• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Fish burgers don't work. Fish TACOS on the other hand? My God, the delicious.

bQ0a5.jpg

Rezbit

Yeah I saw that on OzBargain but some people were getting sales. Will stop in at lunch tomorrow, meant to be limited stock of the DSi too.

Fish burgers are stupid. Chicken or beef. A nice piece of salmon should never be forced to mix with all those heathen vegetables, same with a juicy steak.

You have obviously never had a Barra burger from the Wyndham Town Hotel! Truly glorious, a lovely bit of crispy battered fish, creamy tartare sauce, nom nom nom.

Also today I learnt that bubble tea is a thing. Still don't really get it. Seems like...cordial? Milkshake? Tea with shit in it really.

Deeku

Looking at wikipedia it seems there are certain types of cassava that, if poorly prepared, can cause cyanide poisoning. Is it possible that the news thing was regarding a bad batch or something? You'd think if you had a chain like Easy Way, you'd use the type where that isn't possible.
I'm not sure if cyanide was part of thing, but I don't know, I'm not a chemist.

I found this on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Taiwan_food_scandal

That was the big thing. I guess it's been resolved now, but still, I'm kinda wary about it thanks to the media explosion back then.

anyone able to point me to a good dota 2 tinker guide / video tutorial.

tyia ;_;

This one looks OK. Seems to reinforce what you are doing except it pushes investing in march of the machines until mid game (there seems to be somewhat of a consensus on this).

This video isn't too bad from what I've seen (checked out 10 minutes of it). It doesn't just focus on skills that aren't limited to tinker: mid lane, setting up ganks, ability usage, runes, etc.

I used to eat deep fried cassava as a kid. It's just one of those things. Called it yuca. It'll kill ya, but you'll die of a heart attack from the oil rather than cyanide from the cassava.

Also, cassava biscuits are delicious.

Deeku

Doesn't look specific to bubble tea. "The food affected includes beverages, fruit juices, bread, sports drinks, tea, and jam."
Yeah, but the media tended to single out bubble tea because it's apparently still a thing. I totally thought bubble tea popularity died out years ago.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Monopoly does not count as a board game!

We established that heathens such as yourself are not invited, and the glorious superior race gamers (pro monopoly) will have plane tickets bought for them out of your pocket.

This one looks OK. Seems to reinforce what you are doing except it pushes investing in march of the machines until mid game (there seems to be somewhat of a consensus on this).

This video isn't too bad from what I've seen (checked out 10 minutes of it). It doesn't just focus on skills that aren't limited to tinker: mid lane, setting up ganks, ability usage, runes, etc.

Excellent! thank you

edit: you didnt link to a video lol

We established that heathens such as yourself are not invited, and the glorious superior race gamers (pro monopoly) will have plane tickets bought for them out of your pocket.

Excellent! thank you

edit: you didnt link to a video lol

Yeah my bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nyhNKrMtcE Of importance, and something I didn't know at all, and haven't seen in game, is the sheep stick abuse that rearm allows. Once you have Boots of Travel and Soul Ring you aim for a Scythe of Vyse (Sheepstick) then when you are roaming you can sheep stick the enemy, laser -> missile, rearm, sheepstick again, laser -> missile. Repeat until they are dead then port out.

Clipper

And while you guys play boring, old Monopoly, we shall be enjoying:
photo-93.jpg

I'm particularly hyped for Discworld...

HolyCheck

Yeah my bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nyhNKrMtcE Of importance, and something I didn't know at all, and haven't seen in game, is the sheep stick abuse that rearm allows. Once you have Boots of Travel and Soul Ring you aim for a Scythe of Vyse (Sheepstick) then when you are roaming you can sheep stick the enemy, laser -> missile, rearm, sheepstick again, laser -> missile. Repeat until they are dead then port out.

Thats actually been my end game strat for the last few games! I got yelled at last night for TP'ing into a deep lane because I Wanted to try it.. I had just changed my hot keys tho so i got confused, I need to play a few games with bots get to late game and then just practice my hot keys in fast succession

edit: It wont be boring old Monopoly.

Nintendo_Tech_812.jpg

markot

Banned
Hay Shaneus or whats your face name guy who bought a wind pad >.>!

Whats a good power cord for it that is half decently long? The one it comes with is too short, but I dont know what to look for in a replacement >.<!

I'm addicted to Dark Souls and I don't know why. A big part of me hates the game. Is it supposed to feel this way...

I have a similar experience with The World Ends With You. When the game is bad, it's f*cking terrible. When it's good, though, it's so damn good.

Also, after about a month of it being in the slot of my 3DS and grinding incessantly for money/pins/clothes (I tend to power level in RPGs), I find out about the level slider and how dialing your level way down it makes garden variety noise almost guaranteed to drop pins. I was at once ecstatic about the phat loot I would get and pissed at all the time I wasted doing it the old way.

legend166

What's the best way to get my friend a Dota 2 key?

Also I've found a guide with a completely different way to play Huskar so let's get another AusGAF 5v5 going tonight.

I think Cryptik had a spare one, someone in AusGAF is bound to have one.

Truly glorious, a lovely bit of crispy battered fish, creamy tartare sauce, nom nom nom.
Which is just as good WITHOUT a bun around it!

Monopoly does not count as a board game!
Why not? It has all the hallmarks of a board game and the experience of playing a board game. Also you play it when you are board and it is a game so ipso facto gameo.

Q&A repeat on tv now.

Pell is an intellectual lightweight.
Pell is a monetary god.

Hooo boy. Job promotion get, relocation imminent. We only just moved house >.<

I'm slightly discombobulated.
Where are you moving too? I think I could probably move up the chain too if I moved but the little guy really likes it here :/

Hay Shaneus or whats your face name guy who bought a wind pad >.>!

What's a good power cord for it that is half decently long? The one it comes with is too short, but I dont know what to look for in a replacement >.<!
Is it just a micro hdmi cable? Should be easy enough to go to your local PC place or even better would be to order it off eBay.

Because the winner is decided in the first 10 mins and the rest of the time is spent grinding out that result.

Also, roll and move.

Double also, no legitimate decisions to make.

Depends on whose rules you play by. Normal rules are boring. When you can barter properties and auction off turns things remain interesting.

Also, LIGHTNING ROUND!

Yagharek

Where are you moving too? I think I could probably move up the chain too if I moved but the little guy really likes it here :/

Looks like it will be from Perth to Geraldton. Bit daunting tbh, but at least it offers more certainty as for the past 3 years I have spent about 12 months away from home for work. :s

Main problem is I just hate moving itself though. Moved twice interstate in 3 years, and one extra time only 4 months ago across Perth when our old rental lease wasn't renewed. I hate cardboard boxes like markot hates fish.

Omikron

Depends on whose rules you play by. Normal rules are boring. When you can barter properties and auction off turns things remain interesting.

Also, LIGHTNING ROUND!

I don't care what rules you are playing, my assertions are still correct. Monopoly is a very poor board game.

Yagharek

What have we here....

I don't care what rules you are playing, my assertions are still correct. Monopoly is a very poor board game.

Oh, ok. Because ...

Because the winner is decided in the first 10 mins and the rest of the time is spent grinding out that result.

Also, roll and move.

Double also, no legitimate decisions to make.

... this assertion is blatantly false. I've won monopoly solely from 4 railroads and also solely from mayfair + parklane, despite not having any of the green, red or yellow sets which others did have.

I know what you're getting at, but if you insist on being pedantic you need to have a bulletproof argument. :p

Omikron

Your statement didn't exactly counter argue any of my points, just pointed out how you won. Once.

Fundamentally the game is one of chance, that's it.

Yagharek

Your statement didn't exactly counter argue any of my points, just pointed out how you won. Once.

Fundamentally the game is one of chance, that's it.

You've got a foot in each camp though. Apparently it's chance for ten minutes then fate afterwards. I'd argue it's chance throughout with the wildcard of negotiation.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played a serious board game other than Monopoly. I'm probably missing out on some great stuff.

Omikron

You've got a foot in each camp though. Apparently it's chance for ten minutes then fate afterwards. I'd argue it's chance throughout with the wildcard of negotiation.

How often do you see a game of monopoly where someone turns around on a player with a big lead? Just doesn't happen. If you want a roll and move game, play backgammon. There are tons of economic games out there if that is more your thing with actual decision making if you like that aspect.

@rez - you are. And a lot of them can be played multiple times in the time it takes to finish a game of monopoly.

HolyCheck

I've never played a serious board game other than Monopoly. I'm probably missing out on some great stuff.

Most people who play the other games are going to be too ties up in rules to let you muck around and dick about. Which as everyone knows the rules to monopoly, you can.

Therefor more fun.

Also serious Q. Where in melb is good to live. I want fitzroy but there's just no where up for rent in my price range. Richmond seems to be full of twats.

I have a few friends in Richmond and they hate it there. Outer suburbs is where they are aiming for, no real targeted suburb though lol.

Monopoly is the best board game. It is the entry point to all those board games you want to post up as the correct board games. Without Monopoly to enthral players they would never branch out into the games you are currently playing unless dragged into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom