• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

stonedwal

Also I am no longer a writer for PALGN, like a lot of the staff there. But more on that later.
I'd only just heard about the mass exodus over there, but I don't really know any of the current staff so I'm in the dark regarding the details. It's kind of sad thinking that something I spent so much of my early 20s working on might be gone (was one of the original staff, the first editor, wrote 250+ reviews and features, even met my fiancee through there), especially after seeing the site move in positive directions after I'd left. I guess I'd better start archiving my work.

Yeah those are pretty good too. Is there a diet version?

Not that I know of. It's all about the high fructose corn syrup!

Edit: Apparently there is!
american-a-w-diet-root-beer-12-pack-565-p.jpg

Oh I have ideas, I just hope its not a major bug in my reader that is all and rather I need to extract some extra data to eliminate the demo entries.

Edit: Fixed in a completely bullshit way and not in a way that makes the perfectionist happy.

Merry Australia Day everyone! Couldn't be happier to be living in Australia, anywhere else in the world and I would have already starved to death. I love you guys.

To celebrate here are pictures mildly related to Australia.
funny-pictures-australian-bobsled-team-koalas.jpg

funny-pictures-australian-cat-reads-american-captions.jpg

205428-gilard-flag-sex.jpg

Oh shit, really? Will have to indulge in a 6 24-pack tomorrow perhaps. Celebrate Australia by drinking something made in New Zealand.
I always found it a bit hypocritical that for 11 months of the year NZ are called sheep shaggers yet for one month a year Australians are meant to hang their hat on their expansive sheep trade. Especially since my dad is a Kiwi it was quite strange to hear the banter at the pub change from light hearted jabs about sheep fucking to being about how sheep are the beez neez and Australia is the best place in the world because we have so many. Maybe it was just part of living in the bush.

Also I am no longer a writer for PALGN, like a lot of the staff there. But more on that later.
Sorry to hear that, hope you have something else lined up. PALGN never caught my attention long enough to keep going back to.

Why don't you bend your knees and rest it on that?
Yeah that is my go to move for any device in bed, even the PSP or DS.

England has a thing called Dr. Pepper Zero. It is a closer approximation of standard Dr. P than Coke Zero is of Coke. A godsend.
Sounds incredible, love Dr Pepper and if there is one with no sugar I would pretty much live on it.

Fingers crossed that Pakistan does Australia proud this Australia Day.
Will be watching that game intently in the hopes that England fall apart and decide they don't want to be number 1.

Your mum tastes like cough medicine.
Your dad tastes like Demazin.

I'd only just heard about the mass exodus over there, but I don't really know any of the current staff so I'm in the dark regarding the details. It's kind of sad thinking that something I spent so much of my early 20s working on might be gone (was one of the original staff, the first editor, wrote 250+ reviews and features, even met my fiancee through there), especially after seeing the site move in positive directions after I'd left. I guess I'd better start archiving my work.

I just realised I used to enjoy reading your Easy Mode column. Very late question but after reading the last Easy Mode I was wondering if you knew who handled the marketing/distribution for Fury as you were correct that it was EVERYWHERE but no-one bought it (me included, damn uni internet).

Dr Pepper? A&W? Do you people not have taste buds?

I hope sachin gets his century today. Good wicket for it.

Sucks about PALGN eatchildren. And about the site in general, it was one I always meant to read more but never did. So I'll take the blame I guess

stonedwal

I just realised I used to enjoy reading your Easy Mode column. Very late question but after reading the last Easy Mode I was wondering if you knew who handled the marketing/distribution for Fury as you were correct that it was EVERYWHERE but no-one bought it (me included, damn uni internet).
I am pretty sure they self published Fury locally, and Gamecock handled the US release.

Grug

Happy Australia/Invasion Day AusGAF.

Have a good one.

We're trying to host a barbecue in the middle of a monsoon in Brisbane. Going to be tricky.

EDIT: A&W Root Beer is the shit btw!

KAP151

Happy Australia day fellas.

The Coopers are already on ice just waiting to be tackled.

And remember, if you have anything with an Aussie flag on it, you're a racist.

Kritz

Banned
Melbourne is supposed to only be like 20 degrees! Your city is full of shit. This isn't 20 degrees. It's like 50 or something. :(

I hope sachin gets his century today. Good wicket for it.
Too bad! Only several replays it certainly looks like Ponting had his fingers between the ball and the ground.

