• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohsae

My mate says yewwwwww. Is it from something because I hadn't heard it until I met him

Back in the day I think it was a surfing thing, all my mates who surfed were the only people I knew who did it. Maybe that's changed and now it's a douchebag thing?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Back in the day I think it was a surfing thing, all my mates who surfed were the only people I knew who did it. Maybe that's changed and now it's a douchebag thing?

my sisters dodgy old friends do it, so i'm pretty sure it's a douche bag thing

Gazunta

Yeah the "staff only" thing is complete bullshit. It's staff lying to you and keeping the games for themselves.

Blah, I'll be at work so can't go anyway, just annoying to hear crap like that.

It is 20 days until Gold Coast Supanova. Oh God help me. And I just found out you can't sell stickers, that's one less item I'll be selling... :/

Yeah the "staff only" thing is complete bullshit. It's staff lying to you and keeping the games for themselves.

So does that mean there is a sale I can go to on monday then?

It is 20 days until Gold Coast Supanova. Oh God help me. And I just found out you can't sell stickers, that's one less item I'll be selling... :/

woah woah woah. Why not?

Shaneus

So if you haven't, you guys totally need to check out Google Maps for NES. I managed to take a screencap of what my place looks like on it:
h8gBX.png

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Streaming Burnout 3 for the next 30 I guess. Kinda bored. Skrillex is on because fogz requested it. French too OH YEA. I haven't played in years, it's bad. Trying to relive the glory days D:

http://www.justin.tv/evlcookie

I don't mind streaming. I just wish I actually had a) something interesting to stream b) didn't live in aus and c) some sort of fan base for viewing.

I need to become pro at sc2 I guess.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
April 14th, MelbGaf part 2.

who's in? bananaarnies keen to do something, I'm keen.

if it doesnt end up being too many people i dont even mind suggesting a games night at my place
That's a bit LTTP isnt it?

HotS comes out later this year! He's starting the same time as Flash and Jaedong.

Yagharek

HotS comes out later this year! He's starting the same time as Flash and Jaedong.

Oh. I must be thinking of a different SC2.

Anyways, just managed to acquire a copy of Another World for SNES. Looking forward to playing it, Ive heard great things about it.

hamchan

HAM LEGEND JUST BOUGHT SC2 WE CAN TRAIN HIM

Hooray! Our gold level will bring him far.

Dont say MOBA, say DOTA.

Man, I havent even touched Dota 2 since I got the invite >.> Well I watched 1 match....

If feel it's a bit confusing to be calling the genre DOTA now since there are a whole bunch of these MOBA games that are competing with Dota 2 and I don't want people to think I'm referring to just the one game. Plus it's LoL getting most of the viewers since Dota 2 isn't really out yet.

markot

Banned
The Federal Government has described a multi-million dollar legal settlement over CSIRO's Wi-Fi technology as a major boost for the organisation.

The settlement secures more than $220 million for the Australian organisation, which invented the technology in the 1990s.

The technology is now used in more than 3 billion electronic devices worldwide.

Today's settlement is the second successful litigation to be conducted by the research body, which now has licence agreements with 23 telecommunications companies.

The Minister for Science and Research, Chris Evans, says the latest agreement brings total revenue for the CSIRO's technology to almost $430 million dollars.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-...on-dollar-payment-for-wifi-technology/3925814

Shaneus

Wait... CSIRO invented wifi? Mind completely blown.

Fuck the ute and the Hill's Hoist, that's our crowning glory right there.

Roulettes were pretty cool. Flew for like an hour too which was great. Free entry to the airgrounds and they had REALLY cheap stuff for sale, although the wait times were horrible since it was just 3 old grandmas running the makeshift stall. $1.50 cans of drink, $1.50 for a snag and $2 for a burger!
Little guy was tuckered since we got there at 8:30am "so we could get a great seat" (it is a dinky little airport out of town and ended up just having some plastic chairs and we spent most of the time wandering around anyway) but when the roulettes were flying he was on my shoulders waving to them and saying "Wow!" so that was great. As soon as he was dumped in his carseat he spent 87 seconds trying to pilfer a bag of tiny teddies out of the bag on the seat next to him before falling asleep with them half way out of the picnic bag.

No crashes, no tower buzzing, no Nazi's, no Bayplosions. :(

But it is 10 am
1XTi3.jpg

Holy shit. Burnout 3 in pcsx2 with 3x upscale, Blew my fucking mind.

It looks amazing.
Well now I have to replay Silent Hill 4 after watching that.

Edit #2: As far as emulated stuff goes, it looks like Wipeout Fusion comes off pretty well, too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfUJH-H6x00
Awesome, that is the only Wipeout I never played. Although I think some tracks we used in the PSP ones too.

So does that mean there is a sale I can go to on monday then?
Yes. Turn up at your local store at 9am and they may have some stuff or they may not. I would expect the hardware to be under the counter being bought by the staff at 9am on the dot. Very likely that the digital code cards will still be plentiful, which will be totally worth ducking out of work for an hour. Also random $1 games.

April 14th, MelbGaf part 2.
A Saturday? Might work out okay, get in before lunch and have a bevy of beers and nibbles. Not sure if I am free that weekend though. I also just bought my wedding band so not sure if I can afford it either >_<

Oh. I must be thinking of a different SC2.
Star Control 2? Damn good game.

Also I really want to start buying SNES games later this year. I picked up a heap of N64 ones a few years back, Quake was a really cool port.

Jintor

Went to see Molyjam. One dev team present, everybody else working at home. Hopefully more people at closing award time. For now chilling in UNSW Library getting some legal work done (lol).

It is real Shaneus.

So the 2 main people behind my favourite game (not including Bill Tiller who is responsible for the incredible artist look of the game) have been working at Disney Imagineering doing stage shows and rides and other shit rather than Directing/Producing/Writing high calibre adventure games. I would give hundreds of dollars if Larry Ahern & Jonathon Ackley threw up a Kickstarter to make CMI2. Even more if Tiller was involved.

Who do you consider to be your most wanted person to get back into making the games you want?

Also you stay classy OMGPOP. Nice to see Jeff Green call him on it.
douchebag7iirn.jpg

CEO shows that they are a perfect addition to the cesspool that is Zynga. How Brian Reynolds manages to stick around is beyond my comprehension.

Jintor

Holy fuck guys Toonami is back on in the states

HOLY FUCK AHH DAMN YOU APRIL FOOLS DAY THIS BETTER NOT BE A ONE-OFF

Shaneus

Got two G27s :D Waurn Ponds DSE cleared out, lady and gents!

So, what's the deal with those omgpop tweets? Is that the head guy paying out on one of the employees because he didn't want to go to Zynga. Sounds like he's the one who isn't selfish.

Gazunta

Shanshan / Jase: yeah, just noticed it in the exhibitor guide fine print. You can't even give them away. I guess they're worried people will deface the convention place with them afterwards, which I kinda get.

Shame, because I had some neat retro gaming themed ones planned. Oh well, I can just sell them on the site or give them away as a thank you to people who buy books from there.

I popped in my local DSE yesterday and checked out the games, and went in today to compare...and the shelves were basically cleared. Staff are definitely hoarding.

How bout you do some kind of competition on BTC or FWC?

So, what's the deal with those omgpop tweets? Is that the head guy paying out on one of the employees because he didn't want to go to Zynga. Sounds like he's the one who isn't selfish.
Zynga bought out OMGPOP. OMGPOP employees were offered a contract to stay with Zynga/OMGPOP as long as they gave up any games they currently had for sale/had developed. One dude had made a game for his grandmother years ago, before he took a job at OMGPOP and had put it up on the iTunes store for $1 or something. He decided to look for another job rather than give Zynga all rights to his old game and wrote about it on his blog (or maybe it was an interview?). He was VERY clear that he wasn't forced into anything though and some shitty rag blew it up to make it seem like Zynga were forcing him to hand it over.

At the same time the CEO of OMGPOP acts like an entitled douchebag. Similar to Rovio dude. This is what happens when fads that little developers create at the right time, in the right place catch fire. People who don't have the capabilities to function like an educated human being in the business world find themselves swimming in cash and contacts. We be interesting to see how long the bubble continues to float.

markot

Banned
How bout you do some kind of competition on BTC or FWC?

Zynga bought out OMGPOP. OMGPOP employees were offered a contract to stay with Zynga/OMGPOP as long as they gave up any games they currently had for sale/had developed. One dude had made a game for his grandmother years ago, before he took a job at OMGPOP and had put it up on the iTunes store for $1 or something. He decided to look for another job rather than give Zynga all rights to his old game and wrote about it on his blog (or maybe it was an interview?). He was VERY clear that he wasn't forced into anything though and some shitty rag blew it up to make it seem like Zynga were forcing him to hand it over.

At the same time the CEO of OMGPOP acts like an entitled douchebag. Similar to Rovio dude. This is what happens when fads that little developers create at the right time, in the right place catch fire. People who don't have the capabilities to function like an educated human being in the business world find themselves swimming in cash and contacts. We be interesting to see how long the bubble continues to float.
Jesus, whats wrong with that turd >_<;

Pffffffffffffft, Boris' Breakfast club was where it was at, yo!

Shanshan / Jase: yeah, just noticed it in the exhibitor guide fine print. You can't even give them away. I guess they're worried people will deface the convention place with them afterwards, which I kinda get.
Beat them at their own game! Print out some stuff on paper and hand those out with a stick of UHU glue! Fight the man!

Yagharek

So many rich mobile game devs seem to become obnoxious arsehats. Rovio, zynga, popcap, now these clowns. Nothing new, but I can't wait to see the bubble burst.

Hell, even not so rich ones become arrogant like fish and blow. They must love the sound of their own voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom