• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

They're all on the same board. :|
Hmm... I'm not sure what's causing it then (probably just bad design).

Edit: and I just reread your post in full and noticed your mention of no inputs. I really should have seen that before. It must just be a DVD player that comes with its own set of speakers, yeah.

They're all on the same board. :|

Dude, I have the same thing happened to me. You need at least optical put to goto the ps3 so you need some type of amplifier that can convert the analog signal to digital. I know these are quite pricey but there is a cheaper solution out there that I can link you with when I get home. It's a Chinese made convertor all you need to do is plug in the analog signal at the back and it converts it to optical thenbyou plug it into your ps3.

I used this with old analog logitech speakers btw. I think I have one lying around I could probably give to you.

legend166

Guys I bought a headset yesterday, so I'll be up for some Dota 2/Mumble action.

Now I'll be able to respond when people yell at me for pulling a Leeroy Jenkins.

You don't need one. Ridonk does.

Well you probably do too. But seriously Donk xD

Well I could just fix up my over-ear headphones and use the mic from the broken headset I already have. It would save me a fair amount of bucks. Maybe I'll just do that instead.

edit: i just ordered the replacement cable. Jambo: It ended up costing $26. $10 for shipping from that spare parts site

Guys I bought a headset yesterday, so I'll be up for some Dota 2/Mumble action.

Now I'll be able to respond when people yell at me for pulling a Leeroy Jenkins.

Awesome news legend.

On the note of DotA 2, the AusGAF games we had on the weekend were really fun and can't wait to do more.

Axiom

MPW-41231

I was going to post this in the obscure 80s movie thread before I noticed it specified animated.

I'm not entirely sure why I decided to rent and subsequently loved a movie with magical stamp collecting as a plot hook. Turns out it was an Aussie/Canada production so I figured out why nobody else seems to have heard of it.

If I am terrible at dota-like games will I pick up dota quickly enough? I feel like I'm missing out based on how everyone is saying how fun it all is ;_;

If you don't like the gameplay, you won't like it. You can learn to play easily enough, especially if you are playing with AusGAF people.

most of the guys playing atm are all relatively "new" so now would be the perfect time to start playing if you want to give it a go. especially seeing as it's free and in beta

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Awesome news legend.

On the note of DotA 2, the AusGAF games we had on the weekend were really fun and can't wait to do more.

It's actually great when we're getting TOO many people for a game too.

I'm up for a game or two tonight around 9pm?

edit: I agree, we should have a tournament.

3 teams of 4

marsh, ridonk and donc as captains, and they get to take turns picking players old school school yard style.

who's keen?

If you don't like the gameplay, you won't like it. You can learn to play easily enough, especially if you are playing with AusGAF people.

most of the guys playing atm are all relatively "new" so now would be the perfect time to start playing if you want to give it a go. especially seeing as it's free and in beta

Well in that case, can anyone spare a key for me? I'll be on Steam all of tonight basically.

Aon

Randoms are pretty cool to play with cos you don't feel guilty killing them like you do Arnie.

Your desire for new players to have a fun time often runs up against your desire to repeatedly destroy them and make them hate life.

ITS A HARD CALL ;__;

It's actually great when we're getting TOO many people for a game too.

I'm up for a game or two tonight around 9pm?

edit: I agree, we should have a tournament.

3 teams of 4

marsh, ridonk and donc as captains, and they get to take turns picking players old school school yard style.

who's keen?

I am super keen for this. Would be heaps of fun.

Jintor

Dude, I have the same thing happened to me. You need at least optical put to goto the ps3 so you need some type of amplifier that can convert the analog signal to digital. I know these are quite pricey but there is a cheaper solution out there that I can link you with when I get home. It's a Chinese made convertor all you need to do is plug in the analog signal at the back and it converts it to optical thenbyou plug it into your ps3.

I used this with old analog logitech speakers btw. I think I have one lying around I could probably give to you.

That would be tops. Not essential though so don't go out of your way.

legend166

Right, let's do this.

COPY AND REPOST WITH YOUR NAME IF YOU ARE IN.

THE 2012 INAUGURAL AUSGAF DOTA 2 TOURNAMENT

Participants:
legend166

With the interest and enjoyment that everyone is getting from playing DotA 2 i know at least a few of you are pretty keen to learn the ropes and get better.

I have basically been a fan of DotA since back in the WC3 days and the alpha versions of the map mod. For some reason, the game is still just as enjoyable for me today as it was back then. With any luck this might convince some more of you to come along and at least try it out while it is in beta! :D

Anyhow, to my point:
3 Guides from a site i believe Aon initially linked to me which will be VERY useful for new players as surprisingly there is quite a bit of depth to dota's gameplay.

Basics Guide, Easy Reading
Tips and Tricks < Why you died to that tower and why that guy in your lane is 3 levels higher
In-Depth guide on all things DotA and how to play smart

Hope this helps you guys out, looking forward to many more matches with the AusGAF community!

Aon

Participants:
legend166, unmuted.
Marshymallow the reluctant carry.
Fogz, who leapt through time.
Aonshix Karst the Third, Prophet of the Dead.
Hamchan, the silent killer.

I think Hamchan or Donc found those guides, actually. Maybe Rahk. I've never read one for D2 xD

wonzo

Banned
i'm a complete noob at dota2 so i'm down with a tournament.

With the interest and enjoyment that everyone is getting from playing DotA 2 i know at least a few of you are pretty keen to learn the ropes and get better.

I have basically been a fan of DotA since back in the WC3 days and the alpha versions of the map mod. For some reason, the game is still just as enjoyable for me today as it was back then. With any luck this might convince some more of you to come along and at least try it out while it is in beta! :D

Anyhow, to my point:
3 Guides from a site i believe Aon initially linked to me which will be VERY useful for new players as surprisingly there is quite a bit of depth to dota's gameplay.

Basics Guide, Easy Reading
Tips and Tricks < Why you died to that tower and why that guy in your lane is 3 levels higher
In-Depth guide on all things DotA and how to play smart

Hope this helps you guys out, looking forward to many more matches with the AusGAF community!
thanks for this!

Rahk

Participants:
legend166, unmuted.
Hamchan, the silent killer.

I think Hamchan or Donc found those guides, actually. Maybe Rahk. I've never read one for D2 xD

I'm in! Can't be bothered pasting because I am phone.

Fredescu

Participants:
legend166, unmuted.
Hamchan, the silent killer
Rahk, he is phone

Aon

Participants: 9. 75% of our way to three teams of four.
legend166, unmuted.
Rahk, he is phone
Jintor, who knows Dark secrets in his Soul(s).
Shan Shan, whose boyfriend?!!?!?!?!
Wonzo the scholar.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Participants: 10. cbs maths% of our way to three teams of four.
legend166, unmuted.
Rahk, he is phone
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck

Aon

Participants: 10. 83% of our way to three teams of four.
legend166, unmuted.
Rahk, he is phone
Wonzo the scholar.
HolyCheck the Earthshaking Leather Gracket.

Rezbit

Participants: 10. 83% of our way to three teams of four.
legend166, unmuted.
Rahk, he is phone
Wonzo the scholar.

Rezbit

legend166

legend166, unmuted.
Rahk, he is phone
Wonzo the scholar.
Frawdder
Kritz
Rezbit

At this rate we could get to 20. Still donc, ridonk, cookie and arnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom