• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

I really don't care who is PM. At the end of the day, it won't much change our day to day life. I just hope that we get a great one when we really need them. None in my lifetime have ever been great leaders, but nor have they needed to be.

Maybe Kim Beasley would have been a top pm in ww3 hypothetically. Who knows.

Kritz

Banned
by format do you mean stupid voice, small vocabulary, little to no editing, 1 minute long?

Or do you mean "do an actual review but in a video".

There had been talks of Gillard taking over as a result of Rudd's general inability to respectably manage his own party for months before Gillard took control. This wasn't an overnight ordeal.

There is a profound difference between taking the reins out of the hands of a man who's own party has lost confidence in him, and slyly manipulating public perception through leaks and other off-the-record conversations to try and pressure your party to vote you back in out of manufactured fear, which of course includes their own job security. The latter should not be rewarded.

It might be "great politics", whatever that means, but it sickens me that the Australian public seems so damn incapable of seeing through the paper-thin "oh woe is me" Rudd persona. But people seem to always prefer the shiny and sexy over to-the-point and practical.

Gillard isn't faultless, but she is certainly the lesser of two evils here.

The best post.

Also, sorry Choc, I don't think Labor would be any more likely to win with Rudd than they are with Gillard. We have had several cabinet ministers come out and say they will not serve under Rudd ever again, this isn't some big conspiracy where they like to bully the nerd, Rudd is notoriously difficult to work with (refusal to sign things, meetings delayed, just general incompetence). Gillard may have an absolutely woeful media image, and has difficulty selling things to the public, but she gets things DONE. Under one of the most difficult political situations this country has seen. If this whole thing has taught us anything it's that Rudd has not learned a damn thing, his speeches are as pompous and self important as ever and it wont be long before we stop feeling sorry for the dick head and start hating him again. The polls may be awful under Gillard, but she has more chance of swaying public opinion if she keeps doing the consistently successful job in parliament she has been -- and this is where governing of a country actually counts. And if she keeps up the feisty, never back down, determination she has been showing the past couple of days, maybe people will start to see the side of her rarely seen out of question time (she doesn't always sport that condescending tone and robotic voice). Gillard is at her best when she hasn't got a speech sitting in front of her.

Yagharek

They look like clones since its the same development studio, mostly.

They just don't have the rights to the tenchu brand iirc.

And I loved tenchu 1.

Deeku

I think I need to get Rayman on vita. Played the demo and the game looks amazing! Fun too of course.

Kinda disappointed with the graphics in Everybody's Golf. Not as crisp as I thought it would be. Gonna try out Lumines and Wipeout later.

I already regret buying a 16gb, should have gone 32 but oh well.

Also, Jayawardene!

by format do you mean stupid voice, small vocabulary, little to no editing, 1 minute long?

Or do you mean "do an actual review but in a video".

The latter. but isn't that your real voice and not a put on?

edit: im watching it now and holy shit, you need to put the audio way higher.

Kritz

Banned
The latter. but isn't that your real voice and not a put on?

edit: im watching it now and holy shit, you need to put the audio way higher.

I totally fake some higher pitched Asperger's voice for my reviews.

My Skyrim review is more or less my speaking voice, versus what I'm using for my later things.

EDIT: Whenever I use Moviemaker to edit, it makes the audio SUPER QUIET. I have no idea why it does this, when the program says it's playing it back at max volume. In audacity, my voice is going out of the range my microphone can pick up. :/

Deeku

When was that ever in doubt?
I doubted sooo much until people in gaming assured me that it was actually good. Lumines 2 was terrible. Electronic Symphony is a stunning return to form for the series.

Also, Wipeout looks ridiculous. So much detail! If only it ran at 60fps.

guidop

If he skulls a beer on camera he has my vote

Impossible! Everytime he gets halfway he stops to tell everyone how good he is at skulling beer

Any Triple R listeners? There was the best commentary on this political debacle today on On the Blower with Tony Biggs

edit; Unfortunately its not online, but he was cutting sick at Therese Rein saying she is the only one that can deflate Rudd's tyres and that she was doing most of the blowing. Staunch Labor people calling up having a go

Darklord

Banned
All my friends are Rudd diehards.

:(

Funny how he did nothing. Everyone started to hate him then labor kicked him out because of low popularity. Now Gallard has screwed things up and everyone thinks Rudd was great. He was shit. But if he got back in, it'll repeat exactly like before. Expecting change and good things but get a bucket of shit instead and this time it's entirely the peoples fault.

Salazar

Your friends sound like good people.

Well, they're pretty much all Labor or Green voters. So there is that. And a couple worked in Rudd's campaign office, so of course they're on his side. And one adores him because he came and personally helped out when her place got flooded - took group photos, made sympathetic faces.

But yeah. Huge swing to Rudd around me, even considering those factors.

Poor bowling choices from Clarke lost us the match against Sri Lanka. Their top order batted brilliantly against our pace bowlers who were all over the shop. None of the pace bowlers were much good, even Hilf was too wayward. Not enough line and length mixed up with variable speeds.
Also why no DHussey? Does he just not bowl any more?

Hello again, sorry for the lag in posts but I just recently became a father for the 2nd time. Have a boy and a girl so I'm pulling up stumps.

What did I miss?

Please no politics

Top Bottom