• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fredescu

Picturing Choc getting pulled up by security after walking out of a store with a flag that he hasn't paid for.

IT'S THE FUCKING AUSTRALIAN FLAG!

At least he isn't stealing Koalas out of the Sydney Zoo yet.

so my brain kicked in and i thought ok maybe 7 has digital rights

go to website to watch

nada

wtf
Probably Foxtel related for digital streaming? Maybe the official site sold the rights to Sky or someone for overseas viewers.

A TRUE Australian would have taken their annual leave for the whole event Choc! Not using that scum internet to steal content without paying for the privilege to watch it.

legend166

I've hardly touched my 3DS in the last few weeks since finishing Mario 3D. Anyone interested in a second hand 3DS in great nick?

If I didn't just spend all that money on my car I'd be so tempted for this.

Then again I'm wondering if I should just wait and buy one in America.

Also, I think I said this the other day, but EVERYONE needs to play Gemini Rue. I really, really like that game. You probably all own it since it was in an indie bundle.

legend166

Can in AFL. Least grassroots footy. Least I did a lot. You're just not allowed to insult their mothers or anything. You can tell them that they're crap at footy though.

The good old "you've got chewy on your boots" comes to mind here.

I also use to pull out the "Mate, mate, hold up, just wait a second, the umpire wants to talk to you."

Also, I think I said this the other day, but EVERYONE needs to play Gemini Rue. I really, really like that game. You probably all own it since it was in an indie bundle.
This man is correct. The music is INCREDIBLE too. Would be very interested in seeing Josh Nuernberger join Double Fine and create so high quality, mature XBLA/PSN/Steam games.

Walked into bathroom, dude was using his phone at the urinal

that's weird right
Totally! It is fine to browse Twitter while bopping away to music on wireless headphones on the throne though right?

Stackboy

Any other Ausgaffers as psyched for a new SSX? I can't wait, SSX3 is one of my favourite games of all time.

Heaps love snowboarding games. I even tracked down a copy of SSX3 for Xbox recently so I could play it with a 360 control pad. I bought my original copy for Gamecube and the control pad works really well.

CAN THEY PLEASE BAN THAT GRUNTING AND STUPID SOUND-MAKING AT THE TENNIS??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Some woman playing right now sounds like a bird and a falling bomb. Every. Single. Hit. How is this ok?

Muglh.gif

141705.jpg

The champ continues on. Great 50 Punter, hope for a few more to come.

Choc

Banned
CAN THEY PLEASE BAN THAT GRUNTING AND STUPID SOUND-MAKING AT THE TENNIS??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Some woman playing right now sounds like a bird and a falling bomb. Every. Single. Hit. How is this ok?

Azeranka

And guess what if she wins she plays Sharapova

The grunt off

It would have to be hurting the ratings by now. Can't stand watching it.

Any other Ausgaffers as psyched for a new SSX? I can't wait, SSX3 is one of my favourite games of all time.

Heaps love snowboarding games. I even tracked down a copy of SSX3 for Xbox recently so I could play it with a 360 control pad. I bought my original copy for Gamecube and the control pad works really well.
Loved Amped 3. Still need to get around to playing Stoked. Wasn't overly impressed with the 5 minutes I booted it up for. Seems like a grower though. I actually really enjoyed Shawwwwwn White Snowboarding on the PC, was a lot of fun.

Choc

Banned
Sharapova and company have grunted for years and years and nobody cared before. Why is everyone up in arms about it suddenly. What did did i miss?

it happens every year. The difference is when sharapova hit the tour, about 90% of females grunted

now its only about 2 who do it all the time. azeranka and sharapova

There are players who grunted before that no longer do. Venus and Serena williams for one

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Fapp! Beer, well pub meetup drinking locations in melb. You should know some!

Choc

Banned
i really dont think you will ;)

:)

u all seem to crap on vita ;_;

edit: oh fuck i see what you did there

by the way if anyone is SERIOUS about vita. If you buy the 3G model and setup and recharge prepaid data with vodafone, you get wipeout vita from PSN free

u all seem to crap on vita ;_;

It's a nice looking piece of kit but I'm less a tech enthusiast and more just a guy that likes to play video games, and the software just isn't there to interest me yet. I can see the launch lineup appealing to others, but nothing really there for me. Well, Gravity Rush looks pretty neat.

I'm keen to get one once some games that I want pop up, though. We'll see what happens after E3.

jambo

How much are you asking for?

Probably something like $180 for the system, charging dock and charger, Ambassador games, an "Executive" case and a game of your choice.

Super Mario 3D Land
Ocarina of Time 3D
Pokemon Black
Super Scribblenauts
TrackMania DS

There are also a few other random gameboy and GBA games on it from the eShop.

You can have all the games if you want, for the right price.

Jintor

Tracey did a really interesting article on Kotaku AU which will shortly be buried by US reblogs, but check it out here!

I'd love to do something like it but it'd be such a huge time sink...

Stackboy

Loved Amped 3. Still need to get around to playing Stoked. Wasn't overly impressed with the 5 minutes I booted it up for. Seems like a grower though. I actually really enjoyed Shawwwwwn White Snowboarding on the PC, was a lot of fun.

SSX 3 is better than all the other games you mentioned. The new SSX looks like it could be a winner. Been my most anticipated since it was announced.

senahorse

Very psyched. Snowboarding is one of my favourite video game genres. SSX3 was amazing, and still hasn't been bettered to this day (Amped 3 was very good though). The thing I really liked about SSX3 was that when you unlocked all mountains you could do all of the peaks in one run, and if my memory serves me correctly it went for about 50 minutes (edit: looking at videos it was considerably shorter than that, but maybe I just took my time as I preferred tricks over racing). It's a shame the new SSX doesn't have this feature but it looks great all the same.

I was sure I heard last year there was going to be a PC version but now all I can find are references to PS3/360 which isn't a deal breaker but I would have much preferred to have it on PC (1080/60, loads of AA etc). Hopefully a few people from AusGAF get it (I will probably go with the 360 version) for score/time chasing, as I believe it's using the same system as NFS used for highscore tracking.

Top Bottom