• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Dead Man

Yes, yes I did. Testers get credit. :p

Lol @ bern.
Sign me up!
LOL
That's right, pile it on. I have no right to be offended, whether I was mistaken in my interpretation or not, right?

Ummm... are you okay? Really. Are you okay? Everyone misinterprets things on the internet, it is almost the defining feature of the medium.

Shaneus

Lovely weather today
Nah, it's shit. Why you being so obviously sarcastic? Don't be a negative Nancy. Just embrace the shitness.

So everyone should give Omi's Cat changer a try! It is good.

Also I hope Wade does well, have been hoping for his inclusion for a long while now.
I last tried the build from around midday yesterday. Is that the final one? PM link? And do categories save on the cloud of Steam given I use multiple computers?

Also, Steam group chat isn't in the iOS app, just individual chat :(

Anyway, so...

Would be interesting to know if Haddin might've been 'rested' sooner if Tim Paine had been fit and available. Great to see Matty Wade get a crack, though - he's a good lad.

Possibly, but Wade is the pretty obvious go to guy if you wanted Haddin out with Paine injured. Hell he might be the go to guy with Paine fit.

Also are you new? Have you answered the questions? Or have I skipped a bunch of pages? (the answer to that question is yes)

Choc

Banned
So i've got my mitts on the NDA for Final Fantasy XIII

lets just say that all reviews of this game that are not based off someone buying the game and writing about it will be bastardised to the shitter

There is a LOT of stuff you are not allowed to talk about.

Anyway, so...

Would be interesting to know if Haddin might've been 'rested' sooner if Tim Paine had been fit and available. Great to see Matty Wade get a crack, though - he's a good lad.
I got the feeling that the selectors would have been much more interested in dropping Haddon from the Test team at the very least if Paine was up and running.

Danoss

Ummm... are you okay? Really. Are you okay? Everyone misinterprets things on the internet, it is almost the defining feature of the medium.

Yes people do misinterpret things on the internet, it happens.

And no, I'm not okay. Something bad happened to me recently and I'm still trying to deal with it. Sharing it here on this forum won't do me any good, especially after the reaction I've had after baring an insecurity.

lets just say that all reviews of this game that are not based off someone buying the game and writing about it will be bastardised to the shitter

How did you get it? Will you get in shit if you release it? If not, fucking do it.

Dead Man

And no, I'm not okay. Something bad happened to me recently and I'm still trying to deal with it. Sharing it here on this forum won't do me any good, especially after the reaction I've had after baring an insecurity.

Well, take care man.

You'd be surprised at how supportive these idiots can be.

edit: it is ultimately up to you if you choose to share it with us of course. if you dont want to, then that's fine.

Omikron

I last tried the build from around midday yesterday. Is that the final one? PM link? And do categories save on the cloud of Steam given I use multiple computers?

Also, Steam group chat isn't in the iOS app, just individual chat :(

New one allows you to save changes to Steam. My suggestion is close Steam, Save, Restart Steam. Happiness.

Just need to implement a couple more things:
- Drag/Drop between existing categories.
- Version checker.
- Fix bug when adding from far left hand list for a game you don't own, seems that RS managed to create a duplicate somehow. So don't do that for the time being :p (Doesn't appear in Steam, just looks odd in the Category Utility.

:)

Sign me up!.

Chuck me an email -> omi@omiblog.com and I will link you up.

hamchan

XIII-2? What more can there be to the game that they don't want us to know besides story?

We already know:
Serah and Noel are the two mains.
Lightning isn't playable except for a brief moment, despite all the cover art and marketing being based on her.
There is monster catching.
There is time travel.
Levels aren't completely linear anymore.
There are towns where you can talk to people and buy things.
The game is shorter than XIII, maybe only 30 hour long.

What more can they hide?

All that matters is the score Choc. Everyone knows that!

Choc

Banned
i get why they do it

i get why they exist

i have even been guilty of it myself, but in true media freedoms, you wouldn't be allowed to dictate this stuff

there is nothing to stop someone buying it and writing the exact review they want.

im not going into further details but basically you can only talk about the first 20% of the game.

edit: i don't think you guys get this

if in the final 75% of the game there is something bat shit insane that drives you insane that is shit game design.

YOU CAN"T TALK ABOUT IT and justify why your score is lower because of it

Jintor

I just read the GameInformer review and I subbed the Hyper review last week, does anybody want to know what was written? I haven't seen the NDA.

Fredescu

edit: i don't think you guys get this

if in the final 75% of the game there is something bat shit insane that drives you insane that is shit game design.

YOU CAN"T TALK ABOUT IT and justify why your score is lower because of it
I assume you can't be specific about it, but you can say it sucks and it ruins the game.

oipic

Also are you new? Have you answered the questions?

Yes, yes indeed I am. And there I was trying to be all inconspicuous.

So, these questions...does one find all relevant in the OP somewhere? I'd best comply, things are testy enough in here without me going all rogue and not complying with house rules.

Jintor

's not even an FFVIII by all accounts
disclaimer I love FFVIII

Gameinformer dude liked the gameplay though!

/edit gameinformer dude totally talked about the ending (in a vague kind of way, but he did)

Kritz

Banned
I'll just point out that if I instead sucked a dick every time I wanted to eat McDonalds, I wouldn't be the shining beacon of obesity that I was today.

Granted, I'd probably be shining from something else.

Choc

Banned
's not even an FFVIII by all accounts
disclaimer I love FFVIII

Gameinformer dude liked the gameplay though!

/edit gameinformer dude totally talked about the ending (in a vague kind of way, but he did)

well then he broke the nda

if he mentioned

there is multiple endings

nda shattered

hamchan

if he mentioned

nda shattered

Choc spoiled the game for me with his misplaced spoilerz.

Also I think the creators of the game actually revealed in an interview the aforementioned spoiler, so it's not really a big secret. ><

Danoss

You'd be surprised at how supportive these idiots can be.

edit: it is ultimately up to you if you choose to share it with us of course. if you dont want to, then that's fine.

Honestly, I would be surprised.

If I got a "LOLZ, get over it loser", I would go apeshit and most likely be banned as a result. Which I suppose wouldn't be too bad, I only visit this thread here and it's not as if I'm well liked. It seems the general consensus is that I get angry all the time, since they're the posts people notice.

Everyone I've talked to has said that 13-2 is heaps better than 13 and is worth picking up.

Also newbie there is a list a few pages back, ill post it on my lunch break if someone else doesn't

Jintor

if he mentioned

nda shattered

He did.

If I got a "LOLZ, get over it loser", I would go apeshit and most likely be banned as a result. Which I suppose wouldn't be too bad, I only visit this thread here and it's not as if I'm well liked. It seems the general consensus is that I get angry all the time, since they're the posts people notice.

There's no easy way to say this, and I'm sorry if this turns out to be a trigger for this projected Danoss explosion, but that comment you blew up over was not intended in any way as an insult.

Kritz

Banned
danoss have you started playing world of warcraft again

you shouldn't play that game it's bad for you

play more portal 2

Choc

Banned
well he broke the nda :)

Gameinformer is the kinda pub that can though and get away with it. One of the bigger problems with NDA restricting content

NDA's restricting publishing date are fine. Restricting content is akin to media control

edit: ham don't read this

did he mention there is two types of ending?

Jintor

Gameinformer is the kinda pub that can though and get away with it. One of the bigger problems with NDA restricting content

NDA's restricting publishing date are fine. Restricting content is akin to media control

I hate getting NDAs that I can't read until I finish the game because the NDAs themselves are fucking full of spoilers.

Dead Man

Chuck me an email -> omi@omiblog.com and I will link you up.
Done
I'll just point out that if I instead sucked a dick every time I wanted to eat McDonalds, I wouldn't be the shining beacon of obesity that I was today.

Granted, I'd probably be shining from something else.
Lightning fellatio was funny, but this is an even better post.

Man, you need to tell someone, shit is obviously eating you up.

Yes, yes indeed I am. And there I was trying to be all inconspicuous.

So, these questions...does one find all relevant in the OP somewhere? I'd best comply, things are testy enough in here without me going all rogue and not complying with house rules.

Care of reptilescorpio:

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on SOAP?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins?
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Join AusGAF real mug with mug club!
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?

Pay very close attention to the bacon question, we haven't seen the last guy since he answered that one incorrectly.

Jintor

edit: ham don't read this

did he mention there is two types of ending?

He says stuff about the canonical ending not being satisfying and there being various 'what-if' endings

Le sigh. My order for a T-shirt and EP by Orion has been cancelled due to no stock. They didn't say when they would print more. :(

Thanks DeadMan. Slightly amended for new month upon us.

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
Thoughts on SOAP?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Warhammer 40k Space Marine a horrible Gears of War knockoff?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins?
Have you picked up a copy of the highly acclaimed 3rd album by Enter Shikari called A Flash Flood Of Colour yet? Only $20 at your local JB HiFi or available with FREE postage online!
Join AusGAF real mug with mug club! People are doing Avatars with the first letter of your username, just in case you are wondering what is up with all the letters looking at you.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties?

he drove a fucking mac truck though the nda then

wow

just wow

Maybe he had a different NDA. It has been out and about for a while so you would think it would have come up by now.

Plus the game came out a month and a half ago. It isn't as if people couldn't find someone who can speak/write/read English & Japanese.

Choc

Banned
Maybe he had a different NDA. It has been out and about for a while so you would think it would have come up by now.

Plus the game came out a month and a half ago. It isn't as if people couldn't find someone who can speak/write/read English & Japanese.

on the jp point completely agree, which is why this nda is a bit dumb

second poitn i have both the web and print nda, its the same and the nda came from Square Enix direct, not the AU distributor (I am trying to get a copy and for some reason i have to sign it)

Jintor

More Legend of Korra vids are leaking, check the offtopic thread. It's got music. Jazz music. As invented by the Chinese in the 1920s. Holy shit.

Top Bottom