• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reptile, why can't you drink scotch for the next four months?
Scotch and whiskey aren't really my thing. That aftertaste =/ Think I'll stick to sweet drinks for now. Maybe in a few years.

I haven't heard anyone say "yyyyeeeewwww" since probably early high school:/

Guess it's still a thing?

It seems like university exists in a bubble without 'yew', I haven't heard it since I graduated either, except down on the gold coast.

Boken

Banned
Reptile, why can't you drink scotch for the next four months?
Scotch and whiskey aren't really my thing. That aftertaste =/ Think I'll stick to sweet drinks for now. Maybe in a few years.
Stick to them forever! Toblerone has to be the the yummiest drink in the world.

Stick to them forever! Toblerone has to be the the yummiest drink in the world.

Just googled it. Daaaamn, its like the got all the best liqueurs and mixed them together. Gonna go by myself some kahlua and try it out.

Cocksucking Cowboys are pretty great too, but I feel skanky trying to order one.

Boken

Banned
If drinking delicious liquid chocolate gold cocktails makes me a baby then I'm a baby.

P4091684.jpg

Deeku

I don't drink, but as a guy I'd feel pretty stupid drinking that.

It's like, ordering an ice chocolate when everyone else drinks coffee.

also, cocksucking cowboy what:eek: lol

Boken

Banned
Milk_rattle.JPG

Made out of chocolate for accuracy

I'm comfortable enough with myself that I can drink whatever the hell I want.
(I make the missus order it then drink it all)

It's not like I order a toblerone when everybody is drinking a beer.

From OZbargain, kind of justifies the DSE sale uproar:

I walked into my local DSE today and enquired about the rumoured sale on Monday. The salesman sighed and said he was really sorry but the sale was supposed to be for staff only on Monday, with another sale to follow for the general public shortly after. He said the staff sale had been leaked and this is where the confusion has started.

It's all good and well to cry murder when you cannot get cheap bargains because someone else is in line ahead of you, but by the sounds of it staff were always supposed to get first dibs. We were never meant to know. Now that we do, many feel hard done by and have resorted to bad mouthing staff that work in the stores.

I never knew Dickies was in trouble and that their stores could soon be disappearing from my choice of retailers in the coming years. Some light googling turned up this and a couple like it:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/woolies-t...

I have never personally had problems with returns or refunds and the staff have always been helpful and polite in my dealings. It will be sad to see them go if they do, competition is always a good thing when looking for great prices.

So the staff get to purchase some items as a thank you from the company that has employed them, so you miss out on a cheap xbox or game. They haven't stopped manufacturing those items you, will just have to wait for another deal from one of the other electronics retailers that dot the horizon.

The Live tab on ozbargain still works and living on that page is where most of us will go back to once the sale is over anyway.

Good luck Dick Smith. Hope I still snag a deal during the sale, but life will go on just fine if I don't…

Also deek, you avatar looks like she has a green mustache. :p

Yagharek

I have no problem with dse employees getting first dibs, its the rule of retail. Plus, its better than entitled ecogamer scavengers flipping everything they don't need.

Only downside is no charity grabs from sales, but as far as I know, many hospitals don't acquire any donations; they get them through official channels of their own charity wing.

Staff only sale sounds like douchebags justifying their actions to me, but I suppose it is possible it's for staff only. If it was though, why didn't the official Facebook and Twitter accounts mention that when confirming the sale on Thursday?

Staff only sale sounds like douchebags justifying their actions to me, but I suppose it is possible it's for staff only. If it was though, why didn't the official Facebook and Twitter accounts mention that when confirming the sale on Thursday?

I don't understand why they are advertising that the sale starts monday when it kinda doesn't. All that does it set customers up to get pissed off, especially if they have to drive out all the way out to the store specifically for the sale only to be told by the staff "come back on thursday after I've helped myself lolol".

UGH, this translation company is asking me to fill out a bunch of forms ASAP and I can't understand it because its filled with technical jargon and badly translated. What the hell is a revision order and why do I need to agree to one? Ugh, its way too late for this. Caught me just as I was going to bed too.

Once this leaked, they had to make it official and seem secretive to avoid bad PR. Look how that backfired. Should have just told the truth about it being a staff only sale.

jambo

Did anyone here go to Oz Comic Con in Adelaide this weekend?
I went yesterday, heading in again today. I went as a Jedi, took my jedi robe and lightsaber. Had my photo taken a couple of times and a lot of people wanted to know where to buy the lightsabers, because its one of the high quality ForceFX ones.

Saw Q&As with Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee from LotR) and Norman Reedus (Boondock Saints and Walking Dead) and got pictures signed by Jonathon Frakes (Comm. Riker from Star Trek TNG) and Sean Astin.

There weren't heaps of people in costume, but there were thousands and thousands at the event, surprised me how packed it was. There were some great costumes though, the 501st were there so there were a lot of Storm Troopers. The line for Sean Astin signatures was about 2 hours long.

I'm going to get a picture signed by Sean Schemmel today (Goku in English DBZ) and the gf is getting some photos with some of the stars.

Open wifi network at the airport. Score.

Nothing happening until 10am. Fuck.

The won't let me fly one, even though I told them I could fly the dodo in gta3

midonnay

off to the west coast bulldogs game soon >_>

hopefully naitanui will carve them a new one
for the sake of Supercoach

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is it easy to set up? I'd love to try that out. Burnout 3 is probably my favorite racer ever.

Easily my fav racer ever as well. It seems to be easy to get setup. You will need the latest svn build and not 0.9.8 off the official site since it doesn't support BO3. Then just go through some basic setup and you're pretty much done.

You will need the ps2 bios though for everything to work.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Glitchy at all? Been a long time since I have run it. Could be good to see if it improves some games by now, like Dolphin.

Seems fine here except a small audio glitch from time to time. I haven't actually looked into it, but i'm guessing if you disable the DJ guy (seems to happen when he pops in during a race) you should be ok.

Took a quick screenshot

No Upscale - http://i.imgur.com/ZesbV.jpg
3x Upscale - http://i.imgur.com/VlnoA.jpg

Shaneus

Ugh, don't talk to me about beer :p
I9cdt.jpg

Open wifi network at the airport. Score.

Nothing happening until 10am. Fuck.

The won't let me fly one, even though I told them I could fly the dodo in gta3
That should be at least enough to get you on Tiger. Tell them you're the shit at Afterburner though... totally works.

Easily my fav racer ever as well. It seems to be easy to get setup. You will need the latest svn build and not 0.9.8 off the official site since it doesn't support BO3. Then just go through some basic setup and you're pretty much done.

You will need the ps2 bios though for everything to work.
This is my project for today. Woooo! In fact, I might get a bunch of PS2 emu shit going.

Suggestions? (for a non-PS2 owner) (I liek driving games, but am open to anything awesome that looks awesomer when emulated)

Was BO3 the best? I thought there were better ones like Revenge or some other one (not counting Paradise, Mar) but my memory escapes me. I really only ever played 1 and 2.

Edit: Fuck it, I might have a bit of an emu day today. Thanks to reptile for mentioning Dolphin :p

Edit #2: As far as emulated stuff goes, it looks like Wipeout Fusion comes off pretty well, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfUJH-H6x00

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
That thing from OzBargain is rubbish, my brother works at Dick Smith and they've been told nothing of the sort.

That thing from OzBargain is rubbish, my brother works at Dick Smith and they've been told nothing of the sort.
I am shocked. This better not be a new trend of the internet proliferating false information!

In truth, I'm sure it a case where some people are trying to dissuade people from going. That leaves more stuff for them to sell on eBay.

midonnay

maybe the manager kept it secret from his colleagues
so he could set up a games room in his toliet

ps: all this talk of dick smiths is bringing up jbhifi ads......sneaky

Shaneus

What part... the whole thing or the staff-only thing? Not that I give a shit. I gave up on camping for ultra-cheap gaming stuff a long time ago. Those hourly CotD deals were enough.

For perth people I went to dse at gateways shopping centre yesterday. No consoles that would be on sale, they were kinect bundles and no dsi's. Did have a lot of live points and gold subscriptions though.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
What part... the whole thing or the staff-only thing? Not that I give a shit. I gave up on camping for ultra-cheap gaming stuff a long time ago. Those hourly CotD deals were enough.

That staff have been given first dibs.

For perth people I went to dse at gateways shopping centre yesterday. No consoles that would be on sale, they were kinect bundles and no dsi's. Did have a lot of live points and gold subscriptions though.

Every store has a ton, lots out the back too. The scalpers are going to go nuts on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom