• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Rezbit

Everyone does mate. Life is full of ups and downs. All you can do is take a deep breath, put on some choice tunes and see what tomorrow is like. Plenty of time left, only January after all, for some good to come your way.

Thanks buddy :)

Just wondering WTF I am doing with myself. Got a mountain of bills, wondering if it was right to quit my job and go back to uni, wondering if I should go back to an old job, wondering why I've been single for over a year and have done nothing about it. I guess if I'm not happy I need to do something about it hey!

Anyway, that makes me feel much too vulnerable saying all that haha.

Regarding Skyrim, they recently released a beta patch on PC that improved performance ridiculously. I had random frame drops in town and now get 60 fps everywhere.

Skyrim half price tomorrow at GMG, $30USD.

Damn!
I waited for cheaper skyrim for two months for cheap imported skyrim before breaking down and getting it for $53 from GMG last week. Still its not like i wont easily get an insane amount of value out of skyrim.

Its either Skyrim or Take on Helicopters vying for my time. TOH is the best game i have ever played in the many years i have been a gamer. Its is a fantastic technical achievement and is the pinnacle of helicopter simulator software. I would gladly sell my house and everything in it in order to buy every single copy of Take on Helicopters.

I tried to buy a second copy at EB games but they sold out of their allotment, such was the popularity of the game. I intend to buy copies for all of my family and friends, even the ones that arent wannabe helicoter pilots.

Buy take on helicopters

Either that or listen to Take On Me by A-ha.

Choc

Banned
a $9 surcharge for a meal on Australia Day?

Thats unaustralian

and in NSW illegal. I took the receipt and fair trading shall take ownership of it.

Skyrim will be 50% (30$) off on GMG soon, if you don't get it you aren't welcome here.

Edit: God dengit reptile
Good to repost for the superior 50ppp peoples!
Also I still don't have it as I value my (lol) productivity.

Just wondering WTF I am doing with myself. Got a mountain of bills, wondering if it was right to quit my job and go back to uni, wondering if I should go back to an old job, wondering why I've been single for over a year and have done nothing about it. I guess if I'm not happy I need to do something about it hey!
Life moves fast. This time 3 years ago I was starting back at uni part time after dropping out and managing a shitty pizza place for $15 an hour and being toyed around with by the girl I had been chasing for 3 months. I could barely get out of bed in the morning let alone the prospect of doing anything more than spending 7 hours a day getting lost in Wikipedia and wondering where the day had gone. Every day.
Now I have a full time job, future wife, current son, a huge list of bills to pay every month and I actually get shit done around the place which still blows my mind. Back then it took me all week to decide if I wanted to catch up with a mate who lived only 10 minutes away, let alone make a decision that would result in a flow of money.
My best mate who I hadn't heard from in about 6 months is pretty cruisy and had gotten bored and decided to go to the Gold Coast and rack up $4000 worth of debt in the form of music gear so he would have to get off his arse and do something to earn it back. Busked up there for a month and had a great time.
The only real turning point I can think of was instead of thinking about if something was worth it I would take every opportunity that came my way that didn't immediately set off warning bells. Makes life much more interesting.

About that...
Buy 2 burgers. Chicks like it when you flash the cash and show that you can handle forking over more than a tenner.

a $9 surcharge for a meal on Australia Day?

Thats unaustralian

and in NSW illegal. I took the receipt and fair trading shall take ownership of it.

What %

Saw a sign for 15% surcharge here on the central coast NSW at a cafe in the shopping centre for anything from the kitchen. Great sentence.

Deeku

:eek: Jint back in the game already???! Dayum son!

Also you didn't answer my question so I'll ask again!

What do you want to eat, price range, preferred part of the city etc. ?

Jintor

It's not an official date per se, but I kind of don't want to just randomly grab a burger. Just like a sushi joint or something would be sweet.

If it was a dinner I'd go grab something at the Star Bar or something... might be okay for lunch as well...

Deeku

Masuya then! Book to be seated at the sushi bar if that's your thing. Eat sushi or get a rad bento.

Near the top of O'Connel st.

9235 2717

Done.

What if Jintor decides her burger looks better than his ?

What then, Reptile ?
He has a decision to make.

Can he see himself with this mammal in 5, 10 maybe even 20 years time?
Can he ultimately judge how much she will appreciate the fact that she is receiving the royal serving of burger?
Can he establish the estimated difference of joy in terms of percentage between the two burgers and the resulting affect on the his mood, so as to avoid falling into a deep seated want for the blessed portion of burger that would derail the evening?
Can he fathom the extra, or diminished, amount of nutritional goodness bestowed through the intake of this superior sample?
Can he foresee coitus as part of the extracurricular activity program for the night, deciding which mammal would be most affected by the glorious meal and therefore the enjoyment enjoyed by all, dependant of course on if he has tickets on himself?

Best bet is to accidentally knock it onto the floor so the chef has to make up another one, repeating until the moron CAN MAKE TWO SIMPLE MEALS LOOK THE DAMN SAME. YOU COOKS NEED TO WATCH JUNIOR MASTERCHEF AND SEE HOW IT IS DONE IN THE BIG LEAGUES.

Jintor

Hey, not bad. Thanks deeky.

That reminds me, we need to get that SydGaf thing going, and I don't know if board games or another pub reservation is preferable.

Salazar

Incidentally, 'sup Shan, if you still read while banned.

Dunno why you wouldn't. This is fascinating. Jintor taking a huge gamble with sushi over burgers.

Salazar

Shanshan got banned?!?

She posted something to the effect of "STOP FIGHTING, ATHEISTS AND THEISTS, IT'S BORING AND FUTILE" in that big thread, and she got crunched for it. Not long term, I don't think.

Oh, with the Harrison whogivesashit.gif, which is apparently a bit of a self-destructor.

I'm just bitter/playing, Jintor. The way my situation is going, burgers (even five burgers) might not close the deal.

trinest

I want this one (or an m3)

aRMIY4sNwNQ7uCm.jpeg

e30s are the best fricken era of BMW.

Illegal? It seems like something they have to do in order to pay penalty rates.

No idea on the laws. If the place advertises the price difference before you sit down I see no problem with it. They can set what ever prices they want, if it is not worth that price people will go elsewhere.

Salazar

This is even more fascinating. Do tell!

Nothing so intriguing. I realise that sentence may have given the impression I am interested in a competitive eating champ. Not so.

Just completely enchanted by someone who might, might be vaguely interested in return, but who might also merely be merely a wonderful person and what I take for interest is simply an aspect of wonderfulness. And I will never know unless I move.

I tip if they make it convenient. Like, if there's just a jar or bowl or something I can lob money into, I'll do it.

Jintor

Nothing so intriguing. I realise that sentence may have given the impression I am interested in a competitive eating champ. Not so.

Just completely enchanted by someone who might, might be vaguely interested in return, but who might also merely be merely a wonderful person and what I take for interest is simply an aspect of wonderfulness. And I will never know unless I move.

ain't that always the way

It's not always the way

Danoss

That reminds me, we need to get that SydGaf thing going, and I don't know if board games or another pub reservation is preferable.

What's to say we can't do both?

By that, I don't mean board games at the pub, but we could do two different things. Those that are interested in board games can do that on one occasion, then we can do a pub meet for the whole group on another

Deeku

Dat uncertainty, lol!

Make the move.

I'm just glad One fucking Direction aren't trending on twitter today.

Also has Young Talent Time been axed yet?

Thankfully Converge are recording a new album as we speak.

Top Bottom