• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Hello again, sorry for the lag in posts but I just recently became a father for the 2nd time. Have a boy and a girl so I'm pulling up stumps.

What did I miss?

Please no politics

Congrats! Hope it was a fun time for the second plop! Hope mum and child are doing well.

So yes, pages of politics sorry :(

And talk about being introverted. And the Vita which is pretty okay. Also disappointing cricket as our pace bowlers lost the plot.

Named him Michael. He's a great baby so far, more trouble from big sister but she's been good too. I've had 2 weeks off work and have wiggles songs stuck in my head and memorized all the lines from zigby.

Salazar

That Wargame: European Escalation thing is pretty cool.

I suck at it, but when it pops up cheap on Steam, some of you should get on it.

markot

Banned
Oh god I hate opinion polls so much >_>;

There was a time when they werent this twice a month heart beat that all politicians danced to....

Salazar

Bought another jacket. In my defence, I threw two out, along with a few hoodies.

uGXDn.jpg

NB: Photograph is not me.

Deeku

Bought another jacket. In my defence, I threw two out, along with a few hoodies.

NB: Photograph is not me.
After 30 mins of thinking you decided to edit that in just in case lol

A new season of rad shirts came out from one of my fav brands. Won't buy though because I've spent enough these last two months.

Realistically, how long do you think it will be until Australian politics stops being crap? Please call me when they start covering things that actually matter and stop all being broken records of the party line, because it's really starting to bore me =/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Realistically, how long do you think it will be until Australian politics stops being crap? Please call me when they start covering things that actually matter and stop all being broken records of the party line, because it's really starting to bore me =/

The second people with your interests start taking an active interest in politics, so never, basically.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That wasn't a swipe at you. It was more of a swipe at myself, really. At the majority of Australians.

Just got back from seeing john cleese's live show at QPAC. I'm a huge Python nerd and love a lot of the Python's side projects like Gilliam's films, fawlty towers, ripping yarns, etc.

Loved him ripping into michael palin's travel programmes.

It is pissing down in Brisbane today. Had to laugh at all the drowned kids in togas around the place tonight. I'm guessing Uni starts this week. Which means traffic is going to be horrendous next week.

That wasn't a swipe at you. It was more of a swipe at myself, really. At the majority of Australians.
It's probably me too.:(

Lol, I was gonna go to that toga party. The event was at river stage and with the weather what it is, i had my doubts about how fun it would be. Might go out tomorrow night though, but not in a sheet.

Rezbit

So why on earth doesn't it beat toga parties?!

There's a huge huntsman on the other side of my door. The bigger than your hand type, and it was moving. Gonna sleep well tonight =/

Well admittedly it's pretty close. There is just something awesome about wearing a toga.

Also, if it's any consolation huntsman's don't usually bite people. Just think about it this way - you can kill it on a whim. Don't do that BTW.

Choc

Banned
News poll is out

Rudd 53% Gillard 30%

Rudd 8 Pts ahead of TA on preferred pm

Alp caucus ignores those numbers @ their peril

Ydahs

Okay, any idea what could cause both fire alarms in my hall way to go off? Besides fire of course. They've been going off randomly for at least a week, sometimes both at the same time.
Still one of my favorite gifs. Inspired me to go see the 5the element. that scene was kinda disappointing...

Whaa? How could you not have watched it before?! It's one of those movies that everyone's watched.

Jintor

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllls.

Anyway, I just fired off a developer interview so I feel at least better about my article-generating capabilities, if nothing else.

legend166

Also, it took me ages, but I finally finished Dune. Loved the beginning, felt is sorta dragged in the middle but then picked up at the end. Spoilers:

Once Paul and Jessica escaped to the Fremen it got pretty boring for awhile. But once they jumped forward a couple of years it got really good again. Paul went into full on BOSS mode.

So what book should I read next?

Top Bottom