• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

VOOK said:
You guys can all ask about work related stuff, solutions to problems at work, job help and what not. I can't.

If I had the time to play it I probably would play it, but I don't. I bought another game from another company, didn't like it that much (still finished it) and then get review games cut off. Least you wouldn't do that.

Well and truly fucked situation. Just shows how fucked the industry is and how superficial the "professional" review circuit is when all partially dissenting voices are cut off.

If I were in your position and felt spiteful I would name names on the website. Might make things messy though, but if no one does it, nothing changes.

Thinking back to the first Elder Scrolls game, and how much money Skyrim has made so far ($450m in it's launch window), I would have never thought it would be anywhere near that popular, especially based on the first. Nice so see some things don't change though, just as many bugs as there's always been (apparently, I'll be picking it up next month).

Choc

Banned
Fogz said:
Hey Choc, hows it goin? How about that Need for Speed The Run

in all seriousness fogz how is JP?

and my friends @ Ea sent me the run today. Will know soon. Not expecting much tbh from my time with it earlier

Danoss

giri said:
So again, mister saint, stop being a blow hard.
Get under your skin did I? Diddums.

My point was that you were wrong and overreacted, you're not denying this. I didn't, nor did I need to, move goal posts for my "argument", care to point out where I did? I think you're taking me saying "or any other way" as some kind of an out. Those extra lines were an addition, pointing out that you're not perfect, which you're not (never said I was either).

So why get your back up? You were wrong, you were called on it, end of story.

Keep calling me those names, sweetheart, it's so endearing.

Clipper said:
That indicates it is lost to me
I think whoever provided that info is wrong. As far as I have ever seen, "Manifest Accepted" doesn't mean what they said it means. That has always meant that they are expecting the parcel to arrive. They had received the notification of the incoming parcel, not the parcel itself.

Yagharek

Problem is a lot of pr types working for publishers etc aren't quite sentient enough to realise a game can still be good and people can not like it that much. I recognise uncharted 3 is a good game, but I sure didn't enjoy it that much, for example. Same goes with other recent games like enslaved, batman and FIFA.

giri

Omi said:
If you don't have to listen to him, why are you getting so irate?
Picking sentences out of context :p

Choc said:
i can't believe there is an implosion on ausgaf and i am not involved

I was thinking the same thing earlier!

My panties got all twisted ><

I didn't, nor did I need to, move goal posts for my "argument", care to point out where I did?

hahahaha, ok, there's no point continuing.

Choc

Banned
Fogz said:
Its like Heavy Rain if they took away all control from you and turned it into a button mashing minigame

It has dinosaurs though, so 5/5

i am intrigued

does it run well on your rig

Clipper

Danoss said:
I think whoever provided that info is wrong. As far as I have ever seen, "Manifest Accepted" doesn't mean what they said it means. That has always meant that they are expecting the parcel to arrive. They had received the notification of the incoming parcel, not the parcel itself.
And that's what I've been saying. They lied to me. I trusted them (although I did have the same prior impression of what manifest received means as you did). Do you now agree that I did have a right to be concerned that my parcel was lost and initiate contact with Amazon?

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
And that's what I've been saying. They lied to me. I trusted them (although I did have the same prior impression of what manifest received means as you did). Do you now agree that I did have a right to be concerned that my parcel was lost and initiate contact with Amazon?

Dan is correct in what manifest accepted means

it means they agreed to carry it when it arrives

HolyCheck said:
Oh man I got an email from batel.met about my woreb of warcraft account.

I hope it's legit

lol, I swear I get one of those every other day.

At first I was like "oh cool, I didn't know I had a WOW account.... wait".

Danoss

Clipper said:
I'm not saying they lied, I'm saying they were wrong.

Should you be all worked up about it? No.

It left on the 5th, it is now the 17th. It has been 12 days total. Relax. I'm surprised Amazon didn't tell you the same thing. 12 days is nothing.

codswallop said:
It's Australia Post. They probably lied. ;)

They always lie. Last week I confronted the messenger post guy who was delivering the parcel. He stopped in front of my house, took out the 'you were not home' card and threw it on the front lawn, without even ringing the door bell.

Luckily I was in the backyard and spotted him, so I came out from the side game and confronted him before he could get away. This was probably the 10th time he had done this, leave a card without bothering to check if someone is home...

Danoss

Clipper said:
not a lie?
Did they inform you that the status was "Manifest Accepted"? Yes.

Did they correctly explain the definition of the term "Manifest Accepted"? No.

Considering that it appears your package is indeed at the "Manifest Accepted" stage of delivery on this side of the pond, it seems that the first portion of their response is correct. However, the second portion demonstrates a misunderstanding of what the status of the package actually is.

Does this indicate an effort on AusPost's behalf to intentionally deceive and mislead you as to the whereabouts of your package? Hardly. Since a layperson such as yourself, myself and Choc understands the meaning of "Manifest Accepted", I think we can rationally conclude that no, AusPost did not lie to you.

DeathJr said:
They always lie. Last week I confronted the messenger post guy who was delivering the parcel. He stopped in front of my house, took out the 'you were not home' card and threw it on the front lawn, without even ringing the door bell.

Luckily I was in the backyard and spotted him, so I came out from the side game and confronted him before he could get away. This was probably the 10th time he had done this, leave a card without bothering to check if someone is home...
We have them leave cards without checking and also sometimes leave packages on the doorstep. Most recently, they never left a card and sent the package to a post office about 10km out of our area. We only even found out the package was coming because the sender queried whether we received it.

DeathJr said:

My girlfriend stayed home one day because she was expecting a parcel.

