• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Tracey did a really interesting article on Kotaku AU which will shortly be buried by US reblogs, but check it out here!

I'd love to do something like it but it'd be such a huge time sink...

I've been thinking of taking the time to make a simple iOS game using an engine like Cocos2D or Sparrow.

It would beat trying to figure out Actionscript, because that fucking shits me for some reason.

Choc

Banned
gamejournos closed :(

you're safe mark

im assuming Ben got offered a job in writing and one of the conditions was shut the site down

Kohli to Clarke, 3 runs, hang on, I think the Indians have appealed for Clarke obstructing the field as he went for a quick single. According to the new laws, a batsman can be given out for changing course during a run and blocking a throw. But Clarke wasn't changing course this time. He was running in a pretty straight line and just sliding his bat in. He wasn't even looking at the ball as Zaheer's throw from square leg bounced off his bat. A ridiculous appeal, a desperate appeal
>_<

Choc

Banned
editing to fix for OMI

TENNIS - WOMENS

clijsters is going to beat wozniacki

wozniack is world no 1 and clisters 11 i think

CRICKET

it should say after a desperate appeal

'an indian appeal'

well known for over appealing that lot

Omikron

clijsters is going to beat wozniacki

wozniack is world no 1 and clisters 11 i think

it should say after a desperate appeal

'an indian appeal'

well known for over appealing that lot

This post should be put up on a poster as a 'classic' choc post.

Jintor

I've been thinking of taking the time to make a simple iOS game using an engine like Cocos2D or Sparrow.

It would beat trying to figure out Actionscript, because that fucking shits me for some reason.

Maybe I'll steal Tracey's angle for my own site and only post things that I felt inspired enough about that I also drew things about them.

jambo

Just found out that Codies have heavily updated F1 2011 on the Vita, looks so much better than the initial gameplay vids.

I think I'm sold on the Vita.

141707.jpg

Muglh.gif

Another ton! Enjoying the summer sun!
Has batted brilliantly this series and has cemented his spot for at least the next tour. Would love to see him hold up the Ashes again if he can keep it together.

Kritz

Banned
MELBOURNE GAF

1: Saturday.
2: Some time in the afternoon.
3: At a bar or place where talking is a thing you can do. The less noisy children, the better.
4: Let me know ahead of time.

I leave for Melb tomorrow at 6am. I will stay in contact via phone. My relatives who I'm staying with have computers as far as I know. I should probably bring my laptop.

If all the bums in Adelaide fight, who is left to be spectators ?

All the cool people.
Actually that is a great idea. Fence the place up Arkham City style and film every nook and cranny 24/7 for our viewing pleasure. Also drop some demo derby cars and a high octane Pommy touch man in there. Height not necessary.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So who the fuck is from Melbourne? Let's get a show of hands who might be able to turn up for a few hours on Saturday arvo at like 1pm for a few drinks and a meetup since kritz is in town.

Don't be a bunch of lazy fucks. We need numbers if it's going to happen!

Kritz

Banned
So who the fuck is from Melbourne? Let's get a show of hands who might be able to turn up for a few hours on Saturday arvo at like 1pm for a few drinks and a meetup since kritz is in town.

if it helps, tasgaf was great even with three people. More room to talk.

Omikron

I am out due to family commitments.

Dead Man

Good piece from ABC

http://abc.com.au/unleashed/3789816.html

There was a time, not that long ago, where people took political action; they'd strike for higher wages and safer workplaces, march against unjust wars, set up blockades against inappropriate developments.

Today our political agenda is dominated by the corporate activist, who mobilise their forces against industry regulation and taxation with all the verve of a shop steward but with much, much deeper pockets.

The mining industry may have led the way with its multi-billion dollar windfall for a $22 million investment, but the clubs lobby has not done too badly securing a $36 million rebate for agreeing to trial measures to protect problem gambling in a bid to silence its $5 million campaign. And that's just for the ACT.

You can accuse the Federal Government of a lot of things with its change of direction on poker machine reform, but you can't accuse it of bowing to public opinion.

As this week's Essential Report shows, the policy of mandatory pre-commitment remains popular with the voting public, across partisan lines, but particularly amongst Labor voters.

The decision has not been made because the public's mood has changed, opposition has actually fallen over the summer despite the concerted campaign being waged by the clubs lobby.
f9KE.png

Support is about 10 per cent lower in NSW and Queensland, where the clubs have concentrated their pressure, but even here support is still above the 50 per cent threshold.

The Prime Minster clearly had a list of compelling tactical reasons driving her decision to trial the technology rather than put forward legislation. The defection of Peter Slipper meant the Wilkie hold on the Government was not so compelling, local MPs were copping a caning from the clubs campaigns in electorates where the influence of these behemoths was wide and the fight risked diverting the Government from its own policy agenda.

True also that the trial into pre-commitment technology will proceed, albeit with an unsightly back-hander to the same clubs who have spent millions belting the Government.

But there is an inevitable cost in walking away from a policy that the Government had spent the better part of 2011 championing. It's not just the sinking feeling that this is a government with its fingers crossed behind its back, particularly on a pressing social issue causing obvious misery in the community.

Even worse is the sinking feeling that this is a government that would back down to corporate lobbying dressed up as community campaigning, particularly one with such a bad slogan. UnAustralian is surely the lowest common denominator of political sledging.

Third party campaigning has become a fact of life in Australian politics. The clubs campaign against mandatory pre-commitment and the mining industry campaign against the Resources Super Profits Tax have seen corporates bring their deep pockets to the playbooks unions and community groups have pioneered.

The success of the clubs campaign is the result of a well-executed strategy to spook backbenchers in marginal seats, in the context of a precarious government.

The shame of it - as with the mining tax - is that its success belies community sentiment.

Just as Australians, despite any number of glossy ads, believe highly profitable multi-national miners should pay a fair share of tax on large profits, so we support measures to limit the damage wrought to families by poker machines.

In the tension between the political agendas of corporates and citizens, it has become the new orthodoxy that the former wins out.

I more than likely can't due to aforementioned girlfriendy things.

Any other Ausgaffers as psyched for a new SSX? I can't wait, SSX3 is one of my favourite games of all time.

Heaps love snowboarding games. I even tracked down a copy of SSX3 for Xbox recently so I could play it with a 360 control pad. I bought my original copy for Gamecube and the control pad works really well.

Amped 3 was the last snowboarding I played, good times. Hopefully the new ssx is decent.

CAN THEY PLEASE BAN THAT GRUNTING AND STUPID SOUND-MAKING AT THE TENNIS??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Some woman playing right now sounds like a bird and a falling bomb. Every. Single. Hit. How is this ok?

It seems to be the norm now.

Picturing Choc getting pulled up by security after walking out of a store with a flag that he hasn't paid for.

IT'S THE FUCKING AUSTRALIAN FLAG!

I laughed.

wow nadal in for a fight

Finally, a close game.

So it takes TasGAF to make MelbGAF meet up...

didnt it take a melbgaf for sydgaf meet up?

puts his hand in the air like he just dont care

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

Working.

Top Bottom