• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Rudd being mobbed in QLD mall

the backlash against the government if they dont give the people want they want will be monumental

i am not necessarily saying they SHOULD do what the people want. Popularity i ngovernment can be fleeting BUT

they better expect to see approval ratings in the 20s. It will just reinforce to a lot of people the government is not acting on behalf of the people and what the people want.

edit: 100 people polled randomly by sky news

7 wanted JG to stay

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah i was thinking about it yesterday. If Rudd manages to lose but still get like votes in the 40's, the damage to Gilard will be even worse as the approval ratings will sink even lower than they are now.

Its a lose lose situation for Gilard.

6 months from now they will be begging Rudd to challenge again.

Choc

Banned
Jealous Julia?

Amd__ApCIAAhv--.jpg

its crazy how much people like him

Is he outside Hungry Jacks on a saturday? No wonder it looks crowded. He might be there waiting for friends.

Edit: I see, he's midway between Albert and George st. He's where they always have the crappy entertainment.
Why is there a woman interviewing his dick?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TT2oX.png

Zavvi/TheHut sale on again, this time 360 focused (although PS3 prices may be the same)
Some are cheaper at Zavvi, some at TheHut. Both have coupons that float around every now and then. Zavvi can bundle for cheaper postage, extra one pound per game at TheHut I think. I have included an extra pound in all the below prices anyway.

Final Fantasy XIIIIIIII-2 for $31 (TheHut)
Dark Souls for $24 (TheHut)
Bulletstorm for $10 (TheHut)
Resonance of Fate for $16 (TheHut)
Tony Hawk Shred WITH Fully Sick Skateboard Controller for $24 (Zavvi)
Shadows of teh Damned for $18 (Zavvi)
Binary Domain for $38 (Zavvi) FUTURE CULT CLASSIC
Dreamcast Collection (Crazy Taxi, Space Channel, Fishing, Sonic Adv) for $11 (LOGS)

Bit on Binary Domain.

Why is there a woman interviewing his dick?
Looks more like it is getting a massage. His face shows the start of vinegar strokes too so I hope everyone took a few steps back after that to avoid the friendly fire.

Bit on Binary Domain.
Good lad! Seems like another great title to come out Japan. Between the Yakuza studio and the last few Sonic games I am really starting to love SEGA again.

My theory is that Rudd has more support than The Age gives off as in, some MPs just won't say it to the media being afraid of Julia's wraith. Therefore these 'Numbers' are somewhat full of people that the media assumes are with Gillard on the basis of their silence. In reality they should all fucking go in the Undecided column you journalistic hacks.

Currently reading -

B83dd.jpg

Niall Fergusson's stuff is very good. He did a great doco called The Ascent of Money- which explains how lots of financial stuff comes about (like how shares came about, what options are, etc) which is good for non-finance/economist types.

I've been reading Freakonomics (good) and Super Freakonomics (not that good) this week. My wife's collected these books over the years and read none of them and I need reading material in "the library."

I still think Little Kevin would make a better PM. His position is probably leaning a little more to the left than the rest of Kevin.

Choc

Banned
The numbers are bullshit and its been proven before

the media reported that Latham was going to get wiped, and he won.

much to the medias surprise

midonnay

I hope so...... but I'm pessimistic....

the chattering bunch seems to indicate somewhere between 20-35 votes and more likely on the lower end of that scale.

If Gillard stays through to the next election I probably won't vote Labor again till I'm a pensioner :/

bomma_man

The Australian has about 50 articles today that essentially say the same thing and, although i generally think their op-ed columnists are a bunch of arseholes, they are right in this case: whoever wins, Labor is fucked.

Also, fuck me it is hot today. And Tassie are getting romped in the one day final :(

wonzo

Banned
anything happening with that SS3 Co-op session??

Anyways, if Rudd loses the leadership ballot on Monday (which he will) all he'll need to do is sit back in the backbench, twiddle his thumbs and let the polling do a much better job of bringing down Gillard's leadership than he could ever hope to. It's pretty slimy but that's politics. :(

Hitler-C-saluting-girding-crowd-raising-arms-in-enthused-mass-heil-1936.jpg

Just sayin!
The situation of Germany at the time is a littttttttle bit different than 2012 Australia. Germany was the worlds fuckhole at the time, they lost the war and got beat up upon for it. Hitler was in the right place at the right time with enough intelligence and cunning to take advantage of it.

Rudd on the other hand is seen as the underdog, going up against the PM who booted him out of the office that the people voted him into.

Plus people are monkeys who will do ANYTHING to get their face on TV or on social media. Most of the people there probably didn't even know what his portfolio is/was.

I may or may not have a pair of drop crotch pants, though.
Drop crotch is only cool for parachute pants. NOTHING ELSE ALLOWED.

The same picture comes to mind when i think of Valve fanboys. (not to be confused with regular Steam users)
Could you explain the parallel you are trying to make between Valve and Nazi-era Germany?

Shaneus

So guys. Worst comes to worst, I may need to buy a new notebook/subnotebook/netbook. Needs to hardware decode 1080p stuffs and more than anything else, not have a glossy screen. And be dirt cheap.

Ideas? I'm open to second-hand.

How can anyone trust Tony Abbot, when you can't trust a chimpanzee?

AbbottisaChimp.jpg
oi2Zx.jpg

Macs are whack. Get anything other than a mac.
I thought whack meant cool? I can't keep up with kids these days :(

EDIT: I was sitting here typing away and then something big fell down behind my monitor with a bang, I shit myself and screamed, launching myself backward in my desk chair, throwing off my headphones. This is what is currently above my desk
20120225_182613xojpd.jpg

This puppy is sitting up there, mounted to the little platform by his backfoot on a spike. The plastic heated up enough for it the weight to bend it out of its position and fall over.

Fucking northerly wind. IT IS SO TOO MUCH DAMN HOT HEAT.

markot

Banned
I went shopping and thought I would go into a mac store, it took me 3 hours to realise I had entered the scientology center, because they just werent selling me enough crap!

Top Bottom