Parcel didn't show up, but there was a card left for us to go and collect the parcel from the Post Office as they had tried to deliver it but no one was home.

When she called to complain and say that no one bothered trying to deliver it, she was told by Australia post that they have a policy not to deliver parcels to our units due to lack of parking.

Wtf lol was my response. There is parking all over the place there.

BanShunsaku said:

Parcel didn't show up, but there was a card left for us to go and collect the parcel from the Post Office as they had tried to deliver it but no one was home.

When she called to complain and say that no one bothered trying to deliver it, she was told by Australia post that they have a policy not to deliver parcels to our units due to lack of parking.

We get the same problem, but because there is a long-ish drive way to walk up and the couriers are lazy.

This girl at uni is seriously pissing me off. I've invited her to a couple of events, and each time, right before it starts, she posts "I'm just going to bring a couple of my friends". First time it was okay, because we were going clubbing. Its a public place, what can you do. But this is a BBQ with 8 people. No you can't bring 5 of your friends to my house. She asked if I got her message, and when I replied "yeah" she just goes "onegaishimasu~" (Kind of like "if you please" but in an "you have to do it" kind of way) and logs off. wtf. I did invite one of the guys because I do know him, but what if she brings all of them anyway?! I'm thinking of postponing the event until after she leaves the country. Does that make me a bad person?

^^^^

What if one of the tagalongs is cute?

----

Due to poor planning on my part, I have Skyward Sword being sent to my office by courier and SM3DL being sent to my house via the cheapest mail option they had. History and common sense tell me that SS will arrive before SM3DL.

I REGRET EVERYTHING.

giri

BanShunsaku said:

at least you get your mail. I regularly don't get mine. Causes so many problems trying to pay bills, particularly with companies that don't DD or have online billing options.

Deeku

Never really had a problem with Auspost. The local parcel delivery guy recognises me and is really nice. Except sometimes when he's waiting for me to get the door, I notice him whistling and spinning my package in his hands. I guess he's just trying to be cheery and casual or whatever so I never tell him to not do it.

But still, he should know better than to play with my fragile parcels!

Clipper

Danoss said:
Did they inform you that the status was "Manifest Accepted"? Yes.

Did they incorrectly explain the definition of the term "Manifest Accepted"? Yes.

Considering that it appears your package is indeed at the "Manifest Accepted" stage of delivery on this side of the pond, it seems that the first portion of their response is correct. However, the second portion demonstrates a misunderstanding of what the status of the package actually is.

Does this indicate an effort on AusPost's behalf to intentionally deceive and mislead you as to the whereabouts of your package? Hardly. Since a layperson such as yourself, myself and Choc understands the meaning of "Manifest Accepted", I think we can rationally conclude that no, AusPost did not lie to you.
Lies don't have to be intentional. Saying something with authority when you should be aware of the answer and are in fact incorrect is also lying whether you intend it or not.

I wasn't going to post this earlier, but the rest of their response said:
Aus Post said:
Due to privacy restrictions to enable further inquiries, it would be appreciated if you would ask the sender of the article to contact Australia Post directly to commence an investigation. Unfortunately, we are only able to conduct this type of investigation on behalf of the sender.

On behalf of Australia Post, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused you.
Which implied to me that an investigation was probably needed to find out why it was taking so long. I complied. I sent copies of the message to both i-parcel and Amazon (a day apart) as I wasn't sure which would actually be considered the sender. Amazon replied first and offered the replacement without me asking for it at all (I just asked whether they were the sender that needed to contact Aus. Post or not). i-parcel replied with the additional info after Amazon had set up the replacement.

The only reason why I am worked up about this is that I keep getting attacked for following the advice that I received and that I shouldn't be so trusting of other's words when they are clearly in a position to know more than I do.

Danoss said:
Are you fucking serious? That is the very definition of a lie. I give up with you man.

I wouldn't call it a lie, but Auspost is still at fault. It's their duty to know these kind of things, and misinforming customers is pretty negligent.

giri

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I missed this. What'd'e say?
Agree'd with gillard on bending over and copping it from America!

(May be some dramatisation and liberties taken with above statement).

Shaneus

Fredescu said:
Wow, Sins of a Solar Empire is on Steam now. I guess Brad figured he would make more money selling games on Steam than trying to compete with it.
Fuck. What would the chances be of being able to transfer my Impulse copy over? Would there be a key of some kind I could use to paste into Steam? The only reason I haven't actively played it is because, well, if it's not in my Steam list it gets forgotten about, pretty much.

Clipper

Danoss said:
Are you fucking serious? That is the very definition of a lie. I give up with you man.
OK, now that it is clear this part of the argument was simply caused by the fact we don't agree on the definition of the word 'lie', will you agree they deceived me? Do you still claim that I overreacted and contacted Amazon too early?

The only other thing I could have done is to totally ignore everything that Aus. Post said to me in the e-mail. Yes, I trusted their response as fact, even though it didn't fit with my interpretation of things. Is that wrong?

giri said:
Agree'd with gillard on bending over and copping it from America!

(May be some dramatisation and liberties taken with above statement).
I thought he was far more emphatic in his copping it than anyone else. His speech was rampant arse licking.

giri

FallbackPants said:
I thought he was far more emphatic in his copping it than anyone else. His speech was rampant arse licking.
if you wanted to describe it as a 3 way but with only one male, it wouldn't be too far off the mark.

Salazar

Salazar

It's worth bearing in mind that those quotes were obtained by the Sun, which refuses to print anything that isn't

a) filthy
b) ostensibly funny
c) mean-spirited
d) character assassinating

Top Bottom