• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Just came across this music video. The music isn't my thing, but the video is very cool.

I couldn't think how best to say why you should watch it without ruining it, so I'll past the video description.

"The video tells the story of a group of highschool kids ready for teenage mischief. They break into the local swimming pool intending a session of innocent nightswimming, in an awkward climate of romance and apprehension. What happens next is for you to discover here. NSFW."​

Video link here.

Don't read the spoiler until after you've seen it.

A perfect example of Lovecraftian horror. For any pen and paper RPG players, this is what you're in for if you ever play Call of Cthulhu.

Saw this In a GAF music thread last month or so. Was not expecting that lol

Omikron

like that?

Very nice!

I need some people to submit volunteer to provide me with some Log files from my little Steam Cat application. Basically I have it loading all various pieces of data I require, minus a couple small things, but I need some others to run it and save an xml log file and return it to me for some error / verification purposes.

Also a bit of extra testing doesn't hurt. ;) I have suppressed all the save functions until I am happy with them, so you can't damage your data/steam install etc.

Anyone interested, chuck me a PM.

Re-quote for morning crowd. It takes 5 mins people! :p

Jintor

I'm really glad my job is so lax generally because I've been in a deep sense of lethargy for the past two weeks and haven't wanted to do shit

Jintor

Jesus fuck. I was typing something on manga, blew my noise unthinkingly, put the tissue down, finished typing my post. Look down, desk and tissue paper are covered in blood.

Ewwwwwwwwwww.

MrSerrels

Jesus fuck. I was typing something on manga, blew my noise unthinkingly, put the tissue down, finished typing my post. Look down, desk and tissue paper are covered in blood.

Ewwwwwwwwwww.

You know what a nose bleed means in anime/manga...

WHAT KIND OF MANGA WERE YOU WRITING ABOUT JINTOR!

Choc

Banned
Tomic can learn a lot from hewitt

hewitt never ever gives up even at match point. Credit to the nation and whilst he was a dick at times, he seems to have turned that around

That said, that should be his last match at Melbourne Park. He has proven to the world he can still match it, but he won't ever reach the top again.

It's time to go and become a cushy commentator :)

ITS SHIT LIKE THIS SERRELS

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/01/meeting-my-daughter-for-the-first-time-in-the-sims/

that make you the best video game journalist in the world. Any other one would scoff at the idea

MrSerrels

Tomic can learn a lot from hewitt

hewitt never ever gives up even at match point. Credit to the nation and whilst he was a dick at times, he seems to have turned that around

That said, that should be his last match at Melbourne Park. He has proven to the world he can still match it, but he won't ever reach the top again.

It's time to go and become a cushy commentator :)

ITS SHIT LIKE THIS SERRELS

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/01/meeting-my-daughter-for-the-first-time-in-the-sims/

that make you the best video game journalist in the world. Any other one would scoff at the idea

Thanks man. Really awesome thing to say!

And re: tennis, totally agree. Hewitt's mental strength is ridiculous. The only other player that I think comes close in that respect is Nadal. If Murray had Hewitt's tenacity he might have a couple of slams under his belt.

I need some people to submit volunteer to provide me with some Log files from my little Steam Cat application. Basically I have it loading all various pieces of data I require, minus a couple small things, but I need some others to run it and save an xml log file and return it to me for some error / verification purposes.

Also a bit of extra testing doesn't hurt. ;) I have suppressed all the save functions until I am happy with them, so you can't damage your data/steam install etc.

Anyone interested, chuck me a PM.

How does it work? I'm interested in trying it out. Is it enhanced chat functionality without games or store or whatever?

Since kritz is in town on saturday and my train line is borked and it's 31c, Fuck!

Does anyone in Melb have any bar suggestions for a potential meetup?

Holy do you want to give a melbgaf meetup another shot?

I would but it's on Saturday. If I'm home this Saturday I'll come along but I really can't promise anything.

Omikron

How does it work? I'm interested in trying it out. Is it enhanced chat functionality without games or store or whatever?

Just lets you edit Steam Categories external to Steam, because the system inside steam is fuck off awful. :p

(ie. I got the shits with it and wanted to play with the steam files to see if I could actually do it.)

If you are interested, it doesn't do much yet other than some reporting as I disabled all the Save features for now until I am happy I won't break peoples Steam. (Fairly sure it does not as mine is still functioning, but you never know and people are dicks). :)

Edit: Cricket Thread time! Aus to bat.

Just lets you edit Steam Categories external to Steam, because the system inside steam is fuck off awful. :p

(ie. I got the shits with it and wanted to play with the steam files to see if I could actually do it.)

If you are interested, it doesn't do much yet other than some reporting as I disabled all the Save features for now until I am happy I won't break peoples Steam. (Fairly sure it does not as mine is still functioning, but you never know and people are dicks). :)

Yeah, that's fair enough. I have two Steam folders (one for a TF2 idle account) so I'd be happy to even test save functionality for you at any point. Just let me know.

I got Ze Goggles and that no-hat hat for the Sniper last night as drops randomly lol. Got Ze Goggles on a pony server, fucking ponies. hate the show but the servers are always populated and around my skill level.

Omikron

Yeah, that's fair enough. I have two Steam folders (one for a TF2 idle account) so I'd be happy to even test save functionality for you at any point. Just let me know.

I got Ze Goggles and that no-hat hat for the Sniper last night as drops randomly lol. Got Ze Goggles on a pony server, fucking ponies. hate the show but the servers are always populated and around my skill level.

Cool, thanks, chucked you a PM with details.

jambo

I've hardly touched my 3DS in the last few weeks since finishing Mario 3D. Anyone interested in a second hand 3DS in great nick?

looks like the last test match marsh will play for years :/

flat deck and batting first..... what else do you want?

Yep, Marsh out and Watson will slot back in. Would like to see Watson coming in first drop with the opening pair left to build on their chemistry and Clarke come in once the new ball is well and truly smashed.

Shaneus

fuuuuuck looking like I might not get friday off s

shit shit shit

fucking work with their incessant need to run staffing levels as close to the wire as possible

/choc

Jintor

You know what a nose bleed means in anime/manga...

WHAT KIND OF MANGA WERE YOU WRITING ABOUT JINTOR!

Industry trends in the US and Japan re digital incomingness? It wasn't that bloody...

If anybody has Trine 2 and would like to play some co-op like, today, that would be rad.

Working friday here, fuck all people will be in, so little or no pressure 8)

I get the feeling most of our workers are going to call in sick so it will be a fucking nightmare to try and keep operations flowing, expect some angry phonecalls from the call centre. Especially since Australia Day is apparently a 'damaging' day for public housing.

Should be great fun! My fault for not organising an annual leave day in advance before the other admin worker did. In any case if I don't work Friday all the work will still be waiting for me on Monday, but now with a shorter deadline and more people chasing me with more vigour.

Choc

Banned
Sharapova showed last night she is the biggest cheat in world tennis

It is common fact that tennis players listen to the way the ball comes off the opposing players raquet to determine whether its a slice, spun etc.

Sharapova grunts to cover the noise of her racquet. And last night when she was losing she started to grunt louder.

Discuss.

Sharapova showed last night she is the biggest cheat in world tennis

It is common fact that tennis players listen to the way the ball comes off the opposing players raquet to determine whether its a slice, spun etc.

Sharapova grunts to cover the noise of her racquet. And last night when she was losing she started to grunt louder.

Discuss.

This was discussed a few days ago (or maybe yesterday). Someone had a link to a study about it being about balance.

The grunt isn't needed though according to the study so she is indeed using it to put the other player off.

I remarked about a game earlier in the week where she started winning more once she started to get the grunts up.

It isn't cheating. They simply aren't pulling them up on it.

She is not the only one doing it.

Choc

Banned
lol @ brendon fevola

BrendanFevola25 : The seagulls think that sharapova is talking to them.. #shreik 14 hours ago

for those who missed it about 20 seagulls flew into the arena last night during her match

Choc

Banned
Let me give you a comparison

In football if as a player shoots towards goal they grunt and shriek, i have to award a free kick t the other team and give the player a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct

because its seen as intentionally distracting the other player. Just like you can't yell miss it you fool when someone is shooting

So if football gets it right, why cant tennis......

In football if as a player shoots towards goal they grunt and shriek, i have to award a free kick t the other team and give the player a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct

because its seen as intentionally distracting the other player. Just like you can't yell miss it you fool when someone is shooting

Sounds like the umpire/referee/whatever in tennis isn't doing their job properly then if it is indeed against the rules.

Can in AFL. Least grassroots footy. Least I did a lot. You're just not allowed to insult their mothers or anything. You can tell them that they're crap at footy though.

Choc

Banned
Can in AFL. Least grassroots footy. Least I did a lot. You're just not allowed to insult their mothers or anything. You can tell them that they're crap at footy though.

You can do it in football if its sledging, just not in a way which is purely designed to intentionally distract a player who has the ball or may need to stop a shot

so

ABC Commentator tweeted this

MitchellGlenn glenn mitchell
You wouldn't want to be in the hotel room next to Maria Sharapova on her wedding night! The bloody noise would drive you mad!

and Jo Griggs said this

Jo Griggs after Sharapova's win.. "you've gotta wonder what she'd be like giving birth!" #wow

LOOOOOOOL

jambo

You can do it in football if its sledging, just not in a way which is purely designed to intentionally distract a player who has the ball or may need to stop a shot

Happens all the time in AFL. Players are jumping around and shouting all kinds of stuff when players take a shot at goal.

Choc, what is the internal word on Modnation Vita? The whole press release about the MP is incredibly funny.

Also Ponting looks good. Hopefully he and Cowan can bat out the day and build us a nice total to kick off from tomorrow.

Here you go Omi.

TKw17.png

A nice big warm cat hug. I sent him back in time to give you a hug while you were still a baby so that you grow up to be a happy, loving child who creates beautiful things that appease peoples OCD.

Also cats like nice warm baby clothing. They wish they could wear it too but, you know, the thumbs and all. That is why they are so opposed to so many things, the lack of useful thumbs makes them grumpy.

Choc

Banned
soooooooo i go to australianopen.com

it says watch live

then it says not available in your region

ITS THE FUCKING AUSTRALIAN OPEN

Top Bottom