I am pretty sure they self published Fury locally, and Gamecock handled the US release.
Wonder where the marketing manager went to then, would have been a good pickup to grab him.

Melbourne is supposed to only be like 20 degrees! Your city is full of shit. This isn't 20 degrees. It's like 50 or something. :(
It isn't Australia Day unless it is clear skys and low 30 degrees! Perfect for backyard cricket and a bbq

Kritz

Banned
Instead today seems to be backyard pool ( I can't swim due to medical reasons - the chlorine in pools triggers something in my non-working ear ) and oven-cooked meat.

I prefer my mother's side for these kinds of things. Shit beer, burned BBQ food and racism all around.

I ain't complaining. It's really just the heat I can't stand. I should buy some shorts... And put them in a bin before going back to tassie.

Shaneus

Merry Australia Day everyone! Couldn't be happier to be living in Australia, anywhere else in the world and I would have already starved to death. I love you guys.
<3
I echo these sentiments, too. Love you all :)

I always found it a bit hypocritical that for 11 months of the year NZ are called sheep shaggers yet for one month a year Australians are meant to hang their hat on their expansive sheep trade. Especially since my dad is a Kiwi it was quite strange to hear the banter at the pub change from light hearted jabs about sheep fucking to being about how sheep are the beez neez and Australia is the best place in the world because we have so many. Maybe it was just part of living in the bush.
Sheep shearing "season" goes for a month, then?

To be honest, I never really hear a lot of shit being thrown at them nowadays. Another gaming forum I visit has a NZ reg on there who is usually first to pay his own country out, but mostly because of the batshit insane prices.

It probably also helps that they're almost better at paying themselves* out than Australians, so they've moved up the ranks a lot in my book. Nice place, too.

Sounds incredible, love Dr Pepper and if there is one with no sugar I would pretty much live on it.
I used to love the shit when it was sold here. I think I remember a promo for buy X get 1 free? Pretty sure I guzzled the shit out of it for that reason alone.

For some weird reason, the moment I heard they made Dr. Pepper-flavoured Lip Smakers, I bought two from the states. In a similar vein (but far more justifiable to blokey-blokes) are these. Also these, but sold out :( I usually run into a few places in my travels that sell the gamut of imported American stuff, so I'll keep an eye out.

Also sold out :(

Hey AusGAF. Any recommendations for a decent gaming headset/mic? I'm thinking either the official 360 one or this (if I can find it in Australia) but there are conflicting reports about whether it's any good or not. Also, I don't know how it would fit under my Scratch that. Found this which is designed to work with the X41 for adding mic support for PS3 (and PC via BT, I'd assume). Also may be worth looking at as a cheap regular BT headset as it's a reptilescorpio-approved** bargain at $20!

26, ya weirdo.

*not strictly a pisstake, but it doesn't try to hide it's NZ-ness, so it kinda counts.
**not yet approved

Whelp, whitewash will be completed today by the looks of it. Some great catching so far.

I use the Logitech wireless 7.1 G930 for the PC. Just run 360/PS3 through the TV. I do recall Turtle Beach having a set of wireless headphones that handle all 3 platforms.

legend166

Were you from the IGN PAL CB?

I've got big plans to have a quiet beers at a mates, complain about the current state of music, and head home on the early afternoon to play skyrim. Plan fucking sorted.

Shaneus

Whelp, whitewash will be completed today by the looks of it. Some great catching so far.

I use the Logitech wireless 7.1 G930 for the PC. Just run 360/PS3 through the TV. I do recall Turtle Beach having a set of wireless headphones that handle all 3 platforms.
Yah, knew you had that... I actually remember pouncing on my current X41s when you were but a stranger 'round these parts. The multi-platform (out of the box) ones are the PX5s, but are essentially identical save for cosmetics, inbuilt BT and a basic programmable EQ (which is apparently somewhat worthless anyway).

Having watched a few videos though, I've somehow been a complete nonce and only just realised I could get the 5.1->headphone downmixed to regular headphones through the jack on the base. Fuck. Could've been using awesomer wired cans all this time!

Recovering from drinking classy Woodstock last night with with lady and her cousins. Feeling interesting today. We walked to the Safeway bottleo and on the way back with the slab in a stolen trolley, we walked past a bunch of cop cars and drug vans arresting people from a drug house.

Then we went home, cracked open a woody and watched Carl Barron and then Zombieland. yay. I may be able to come to the meetup. No promises but I may be in the city around lunch on Saturday

Top Bottom