• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

But you can find hotter friends of those you know and do it to them. So I hear

The problem with Facebook for me was it was just full people I haven't spoken to since high school and there were reasons for that. I have no interest in them or what they are doing just like they have zero interest in me.

Twitter allows me to stalk talk about random musings I find throughout the day and annoying people with them.

I have a rule that I only add people who I've met and have been in contact with recently. I'm thinking of setting a self-imposed '150 friend limit' ie: deciding who to remove if my quota exceeds 150 so I'm only tracking people I care about.

I don't use the wall, I've blocked others from posting on my wall, I don't 'like' shit and don't comment. It's merely a means of sharing photos with people whom I want to see my photos. Ideally, I'd just make a flickr set and mail out the link, but by customising facebook and cutting out all the unnecessary horseshit, I basically have a means of getting my photos out that way.

Only person on facebook I've added but haven't met in person is Serrels, because he posts interesting relevant stuff. Apologies in advance to the two people on AusGAF whom I haven't met but might be interested in adding me - I have my rules and I'm sticking to them.

jambo

Ridge Racer Unbounded is out on steam but not at retail for another week

smh

The whole launch seems to have been a fucking debacle.

They sent out a press release yesterday saying it was out in Australia, even though they've only just started shipping stock to stores.

Jintor

I was thinking about the overseas people I have on my FB but then I've actually met a fair chunk of them at conventions and industry events and the like, so...

pilonv1

The whole launch seems to have been a fucking debacle.

They sent out a press release yesterday saying it was out in Australia, even though they've only just started shipping stock to stores.

It's more annoying because JB has 20% off till Sunday. I'd get the 360 version for $55 but the Steam version is available now for $50.

I just had a thought, I wonder if we can add the items to our cart prior to 8am (like, Sunday night) and then just click checkout when required. How long do cookies save for?

edit: From the look of it all I'm buying are a wii remote and a nunchuk from my local dse. Might try online first though, but I'm sure the site will get hammered.

I just had a thought, I wonder if we can add the items to our cart prior to 8am (like, Sunday night) and then just click checkout when required. How long do cookies save for?
Not a bad idea. It's probably more likely a session stored on the server-side though. I had some games from the Harvey Norman sale stored in my cart overnight because it was on the work laptop and I went home, and it lost them all. Some places like Amazon seem to store them forever.

May as well give it a try.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Woot looks like I can take some time off.

I'm thinking, The Thursday before good friday. I can go to the physio for that and get some thai deli for lunch, If i can get a booking.

Then the week after easter I will take off and hit up the dentist on tuesday to be told my teeth are terrible. I will agree and say I wish I had false teeth.

Then I guess do nothing for the rest of the days available. I might go shopping (Could do that on thursday since it's in the city) and pickup some new clothes.

I do wish i was going away as it would be interesting. Sitting at home doing nothing isn't really that, But I could get some games off my backlog as well. Focus on some of the bigger ones.

God I lead a boring life. Woo hoo

Yagharek

Shit, now I look it up, you're right. They do send out threads and let that do the work for them. Their silk is amongst the strongest in the world, (one which we would very much like to be able to engineer for ourselves) so this is of no concern for them.

I looked up where I got confused and spiders can launch themselves and fly, but they have to be small, like really small. It seems that only hatchlings or just naturally small spiders can do this, and it's called 'ballooning'. There's this cool video on how the little things do it, and they can get pretty high. This other video is pretty awesome also, showing a bunch of hatchlings spreading out, away from their nest, though you can't really see the gossamer threads they shoot out to help them.

Ahh cool, glad I wasn't making stuff up then
:)

I always suspected they let web trails downwind, since I will often end up walking through them of a morning.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I could get behind you having a grill if that's what you want?

Not really. I'm just being a bored idiot. Not a lot to do at work right now, So i'm trying to figure out why this external hdd was brought back faulty when it seems to be working fine.

Yay idiot customers.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ahh friday.

just got a DOA number from ASUS now i need to stroll down to MSY to have them fix my laptop!

then i need to buy a cake tin! tonight im baking a cake

cookie have you considered pilates (most physio's will do them), your back may be temporarily fixed by just going to a physio but if you don't fix the underlying problem you'll just end up back at square one.

I only mention it because my wife is a physio who also runs pilate classes (with reformers) and has phenomenal success with patients.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
cookie have you considered pilates (most physio's will do them), your back may be temporarily fixed by just going to a physio but if you don't fix the underlying problem you'll just end up back at square one.

I only mention it because my wife is a physio who also runs pilate classes (with reformers) and has phenomenal success with patients.

Well I wanted to go to the physio for I guess the initial diagnosis and if they turn around and say, Do pilates you fat fuck, Then I will do them. Or hit the gym to strengthen it up and so on.

I do want to fix whatever the damn problem is instead of simply throwing a bandaid on it, Which is why I was thinking a physio would be my next option so they can punch me in the face and tell me what I should be doing to correct it all. Then I can continue with the exercises down the track.

So it looks like a local DSE at work might have some DSi's in going by the website. I might actually walk there on the way to work and be one of the first to barge in.

VOOK - Are you going to do any sort of list as to what's recommended to buy for Nintendo fans? I wouldn't mind grabbing what was good if possible but I have no idea what that is!

And who here actually wants stuff? I can certainly try and pick up some extra hardware if people wanted it along with software if I can find any.

I wouldn't mind a little ausgaf group trying to grab stuff for others. Instead of those on ecogamer and ozbarg trying to buy everything up for profit.

If you can find a Dsi and a copy of pokemon (either heart gold or soul silver) I would love you long time and paypal you the money.

I don't log onto GAF for a while and when I come back there are TWO community forums?

Any big news here lately? Everyone still losing their minds over Kid Icarus I see?

Danoss

Just wait every state will now introduce mandatory round abouts on all main roads

Just like on the Central Coast?
MjkRL.gif

Out here in maitland there are 2 roundabouts that just drive me nuts. They are in horrible positions and they are always backed up with heaps of traffic. With the population growing like it is, maitland is going to be a horrible place for traffic in a few years.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jintor, we're having a Kid Icarus Wi-Fi night today on the site. Details will be on Twitter/Facebook soon.

Oh and anyone else who wants people to play.

VOOK

You mean tonight right? Let me out of class first!

Yeah its like 7pm.

Floating an idea,

These $20 DSi's, I might buy as many as possible to give to charity (childrens hospital or something).

Good idea or not?

Jintor

I think good idea. Would you go via a charity or just drive up and drop 'em off? I would advise the former (Child's Play is the most obvious choice, though I don't know if they have contacts in Perth)

I mean, what else are you going to do with them, flog 'em like the rest of ozbargins?

VOOK

I think good idea. Would you go via a charity or just drive up and drop 'em off? I would advise the former (Child's Play is the most obvious choice, though I don't know if they have contacts in Perth)

I mean, what else are you going to do with them, flog 'em like the rest of ozbargins?

Well 'my' charity personally is the RSCPA... and I don't think dogs want the DSi.

I think the local kids hospital of each state could be a good target for everyone? Child's Play only do one hospital in NSW and QLD.

I'm going to float the idea on Twitter.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just check out some of the children's hospitals that are local. Once you get an idea of how many DSi's you have then you can start asking around if they want any. It's a good idea.

I'm proud to announce the AusGAF Childrens Hospital. Opening up in 2013. Donations of console hardware are sought after and won't be knocked back.

I don't think you really need to go through childs play. Just do a little story on your own website, hand a few out in WA and maybe even send some down to the royal childrens hospital in VIC, Which will have it's donation drive on good friday. Get AON to represent VOOKS and donate some hardware away, He can be on tv and stuffs!

VOOK

Just check out some of the children's hospitals that are local. Once you get an idea of how many DSi's you have then you can start asking around if they want any. It's a good idea.

I'm proud to announce the AusGAF Childrens Hospital. Opening up in 2013. Donations of console hardware are sought after and won't be knocked back.

I don't think you really need to go through childs play. Just do a little story on your own website, hand a few out in WA and maybe even send some down to the royal childrens hospital in VIC, Which will have it's donation drive on good friday. Get AON to represent VOOKS and donate some hardware away, He can be on tv and stuffs!

While I don't mind helping out any hospital, I'd like to do it for my local one.

That's why I'm asking other people to consider it, because they're in other states. I wouldn't want 50 DSi's rocking up at the one at Victoria and none for everyone else. Spread the love.

Jintor

I just think it's easier to piggy-back off their contacts and resources. I mean, if it's for charity, there's no real reason to not take advantages to spread the word.

There's no harm in shooting off some emails to Child's Play to see if they can drum up more support and organisation both at hospitals and amongst people going to Dick Smith.

Clipper

Sydgaf Board Gamers, Discworld did arrive, so it will feature on Sunday.

I'm wondering whether we should move the location to UNSW instead to satisfy Jintor's craving to attend for part of the MolyJam thingy.

I'm not interested in paying the $20 door fee myself, but we might have him around for longer. Doncamatic, what's your take? Jintor, at what time are you expecting to leave us? Danoss, are you well enough to come, yet?

Jintor

I was going to stick around for a game, so I didn't have a hard time set. I'm not covering it as such, but given that I was going to be in the area, I figured that I may as well turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom