• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You probably need to be fitted for them again Holy. That should happen every 2 years for glasses and maybe 1 year for contacts, I'm not 100% on the time between contact tests. You're over the 2 year mark, so get your eyes examined for both, it's free on Medicare.

Yeah I'm doing it properly, I had my eyes checked a fortnight ago, these are the free pairs they give you so I can use them for a week just to see how they go, then I'm going back next week for a discussion and to order more if theyre all good.

It is really only an issue with raw sql statements.
I only ever use raw statements since I do mostly PHP/AJAX stuff. It looks like the ISO formats of YYYYMMDD and YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS are the way to go, at least in MSSQL2010:

----------

SET LANGUAGE us_english
SELECT(CAST('2012-02-07' AS DATETIME))
> 2012-02-07 00:00:00.000

SET LANGUAGE British
SELECT(CAST('2012-02-07' AS DATETIME))
> 2012-07-02 00:00:00.000

----------

SET LANGUAGE us_english
SELECT(CAST('20120207' AS DATETIME))

SET LANGUAGE British
SELECT(CAST('20120207' AS DATETIME))

----------

SET LANGUAGE us_english
SELECT(CAST('2012-02-07T00:00:00' AS DATETIME))

SET LANGUAGE British
SELECT(CAST('2012-02-07T00:00:00' AS DATETIME))

In true Milsims fashion, they're sitting on them and probably won't deliver them for a while. This is really making me not want to order from them again..
Bitch at them on Twitter, but don't put their @ first so the tweet goes to everyone (e.g. "So, @milsims, where are my games?"). I have had many good customer service experiences after bitching via Twitter.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
In the case of PALGN though, IMO what Vook did with a cut and run to Wordpress is probably the smartest thing that could have been done (I've done that too, from a completely custom setup to Wordpress).

Loving the setup I have now, just can't wait to get it up live.

EatChildren, if the guys need help with stuff more than happy to help out a bit (as much I could).

Danoss

Yeah I'm doing it properly, I had my eyes checked a fortnight ago, these are the free pairs they give you so I can use them for a week just to see how they go, then I'm going back next week for a discussion and to order more if theyre all good.

Ah, gotcha, I misread what you posted.

I'm surprised they're different to your regular glasses prescription, mine are basically identical (only the axis is slightly off since mine is in-between the steps that are manufactured, but the power and cylinder are the same). Mine are the Johnson & Johnson 1-Day Acuvue.

Well, this is what the freebies are for, you get to keep trying different ones until you find one that is comfortable. Which brand did they give you to try out first?

Bitch at them on Twitter, but don't put their @ first so the tweet goes to everyone (e.g. "So, @milsims, where are my games?"). I have had many good customer service experiences after bitching via Twitter.

Done.

MrSerrels

I just picked up some trial 1 day contact lenses from my optom. I haven't worn contacts in about 4 or 5 years.

Everything is so strange.

I'm scared.

Size scale is like .05 smaller than when I have my glasses on (as they slightly enlarge things) so walking back to the office after putting them in was so surreal. Everything just seemed slightly not real and I was so confused and feeling like I was in a dream lol.

It's freaky, but once you're used to it, it's awesome.

Jezabel

Hey ausGAF, just got my account verified :) im in the curious position of living in the worlds best city Melbourne as well as the worlds boringest city in Geelong. been lurking Gaf and ausgaf for 2 years

Danoss

Well, I got a reply from Milsims.

Y1sx4.png

I noticed the stock levels changed from 'out of stock' to 'in stock'. How silly of me to think that it's likely to indicate a change of status. Well, hopefully what they say is true.

mine are pissweak in comparison to blind-ozgaf

i always get girls (mostly) going "how blind are you.. OH YOU ARENT BLIND AT ALL WHY DO YOU NEED GLASSE" im like shut up bitch i never said i was

Jintor

Come back from lunch and there's a box and satchel on my desk :D

Open the box, woo stack of jpop cds :D

I take the stuff out and...WTF, a photobook??? D: I didn't buy no creepy photobook, what the hell do I do with a photobook??!

Guy walks by, "Oh hey deek, you got that anaylsis shit ready ye..."

Crap! *throws shit under desk*

--

Anyway, turns out it wasn't one of those risque photobooks. It's just a book with landscape photos and journal type lyrics stuff:/ Got all hot n bothered for nothing lol.

Also, I totally do not remember buying FFXIII-2. Must have been a late night impulse buy thing. I bought the right version though, Japanese voices with English subs and text woo!

PS. Go Danoss!

That's totally how all my online purchases are. Shit shows up and I'm like "Wait, did I buy this?"

Well I guess I did

Drove to the mall today cos I got paid so I could finally get some art supplies. I really need to make an art supply list though because when I walked into the store I was immediately overwhelmed by stuff like how many different types of pens there are. Still, got what I came for. Also, UMvC3 for $30 from JB. I like to browse media but prices are always better on the net, so I don't know why I bother anymore.

Danoss

Mine are:

Left: D -0.25 / CYL -1.25 / AXIS 20
Right: D -0.75 / CYL -0.75 / AXIS 140

I included the extras, because that's where it demonstrates my poor vision. Yay for astigmatisms.

Omikron

Today has not been a good day. Rest redacted.

Glasses?

NFI what my settings are, I am stubborn and quite often refuse to wear them.

Deeku

My lenses say -9.5 R, -9 L.
:O

Jint wins. That's like old man vision. I probably would have been there if I didn't have bifocals in primary school to slow it down.

I blame that shitty green dot matrix gameboy screen for my poor vision!

Fredescu

i stuck a pair of scissors in my right eye when i was 5, so it's fucked now. does that count?
Ouch. Does that eye work at all now? I know a guy that worked as a bartender. He placed a warm beer bottle into an ice cold trough of water. The cap flew off and cut his eye open. After an operation and having to wear a patch for a while, he sees ok out of it now. I don't recall if he has to wear a contact on that eye or not.

Hey ausGAF, just got my account verified :) im in the curious position of living in the worlds best city Melbourne as well as the worlds boringest city in Geelong. been lurking Gaf and ausgaf for 2 years

I think you're getting best confused with smuggest? Welcome dude.

I have spent a significant portion of today listening to Pink Floyd. It was a very good decision.

Jintor

:O

Jint wins. That's like old man vision. I probably would have been there if I didn't have bifocals in primary school to slow it down.

I blame that shitty green dot matrix gameboy screen for my poor vision!

It's plateued though, hasn't gotten worse for a few years now. If it is any worse I won't be able to wear contacts anymore.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ah, gotcha, I misread what you posted.

I'm surprised they're different to your regular glasses prescription, mine are basically identical (only the axis is slightly off since mine is in-between the steps that are manufactured, but the power and cylinder are the same). Mine are the Johnson & Johnson 1-Day Acuvue.

Well, this is what the freebies are for, you get to keep trying different ones until you find one that is comfortable. Which brand did they give you to try out first?

Done.

PC Technology, Cooper Vision is the brand.

They are different because my glasses are quite old (about 2 years) and even then they were based off of an older eye exam not the one that took place then.

check, what strength are your contacts?

Mine are -6.0.

Let's see who has the worst eyes in AusGAF!

-3.75 on both (they are slightly different.. but its just easier having the same and it doesnt make enough of a difference for the hassle it causes me lol)

Danoss

So, my Wi-Fi AP is named 'AFP Surveillance Van'. I have just fooled my second person as they came up to me a minute ago and said "Did you know there's a Federal Police van parked nearby? I'm picking up their wireless on my list".

Axiom

I am legally blind in my left eye, my right eye is just short-sighted. They told me I'd be legally blind by 30 when I was 10, but things aren't getting worse at all...so I'm pretty confident my vision will be fine by this time next year. Take that eye doctor!

Everyone is finding this place now, everything is coming up AusGAF...aside from all the bad things happening to the wider AusGAF family.

I am going to buy my Goddaughter some Lego for her birthday because I want to play with Lego

Jezabel

I think you're getting best confused with smuggest? Welcome dude.

I have spent a significant portion of today listening to Pink Floyd. It was a very good decision.

ergh living in geelong in the week after they won the premierships was unbearable, it was one big city wide circle jerk

I am going to buy my Goddaughter some Lego for her birthday because I want to play with Lego

My oldest nephew got Lego Star Wars everything for christmas and his younger brother was (is) very grumpy he didn't get any. He got a fucking awesome Darth Vader costume but it's not Lego Star Wars. My sister's boyfriend and I have been telling him that if we couldve we would've gotten him some but his parents and his aunt and grandparents (my parents) said no.

It's been very very funny for us so far.

Crikey Moses there's a lot of new people coming in to AusGAF lately!

Same, give the Sampler for The Wall Immersion Edition a listen. Can't wait to get my hands on those demos

I'll see that and raise you the entirety of Dark Side

ergh living in geelong in the week after they won the premierships was unbearable, it was one big city wide circle jerk

Haha, yeah you could tell that was happening from Queensland. I can only imagine how bad it was in the city itself.

SydGAF Board Games day needs some details filled out. Why don't we go with:

Date: Sunday, 12th of Feb.
Time: 10:30am arrival and go for as long as we feel like.
Place: My place (details will be sent by PM)

I think this should work out fine. PM me if I don't PM you first with info... Anybody that didn't express interest before, this is your last chance. If we get more numbers, I'll probably switch to UNSW as the location instead, so we need to know ASAP.

Potentially interested, any Settlers of Catan action on the agenda?

Rezbit

In today's bogan sighting, I was in the phone shop waiting in line at the tech area (behind some huge bogans) when a bogan from outside spotted the bogans in front of me, and proceeded to come in and yell, "HEY COCKHEAD, WHAT'S GOIN' ON CUNT?!" in his most friendly voice. They all came together and passed around cigs and spoke of cunts and fuckheads and what not.

Jezabel

Bajo from good game tweeted that he would rather smash his face into a diamond spiked wall than see the phantom menace again. i concur, terrible movie

Echoplx

I feel bad for all my friends who are currently studying game design, unless they get into some kind of successful indie venture they're pretty much fucked.

Top Bottom