• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
I hope Message not found is fun!

Sounds like a mystery thriller, you're alone in a log cabin, out in the woods, you start receiving hand written letters under your door each day...

Danoss

legend166 said:
I hope Message not found is fun!
It should change to "BETA Testing Code (Event 1)".

HolyCheck said:
Sounds like a mystery thriller, you're alone in a log cabin, out in the woods, you start receiving hand written letters under your door each day...
"You shtole my shtory..."

giri

Danoss said:
Say sorry.

I call bullshit. You've never done anything wrong, never stolen or done anything else wrong either? Hahaha, pull the other one.
The instances referred to were deliberately cheating a retailer by not telling them about something, or something mail ordered, and claiming it hasn't been been delivered, then getting both, and not returning it.

In those specific instances, no, i haven't, that i can recall. You can call bull shit all you want, but what goes around comes around. I fried a mother board and CPU cause i installed them wrong, the guys at computeralliance said "oh well, at least you admitted it, i'll just RMA the motherboard but you'll have to buy a new CPU".

Amazon delivered me 3 cd's that had their cases cracked once, i pointed it out, they said "just trash them, we'll get new ones delivered, don't bother sending them back".

People working retail deal with enough shit in their lives, i in general, try to not make their lives shittier, and it usually works out well for me.

Anything wrong in my entire life? of course i have.

Choc

Banned
The problem is people abusing systems such as threadless which is pure customer service will lead to them not doing it anymore

which is shit :(

Clipper

shanshan310 said:
beethoven??

Mine shipped out from the US on the 4th :s Should I too be worried?

If I log on to the site that's the last place it was tracked to (leaving the US).

EDIT: my exam is at 5:45... What am I doing on GAF....
shanshan, send i-parcel an e-mail and ask them what's up. They finally did contact me later this morning to tell me that they have determined that Aus. Post was wrong and there's just some sort of weird delay in customs. This should all be getting cleared up soon, meaning I'll get the package on Friday or Monday hopefully.

I cancelled the replacement from Amazon for the time being due to this information. Yours is probably caught up in the same customs issue as mine is, I'd say. In any case, Aus. Post won't talk to you even if you have the tracking number, i-parcel are the only ones that will get straight information out of them.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
commanderdeek said:
Play-asia have them in stock now. I ordered mine yesterday arvo, scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning:D
If I ordered it now it wouldn't get to Perth until Monday and by then the street date will probably break!

Danoss

giri said:
Anything wrong in my entire life? of course i have.
Which is what I originally said.

Jumping down someone's throat because they did something wrong that you wouldn't have done isn't cool man, especially when you're wrong because you didn't read what they said completely before going apeshit on them. I am also aware of the irony here.

To top it off, you're clearly no angel either mate. I'm sure you've done a number of things that I, or a number of other people wouldn't approve of. Should I get riled up and throw my self-important opinions at you telling you how horribly wrong you are and you're a terrible person? Should we try it?

Clipper said:
They finally did contact me later this morning to tell me that they have determined that Aus. Post was wrong and there's just some sort of weird delay in customs. This should all be getting cleared up soon, meaning I'll get the package on Friday or Monday hopefully.
As predicted.

I think I mentioned the same thing happening to me at some point and that it's not unusual at all. If it's not coming via courier, patience is needed.

Clipper

Danoss said:
As predicted.

I think I mentioned the same thing happening to me at some point and that it's not unusual at all. If it's not coming via courier, patience is needed.
Australia Post out and out lied to me in my earlier response from them, though. They said they had received the package on the 8th and nothing had happened since then. It took the other company, i-parcel to get them to actually look at what the problem was and attempt to fix it.

I also have no clue why it has taken this package 9 days to clear customs. It was in Australia on the 8th according to both parties. It makes no sense whatsoever and this is not just a typical delay.

Gazunta

FUCK YOU JAMBO YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD ANYWAY

I started drawing Brendan Brewer this morning and it turned out mean. I think a re-write is in order.

Maybe make it a fart joke. People like fart jokes.

Deeku

I go to Moore Park driving range. Really bummed that they closed the driving range at Maq uni for more car park space:/

Clipper

Danoss said:
You're honestly surprised by this?
Yes. I've never had a problem with the Australia Post segment of a shipment before. I've never had anything get lost or delayed for unwarranted lengths of time (until now) and I really like the service. I don't expect to be lied to by a company that I respect and I don't expect to be told that I should expect professional companies to lie to me.

Edit: New twist... Amazon, despite telling me they had cancelled my replacement, just refunded my original order anyway... Time for another e-mail to them :p.

Danoss

Clipper said:
Yes. I've never had a problem with the Australia Post segment of a shipment before. I've never had anything get lost or delayed for unwarranted lengths of time (until now) and I really like the service. I don't expect to be lied to by a company that I respect and I don't expect to be told that I should expect professional companies to lie to me.
Here's an insight into AusPost's operations. There are many items that enter AusPost's tracking system, yet they will not be visible on their website. You want to know why? AusPost doesn't want to accept responsibility for these packages.

Seriously, what's going to happen if someone looks at AusPost tracking for something and no results are returned? They'll contact the company who sent it or the original postage service. AusPost doesn't even have to get their hands dirty.

Clipper said:
Yes. I've never had a problem with the Australia Post segment of a shipment before.
I've had huge amounts of problems with Australia Post. Let's not get into that... Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

giri

Danoss said:
Which is what I originally said.

Jumping down someone's throat because they did something wrong that you wouldn't have done isn't cool man, especially when you're wrong because you didn't read what they said completely before going apeshit on them. I am also aware of the irony here.

