• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Shaneus

Oh, and after seeing that there was a Crossfire profile specifically for Saints Row 3, I find that AGAIN, disabling CFX completely gives me a far more stable framerate without having to dumb down any detail whatsoever. As soon as the 7000 series AMD chips come out, I'm dropping a wad of cash on the 2nd-to-top card and leaving it at that. Fuck Crossfire.

jambo

Shaneus said:
Oh, and after seeing that there was a Crossfire profile specifically for Saints Row 3, I find that AGAIN, disabling CFX completely gives me a far more stable framerate without having to dumb down any detail whatsoever. As soon as the 7000 series AMD chips come out, I'm dropping a wad of cash on the 2nd-to-top card and leaving it at that. Fuck Crossfire.

I've highlighted your issues.

Salazar

Aaaah, distant relatives show up.

"So, when are you meeting the people you're staying with ?"

"Oh, we're staying with you".

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKK

giri

Salazar said:
Aaaah, distant relatives show up.

"So, when are you meeting the people you're staying with ?"

"Oh, we're staying with you".

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKK
You can't, my pet spiders are loose.

Jintor

Groceries are expensive :T

Man, the latest bombcast is amazing. Hearing them all rant on about Skyrim, hearing Patrick enthuse about Skyward Sword, hearing Jeff be excited about Saint's Row (in his trademark I'm not actually excited about anything but fuck yeah fashion) and hearing Ryan... uh... talk smack about Revelations was just great.

I really fucking want Skyward Sword + the Wii Motion Plus controller. I think I'mma go preorder it at JB tommorrow or Saturday or something.

Oh yeah, Vooksy, the Nintendo thing is on Tuesday right?

Judge me!

CPU - i5 2500K. $230ish.
RAM - Corsair Vengeance, 8GB of it. $66-$78. Can be doubled to 16GB, just for giggles.
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V Pro. $219?
GPU - Some sorta GTX 570? ASUS or EVGA preferred. Like $399, sad panda.

Probably a new PSU as well.

Don't care about anything higher than 1080p, maybe do 3D one day. New stuff at 60FPS?

hamchan said:
I trust AusGAF's opinions, should I play Saints Row 2 before the third?
Yes. The story is a complex, interweaving and nuanced one that wraps itself around the very soul of a man, its use of foreshadowing and callbacks both tantalising and satisfying.

_No

Kritz

Banned
hamchan said:
I trust AusGAF's opinions, should I play Saints Row 2 before the third?

I think SR2 is a very fun game, but is very similar mechanically to Saint's Row 3. The game more or less assumes you haven't played the previous games judging by the early missions and story.

Salacious Crumb

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Yes. The story is a complex, interweaving and nuanced one that wraps itself around the very soul of a man, its use of foreshadowing and callbacks both tantalising and satisfying.

_No

HmZSf.gif

Jintor

I enjoyed Saints Row 2, but I think it's dated now. Like, hella dated.

Does anybody know Sony's AU Support number? I've got to exchange this PS3 controller which refuses to hold any charge.

Fogz

I was playing SR2 right up to the release of SR3 and while its a great game there's not much point now that SR3 exists. Also it does look a bit dated now.

Ydahs

Just played both the Sonic and Rayman demos for PS3.

Rayman = pretty graphics, but dull gameplay

Sonic = surprisingly fun and looks amazing in 3D (very little crosstalk)

I might actually buy Sonic generations now.

remz

Ydahs said:
Just played both the Sonic and Rayman demos for PS3.

Rayman = pretty graphics, but dull gameplay

Sonic = surprisingly fun and looks amazing in 3D (very little crosstalk)

I might actually buy Sonic generations now.
Yeah, sonic surprised me, I bought it randomly from steam and got pretty hooked on it around release.

Shaneus

New LP Underground is the best album they have put out since the last Underground. Continues the only reason for them to keep going.

Still no SR3 pre-order DLC for me :(

Game Informer wrote that the BF3 campaign was the best FPS campaign since COD4. My brain melted at the consequences of the BF3 campaign being considered that kind of metric. A man like that does not deserve Half Life 3. In fact since reading that review Gabe has cancelled all development and told us to live with the shit we have accrued.

Healthy snacks go! Keep in mind I have horrible teeth and am too worried about biting down too hard and snapping them all to pieces. Going to try bananas for a while and live like a Moroccan prince.

New Bluejuice album is a joy. Will cheer me up on the way to work tomorrow.

Me & My Motherflippin' Katamari on PSP for $10!!!
Deus Ex Human Revolutions LE on PS3 for $26!!!
Double Fine's Once Upon A Monster on Kinect for $38!!!

RandomVince said:
How did skyrim even get certified?
Same way that Oblivion got certified. Certification doesn't mean shit when a big game needs to be released. I wonder if NBA Elite 2011 passed certification before being pulled as it hit shelves.

Omi said:
I kept my replacement and original threadless orders. I am a dirty thieving bastardo.
I'm sure they don't care since the first order got lost in the wonderland that is logistics for so long. They are much more worried about the next $200 you are going to spend because you hold them in a good light. Plus the cost of sale for those items really aren't worth the effort of chasing you down. A few people will abuse the system but it obviously isn't big enough for them to change their practises or outsource the service to a company who will chase people down harder.

Fredescu said:
Wow, Sins of a Solar Empire is on Steam now. I guess Brad figured he would make more money selling games on Steam than trying to compete with it.
He probably got a payout for Impulse rather than gaining royalties from the use of it so at this point I would assume he doesn't give two shits about it. Not that I don't respect Brad "Put down my sandwich" Wardell or anything. I mean, Element was a fantastic game and I really appreciated his rigid policing of the Gamers Bill of Rights! Never the less I am looking forward to the next Ironclad game, which will certainly be available on Steam now which is great.

giri said:
You said it was ok to steal cause an insurance company will pay.
I'm a bitter old man ranting, but that's what you said.
Omi ordered some shirts from Threadless. 2 months later they had not arrived. He contacted them and they mailed out another order for him. The second order arrived around the same time as the original order. Do Threadless do a special sale every now and then for second hand shirts? If they don't I would assume they just give the shirts to friends or something as they wouldn't be able to sell them as new to other customers. In any case Omi certainly didn't screw them over.

HolyCheck said:
Sounds like a mystery thriller, you're alone in a log cabin, out in the woods, you start receiving hand written letters under your door each day...
This reminds me that Remedy are doing another Alan Wake rather than doing something more worth while for my interests. Sad panda.

codswallop said:
I've had huge amounts of problems with Australia Post. Let's not get into that... Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.
This man is correct. Did some work with the Unitexts online bookshop. The amount of undelivered packages because of retard reasons and lazy mailmen were quite concerning. Too bad that AAE et al are so unorganised nationally as a lot of businesses would tell AusPost to fuck off if they didn't have to deal with 3rd string operations picking up the slack of the big boy delivery companies. The locals who do AAE are quite good but the family operating a Toll affiliate are fucking terrible, lose packages all the time. Pisses me off that our head office use them even though the have lost several packages of paperwork that will lead to huge fines for us if we get audited on them by the ATO.

VOOK said:
There's absolutely no where on the internet I can vent anymore.
4chan or Reddit dude. Or make a fake account on Twitter. NintyScoopsRUs64.

Choc said:
i am intrigued

does it run well on your rig
Judging by screenshots it should run on a 2002 netbook. Telltale did always make a good, scalable engine. Makes sense since they aren't targeting the cutting edge gamers.

shanshan310 said:
This girl at uni is seriously pissing me off.
Shun her Shan. Best option for all involved. Either tell her not to bring people around or just stop inviting her. If you are inviting her it is only fair that she run that kind of stuff by you a long time before the get together.

Shaneus said:
Fuck. What would the chances be of being able to transfer my Impulse copy over? Would there be a key of some kind I could use to paste into Steam? The only reason I haven't actively played it is because, well, if it's not in my Steam list it gets forgotten about, pretty much.
Wait for the inevitable 75% off Christmas sale.

Salazar said:
I'm just not buying those quotes.
If some dirty shit was going on the Police would have evidence of those messages, or even they would have been leaked out by now. Like proper leak, not a shitrag talking about them without actual evidence.

Shaneus said:
I know Jambo highlighted your problems but I will do it again. Maybe think about trying to get a good price for them and pick up a 560Ti or something. Also while you are there pick up a m4 SSD 120Gb for only $240!!!

giri said:
You can't, my pet spiders are loose.
lol Also make sure to tell them about the random drunk that comes and bangs on the windows at 2am.

AnkhWeasel said:
Judge me!

CPU - i5 2500K. $230ish.
RAM - Corsair Vengeance, 8GB of it. $66-$78. Can be doubled to 16GB, just for giggles.
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V Pro. $219?
GPU - Some sorta GTX 570? ASUS or EVGA preferred. Like $399, sad panda.

Probably a new PSU as well.

Don't care about anything higher than 1080p, maybe do 3D one day. New stuff at 60FPS?
Looks good. Maybe grab this 8Gb of RAM for $55 though. Also the 560Ti I linked for Shaneus seems fantastic for $259.

Yagharek

I reckon I could run ozisoft in 1999 from here in the future of 2011 better than the arseclowns that are working way back then.

Oh, btw, the game cases are cracked and if you want a vmu you can gagf.

Kritz

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Pretty much beaten Skyrim, only side quests left now. Only took 100 hours.

I'm 55 hours in. Have only visited three cities, and haven't fully completed any guild quests and have only completed a handful of city quest lines.

But, I'm also not quick travelling. Walking + horsing everywhere. So it will take me the entire uni holidays to beat this game, I suspect. Which is fantastic because Skyrim may just be my GOTY. Like, I hate to say it, but even over Portal 2 and Witcher 2.

LOZLINK

God damn, finish exams tomorrow and I have no herbal essence. Any sydney gaffers wanna help a brother out since my peeps are out of town.

RandomVince said:
I reckon I could run ozisoft in 1999 from here in the future of 2011 better than the arseclowns that are working way back then.

Oh, btw, the game cases are cracked and if you want a vmu you can gagf.
The sad thing is that I bought 4 sealed VMU's this year from OzGameShop for $30 total. Also been adding to my Japanese DC collection quite steadily, even got Shenmue for $25 from PlayAsia. It has never been a better time to be a SEGA man!

LOZLINK said:
God damn, finish exams tomorrow and I have no herbal essence. Any sydney gaffers wanna help a brother out since my peeps are out of town.
I don't know if it is anything like Melbourne but If I ever loitered any longer than 20 minutes at a train station I would ALWAYS get asked at least once if I wanted to buy some weed.

LOZLINK

reptilescorpio said:
The sad thing is that I bought 4 sealed VMU's this year from OzGameShop for $30 total. Also been adding to my Japanese DC collection quite steadily, even got Shenmue for $25 from PlayAsia. It has never been a better time to be a SEGA man!

I don't know if it is anything like Melbourne but If I ever loitered any longer than 20 minutes at a train station I would ALWAYS get asked at least once if I wanted to buy some weed.
I can get low quality grade bud very easily, but that takes like 4-5 cones to get a decent buzz, and by then Ill be tired. I want some mindblasting shit, and my regular dude is dry :(. Worst finish to a uni year ever

LOZLINK said:
I can get low quality grade bud very easily, but that takes like 4-5 cones to get a decent buzz, and by then Ill be tired. I want some mindblasting shit, and my regular dude is dry :(. Worst finish to a uni year ever
Dropped the ball in not having it lined up mate. We always had everything ready to go as soon as the last exam started. That door locks and everything goes to shit on residence. Your dude MUST know someone who is holding though, that is the entire point of his existence. To know where the bud comes from and who has the tasty stuff. Or you could just get hype drunk with all the teeny boppers and party like it was 2006.

LOZLINK

reptilescorpio said:
Dropped the ball in not having it lined up mate. We always had everything ready to go as soon as the last exam started. That door locks and everything goes to shit on residence. Your dude MUST know someone who is holding though, that is the entire point of his existence. To know where the bud comes from and who has the tasty stuff. Or you could just get hype drunk with all the teeny boppers and party like it was 2006.
Nah, I don't drink much. I need consistency since I do about a quarter a week
Edit: I dont leave on residency either, this is just for personal use. Think my dealer is keeping it low since 4 other dealers got raided in the area recently. I've had like 4-5 different kinds recently, all low grade shit

Kerrby

Banned
Been playing Saints Row 3, damn such an awesome game. The mission at the start
with the Kanye West song playing, so damn awesome.

Saints Row 2 was very awesome, I liked the world better in that game though. Plus the outfits and shit was better in Saints Row 2, it's all about furries in this game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really feeling Skyrim. I've found the quest-line payoffs to be mostly anti-climatic and the rewards practically nonexistent. I guess it's alright as a story delivery mechanism, but it just becomes so predictable. "tell me, oh wise one, which cave will I enter in search of treasure-x next?!" But uh, even the story isn't really grabbing me.

shrug

Top Bottom