• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Anyway, in all seriousness, people should get that shit done. It's beyond ridiculous the improvements I've seen so far. Even been in a better mood, too. And thinking clearer.
Yeah the gf went to a chiro about 6 months after our son was born with horrible neck pain that morning. Turns out the birth was so traumatic that she put out her back, some ribs, a hip and her neck. All that tension and discomfort built up until it all got too much for her body. A quick session of realignment was all it took to make her bright and happy as a daisy, took away all the discomfort she had while lifting or walking.

Shaneus

Yeah the gf went to a chiro about 6 months after our son was born with horrible neck pain that morning. Turns out the birth was so traumatic that she put out her back, some ribs, a hip and her neck. All that tension and discomfort built up until it all got too much for her body. A quick session of realignment was all it took to make her bright and happy as a daisy, took away all the discomfort she had while lifting or walking.
I'd recommend she (and you) look into this atlas thing as well. Chiros are apparently none-to-happy about some of the treatments available because, as someone mentioned on a forum somewhere, your body kinda starts to do it's own chiro work to straighten itself out and it's basically taking money away from them.

I'm not as suspicious as that (though it does make *some* sense, I guess) but there's absolutely no yanking or pulling or anything extreme, just like having a mild deep-tissue massage around the neck area for 15 mins or so.

First thing I noticed when standing up afterwards, was that my hips/shoulders were no longer at an angle. Like the dude in the image above, normally my hips were angled down to the left and my shoulders angled to the right but straight after, they were nearly parallel with the ground.

Choc

Banned
Hey, so I'm gonna post this here as it may be relevant to some. Shit, might even start a thread about it... but I care about you guys more (and value your opinions more, too).

Actually, fuck it. Not going to go into too much depth (unless prodded) but if you have shit posture, get headaches or have heaps of tense muscles, you should check out this treatment I had as a part of treatment/therapy for my ADHD.

It basically involves this special technique to put the very top (C1) vertebrae back in place where it sits under your skull and a lot of nerves and ligaments and shit go through it, controlling blood flow to your brain. The problem is called "atlas subluxation", basically meaning a dislocation of one's atlas (top-most) vertebrae. Heaps of people have this problem (likely caused at birth, also possibly brought on by significant trauma of the area) but are unaware of how it could be affecting them. From what I've researched (and partially experienced... I had the fix done on Friday) there are arseloads of benefits. To break it down:
* Straight back. No weird curves except for what are supposed to be there.
* Full range of neck motion. Think you can turn your neck pretty far? Chances are it can rotate further. I was pretty fucking surprised as I was doing headchecks driving back from the treatment. Felt like the girl from The Exorcist.
* Straight shoulders/posture. I always had one shoulder that was slightly higher than the other, and when walking I always felt the need to try and balance it out but could never quite get it right. Since getting treatment, my body actually feels like it's almost symmetrical and I don't need to fidget to feel comfortable. I can also lie on my bed flat and not feel all squirmy.
* Thinking clearer/no headaches. Having a screwy atlas thing can apparently affect blood flow to certain parts of the brain. After I got the treatment, I definitely felt a shitload smarter and could think clearer than before. My ADHD symptoms, while still there, were noticeably (not significantly) less annoying than before.
* Taller. You'll feel tall and you'll walk more confidently because your spine is straight. And we all know that bitches love tall guys.

Here's what a subluxated atlas looks like:
atlas.jpg

And here's basically the knock-on affect it can have, at least on some parts of the body:
imbalance.JPG

Obviously, not all benefits will be immediate, as one's body will take time to adjust to "normal" after having to accommodate for a wonky atlas for so long. I can feel that some muscles along my right-hand side are more tense than others and need to be stretched, as that's what they've had to be like to support my off-balance body. But I definitely felt an immediate benefit once the treatment was done.

The treatment basically involved this little vibrating machine thing sonically sending soft pulses through to my atlas to nudge it back into place. It only has to be done once (just like with anything dislocated, once it's back in, it's back in) and isn't at all painful or even noticeable that it's been done... you just feel the benefits of it afterwards.

I'm happy to answer any questions either here or via PM, or you could just watch this video from a fairly cute, milfy-type Aussie on her experience with the treatment and the after-effects. Just wanted to share some info for folks who might be able to benefit from something as mind-fuckingly awesome as this treatment :)

Fuck, I did go into a fair bit of detail. Whatever. Look into it more. Or not. I don't care. But it'll be the last time I ever help any of you fuckers out :p

Edit: Follow-up video from that cute girl/mum, five months after treatment.

In all seriousness I think this is me. Tell me more pls

Maybe it's a reason I get horrendous cluster headaches

midonnay

At least Johnson tries...... Shaun Tait on the other hand, fucking quitter :/

doesn't want to shout out "Placebo effect!!!" coz that might mess with the placebo effect

Shaneus

In all seriousness I think this is me. Tell me more pls

Maybe it's a reason I get horrendous cluster headaches
More than likely. This is the video that was shown to me before the treatment was done. Boring as batshit, but offers a good explanation of the theory behind the treatment. Also, no sound. Also, it may seem a bit hyperbolic at times. I thought so too, but I'm actually believing more and more of it to be true as days progress. The method I had was called Atlas Profilax (there's an Aussie website with contacts/more info), but I think there are several slight variations which all involve basically the same thing. The cost is fixed at $250, which includes a brief rundown/discussion, treatment, instructions and a follow-up two weeks later to check progress and possibly (though as I understand, very rarely) redo the treatment.

I can't find any videos of the actual treatment being done, but if you think of the amount of pressure it takes to, say, squeeze a tennis ball with your fingers, that's about as much pressure that's applied when the machine does it's thing. It basically oscillates back and forth at (no greater than) that pressure on both sides of your neck in specific spots.

Jintor

Oh, I checked my performance and yeah, I was getting FPS drops for some damn reason

Also, Idle Thumb's episode where they discuss Driver San Francisco pre-emptively nailed how awesome it turned out to be AND also kind of just randomly guessed how the storyline more or less went down. There's no way I'm not mentioning that game in our GOTY discussions. It's really, really good.

There's nothing quite like stepping out of a building and an Elder Dragon lands right next to you and blasts you with fire. The College of Winterhelm is a really awesome place to fight a dragon because of all the cover. It's a pity the mages were all inside :T

midonnay

NZlandGAF is that way >_>

Philander to Haddin, no run, 130.7 kph, poor, poor shot. The sort you are allowed to play only if you are Mark Waugh. Short and wide outside off, not the kind to be playing at this time in the game. Haddin has a needless swish and misses.

Steyn to Haddin, no run, 141.4 kph, beaten outside off by a corker. Pommie Mbangwa describes the footwork thus - "Haddin has his feet in a bucket". Succinctly put. The feet don't go anywhere as he just follows the ball with his hands. He isn't Mark Waugh. He doesn't connect with it.

stop trying to be mark waugh >_<

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Haha at people thinking EB 'broke' the street date.

Jintor

It does, and it's called Big Bang Theory

(Although not by that much, and I think BBT is alright tbh. Two and a Half Men is seriously horrendous though)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

EB didn't 'break' anything, though I think someone else did (I think). Someone who sells imports, so probably Game Traders. Either way, I think you'll find near everyone will happily honour pre-orders as soon as they have stock, regardless of the date.

Jintor

Less than a week of employment and you're already shilling for the big guys. *shakes head*

Honour pre-orders to match the stores that are already selling you mean, right?

EatChildren

Honour pre-orders to match the stores that are already selling you mean, right?

Kind of. I probably cant elaborate (not that there's much to elaborate on), but as far as I'm aware EB did no such thing in the ballpark of sticking it to Nintendo by breaking a street date or anything.

EatChildren

Explain Vooks evidence then. EXPLAIN IT!

Vooks has evidence of EB Games selling copies of the game once stock was in. Which they are. Doesn't mean they're the only one, and it doesn't mean they were the ones who originally 'broke' the date.

markot

Banned
Whats the most Nintendo has ever spent on a single games advertising campaign, and compare it to other big games from other publishers. (This is your homework!)

EatChildren

That is a good question and I have no idea.

Monster Hunter Tri subway ads in the states probably cost NOA a pretty penny, though I doubt that is the largest.

If EB were just sticking their finger up at Nintendo they wouldn't be tip toeing around the street date break with their weird 'only if you ask for it' rules.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
GT selling imports doesn't count as a street date break, EB selling early doesn't either because they're not advertising it. They're being sly.

Tomorrow when EB hits the 'omg street date break' button and blame someone else, then that's the break. Officially.

For all intents and purposes, its a street date break.

In other news, I'm playing Super Mario 3D Land and I don't care how I got it.

EatChildren

It's the assumption that this is all EB's decision making and that it's only them doing this that is incorrect.

Ydahs

Hey, so I'm gonna post this here as it may be relevant to some. Shit, might even start a thread about it... but I care about you guys more (and value your opinions more, too).

Actually, fuck it. Not going to go into too much depth (unless prodded) but if you have shit posture, get headaches or have heaps of tense muscles, you should check out this treatment I had as a part of treatment/therapy for my ADHD.

It basically involves this special technique to put the very top (C1) vertebrae back in place where it sits under your skull and a lot of nerves and ligaments and shit go through it, controlling blood flow to your brain. The problem is called "atlas subluxation", basically meaning a dislocation of one's atlas (top-most) vertebrae. Heaps of people have this problem (likely caused at birth, also possibly brought on by significant trauma of the area) but are unaware of how it could be affecting them. From what I've researched (and partially experienced... I had the fix done on Friday) there are arseloads of benefits. To break it down:
* Straight back. No weird curves except for what are supposed to be there.
* Full range of neck motion. Think you can turn your neck pretty far? Chances are it can rotate further. I was pretty fucking surprised as I was doing headchecks driving back from the treatment. Felt like the girl from The Exorcist.
* Straight shoulders/posture. I always had one shoulder that was slightly higher than the other, and when walking I always felt the need to try and balance it out but could never quite get it right. Since getting treatment, my body actually feels like it's almost symmetrical and I don't need to fidget to feel comfortable. I can also lie on my bed flat and not feel all squirmy.
* Thinking clearer/no headaches. Having a screwy atlas thing can apparently affect blood flow to certain parts of the brain. After I got the treatment, I definitely felt a shitload smarter and could think clearer than before. My ADHD symptoms, while still there, were noticeably (not significantly) less annoying than before.
* Taller. You'll feel tall and you'll walk more confidently because your spine is straight. And we all know that bitches love tall guys.

Here's what a subluxated atlas looks like:
atlas.jpg

And here's basically the knock-on affect it can have, at least on some parts of the body:
imbalance.JPG

Obviously, not all benefits will be immediate, as one's body will take time to adjust to "normal" after having to accommodate for a wonky atlas for so long. I can feel that some muscles along my right-hand side are more tense than others and need to be stretched, as that's what they've had to be like to support my off-balance body. But I definitely felt an immediate benefit once the treatment was done.

The treatment basically involved this little vibrating machine thing sonically sending soft pulses through to my atlas to nudge it back into place. It only has to be done once (just like with anything dislocated, once it's back in, it's back in) and isn't at all painful or even noticeable that it's been done... you just feel the benefits of it afterwards.

I'm happy to answer any questions either here or via PM, or you could just watch this video from a fairly cute, milfy-type Aussie on her experience with the treatment and the after-effects. Just wanted to share some info for folks who might be able to benefit from something as mind-fuckingly awesome as this treatment :)

Fuck, I did go into a fair bit of detail. Whatever. Look into it more. Or not. I don't care. But it'll be the last time I ever help any of you fuckers out :p

Edit: Follow-up video from that cute girl/mum, five months after treatment.
Damn, I always realised I tilt my head to the left, but I thought that was just because I've had a tight left side of the neck. A chiropractor, several years ago, told me I have a shorter left leg because of my hip muscles and lower back vertebrae issues. I have had troubles with the left side of my body from my neck to my calf for years and both chiropractors and physios only provided temporary relief. Doing yoga recently has really exposed just how tight my left side is.

Heck, the only thing I don't have are headaches. Everything else is a constant struggle. I have to look into this. So, you have this pulsing thing applied to the neck and that's it? Are there other regular treatments to be done in the months to follow?

I'd love to find a place in Melbourne which can check me out.

Shaneus

Damn, I always realised I tilt my head to the left, but I thought that was just because I've had a tight left side of the neck. A chiropractor, several years ago, told me I have a shorter left leg because of my hip muscles and lower back vertebrae issues. I have had troubles with the left side of my body from my neck to my calf for years and both chiropractors and physios only provided temporary relief. Doing yoga recently has really exposed just how tight my left side is.

Heck, the only thing I don't have are headaches. Everything else is a constant struggle. I have to look into this. So, you have this pulsing thing applied to the neck and that's it? Are there other regular treatments to be done in the months to follow?

I'd love to find a place in Melbourne which can check me out.
http://www.atlasprofilaxaustralia.com.au/

I saw Janine Michael (who was recommended to me by my GP, who in turn had taken his whole family to see her) and, whilst VERY strongly rooted in spiritual/natural healing (lots of dreamcatchers, rainbows, crystals etc.) she has very practical reasons why and will gladly talk about them rather than just say "just because". Very highly recommended, but make sure you have an open mind :)

You sound like an ideal candidate, though. At least, I think so.

NNOOOOO! PUNTER!
Glad I went to bed.

Funnily enough, that's the best thing anyone could say about johnson. Certainly can't praise his bowling.
Well, at least he is.... tall?

There's nothing quite like stepping out of a building and an Elder Dragon lands right next to you and blasts you with fire. The College of Winterhelm is a really awesome place to fight a dragon because of all the cover. It's a pity the mages were all inside :T
Sounds like your GOTY for certain.

stop trying to be mark waugh >_<
He can be not in the Australian team just like Mark Waugh currently is in a few weeks!

Try watching 'how i met your mother'. A sitcom worse than it does not exist.
First few seasons were great, writing went to shit a bit too quickly though.

It does, and it's called Big Bang Theory
Same here although it is still okay, nothing special.

Some couriers are saying Qantas booked them days before the lockout to deliver the docs. Not looking good for Joyce

http://abc.com.au/news/2011-11-21/q...tices-before-grounding-fleet-couriers/3685160
If only Amanda Vanstone could read she may feel a little silly.

Cummins gets MoTM on debut. Awesome job. Was a standout in the sheffield shield last year.
Fantastic performance, dragged us over the line and gave our floppy outfit the spark we needed to measure up to South Africa.

Aaaand posting from a new computer.

Hello.
Congrats!

Top Bottom