• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch box for $15 that came with katsu, rice, sushi, tofu, noodle thingies, a spring roll thingie, miso soup, sauces and wasabi and green tea.
Sounds way better than Wagamama anyway.

Reptile, if you're getting married, isn't the gf a fiance? Milk it while you can!

What's a Benton?

Benson.jpg

Clipper

Incidentally, Danoss, the Japanese place I pointed out to you last time is open on Sundays for lunch, so there will be Bento boxes at the next SydGAF.

Oh, and I went and got some card sleeves for Munchkin and just finished sleeving all 962 cards... phew...

Danoss

Incidentally, Danoss, the Japanese place I pointed out to you last time is open on Sundays for lunch, so there will be Bento boxes at the next SydGAF.

Oh, and I went and got some card sleeves for Munchkin and just finished sleeving all 962 cards... phew...

Nice one on the Japanese, I'll be keen for that and of course Thai another time would be great.

As for card sleeves, I hope you picked up some premium ones. Mayday Premium, Fantasy Flight or UltraPro are all great (depending on card size). There are cheaper Mayday sleeves, but they really aren't worth it, they dent and split easily and suffer severely under constant shuffling. I was using them to save money and ended up de-sleeving and re-sleeving all my games with Fantasy Flight ones because the cheapo Mayday sleeves were so bad.

I don't know if April 15th will suit me for the next board game event, my football team will be probably getting belted again that day and I usually plan on watching their games. I may change my mind depending on how they go up until then, if they continue to play horrendously, I might stop giving a shit and just watch the replay or catch the highlights. Pencil me in as tentative.

Clipper

Nice one on the Japanese, I'll be keen for that and of course Thai another time would be great.

As for card sleeves, I hope you picked up some premium ones. Mayday Premium, Fantasy Flight or UltraPro are all great (depending on card size). There are cheaper Mayday sleeves, but they really aren't worth it, they dent and split easily and suffer severely under constant shuffling. I was using them to save money and ended up de-sleeving and re-sleeving all my games with Fantasy Flight ones because the cheapo Mayday sleeves were so bad.

I don't know if April 15th will suit me for the next board game event, my football team will be probably getting belted again that day and I usually plan on watching their games. I may change my mind depending on how they go up until then, if they continue to play horrendously, I might stop giving a shit and just watch the replay or catch the highlights. Pencil me in as tentative.
I did go with the normal Mayday sleeves as I read they were the only ones that fit in the Boxes of Holding. I could justify $22.50 on sleeving them, but not the $45 it would have cost to go with the thicker premium ones. If they don't work out, I'll probably just go back to sleeveless anyway.

By watching do you mean attending? If you just mean on TV, I can always put it up on the projector so you can watch it as we play ;).

Danoss

I did go with the normal Mayday sleeves as I read they were the only ones that fit in the Boxes of Holding. I could justify $22.50 on sleeving them, but not the $45 it would have cost to go with the thicker premium ones. If they don't work out, I'll probably just go back to sleeveless anyway.

By watching do you mean attending? If you just mean on TV, I can always put it up on the projector so you can watch it as we play ;).

You'll probably end up going sleeveless very soon, the cheap Mayday sleeves are useless. I've had to throw and entire pack away because the size was slightly off what it said on the box and the cards didn't fit.

The game will be on TV, not sure if Foxtel or FTA, most likely on Fox, because Wests and Penrith are playing the same day and are less likely to put in a shithouse performance that ch9 will find embarrassing. Gaming and watching the footy isn't really something you can do at once, shit, I have a hard enough time paying attention to one thing at a time. Plus when Wests and Parra play on the same day, I'm usually at my mates place having a few beers and watching the games together.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It looks sweet but super predictable. I get the feeling it's ultimately a chick flick with "comedy" side kicks.

Is anyone playing the path of exile beta this weekend? I'm guessing frawd and fred might be in, I've got it downloaded and ready to go.

Shaneus

If the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter raises over $2.1m, Chris Avellone and Obsidian will be roped in.

Go and give them all your money!
I have an idea.

Actual Star Control 3/Ur-Quan Masters 2 Kickstarter for Toys for Bob.

It has to fucking happen. Off to write an email to everyone now.

Also, Wasteland 2 would be like... what sort of RPG? Like, old-school AD&D, Pool of Radiance/Secret of the Silver Blades/Curse of the Azure Bonds-style? These days, when people say "RPG" I never know what they mean :(

Also, Wasteland 2 would be like... what sort of RPG? Like, old-school AD&D, Pool of Radiance/Secret of the Silver Blades/Curse of the Azure Bonds-style? These days, when people say "RPG" I never know what they mean :(
Wasteland 2 will be similar to the first Wasteland. Probably the closest comparison is Fallout/Fallout 2 but they don't want people thinking it's going to be a sequel to those two. However the original Fallouts were made because the original Wasteland team couldn't get the rights to make a sequel at the time.

Omi, you forgot hours of dialogue!

Shaneus

Wasteland 2 will be similar to the first Wasteland. Probably the closest comparison is Fallout/Fallout 2 but they don't want people thinking it's going to be a sequel to those two. However the original Fallouts were made because the original Wasteland team couldn't get the rights to make a sequel at the time.

Omi, you forgot hours of dialogue!
I've not played the original Wasteland OR either of the first two Fallout games. I should probably steer clear of this KS given I have absolutely nothing to use as a reference point. Although he did mention Bard's Tale and Battle Chess in that intro video...

Rahk

It looks sweet but super predictable. I get the feeling it's ultimately a chick flick with "comedy" side kicks.

Is anyone playing the path of exile beta this weekend? I'm guessing frawd and fred might be in, I've got it downloaded and ready to go.

I signed up but won't be able to play later this evening by which time you will all be level 60.

stonedwal

I'll probably get into shit for plugging my own stuff, but fuck it.

For the last two years or so I've been running a little retro gaming site called Retro Gaming Australia that nobody visits, and in that time I've been slaving away on a wiki called the Australian Gaming Database. Originally it was just meant to chronicle game development in Australia, but I found the history of the games market in Australia to be quite interesting, so the scope expanded to include that. And then magazines (with cover galleries) and TV shows and all that crap. Originally had grand plans for a big launch.

Then I quit pretending to be a writer, resumed my career as an accountant and all the work went on the backburner. A New Year's resolution was to launch the wiki to the public before March 31, and that's today, so now it's live in all its half-assed glory.

Some pages are actually complete, like Beam Software, Megazone and so on. Cover galleries for Hyper and PC Powerplay are almost complete to about January of this year. I spent a few months crawling LinkedIn to try and find previously unmentioned cancelled games, which turned up a few I didn't know about.

Hopefully someone enjoys it, but I am sick of working on it.

>_< Let the gf use the computer last night and then had to go wedding ring shopping and the Gears 3 for $15 deal at TheHut ran out of stock. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

If the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter raises over $2.1m, Chris Avellone and Obsidian will be roped in.

Go and give them all your money!
Hell yes, this along with a new GFW Brodeo makes today a great day to be awake. Basically if you like Fallout 2 it should be a no brainer to at least throw down $15 so you can play this when it is finished.

Jintor

For the last two years or so I've been running a little retro gaming site called Retro Gaming Australia that nobody visits, and in that time I've been slaving away on a wiki called the Australian Gaming Database. Originally it was just meant to chronicle game development in Australia, but I found the history of the games market in Australia to be quite interesting, so the scope expanded to include that. And then magazines (with cover galleries) and TV shows and all that crap. Originally had grand plans for a big launch.

Then I quit pretending to be a writer, resumed my career as an accountant and all the work went on the backburner. A New Year's resolution was to launch the wiki to the public before March 31, and that's today, so now it's live in all its half-assed glory.

Some pages are actually complete, like Beam Software, Megazone and so on. Cover galleries for Hyper and PC Powerplay are almost complete to about January of this year. I spent a few months crawling LinkedIn to try and find previously unmentioned cancelled games, which turned up a few I didn't know about.

I can get you HYPER/PCPP covers

YOU ARE AWESOME! I was going to grab some of the old mags when I am home next weekend but this database brings back a lot of good memories.

Maybe some of the industry people here would want to add to the wiki for you. Plenty of games need to be added to the Australian developed side.

EDIT This was my first gaming magazine that I remember being worth keeping. Came with a demo disc for Curse of Monkey Island, the greatest game of all time *sniff*
444px-PCPP016.jpg

stonedwal

I can get you HYPER/PCPP covers
Cool. I actually have most of the ones that aren't posted on the site yet up to about issue 50 for Hyper, but I've been too lazy to polish up the scans. PCPP is complete excusing alternate covers. What's really hard is finding covers for the Next mags that didn't last so long - PlayStation Gamer, Australian Station, various Game Boy mags, Total Gamer etc. - I was looking at having to use holiday time to go to the National Library to find those covers.

Jintor

I could ask Malky or Goose. They probably know if they've been kept on file; I'd assume they have (though they're probably on CD)

stonedwal

Any help is appreciated.

Plenty of games need to be added to the Australian developed side.
True, I haven't really been keeping up with iOS releases. The Games Developed in Australia category is small because I decided against using that category but left it sitting around - was better just to differentiate which ones were developed in New Zealand so it wasn't the typical case of Australia hogging New Zealand's glory. Fixing it up now.

Shepard running emulators on the galaxy map
Pac Effect 3

SPOILERS!

Gloriously funny spoilers though. Terrible mechanic. Just, fucking hang your heads in shame Bioware, just a terribly though out game technique. Terrible. Also broken since
you can just spam the signal and when reapers arrive you just jet out of the system and jet back in at a randomised edge so you just keep doing it over and over until you get to the booty. That reaper scream as you enter the system though is annoying.

Deeku

Hell yes, this along with a new GFW Brodeo makes today a great day to be awake.
You should have bolded that shit reptile! I had no idea until I got bored and decided to have a look at gaming.

Listening now and hearing that intro...almost got teary eyed lol

It's like they never left:'(

american here

just wondering, why is this in the gaming community section? is this thread just for aussies who want to talk about games? thought this was just a thread for GAF's australians

thanks

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
american here

just wondering, why is this in the gaming community section? is this thread just for aussies who want to talk about games? thought this was just a thread for GAF's australians

thanks

It's a secret. You wouldn't understand.

Fredescu

The thread started in gaming, not in OT. It was originally because Australian news and bargains would fall off the front page quickly and people would miss them. It's become a lot more social over the years, but I guess the point is still Australian news and game sales and such.

american here

thanks
Mainly because we talk a lot about Games in relation to our region. Quite a lot of Australian games media people in here along with people in the industry.

I use it mainly for posting Australian related bargains on games.

If the thread was in Off Topic people would ask why it isn't on the Gaming side.

You should have bolded that shit reptile! I had no idea until I got bored and decided to have a look at gaming.

Listening now and hearing that intro...almost got teary eyed lol

It's like they never left:'(
It is really, really, really great. Nice and long too! That has been my only issue with the Thumbcasts, just need more and more!

New Brodeo? What is this? Ahhhh! A one off I'm guessing?
Yup :( They all have proper jobs at this point. Can't see why Jeff Green or Shawn Elliot would quit their primo jobs, especially since Shawn could end up being a pretty awesome developer directors games at some point.

Axiom

I was in such a good mood after discovering GFW was back I ended up giving a pretty girl on the bus my number and walking her half way home.

Considering that I had to leave home at 6:30 to head into class on a Saturday only to discover all the trains were canceled, this afternoon ended pretty decently.

Now if every day could have something I adore come back, I'd have no more problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom