• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

I was going to stick around for a game, so I didn't have a hard time set. I'm not covering it as such, but given that I was going to be in the area, I figured that I may as well turn up.
So the location doesn't really affect how long you'll be staying with us, then... I guess that actually counts as a vote to keep it at my place ;)

My fever has finally broken, but I'm still on the mend. I won't be travelling out this weekend, as much as I would like to.
No probs mate. I hope you feel better soon!

Doncamatic, I guess it's up to you whether we play or just cancel the whole thing now :/

Edit: Hmm, I guess I could ask some other non-AusGAF friends to join in, maybe... What do we think?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
While I don't mind helping out any hospital, I'd like to do it for my local one.

That's why I'm asking other people to consider it, because they're in other states. I wouldn't want 50 DSi's rocking up at the one at Victoria and none for everyone else. Spread the love.

Oh yea for sure. I certainly didn't mean to send all of them down to vic. Spread them around to each state, depending on how many you get. If it's only a handful or whatever then just stick to the local ones.

I was more thinking about the vooks community and if people end up getting excess stock. You might be able to get folks to chip in and depending on how many you are able to get, Get community members to hand deliver them to certain children's hospitals.

It's a great idea though, No matter how you go about it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I just think it's easier to piggy-back off their contacts and resources. I mean, if it's for charity, there's no real reason to not take advantages to spread the word.

There's no harm in shooting off some emails to Child's Play to see if they can drum up more support and organisation both at hospitals and amongst people going to Dick Smith.

There's Child's Play and Starlight Foundation seem to do stuff like that too. I'll see how many DSi's I can get first or others. I don't want to promise anything I can't deliver.

Oh yea for sure. I certainly didn't mean to send all of them down to vic. Spread them around to each state, depending on how many you get. If it's only a handful or whatever then just stick to the local ones.

I was more thinking about the vooks community and if people end up getting excess stock. You might be able to get folks to chip in and depending on how many you are able to get, Get community members to hand deliver them to certain children's hospitals.

It's a great idea though, No matter how you go about it.

Seems to be getting lot of retweets and stuff, so yeah I hope people do it.

Jintor

I'm sorry to cause such trouble about this :/

I don't really mind either way, but I'll be unavailable until after April I think after this weekend.

Danoss

No probs mate. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks man, should be right in a few days I think.

They are insanely dangerous here, especially at peak times when people try to speed through.

I've been hit on my motorcycle twice at roundabouts. I hate them, people are shit.

The first occasion I was on the roundabout and someone jumped out and cut me off, clipping my front wheel, which luckily didn't do anything. I chased the bitch down and gave her an earful after she took off.

The second time was this busy roundabout leading down to Norwest Boulevarde, which is always terrible. This particular morning on the way to work was especially bad. I was waiting for the roundabout to clear so I could get on it and BAM! Rear-ended by some dopey-arse bitch who sent me careening into the roundabout on my side. If a car was flying through it, I could've been in serious trouble. The "sorry, I didn't see you" excuse doesn't work at that point. What a cunt she was.

Clipper

OK, that's it. Donc and I agree that it's not worth his long bike ride for us to get one game of three players and the rest with only two. SydGAF Board Games 3 is postponed again. To April 15th. Rahk and Danoss, let us know if you already have plans for that date.

Rezbit

Speaking of board games, having a board game day tomorrow with the main attraction being Game of Thrones. Can't freaking wait haha.

Danoss

Speaking of board games, having a board game day tomorrow with the main attraction being Game of Thrones. Can't freaking wait haha.

Do tell what it's like. I've heard that it's a great (albeit overly complicated at times) game that really does justice to the theme.

Yagharek

Well 'my' charity personally is the RSCPA... and I don't think dogs want the DSi.

I think the local kids hospital of each state could be a good target for everyone? Child's Play only do one hospital in NSW and QLD.

I'm going to float the idea on Twitter.

Its a great idea but from my understanding they won't accept them. Definitely try though.

I think the local kids hospital of each state could be a good target for everyone? Child's Play only do one hospital in NSW and QLD.
... despite me emailing and a year later calling the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne to get on board with free stuff.

midonnay

according to someone on whirlpool

Just had a conversation with a staff member at Warrawong.

Me: "I read about a sale this Monday?"
Him: "Yes, but not for you guys."
Me: "Us guys?"
Him: "Customers. The sale on the 2nd is for staff. The public sale starts on the 11th. There won't be anything left. I've got a garbage bag full of stuff I've claimed already, so has everyone else on staff."

He went on to point out that there probably won't be any consoles. PS3s are gone already. He confirmed that the DSi price will be $20, if you can get one, which you can't. Shit games that nobody likes will be $1, we're free to buy those.

probably would be better for woolworths to donate a fair bit to charity >_>

ps: two community tags......... gaf is becoming bizarro world

That's bullshit. I talked to one who said he knew nothing about it but it was fucking obvious he did based on his face. The second confirmed it and said that employees will probably have first dibs but there will probably still be a bit of good stock available.

Also Dick Smith have confirmed it on Twitter and Facebook separately. So that guys a fuckwit

Interesting how someone can claim a garbage bag full of stuff which should really be on display at the current price. I wonder if you could get someone fired for that sort of dickery.

Hey we're almost a quarter of the way through AusGAF VI already!

... it's Friday, what's everyone playing this weekend?

wow that doesn't sound legal at all. Why are they able to "bags" things before the sale starts? What if people want to buy them now before the sale?

EDIT: @cod, hm... getting those staff fired would totally make up for my disappointment in not being able to buy anything.

jambo

wow that doesn't sound legal at all. Why are they able to "bags" things before the sale starts? What if people want to buy them now before the sale?

EDIT: @cod, hm... getting those staff fired would totally make up for my disappointment in not being able to buy anything.

I'm thinking about using the layby tactic on a couple of DSi's, so I can come in and cancel the layby and buy them at $20 Monday morning...

Jintor

VsOap.jpg

Awww yeah

I also got an extremely banged up and damaged Lego X-Wing box about a month and a bit after I ordered it, so there's that. I think I ordered this on, like, Sunday :|

You'd be surprised how stupidity levels seem to scale with age.

Unfortunately its not really surprising at all. I kinda had a revelation the day I turned 18 that adults aren't any different to children. The only thing that really changes is people get less and less kind, and more and more pretentious, as far as I can tell.

Boken

Banned
Awww yeah

I also got an extremely banged up and damaged Lego X-Wing box about a month and a bit after I ordered it, so there's that. I think I ordered this on, like, Sunday :|

:O
Tell me more! What's it like inside?
Do you recommend it for an Avatar fan?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What are the fanboys yelling out during kpop songs?

Is it always the same thing or different depending on who the performer and song are?

Unfortunately its not really surprising at all. I kinda had a revelation the day I turned 18 that adults aren't any different to children. The only thing that really changes is people get less and less kind, and more and more pretentious, as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately yes. This is my experience as well. And most people seem to have less and less patience with people. Many adults are just grown children.

jambo

Contacted about what?

A few of us bought games during their 50% off sale and elected store pick-up to get our games.

The email they send out says to wait until the store contacts you, but no one's heard anything yet.

A mate of mine said that he asked a HN staff member about his order and the guy had no idea about the store pickup thing, so I'm a tad worried...

Jintor

:O
Tell me more! What's it like inside?
Do you recommend it for an Avatar fan?

It's amazing, get it. Keyframes, storyboards, concept art, detailed props, amazing stuff. The internal written works and the caligraphy especially are awesome.

Danoss

Oh ok.

( I have no idea what you just said)

I'm not following it on Facebook, just making an assumption, which was this:

Vooks has mentioned that he would like to buy cheap DSi's from the Dick Smith sale to give to charity i.e. childrens hospitals. I guessed that many other scalpers and people with intent to resell them got angry about this. No idea if any of this is true. I thought if you were following the events in this thread, my brief statement would have made some sort of sense.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ah thank you.

"Vooks has mentioned that he would like to buy cheap DSi's from the Dick Smith sale to give to charity i.e. childrens hospitals."

Was the piece of the puzzle I had no idea about! Ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom