• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Participating in user name letter GAF. Maybe we should do something with user name letters and cups or something.

For me the First Letter Friday idea ignores the entire point of Real Pic January which was to remove an element of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory and hopefully make the place more personable. Another factor for it was giving people more confidence in themselves and worrying less about how they look, with so many different people baring themselves to the world.
I don't understand what the point of FLF is considering it is the exact same thing as looking at the first letter of your username. Maybe it removes the idea of personifying someone by their avatar, not sure.
I'll be going back to my fox though, I have missed him. Time for some Khonnor!

trinest

For me the First Letter Friday idea ignores the entire point of Real Pic January which was to remove an element of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory and hopefully make the place more personable. Another factor for it was giving people more confidence in themselves and worrying less about how they look, with so many different people baring themselves to the world.
I don't understand what the point of FLF is considering it is the exact same thing as looking at the first letter of your username. Maybe it removes the idea of personifying someone by their avatar, not sure.

I'm not really for or against it- all I know is I have a turtle in my avatar and turtles are cool.

Clipper

Second. I don't dislike chopsticks, I just don't think they are as good as western cutlery. The one good thing about them is they work with everything (except chopping) while forks and spoons work best for different types of food.
Most meals prepared in Western style are better eaten with cutlery. However, Eastern style meals are prepared much differently. The dishes are prepared to be eaten with chopsticks and are much better and easier to eat due to this. Rice is served in bowls, the main meat and vegetables of the meal is chopped into bite-size portions so that no chopping is required at the table, noodles are... well.. noodles.

Once you are familiar with how to use them (and it is much easier to learn as an adult as your hands are too small for full-sized chopsticks as a child), they are superior to a fork or spoon for those types of food. It does provide more preparation work for the cook, but it is worth it as well for the lack of knife-on-plate sounds during the meal, making it easier to chat. It also makes sharing meals much easier, with everyone just needing a small bowl rather than a plate and you don't need to hand around as many dishes (except the main rice container for refills).

Jintor

I'll be reverting to KS art I think.

Over pony swag for now, though the show is still enjoyable.

Kritz

Banned
D'awwwwww, and that cute little airport.

We were late-ish getting to the airport so wasn't time to get food. The melb airport has heaps of garbage, but none of it within visual distance of the gate.

At least Hobart has a little coffee shop instead of a twisties machine.

Not that I would've had time to eat anything. Always plane food! Speaking of which, phone off time. Hope I don't die! :D

Bernbaum

2AAbu.jpg

Danoss

I didn't know this was the intent. However I did notice there was considerably less hostility around here, keeping in mind I was occasionally part of it in the past. I figured the real avatars had something to do with it.

The real person avatar gets past the anonymity of the internet and reminds other users, "Hey, there is a real person here with feelings and thoughts". I know we're not stupid and realise this is the case, but it's easy to forget and isn't always in the forefront of our minds.

We were late-ish getting to the airport so wasn't time to get food. The melb airport has heaps of garbage, but none of it within visual distance of the gate.

At least Hobart has a little coffee shop instead of a twisties machine.
The coffee place next to check in had some awesome wraps when I was there a while back. The coffee wasn't great though.

Loving catching up on Archer this arvo.
HOLY SHIT! AN OCELOT!
Look at it's little spots!
Best season ever so far. They are in the zone. THE DANGERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZONE!

Speaking of excellence did you hear we met a tiger?

JuM6V.jpg
I especially like the google ad.

Efforts to pilfer Pixeljunk Racers, Shooter 1&2 and Monsters from JPN PSN for $10 isn't going to well. Damn my lack of understand of Japanese!

This was from S2. Are you saying that S2 is the best season so far, including S3?

I was referring to the two new slabs of pure, meaty joy that is season 3.

YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS SHIZZLE. NEXT LEVEL SHIZZLE.

How good has season 3 been so far! I didn't think 2 was nearly as good as 1 but 3 has been amazing.

Sorry I've got to get back to earth before the stargate closes.

Also has anyone been watching new 30 rock? Also an amazing return to form

I thought I might make use of my damn CPU fan and overclock the 2500k tonight but after an hour of reading I can't be arsed. Need to update the BIOS and write down a heap of shit so I know what to do while out of Windows, I really just can't be bothered. Doesn't help that I get conflicting (and really outdated) information from various sources.

Alt history intersts me often, then I read some and it screams out wish fulfilment for survival nazis or political fringe types. :/

That one does look interesting though, I'll have a read when I have some time.

Australia's current Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, is becoming a major voice on the global political scene. A strong advocate for Australia, Abbott has rankled his counterparts in South America with his pro-Commonwealth and pro-Australia views. New Zealand's current Prime Minister, John Key, has taken a less rancorous profile, and as a result his country currently enjoys somewhat more favorable relations with South America than Abbott's Australia.

This made me laugh. Bob Hawke is pretty sweet in the story though.

I didn't know this was the intent. However I did notice there was considerably less hostility around here, keeping in mind I was occasionally part of it in the past. I figured the real avatars had something to do with it.

The real person avatar gets past the anonymity of the internet and reminds other users, "Hey, there is a real person here with feelings and thoughts". I know we're not stupid and realise this is the case, but it's easy to forget and isn't always in the forefront of our minds.

FUCK YOU

Did you try pressing the Turbo button? Make sure it reads HI, not LO.

Ahh, back to the old avatar.

Is that in the case somewhere? I thought this wasn't going to require me getting down on the floor!

Bah, I'll look into it more/hassle someone about it another time. Went and played some MW3 in protest.

Still January dude!

Salazar

Homeland is pretty damn good.

Jint, I would see the political ascendancy of Tony Abbott as the peak of the apocalypse, not its aftermath.

Gonna have to postal-vote in Qld election. May return home to a state governed by Campbell Newman, a man so insipid he only has surnames.

Top Bottom