To top it off, you're clearly no angel either mate. I'm sure you've done a number of things that I, or a number of other people wouldn't approve of. Should I get riled up and throw my self-important opinions at you telling you how horribly wrong you are and you're a terrible person? Should we try it?
I was pointing out you decided to move the goal posts to just suit your argument, so, shove it, buddy.

I did read it 2 or 3 times in fact, but went back over it later, and interpreted it differently. Maybe you should stop trying to be the source of moral fortitude on post etiquette? i admitted i was wrong.

And like all people, i have things that particularly annoy me. And the assumption that the insurance company is just a secondary bank that you get to make withdrawals from on select occasions, in Australian society, is one of the big ones that set me off.

And you're welcome to tell me i'm wrong, that's entirely your option on a public forum, i don't have to listen to you though. I thought Omi was boasting about ripping off a retailer, and justifying it by saying "well they didn't suffer, insurance did". Which is what annoyed me.

So again, mister saint, stop being a blow hard.

legend166

Can't believe Roy and HG are being replaced by Will and Lehmo.

That's all you need to know about commercial radio right there.

Hope they go back to JJJ or something.

VOOK

There's absolutely no where on the internet I can vent anymore.

Facebook - Coworkers

Twitter - PR reps, Coworkers and the Boss

AusGAF - PR Reps

My own site - All of the above

So I can't bitch about work to anyone, I can't even criticize a game I'm not even reviewing and bought with my own money and it's not even on a Nintendo platform.

giri

legend166 said:
Can't believe Roy and HG are being replaced by Will and Lehmo.

That's all you need to know about commercial radio right there.

Hope they go back to JJJ or something.
0_o they'd be pushing 60 now wouldn't they? thought they'd be thinking about retiring really.

Gazunta

Vook, you are awesome. Vent away, you got nothing to worry about from me :p Tell me how much Skyrim sucks, I don't give a shit :p

VOOK

Rez said:
first-world problems.

You guys can all ask about work related stuff, solutions to problems at work, job help and what not. I can't.

Gazunta said:
Vook, you are awesome. Vent away, you got nothing to worry about from me :p Tell me how much Skyrim sucks, I don't give a shit :p

If I had the time to play it I probably would play it, but I don't. I bought another game from another company, didn't like it that much (still finished it) and then get review games cut off. Least you wouldn't do that.

Clipper said:

Edit: New twist... Amazon, despite telling me they had cancelled my replacement, just refunded my original order anyway... Time for another e-mail to them :p.

jackie-chan.jpg

what.... why would they..?!? They seriously don't seem to care about wasting money at all...

I think I'll wait till monday before calling them actually. If its in the same post as yours it should be fine.

Vook, Facebook does have lists. Or, you could go to Google+ where all the cool kids hang out
we're the coolest because there's no one else there

Clipper

Danoss said:
Here's an insight into AusPost's operations. There are many items that enter AusPost's tracking system, yet they will not be visible on their website. You want to know why? AusPost doesn't want to accept responsibility for these packages.

Seriously, what's going to happen if someone looks at AusPost tracking for something and no results are returned? They'll contact the company who sent it or the original postage service. AusPost doesn't even have to get their hands dirty.
I think we're arguing different points here. This is not the same anxiety i had the other night in chat, which was based purely on tracking info. However, I had since had contact from both parties in the shipping process. I contacted Aus. Post directly by e-mail and they told me more information than was available on the tracking site. They said:

Aus. Post said:
The last available scan on your eParcel is Manifest Accepted by Post
on the 08/11/11. "Manifest accepted" means that Australia Post has
received the actual parcel and it is now in transit.
That indicates it is lost to me. Please don't tell me I was expected to not believe this clear statement or that it is meant to take 9 days for a package to travel 4.5km (my distance from the mail centre). This morning, i-parcel instead told me:
i-parcel said:
My apologies for my delayed response. The reason why I am late in responding as I have been working with AUS Post and our clearing agent and I think I have found the issue. There was a delay in customs which your parcel incurred and which is why AUS Post only has the manifest scan as they haven't received the actual parcel just yet which I was under the impression they had. With that being said, we suspect your parcel should be released shortly and you should be receiving delivery of your parcel by weeks end, beginning of next week at the latest. I do apologize for this inconvenience and delay as I know it is unwarranted and we appreciate your patience with us at this time.
Thus, at least one of these two companies is lying to me and I do expect that it is Aus. Post alone. I was not inferring they were lying from the tracking info, but from the direct e-mail response that was given to me. There is no way the item could be 'in transit' if it hasn't cleared customs.

Gazunta

VOOK I can definitely relate. It's public knowledge where I work, who I am, what I'm doing etc etc. It's why i spend most of my time talking about comics and not this stupid industry :p

Edit: And yeah, that's why I love G+ so much :p

Omikron

giri said:
I was pointing out you decided to move the goal posts to just suit your argument, so, shove it, buddy.

I did read it 2 or 3 times in fact, but went back over it later, and interpreted it differently. Maybe you should stop trying to be the source of moral fortitude on post etiquette? i admitted i was wrong.

And like all people, i have things that particularly annoy me. And the assumption that the insurance company is just a secondary bank that you get to make withdrawals from on select occasions, in Australian society, is one of the big ones that set me off.

And you're welcome to tell me i'm wrong, that's entirely your option on a public forum, i don't have to listen to you though. I thought Omi was boasting about ripping off a retailer, and justifying it by saying "well they didn't suffer, insurance did". Which is what annoyed me.

So again, mister saint, stop being a blow hard.

If you don't have to listen to him, why are you getting so irate?

Top Bottom