• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reptile, I posted in the original thread that the 300 points thing was stupid. I'd personally have to spend I think it was 21 hours to get those points. It ended up being about $0.0013 an hour or something ridiculous. Probably costs more in electricity...
Yeah the 10 hours of app usage is a bit ridiculous unless you already use them anyway. Other than that they are fine. 2 hours of Kinect and 1 hour of Youtube is a drop in the ocean over 30 days.

What's the best way to avoid going to a meet and greet? Pretend like you didn't get the text message? I think this is what I'm going to have to go with. I might just say in sick and didn't feel up for it. Because I am and I'm not.
Gastro, it is going around at the moment. No one will want to get it so they won't come around and see if you are actually sick. You can milk it out a few days too!

Waikis

anyone able to point me to a good dota 2 tinker guide / video tutorial.

tyia ;_;

I usually play tinker in mid because thats where he really shines.
My starting item would be bottle for rune control.

You need to max your first and second skills first before everything else. Both skills at lvl 4 will dish out around 600-700 damage and the cd isnt so bad either, so you should be able to launch a second missile if the enemy escapes.

The reason why you need to level these 2 skills first is because they lost their effectiveness during mid and late game as most characters will have more health pool. At this point your role shifts from ganker to pusher with your march of the bots skill.

Your ult should only be levelled up on lvl 10 and 11. At lvl 6, your ult wont do much as it requires significant mana. Even if you have the mana to reset your cd, you will find that you barely have the mana to cast your other skills.

my item build : bottle - boots - teleport boots - soulring - sheep stick/manta (depending on whether you want to go support/pusher build)
skill build : lvl 1-8 :1st and second skill. lvl 9: 1 point in march of the bots, lvl 10-11: 2 points in your ult.

Salazar

Biting into a McDonald's french fry should be like "walking on freshly fallen snow".

Barbara Booth, the company's director of sensory science, was presiding over the fast-food giant's semi-annual french fry evaluation in the US - a contest among McCain Foods, ConAgra Foods' Lamb Weston and J.R. Simplot to cook perfect versions of McDonald's 'world famous fries'.

lol. Grill'd>

Omikron

I'll trust you on that.

Anywhere that has to put up kilojoule counts is not going to serve top tier chips.

OSNzn.jpg

How could you say no to that.

Rezbit

Grill'd is damn amazing.

Speaking of food, I have been trawling this amazing (disgusting?) food site where people essentially make giant versions of things. Pretty ancient by internet standards, but it is fascinating. Giant Curly Wurly, for example.

I could only imagine Shan's :O face with this:
Picture19.jpg

Hey AusGAF how's things? I log onto here and the first post I see is cods telling someone to "shit in her shoes." Ahhh, it's been too long.

Also Salmon burger? Definitely don't feel right about that Omi.

Clipper

Time to tout this again so we can discover who has forgotten and hence why it needs to be postponed a third time...
please don't do this...

SydGAF Board Games Day 3, Attempt 3 will be on this coming Sunday, April 15 from 10am to whenever. Confirmed attendees are Clipper, Doncamatic and Rahk. The other regulars have all indicated they probably can't make it, but three is enough. Newbies are of course still welcome (come on, we won't bite), just contact me for details.

Day 4 will be on Sunday, May 6. Probable attendees are Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic and Rahk. Jintor, will you be available for that one?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Search YouTube for some of Purge's Tinker videos. E.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nyhNKrMtcE

He plays through games while giving live commentary and they are usually helpful.

Apart from that, try www.playdota.com or www.dotafire.com for guides/builds.

Many thanks

I usually play tinker in mid because thats where he really shines.
My starting item would be bottle for rune control.

You need to max your first and second skills first before everything else. Both skills at lvl 4 will dish out around 600-700 damage and the cd isnt so bad either, so you should be able to launch a second missile if the enemy escapes.

The reason why you need to level these 2 skills first is because they lost their effectiveness during mid and late game as most characters will have more health pool. At this point your role shifts from ganker to pusher with your march of the bots skill.

Your ult should only be levelled up on lvl 10 and 11. At lvl 6, your ult wont do much as it requires significant mana. Even if you have the mana to reset your cd, you will find that you barely have the mana to cast your other skills.

my item build : bottle - boots - teleport boots - soulring - sheep stick/manta (depending on whether you want to go support/pusher build)
skill build : lvl 1-8 :1st and second skill. lvl 9: 1 point in march of the bots, lvl 10-11: 2 points in your ult.

Thank you for this. until now i've been a bit unsure of my skill points so each game i've been putting them on differently just to see how they feel.

the items are what I go too, i find the sheep stick helps in many situations (if im quick enough)

I just changed my item hotkeys from z,x,c,v,b,n to 1,2,3,4,5,6 lastnight too before our ausgaf games, so I was a bit slow to use them on some occasions
Damn Dick Smith tricked me again. Clearance prices on the website again, had the Sesame Street Kinect game for $5, lots of stock at my store apparently. Turn up and it is just the dregs from last week still festering in the gaming corner.

>_<
Just went to my store to buy some headsets they had on the site for $5. got told the sale starts tomorrow

Deeku

I only like white-flesh fish.

That burger should have a bit of Barra in it instead.
Any fish burger would be kinda weird unless the bun is like fillet-o-fish soft.

The subtle taste and texture of fish is lost entirely in the thick/crunchy ass bread and other stuff. Like, you could take it apart and eat it separately, but that defeats the purpose of a burger!

markot

Banned
At least real meat has the courtesy to make the bones visable.

With Fish every bite is a potential surpise OF DEATH FROM FISH BONES!

Salazar

Any fish burger would be kinda weird unless the bun is like fillet-o-fish soft.

The subtle taste and texture of fish is lost entirely in the thick/crunchy ass bread and other stuff. Like, you could take it apart and eat it separately, but that defeats the purpose of a burger!

Oh man, I had a pulled pork and smashed apple bap on holiday. Huge. Had to remove about half of the pork to get my teeth around it.

Salazar

What ever happened to the Grill'd that was supposed to be coming to UQ? And the bubble tea shop for that matter.....

lol bubble tea. I dunno. We totally do need a really good takeaway burger joint, tho.

The lack of one is what has me chilling in the library eating snakes and cashews.

Fredescu

I reckon if the Labor party went to the next election on a fish and coffee platform, you'd start liking them pretty quick!

"You know, I've always loved fish."

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Random every time. This is clearly the answer.

What ever happened to the Grill'd that was supposed to be coming to UQ? And the bubble tea shop for that matter....

:O

Damn that looks hard to cut.
If I do that people will be angry at me every game...

also, bubble tea is all over Adelaide.. i havent had one in years..

MelbGAF part two - april the 14th 4pm at some location, happy for it to be my place (holycheck) if people just want to beer and videogame

Attending:
HolyCheck
BananaArnie
Aon
Aniseed

Not Attending:
Reptilescorpio
Megadrive
Omi
EvlCookie (he'll say he will, then announce via twitter 2 hours before hand hes sick)
codswallop

anyone else keen? at this point it looks like it might be boardgames at my house! lololol. / i have no idea if its just us 4 Aon you can decide as you will be new to the melbgaf hang.

Deeku

I haven't had bubble tea since forever. Also, you probably shouldn't drink bubble tea since they apparently have poisonous chemicals in them.

Just went to my store to buy some headsets they had on the site for $5. got told the sale starts tomorrow
Yeah I saw that on OzBargain but some people were getting sales. Will stop in at lunch tomorrow, meant to be limited stock of the DSi too.

That burger should have a bit of Barra in it instead.
Fish burgers are stupid. Chicken or beef. A nice piece of salmon should never be forced to mix with all those heathen vegetables, same with a juicy steak.

lol bubble tea. I dunno. We totally do need a really good takeaway burger joint, tho.

The lack of one is what has me chilling in the library eating snakes and cashews.

At least southbank is only 10 minutes away :D

I haven't had bubble tea since forever. Also, you probably shouldn't drink bubble tea since they apparently have poisonous chemicals in them.

but but.... It tastes so good...

iIS3g.gif

Fredescu

Also, you probably shouldn't drink bubble tea since they apparently have poisonous chemicals in them.
Kinda doubt that. I know tapioca comes from cassava and raw cassava has cyanide or something in it, but I doubt there'd be huge chains of tea shops all over the place if people were actually drinking cyanide.

Deeku

Kinda doubt that. I know tapioca comes from cassava and raw cassava has cyanide or something in it, but I doubt there'd be huge chains of tea shops all over the place if people were actually drinking cyanide.
I dunno. I just remember there being a huuuuge news thing about it in Taiwan, Hong Kong etc. for a good while last year. Chai Time even had this full page ad in the local australian chinese papers saying "yeah we heard about the news, but we swear we don't use the stuff from Taiwan so we're a-ok lol".

But yeah, most people don't seem to care.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Grill'd is the burger place you go when you're not drunk enough for Macca's and not close enough to your local good burger joint. If you haven't' found a good local burger join you need to look harder.

Fredescu

I dunno. I just remember there being a huuuuge news thing about it in Taiwan, Hong Kong etc. for a good while last year. Chai Time even had this full page ad in the local australian chinese papers saying "yeah we heard about the news, but we swear we don't use the stuff from Taiwan so we're a-ok lol".

But yeah, most people don't seem to care.
Looking at wikipedia it seems there are certain types of cassava that, if poorly prepared, can cause cyanide poisoning. Is it possible that the news thing was regarding a bad batch or something? You'd think if you had a chain like Easy Way, you'd use the type where that isn't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom