I would recommend CC only just in case your account is compromised).

this same person also talked up avatar, tree of life, skyrim and likes orson scott card. So I'm going to assume Source Code is an excellent film.

Source Code is great. So are all the other things you listed aside from Skyrim which I haven't played yet.

Rezbit

I went out and bought Source Code today. I liked Moon quite a lot, so I'm not sure why I didnt buy/see this straight away. From memory I think I recall someone told me it was a big letdown but then this same person also talked up avatar, tree of life, skyrim and likes orson scott card. So I'm going to assume Source Code is an excellent film.

It's pretty awesome. Really fun with an interesting concept. VERY short, though. Let us know what you reckon after!

Yagharek

It's pretty awesome. Really fun with an interesting concept. VERY short, though. Let us know what you reckon after!

Things I like to hear. I really enjoyed Moon, for example. In a year of great sci fi flicks (District 9 mainly) it was a standout film. Even though it could be argued that it was slightly derivative (2001, Gattaca), it still impressed and I cannot think of any other film that so perfectly captures the atmosphere of such an unfamiliar location.

Ive only ever seen trailers and (a long time ago) David & Margaret reviewing it. So I'm pretty sure the concept will be fresh going in. Should watch it tonight, so reviews later on.

Things I like to hear. I really enjoyed Moon, for example. In a year of great sci fi flicks (District 9 mainly) it was a standout film. Even though it could be argued that it was slightly derivative (2001, Gattaca), it still impressed and I cannot think of any other film that so perfectly captures the atmosphere of such an unfamiliar location.

Ive only ever seen trailers and (a long time ago) David & Margaret reviewing it. So I'm pretty sure the concept will be fresh going in. Should watch it tonight, so reviews later on.

In the end it turns out that Love was the code all along, and he just didn't know it.

Also Puffins.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Once you buy Gold you can't get your money back for it Holy. It is really easy to turn off Auto-renew though on the website which is fantastic. You can also take off your Credit Card details and use PayPal (but I would recommend CC only just in case your account is compromised).

Source Code is great. So are all the other things you listed aside from Skyrim which I haven't played yet.

oh cheers, i recall a long time ago it wasn't as simple as just turning off auto renew! will scope that out after beer tyty

Yagharek

That's more like it.

Predictions
1. XBox 3 is unveiled to cries of abandonment and rage from the core (strong Kinect focus)
2. Half Life 3 is released in/around November 2012
3. A Vita hardware revision is announced, but no 3DS revision.
4. Pikmin 3 gets an Edge 10 and is hailed as the greatest launch game since Mario 64.
5. Either iOS or Facebook game sales/use contracts significantly, causing a sharemarket run on either Zynga or Popcap. One of these two will suffer a major share price drop (double digits, cries of fad over, Silicon Valley bubble 2.0)

Can I add/alter a prediction? I hope its not too late.

I'd like to include this somehow:

x. XBox Live/Windows Live ID hack found to be one of the biggest in online entertainment history, dwarfing the PSN outage and the RROD debacle.

So a knife jumped up and bit my gf. Does this mean we have to destroy it now since it has the taste of human flesh? I remember growing up on the farm hearing about how a horse had mauled someone to death and they had to put it down as it kept wanting to tear peoples flesh off and eat it.

oh cheers, i recall a long time ago it wasn't as simple as just turning off auto renew! will scope that out after beer tyty
The latest website change has been fantastic and makes it much more useful. I actually buy more stuff through the webstore than the console now just because it is quicker and easier.

Can I add/alter a prediction? I hope its not too late.

I'd like to include this somehow:

x. XBox Live/Windows Live ID hack found to be one of the biggest in online entertainment history, dwarfing the PSN outage and the RROD debacle.
What hack? The current thing is more of a scam than a hack. Microsoft just need to implement a safety on buying stuff on the marketplace and everything will be fine.

Also no you cannot change predictions. Otherwise I will add proper Xcom revival to my list.

Yagharek

What hack? The current thing is more of a scam than a hack. Microsoft just need to implement a safety on buying stuff on the marketplace and everything will be fine.

Also no you cannot change predictions. Otherwise I will add proper Xcom revival to my list.

As in, it will be revealed to be an inherent and serious security flaw in the Windows/LiveID architecture, and not the result of phishing/scamming/social engineering.

URGE TO IMPORT VITA RISING.
2-620x.jpg

I'm not a fan of Destructoid but damn, sounds like Bend have done their usual fantastic job. Sony really need to get some more talent in there so they can work on more projects (and Syphon Filter for PS3).
Getting kicked off the PC more and more lately so the gf can do wedding related stuff so having a Vita in the house would be bliss.

As in, it will be revealed to be an inherent and serious security flaw in the Windows/LiveID architecture, and not the result of phishing/scamming/social engineering.

Ah well yes it is completely because Microsoft have a flawed structure and scammers are exploiting it. Especially since the FIFA stuff and EA servers have become known to be an easy access point to cold hard cash for them. The people exploiting it aren't masterminds or anything though, they just realised an easy route to screwing people over. Microsoft could fix this if they really wanted to throw the resources at it. Which is the worst part.

If they just implemented something like Steam Guard everything would be k.

Yagharek

2 step verification would be ridiculously easy to implement, seeing how common it is with all sorts of other services. Is it possible [tinfoil hat]that they already know such a move would be ineffective, and only draw more attention to it?
[/tinfoil hat]

If they don't, then the only other alternative is that they just don't give a flying fuck about their customers at all, which was already proven when they sold broken hardware for $650.

250kg? In public housing? So every inch of the house needs to be re-purposed at the tax payers expense for him? I would lay some blame at the housing worker who was stupid enough to put him in that house in the first place. We had a job not that long ago for an obese man and we spent $10,000 widening doorways and replacing the flooring for this very reason.
I'd expect any house to be able to hold 250kg. If you expect that a 250kg load requires special structural reinforcement then never, ever, ever invite 4 or 5 people into your house at the same time.

Dude fell through the floor. It's reasonable to expect every inch of the house to be able to handle 3 x 80kg people, no?
Ayup.

what if there was a 250, a 100 and a 120?

i dunno what a house is supposed to hold

should it hold a ton?
It's not that the whole floor collapsed, it's that he fell through the boards. Let's put it this way, a refrigerator can weigh about 120kg when empty. Put some food in it and then have a 100kg guy standing at it deciding what to eat. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a section of floor to handle that load.

I don't know the answers to any of those questions, but it strikes me that a reasonable number of people totalling 250kg could be on the same floorboard and cause the same problem. Discrimination doesn't seem like the right angle.
I agree. Suing them for negligence for lack of maintenance seems like a smarter angle. The discrimination angle seems to suggest that they refused him entry into the King-Size house and made him live in the Featherweight house. Bizarre.

That's a morbidly obese script.
Stop discriminating against it.

Fogz

Settings:

Infinite Respawns
Infinite ammo
200% monster health
Friendly fire

Would love to but looks like TPG finally got around to cancelling my internet, could be a week before I am up and running again

Tenants can report housing issues at the drop of a hat. We had an urgent job come through today at 4pm to send a carpenter out to put 3 pavers back into a driveway. The carpenter will earn $40 for his efforts.

Public housing tenants are MUCH better treated in regards to maintenance than private rental. We spend hundreds of thousands on meeting benchmarks and avoiding fines for something as small as not calling a tenant before arriving or not checking the blind cords in every room are secured so a kid doesn't get strangled.

There is more to the story than he is letting on, which is why his case hasn't gone anywhere.

Top Bottom