• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Blizzard CEs are actually limited and tend to sell out a month or two before release. If CD Wow were getting any stock I imagine they'd have them up for pre order already, like most other stores have.

Oh, I'm not talking about CD Wow. I'm talking about Amazon US and stuff. Was the US price ever officially announced?

Edit: Seems like it may have been and it was retail only. OK, time to stop trusting certain websites as reliable for information on this...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
In NSW, they can charge you for any rent up until the end of the lease, unless you find them a new tenant. Basically, the lease is a promise you'll be around until at least that date. If you leave earlier and they can't find a replacement tenant, you still have to pay them until they do find one (or you find one for them).

ok if thats the case she could tell me that instead of just "it will be expensive for you to leave i suggest you stay"

She's probably trying to exaggerate the problems to get you to stay. Would it be a problem for you to stay till june? Its only 3 months.

I have a friend moving over from Adelaide in 15 days to live. it's going to be a squishy 3 months.

Jintor

Now i'm being told by my land lord i would be liable for charges related to breaking my lease if I go ahead with it as my 12 month lease doesnt end til the end of June.

What charges would those be?

she said it would be quite expensive for me to move out and said I would probably be better just staying tthere til the lease is up?

Check the cancellation clauses of your lease?

I'd personally never preorder with CD Wow or whatever they're calling themselves these days.
For a company that charges when you place the order, I've not had the greatest luck with preorders from them. I preordered HL2 for PC (yes, that long ago) and eventually bought it on Steam (back when a lot of people were reluctant to try steam). I tried them with preorders again years later for CoD4 and MW2. Both times the games took weeeeeeeeks after they were released to show up.

I rarely had problems with instock stuff though. It has been a few years since I used them though.

Fredescu

She's probably trying to exaggerate the problems to get you to stay.
Three months rent is a lot of problems.

Edit: Seems like it may have been and it was retail only. OK, time to stop trusting certain websites as reliable for information on this...
Walmart hasn't stopped preorders by the looks: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-III-Collector-s-Edition-PC-Mac-PC/19237344

They're the only ones I can find. No idea if they reliable enough to stop pre orders once their allocation is filled or not.

HolyCheck

Three months rent is a lot of problems.

Walmart hasn't stopped preorders by the looks: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Diablo-III-Collector-s-Edition-PC-Mac-PC/19237344

They're the only ones I can find. No idea if they reliable enough to stop pre orders once their allocation is filled or not.

well its not 3 months,

june 26th is the day and I gave my notice (which she said in her call she will ignore and let me think about it til monday) for 28 days yesterday, so its 5 weeks.

HolyCheck

My agent just emailed me all the stuff I'd have to pay.

Its all in mumbo jumbo speak ;_;

if anyone here is quite familiar with this crap could you PM me or let me know if it's ok to pm you what she sent to have a look at it?

Clipper

Jintor

I was agreeing with you, but on reflection that doesn't come across in the text.

Anyway Check you can't just break agreements whenever you feel like it. Legally binding and whatnot.

HolyCheck

I was agreeing with you, but on reflection that doesn't come across in the text.

Anyway Check you can't just break agreements whenever you feel like it. Legally binding and whatnot.

yeah i know.

I just dont know this shit, and I wish that when in January I emailed her asking what I needed to do in april to leave my lease she just responded

"Hi Nick,

You have to give 28 days’ notice in writing.

(Email is fine).

So when you know the dates, let me know and we can go from there."

The thing is from the other side of the fence, every time a tenant moves out the real estate agent charges them a letting fee (generally about 3 weeks rent) to get someone new in.

It's why with the rental properties I have I'd rather keep the tenants happy than have them move out.

HolyCheck

The thing is from the other side of the fence, every time a tenant moves out the real estate agent charges them a letting fee (generally about 3 weeks rent) to get someone new in.

It's why with the rental properties I have I'd rather keep the tenants happy than have them move out.

i had mushrooms for 5 months.

With the topic of renting, is it the landlord's or my responsibility to pay for pest control to clear mice out of my house I just moved into? I've caught 5 in the past week.

Clipper

With the topic of renting, is it the landlord's or my responsibility to pay for pest control to clear mice out of my house I just moved into? I've caught 5 in the past week.

It seems to be dependent on whether the infestation is caused by your tenancy or not. If you've been keeping the place tidy and haven't obviously let the mice in somehow, then you should be able to reach an agreement with your landlord to sort it out.

Danoss

Speaking of which, we have a similar problem. There was a noise on my patio roof and then I saw this little bugger outside the back door. I was shooting through a dirty window and flyscreen, so focusing and image clarity was an issue, as you can see.

PuHEm.jpg

The noise wasn't the mouse however. It was one of the local feral cats that spotted the mouse and was scrambling to get to it. Out of the shot, the cat was waiting patiently on the garage roof, the moment not yet right for it to strike. Sadly I couldn't fit both of them in frame, that would've been an awesome shot.

I did try to improve the view by attempting to open the window. Well, the mouse didn't like that at all and took off... right into the wall you see in front of it. It dropped down about a metre and a half to the ground and took off. The cat jumped off the roof and it was an absolute frenzy for it to catch it. I ran outside to try and grab a photo, but the cat was scared of me and took off. It didn't run far though, it wanted the small meal even though it was long gone.

oipic

i'm down with some DOTA2 even though i've never played it before :<

Likewise. Got in on the beta action awhile back, and then *boom*, three or four weeks of work hell, and almost zero gaming (and AusGAF) time*. I miss you guys.

So AusGAF, are you guys like all kick-arse DOTA2 exponents by now, or can noobs like me and wonzo still get involved without raising the ire of the die-hard elite?

* Oh, and I got an iPad - downloading countless crappy apps that I really don't need is proving time consuming. Ahh, but comics are wonderful on the whiz-bang screen.

markot

Banned
yeah i know.

I just dont know this shit, and I wish that when in January I emailed her asking what I needed to do in april to leave my lease she just responded

"Hi Nick,

You have to give 28 days’ notice in writing.

(Email is fine).

So when you know the dates, let me know and we can go from there."
Hm... Did you send the notice in writing?

I think that if she told you that, and wrote it to you, then its.... ok to just give 28 days notice.

HolyCheck

Hm... Did you send the notice in writing?

I think that if she told you that, and wrote it to you, then its.... ok to just give 28 days notice.

i did

and i guess its ok to just give 28 days notice.. but im a noob at this and from her email I assumed i would be ok to move out after 28 days and not have to continue paying for shit if she doesnt find anyone

HolyCheck

:( me and my friend will just shack up for 2 months.

he works 12 - 7am, and I 9 - 5

so we could make this work very well lol.

Reminds me, my brother has been eating food and hiding it around the house so no one would know he was snacking (icecream behind the tv, orange juice under the bed). Anyway, one day he's up late and something fuzzy brushes his leg. He thinks its the dog, and then realises its not. Turns out rats started living in his room. I thought it was pretty funny.

Reminds me, my brother has been eating food and hiding it around the house so no one would know he was snacking (icecream behind the tv, orange juice under the bed). Anyway, one day he's up late and something fuzzy brushes his leg. He thinks its the dog, and then realises its not. Turns out rats started living in his room. I thought it was pretty funny.

I used to forget to throw food away, wrappers and the like. Mice started living around my house. Fairly sure they were always there though. On the plus side, I now always throw shit away.

Boken

Banned

My greatest fear.

Danoss

I fell asleep just seeing that picture.

Yep. Popular board game, shame it isn't very good.

I was listening to a podcast last night where one of my favourite game designers, Greg Stolze, was being interviewed. He was talking mostly about his RPG 'Wild Talents', but also a board game he was designing. He went off-topic briefly to talk about Monopoly, as one of his younger sons likes it, so he's been playing it with him.

Anyway, he's talking about the rules and the balance of the game and comes to the common house rules, which were part of a FAQ in the box of his game. The FAQ mentioned that if your game is taking a long time, it can sometimes be down to house rules. The most common one is the 'land on free parking, collect all previous taxes' thing, which totally breaks the game. The taxes are meant to be taking money out of the system and this house rule prevents that and keeps the money in circulation.

Even with the game played as per the written rules, there is always the chance that the game will never end. I think the probability has been calculated at something around 12%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom