• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

midonnay

oh presi uhm prime ministoodle....

reuben729-420x0.jpg

Fredescu

A position sometimes opens up when someone has to leave if they don't love it here.
Which raises an interesting dilemma. If someone were to suggest a newcomer leave because the country is full, that implies a level of disatisfaction on the part of the suggestor with how things are currently. One could posit that they in fact "don't like it".

Danoss

Which raises an interesting dilemma. If someone were to suggest a newcomer leave because the country is full, that implies a level of disatisfaction on the part of the suggestor with how things are currently. One could posit that they in fact "don't like it".

That's far too rational! We don't 'preciate your kind 'round 'ere.

Logic Loop initiated.

remz

Logic Loop initiated.
I imagine said loop causes bogan brain explosion
My Facebook profile is super depressing today. What's with the sudden wave or racism and xenophobia?
Today was truly an awful day for learning more about the people in the "kinda sorta know on facebook but only really still have them added because I'm too lazy to delete them" group. :|

Fredescu

I don't think I'm much of an egotist, but I keep reading that thread in Gaming as "Current, Former THQ employees are anoymously demanding execs be fred".

Would be a decent pay rise I guess, but the commute would suck.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
MelbGAF confirmation list

Kritz
evlcookie
HolyCheck
BananaArnie

Shaneus
Cods

Those in bold are confirmed. Anyone else want to add themselves to the list?

I don't think I'm much of an egotist, but I keep reading that thread in Gaming as "Current, Former THQ employees are anoymously demanding execs be fred".

Would be a decent pay rise I guess, but the commute would suck.

I'm sure you could run the company into the ground with the rest of them from home fine.

Shaneus

Beside being a Melbourne tradition, there's no reason to bother you already have somewhere else to go.
Cue 5 AusGAFfers all sitting at different tables because no-one's game enough to ask "are you from the internet?". Also, the weather had better be top shit.

CIMG0038.JPG

Picked up an 8 pack of Monleith for $20, great deal. The gf should enjoy the lemon beer.
The sweetheart on the far-right is my baby. Let me know how the others go! You'd already tried the apple, yes? Curious about the pear.

Yoshiya

My Facebook profile is super depressing today. What's with the sudden wave or racism and xenophobia?

Yesterday I posted the Age's story on UWA's flag flying study along with a snide comment about academia uncovering the obvious. I received some surprisingly uncomfortable and offended responses, including a half hearted defence of southern cross tattoos. Don't know what to think.

It's a shame Kerrby is long dead, he could have been relied upon to say something sufficiently disgusting to trigger good debate.

It's been a good while since I've seen any overtly racist or xenophobic shit though, and last time I did I made sure that the person in question was victim to the ridicule they deserved.

Yagharek

Yesterday I posted the Age's story on UWA's flag flying study along with a snide comment about academia uncovering the obvious. I received some surprisingly uncomfortable and offended responses, including a half hearted defence of southern cross tattoos. Don't know what to think.

It's a shame Kerrby is long dead, he could have been relied upon to say something sufficiently disgusting to trigger good debate.

It's been a good while since I've seen any overtly racist or xenophobic shit though, and last time I did I made sure that the person in question was victim to the ridicule they deserved.

Southern cross tattoos have ruined a perfectly enjoyable apparent stellar grouping. I vote we change our flag to include the Carina constellation, since we know it has a chance in the next million years of being a shining light.

Agyar

The sweetheart on the far-right is my baby. Let me know how the others go! You'd already tried the apple, yes? Curious about the pear.

Monteith's make quite a few solid beverages. I particularly like their Celtic Red. The ciders are definitely better than average, including the pear. However, if you want a real man's cider from NZ, please direct your mouth to an Old Mout Scrumpy.

The pear is waaay better than the apple. Love it so far. The gf really liked the radler too, had a bit more of a sour green lemon taste to it which was nice enough for me. Still haven't tried the beer in the pack, got distracted and now it is late and I am very sleepy.

Why do you make things hard Steam? Why?!

AkAA_DqCEAIoGZc.png:large

All I want is to read your precious files.
Seems pretty straight forward to me. I'll tell you in the morning though as I am very sleepy.

Omikron

Seems pretty straight forward to me. I'll tell you in the morning though as I am very sleepy.

Oh I have ideas, I just hope its not a major bug in my reader that is all and rather I need to extract some extra data to eliminate the demo entries.

Edit: Fixed in a completely bullshit way and not in a way that makes the perfectionist happy.

Gazunta

oh presi uhm prime ministoodle....

reuben729-420x0.jpg

OK, that made me laugh.

Good holy Christ am I glad tomorrow's a public holiday.

I plan on eating Chinese food and watching an American movie shot in England before playing video games made in Japan.

The video game is MARIO GOLF.

Got ICS working on the HP TouchPad tonight. Not 100% convinced Android is better than WebOS on tablets but the keyboard is much, much better.

Shaneus

The pear is waaay better than the apple. Love it so far. The gf really liked the radler too, had a bit more of a sour green lemon taste to it which was nice enough for me. Still haven't tried the beer in the pack, got distracted and now it is late and I am very sleepy.
Oh shit, really? Will have to indulge in a 6 24-pack tomorrow perhaps. Celebrate Australia by drinking something made in New Zealand.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tomorrow is my last shift of work, unfortunately. They don't have hours to give me and my Christmas casual contract is ending. What a shame. I was hoping to stick around. Good people to work with, and I liked the job. But I did expect it to end, and that was always on the cards, so oh well.

Being a public holiday it should be pretty damn quiet, which is good, as I'm going to be underslept.

Also I am no longer a writer for PALGN, like a lot of the staff there. But more on that later.

Bernbaum

You were more than just a mere contributor though weren't you? Like, didn't you run shit?

-

England has a thing called Dr. Pepper Zero. It is a closer approximation of standard Dr. P than Coke Zero is of Coke. A godsend.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You were more than just a mere contributor though weren't you? Like, didn't you run shit?

Not really. I was a writer, though from time to time ran regular features, and made sure to attend any events in Melbourne. I also met with Nintendo a few times. Otherwise I wasn't in any managerial or editor position.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You should come to the melbgaf meet up and drown your sorrows with expensive alcohol.

I can't imagine a seating position where the iPad works. I'm currently sitting up in bed trying to use this thing. My neck is starting to hurt after having to look down on it after about 10 minutes. It's annoying to hold in your hands and use at the same time.

It feels like a 5 minute device and not something suited for long periods of time. Maybe I need to hit the gym for better neck strength!

You should come to the melbgaf meet up and drown your sorrows with expensive alcohol.

I can't imagine a seating position where the iPad works. I'm currently sitting up in bed trying to use this thing. My neck is starting to hurt after having to look down on it after about 10 minutes. It's annoying to hold in your hands and use at the same time.

It feels like a 5 minute device and not something suited for long periods of time. Maybe I need to hit the gym for better neck strength!

Why don't you bend your knees and rest it on that?

I'm feeling very patriotic all of a sudden.

Well, by that, I mean that I seem to be saluting all of sudden.

Edit: Nothing says "Happy Australia Day" like an Aussie flag being held up by someone dressed as an American Hero that symbolises the great American dream of misogyny and literal and figurative bondage.

Why a Wonder Woman cosplay? Why?

Fredescu

England has a thing called Dr. Pepper Zero. It is a closer approximation of standard Dr. P than Coke Zero is of Coke. A godsend.
I was just thinking yesterday that I wished we had something like this. My work supplies free Coke Zero which is nice, but it's a little bland. I'm not much of a soft drink drinker, but Dr Pepper Zero or Sars Zero is my dream.

Diet Dr Pepper is hard to get, but it was available at that donut shop on the corner of Elizabeth St and Flinders St in Melbourne. I said available in past tense, as they didn't have any last time I went. :(

Top Bottom